March 22, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
San Francisco, CA: An ERISA lawsuit that alleged fiduciary failings on the part of principles involved with Accuracy Glass & Mirror Co. Inc. (Accuracy) was lost when appellate justices with the Ninth Circuit affirmed a lower court ruling that dismissed, in part, the pension plan lawsuit.Read [ Are Missed Contributions Considered Plan Assets Under ERISA? ]
October 13, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Las Vegas, NV: A 21-year-old college student from California has filed a multi-defendant lawsuit claiming their negligence is responsible for the injuries she sustained at a country music festival in Las Vegas as a deranged shooter fired a hail of automatic gunfire into a crowd from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Casino Resort killing 58 people and wounding hundreds more on October 1, 2017.Read [ Woman Injured in Las Vegas Shooting Launches Lawsuit ]
September 26, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Las Vegas, NV: The angst over potential airbag failure and the airbag recall involving primary, and some side airbags manufactured by Takata has transferred to China now, with the recent announcement that General Motors and its Chinese joint venture Shanghai GM will recall more than 2.5 million vehicles in China known to have faulty Takata airbags. Earlier, Volkswagen AG announced a recall of 4.86 million vehicles for similar reasons. Whether, or not this will result in an airbag lawsuit akin to litigation that is commonplace in the US remains to be seen – and whether recycled airbags and corresponding airbag injuries will also emerge as a tandem issue.Read [ Takata Airbag Recalls in China, Dorado Airbag Injury Lawsuit Filed in Nevada ]
August 23, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Las Vegas, NV: On Friday, August 18, 2017, attorneys for Karina Dorado, a young woman who suffered severe airbag injuries, filed suit in a Nevada state court. The case highlights the danger consumers face from replacement airbags. These are situations that slip through the cracks of massive airbag recall efforts and remain largely unaddressed by law.Read [ Replacement Airbags Pose Serious Risk of Injury to Consumers ]
July 4, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Los Vegas, NV: Karina Dorado appears, by circumstance, to have become the latest poster child for airbag injuries. The 18-year-old Nevada resident was involved in a relatively minor front-end collision earlier this year from which most people would walk away. However, the force with which the driver’s side airbag in her used Honda Accord deployed shattered the inflator casing, sending shards of shrapnel into the young woman’s throat. She very nearly died.Read [ With Takata Falling, Airbag Injuries and Recycled Airbags Take Center Stage ]
June 23, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Las Vegas, NV: An otherwise minor crash in a car with a recalled airbag not only caused the young female driver emotional trauma, pain and injuries to her neck and vocal cords, but also speaks to just how a defective airbag got into her car in the first place, together with the lack of effective oversight.Read [ Airbag Injury to Young Teen Caused by Reused defective Airbag ]
May 1, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Las Vegas, NV: A Nevada woman suffered serious injuries when the airbag in a used car that her father gave her as a gift exploded.Read [ Airbag in Salvaged Used Car Explodes in Minor Crash ]
March 27, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Dallas, TX: Patients who suffered injuries after receiving the shingles vaccine Zostavax may have lawsuit claims against the vaccine's manufacturer for allegedly failing to warn consumers of the vaccine's risks.Read [ Woman Claims She Suffered Injuries from Shingles Vaccine ]
March 16, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Complaints are mounting against Merck, the manufacturer of the shingles vaccine Zostavax that has been linked to life-threatening side effects. And the first Zostavax Injury Lawsuit was recently filed.Read [ Shingles Vaccine Lawsuits Mounting ]
February 3, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Las Vegas, NV: While almost all Abilify lawsuits involve gambling addiction, Nancy’s teenage son became addicted to video games and it caused irreparable damage. If Nancy had known about Abilify side effects, she would have discussed with her son’s psychiatrist whether the risks outweighed the benefits. And he wouldn’t have taken the drug.Read [ Abilify Addiction: Age no Barrier ]
- Transvaginal Mesh Doctors Still in Denial By Jane Mundy (Oct-29-16)
- A Tale of Two Bad Faith Insurance Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Sep-16-16)
- California Files Securities Lawsuit against Morgan Stanley By Heidi Turner (Apr-15-16)
- Chipotle Faces Securities Lawsuit, among Others By Heidi Turner (Jan-25-16)
- Police Battle the State of Nevada over Pay for Union Activities By Gordon Gibb (Nov-28-15)
- When a Car Recall Leads to a Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Nov-14-15)
- Donning and Doffing Lawsuit Nets $9.75 Million Settlement By Heidi Turner (Sep-16-15)
- FINRA Orders UBS to Pay Almost $3M By Heidi Turner (Sep-10-15)
- FINRA Awards Couple $16.6 Million By Heidi Turner (Jul-16-15)
- Nevada Employment Plaintiff Wins Appeal, Lawsuit Can Continue By Gordon Gibb (Jun-12-15)
- SEC Files Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (May-7-15)
- FINRA Fines Increased in 2014 By Heidi Turner (Mar-7-15)
- Securities Lawyer: Securities Fraud Happens Every Day By Heidi Turner (Nov-12-13)
- Securities Lawsuit Could Affect Future Securities Fraud Claims By Heidi Turner (Oct-25-13)
- Drug Company Settles Securities Lawsuit for $40 Million By Heidi Turner (Sep-25-13)
- Bank of America Faces Securities Fraud Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Aug-11-13)
- Citigroup Settles Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Jun-22-13)
- Misleading Statements in Securities Fraud By Heidi Turner (May-25-13)
- Bank of America Will Pay $165 Million to Settle Securities Complaints By Heidi Turner (Apr-18-13)
- Morgan Keegan Settlement “Not Fair,” Says Attorney By Brenda Craig (Apr-12-13)
- Amgen Securities Lawsuit Allowed to Continue By Heidi Turner (Mar-15-13)
- S&P Accused of Securities Fraud By Heidi Turner (Feb-23-13)
- Will Judicial Shortage Shortchange Nevada Overtime Laws? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-20-13)
- Securities Fraud Focus Shifting to Individual Responsibility By Heidi Turner (Jan-22-13)
- REIT Unsuitability Violations: Interview with Attorney Christopher Gray By Heidi Turner (Jan-11-13)
- Sexual Harassment Lands Nevada Employer in Hot Water By Gordon Gibb (Jan-4-13)
- Mortgage-Backed Securities Result in Lawsuit Against JPMorgan By Heidi Turner (Dec-21-12)
- Securities Lawsuit Filed Against Wells Fargo By Heidi Turner (Nov-18-12)
- Victory for Union Activists in Nevada Labor Dispute By Gordon Gibb (Nov-15-12)
- JPMorgan Faces Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Oct-22-12)
- Nevada Employment Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Oct-21-12)
- Nevada Casino Tipping Battle an Employment Issue Worth Watching By Gordon Gibb (Sep-25-12)
- Citigroup Securities Lawsuit Settled By Heidi Turner (Sep-22-12)
- Former Football Coach Charged With Ponzi Scheme By Heidi Turner (Aug-18-12)
- Litigation Expenses: Interest Charged to Lawyer Passed on to Clients By Chris Hernandez (Jul-18-12)
- Bank of America Securities Lawsuit to Proceed By Heidi Turner (Jul-14-12)
- Facebook-Related Securities Lawsuits Growing By Heidi Turner (Jun-15-12)
- CardioGen-82 Study and Testing Disappears By Jane Mundy (Jun-12-12)
- Groupon Faces Class-Action Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Apr-12-12)
- SEC Securities Fraud Investigation Nets Results By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-12)