November 28, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Wilmington, DE: A vilified auto parts manufacturer at the center of the largest automotive recall in US history over defective airbags has been granted a bit of breathing room by the courts with regard to its bankruptcy proceedings. When combined with some temporary concessions granted by its client automakers, Takata Corp. will be in a better position to remain relatively healthy long enough to fulfill various obligations deemed integral by the courts and the automotive industry – the latter wanting to ensure Takata will be in a position to manufacture the replacement inflators needed to replace defective units that have injured, maimed or killed scores of drivers or passengers.Read [ Takata Given Room to Breathe Over Defective Airbags for Now ]
October 8, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Wilmington, DE: It’s been a long wait for prospective plaintiffs with home defect issues dating back to as far back as 1999. With a formal request Wednesday to a Delaware bankruptcy court to lift a litigation stay in a long-running Chapter 7 bankruptcy involving builder WL Homes LLC (WL), the plaintiffs hope to launch a home warranty lawsuit and pursue compensation from the builder’s insurance provider.Read [ Long-Suffering Homeowners Hoping to Pursue Home Warranty Lawsuit ]
August 11, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC:Saxagliptin lawsuit plaintiffs just got a big victory. The fact that they can sue in California courts under California law will affect whether and how much they can recover for the injuries they have suffered.Read [ California Saxagliptin Lawsuit Plaintiffs Score Big Procedural Win ]
July 18, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
New Orleans, LA: Plaintiffs in a Louisiana multidistrict Taxotere litigation have asked the court to remand several cases back to state courts.Read [ Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation May Remand Some Cases to State Courts ]
June 5, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Washington, DC:Four federal talcum powder cancer lawsuits from two states claiming that Johnson & Johnson's talcum products caused ovarian cancer have been transferred to a multidistrict litigation in New Jersey.Read [ More Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Lawsuits Transferred to New Jersey MDL ]
May 24, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Alabama:An Alabama woman is suing the makers of the popular proton pump inhibitor (PPI) medications Nexium, Prilosec and Prevacid for kidney-related injuries she claims she suffered after taking the products.Read [ Woman Claims She Suffered Kidney Injuries from Taking Acid Reflux Medications ]
May 15, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: A recent filing by Taxotere manufacturer Sanofi Aventis with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) revealed the current state of Taxotere hair loss lawsuits as of the end of the pharmaceutical’s fiscal year ending December 31, 2016.Read [ Taxotere Hair Loss Patients Speak Out Over the Fallout ]
May 1, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
St. Louis, MO: Missouri’s fifth talcum powder trial began April 11, with plaintiffs claiming that Johnson & Johnson knew for decades about the link to ovarian cancer but chose profit over safety and continued to market Shower-to-Shower and Johnson's Baby Powder.Read [ Round 5: Talcum Powder Plaintiffs versus Johnson & Johnson ]
April 11, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Kansas City, MO: A talcum powder cancer lawsuit filed in state court by multiple plaintiffs in Missouri has been removed to federal court by attorneys for Johnson & Johnson, who may transfer the case to a multidistrict litigation in New Jersey.Read [ Missouri Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Could Go to New Jersey MDL ]
April 9, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Wilmington, DE: The makers of the blood thinner Eliquis have sued Mylan Pharmaceuticals for patent infringement and asked a judge to stop approval of Mylan's generic version of the drug used in Eliquis.Read [ Makers of Eliquis Ask the Court to Stop Sale of Generic Version ]
- Alere Inc. In Tough over Recalled INRatio, Abbott Merger in Jeopardy By Gordon Gibb (Jan-3-17)
- Asbestosis Lawsuits Complicated for Plaintiffs By Heidi Turner (Feb-28-14)
- Simmons Firm Secures $2.86 Million Jury Verdict Against RT Vanderbilt for Family of Mesothelioma Victim By Abi Kistler (Jul-31-12)
- Shoulder Pain Pump Plaintiffs Settle with Stryker By Gordon Gibb (Mar-26-12)
- Jonathans Sprouts Recalls Alfalfa Sprouts Because of Possible Salmonella Contamination By Lucy Campbell (Apr-21-11)
- New York Governor Halts Fracking Until July By Gordon Gibb (Dec-16-10)
- Labor Department Sues Former Printer Owner Over ERISA Violation By Charles Benson (Nov-22-10)
- Securities Fraud Stings Delaware Woman for Over $300,000 By Gordon Gibb (Sep-4-10)
- Two Bodies Pulled From Delaware River in Duck Boat Accident By Lucy Campbell (Jul-9-10)
- Two Missing in Delaware Boat Accident By Lucy Campbell (Jul-7-10)
- Spinach Recalled due to Possible Listeria Contamination By Lucy Campbell (Jun-24-10)
- Companies File Bankruptcy to Resolve Asbestos Claims By Jane Mundy (Jun-2-10)
- Toyota Stalls Customer By Jane Mundy (Apr-22-10)
- Delaware Files Suit Against Developer over Consumer Fraud By Charles Benson (Feb-26-10)
- 26,000 Seroquel Lawsuits and Counting By Gordon Gibb (Feb-14-10)
- Famed Civil Rights Lawyer Subject of New Film By Gordon Gibb (Nov-16-09)
- "I Wouldn't Wish SJS on My Worst Enemy" By Jane Mundy (Nov-5-09)
- Heparin Deaths Bring Blood Thinner to Spotlight Again By Heidi Turner (May-22-09)
- Two New Heparin Deaths Spark Renewed Concerns By Gordon Gibb (May-13-09)
- One-Sided Unum By Jane Mundy (Jul-26-08)
- AMD Files Antitrust Suit against Intel By Ginger Gillenwater (May-15-08)
- Police Officer Restored to Position after being Let Go in Whistleblower Incident By Delsia Hartford (Apr-24-08)
- Wind Shear Detection Improving but not Foolproof By Julia Browne (Mar-12-08)
- Seroquel Touted as a Miracle Drug. But is it Greed? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-26-07)
- Clogged Logic: Johnson&Johnson Admits in Court Stents are Unsafe By Gordon Gibb (Oct-5-07)
- More Seroquel Lawsuits: Patients Speak Out By Anne Borden (Jul-15-07)
- Seroquel: A $10 Billion Corporate Hit By Gordon Gibb (Jul-3-07)
- Seroquel Lawsuits Add Up By Heidi Turner (May-21-07)