Legal News Articles - Personal Injury
April 20, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
New Orleans, LA: An interesting sidebar to Taxotere hair loss litigation has opened up through a peek into docetaxel hair loss multidistrict litigation, and an accompanying analysis of the various approval protocols employed to bring both branded and generic docetaxel (Taxotere) to the market.Read [ Pharmaceuticals Fast-Tracked to Market through Little-Known FDA Protocol ]
April 20, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Minneapolis, MN: A peek into the archives of the Nursing Times (09/21/00) provides some perspective into endoscope infection, and just how long the issue of cleaning and sterilizing endoscopes sufficiently to avoid passing infections between patients, has been a concern.Read [ Recent Study Suggests Endoscope Infection Escapes Even Rigorous Cleaning ]
April 19, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Dallas, TX It was an alert physician who first noticed signs and symptoms of lead poisoning in some of her patients in Flint, Michigan. It was soon discovered water from the Flint River had corroded aging pipes causing lead to leach into the city’s water supply. Dangerous amounts of lead were slowing building up in the blood streams of Flint residents and causing health problems due to lead exposure.Read [ Lead Poisoning Still Happens ]
April 19, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: We are just a few days beyond the one-year anniversary of the issuance, by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), of a Class 1 designation to the recall of the Fetch 2 Aspiration Catheter by medical device manufacturer Boston Scientific. The voluntary recall was triggered by the manufacturer the previous month, on March 22, 2016.Read [ Will Federal Deregulation make it Easier for Plaintiffs to Sue over Defective Catheters? ]
April 19, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: A $55 million jury verdict brought against Honda Motor Co, in 2014 will stand, according to a ruling by the Pennsylvania Superior Court. The settlement resulted from a personal injury lawsuit against Honda that alleged the automotive manufacturer ignored a seat belt defect. The suit was brought by a man who claimed that defect resulted in his becoming paralyzed.Read [ $55M Personal Injury Verdict Against Honda Stands ]
April 18, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
San Diego, CA The majority of the lawsuits brought by women who developed cancer after a power morcellator procedure to extract uterine fibroids are wrapping up usually via a settlement agreement with Johnson and Johnson.Read [ Power Morcellation Suits Wrap Up but Doctors Still Like Procedure ]
April 18, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Chicago, Ill Lawyers representing Dr. David Dao, the 69-year-old passenger who was forcibly removed from a United Airlines flight, have filed an emergency request with a court in Chicago asking the airline to preserve all video, cockpit recordings, surveillance video, passenger and crew lists and other evidence related to the incident.Read [ Man Ejected from United Airlines Seat Prepares to Sue ]
April 17, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Dallas, TX The FDA is taking the unusual step of calling out a specific doctor and warning people to steer clear of the use of TVAM angioplasty as a treatment for serious illnesses such as Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis and other autonomic disorders.Read [ FDA Warns Against Off Label Angioplasty Treatment Known as TVAM ]
April 17, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Tampa, FL: Donna Rushing is a resident from Tampa who developed Stevens Johnson Syndrome from a medication she had been taking. While she was spared hospitalization and more serious SJS side effects that can often include massive loss of skin and life-threatening infections, her battle with Stevens Johnson skin disease was enough to cause her to lose weight, affected her eating and has left her with permanent scarring in her mouth.Read [ Stevens Johnson Syndrome Victim Has Permanent Scarring in her Mouth ]
April 17, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Waltham, MA: Three University of Melbourne researchers have recently published a letter to the editor in the New England Journal of Medicine voicing concern that thousands of patients worldwide could be exposed to contaminated medical devices.Read [ Australian Researchers Urge Sharing Data On Contaminated Medical Devices ]
- Transvaginal Mesh Global Roundup: Sensational, Scandal and Settlement By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-17)
- Federal Eliquis Blood Thinner Lawsuits Assigned to New York, State Suits Pending By Gordon Gibb (Apr-17-17)
- Prilosec Kidney Damage Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-17)
- Power Morcellators Fast-Tracked Through FDA 510(k) Clearance By Gordon Gibb (Apr-16-17)
- Stryker Hip Implant Lawsuits Head to Boston Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Apr-15-17)
- Invokana Lawsuits Keep Trickling In By Gordon Gibb (Apr-15-17)
- Denied Workers Compensation Claims Always Deserve a Second Opinion By Brenda Craig (Apr-14-17)
- Another New Study Links Hair-Loss Treatment Propecia to Sexual Dysfunction By Deb Hipp (Apr-13-17)
- IVC Filter Manufacturer Sued Over IVC Filter Death By Gordon Gibb (Apr-12-17)
- Defendants on Philadelphia Xarelto Mass Tort Seek Disclosure of Third-Party Funding By Gordon Gibb (Apr-11-17)
- 3M Bair Hugger Blanket Bellwether Cases Chosen for Trial By Lucy Campbell (Apr-11-17)
- Missouri Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Could Go to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Apr-11-17)
- Florida Premises Liability Lawsuit Claims Excessive Traffic in Government Office By Gordon Gibb (Apr-10-17)
- Mounting Essure Lawsuits Amount to Decline in Bayer’s Sales By Jane Mundy (Apr-10-17)
- The Story of Libby Montana and Asbestosis By Brenda Craig (Apr-9-17)
- Makers of Eliquis Ask the Court to Stop Sale of Generic Version By Deb Hipp (Apr-9-17)
- Allegations of Corruption: Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit Plaintiffs By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Defendant in Shingles Vaccine Lawsuit Wants Case Removed to Federal Court By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Latest Risperdal Trial Restarted After Health Emergency Resulted in a Mistrial By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Science Day Scheduled For Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Apr-7-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Recipient has More Pain after Hernia Surgery By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-17)
- The Added Cost of Abilify By Jane Mundy (Apr-5-17)
- Three implants, Two Revisions, One Chance Left By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-17)
- In the Absence of Causal Effect, Viagra and Cialis Melanoma Lawsuits Keep Coming By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-17)
- E-cigarettes Exploding Batteries Behave like Flaming Rockets By Deb Hipp (Apr-3-17)
- Takata Airbag Injury Plaintiff Almost Lost an Ear, Could Have Been Worse By Gordon Gibb (Apr-1-17)
- Latest Study Suggests AndroGel Increases Arterial Plaque in Older Men By Gordon Gibb (Mar-31-17)
- Zip-Line Injuries On the Rise By Lucy Campbell (Mar-29-17)
- California Women Suffers Permanent Hair Loss after Taxotere Chemo – Suit Claims By Brenda Craig (Mar-29-17)
- Retired Frontline Workers Can Make Worker Compensation Claims By Brenda Craig (Mar-28-17)
- New Lawsuit Claims Drug Manufacturers Failed to Warn of Risks of Diabetes Medication By Deb Hipp (Mar-28-17)
- Plaintiff Asserts Eliquis Side Effects Left her with Permanent Injuries By Gordon Gibb (Mar-27-17)
- Woman Claims She Suffered Injuries from Shingles Vaccine By Deb Hipp (Mar-27-17)
- Allegedly Defective IVC Filters Not a New Problem By Gordon Gibb (Mar-25-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Victim Speaks Candidly about Sex Problems By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-17)
- Women Injured During ParaGard Removal May Have Lawsuit Claims By Deb Hipp (Mar-24-17)
- Fender Bender Air Bag Deployment Left Texas Woman with Eye Damage By Brenda Craig (Mar-24-17)
- Court Rules Against Collecting Damages for Pregnancy After Birth Control Procedure By Deb Hipp (Mar-23-17)
- Missouri Jury in Talcum Powder Lawsuit sides with J&J By Jane Mundy (Mar-22-17)
- Pentax targeted by FDA Safety Update in January By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-17)