Legal News Articles - Personal Injury
April 7, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: A shingles vaccine lawsuit that was originally filed in state court in Philadelphia this past February may wind up in federal court if the defendant in the matter, Merck & Co., has its way.Read [ Defendant in Shingles Vaccine Lawsuit Wants Case Removed to Federal Court ]
April 7, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: The seventh Risperdal lawsuit in the mass tort in Philadelphia has heard opening arguments, with attorneys for the plaintiff suggesting that 8-year-old boys should not be growing male breasts. Legal counsel for the defense shot back that plaintiff Dean Hibbs, now 23, was obese to begin with and only took Risperdal for a period of seven months.Read [ Latest Risperdal Trial Restarted After Health Emergency Resulted in a Mistrial ]
April 7, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
New Orleans, LA A multidistrict litigation of hundreds of Taxotere lawsuits alleging that the chemotherapy drug Taxotere causes permanent hair loss continues to move forward in federal court with a "Science Day" scheduled in May.Read [ Science Day Scheduled For Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation ]
April 7, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Brady, TX:”If you ever get a hernia, don’t get the kind of abdominal mesh I have,” says Kade. “It’s hard to wrap my head around the fact that I went to the hospital to get something fixed and came out hurting more.”Read [ Abdominal Mesh Recipient has More Pain after Hernia Surgery ]
April 5, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Miami, FL: While the cost of Abilify– the charge from your pharmacy—is high, for some people who have suffered Abilify side effects, this antipsychotic medication has wiped them out financially and wrecked relationships.Read [ The Added Cost of Abilify ]
April 5, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Canberra, AUSTRALIA: It was 10 years ago, in 2007 that male nurse Stuart Cain from Australia underwent surgery for a hip replacement. According to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (07/11/11), which included Cain in a story the network did on hip replacement implant failure in 2011, Cain was active in rugby and other contact sports, and the activity had taken its toll. At the age of 38, he received what was then an innovation in the artificial hip world: the metal-on-metal hip implant, in Cain’s case the DePuy ASR. DePuy Synthes is the Australian unit of pharmaceutical and medical device giant Johnson & Johnson.Read [ Three implants, Two Revisions, One Chance Left ]
April 5, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Los Angeles, CA: No one disagrees that more research is needed to further quantify, prove or disprove the association, and potential causal relationship between erectile dysfunction drugs such as Viagra and Cialis, and the onset of melanoma, one of the more aggressive cancers out there. However, that hasn’t stopped Cialis risk for melanoma lawsuits, and similar litigation alleging Viagra melanoma.Read [ In the Absence of Causal Effect, Viagra and Cialis Melanoma Lawsuits Keep Coming ]
April 3, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
New Brunswick, NJ: A New Jersey man recently sued a business that sells vaping products after an exploding e-cigarette allegedly shot flames down his pants and left him physically and emotionally scarred from the explosion.Read [ E-cigarettes Exploding Batteries Behave like Flaming Rockets ]
April 1, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Miami, FL: Sara Baker had just picked up her son from the sitter when her compact car was involved in a collision that deployed the Takata-manufactured airbag in Baker’s car. The airbag deployed with such force that shrapnel from the canister flew toward the driver and caused severe lacerations, including grievous airbag injuries to her left ear.Read [ Takata Airbag Injury Plaintiff Almost Lost an Ear, Could Have Been Worse ]
March 31, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: As testosterone side effects lawsuits continue to roll in, a study published last month in JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) appears to confirm long-held assertions that testosterone therapy in otherwise healthy men serves only to increase the risks for heart attack and stroke needlessly.Read [ Latest Study Suggests AndroGel Increases Arterial Plaque in Older Men ]
- Zip-Line Injuries On the Rise By Lucy Campbell (Mar-29-17)
- California Women Suffers Permanent Hair Loss after Taxotere Chemo – Suit Claims By Brenda Craig (Mar-29-17)
- Retired Frontline Workers Can Make Worker Compensation Claims By Brenda Craig (Mar-28-17)
- New Lawsuit Claims Drug Manufacturers Failed to Warn of Risks of Diabetes Medication By Deb Hipp (Mar-28-17)
- Plaintiff Asserts Eliquis Side Effects Left her with Permanent Injuries By Gordon Gibb (Mar-27-17)
- Woman Claims She Suffered Injuries from Shingles Vaccine By Deb Hipp (Mar-27-17)
- Allegedly Defective IVC Filters Not a New Problem By Gordon Gibb (Mar-25-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Victim Speaks Candidly about Sex Problems By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-17)
- Women Injured During ParaGard Removal May Have Lawsuit Claims By Deb Hipp (Mar-24-17)
- Fosamax Femur Fracture Lawsuits Revived By Lucy Campbell (Mar-24-17)
- Fender Bender Air Bag Deployment Left Texas Woman with Eye Damage By Brenda Craig (Mar-24-17)
- Court Rules Against Collecting Damages for Pregnancy After Birth Control Procedure By Deb Hipp (Mar-23-17)
- Missouri Jury in Talcum Powder Lawsuit sides with J&J By Jane Mundy (Mar-22-17)
- Pentax targeted by FDA Safety Update in January By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-17)
- New Law May Allow 9/11 Families to Take Saudi Government Officials to Court By Deb Hipp (Mar-21-17)
- Despite Steep Reduction in Award, Plaintiff’s Defective Hip Implant Verdict Appealed By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-17)
- Recent Risperdal Lawsuit Tossed, Plaintiffs Plan to Appeal By Gordon Gibb (Mar-20-17)
- Brazil Recalls Essure and Note to Bayer: Share the Knowledge By Jane Mundy (Mar-20-17)
- President Trump Revealed as a Propecia Patient, But Not Everyone Follows His Lead By Gordon Gibb (Mar-19-17)
- Texas Woman Suffers Stevens Johnson Syndrome from Bipolar Medication By Gordon Gibb (Mar-19-17)
- Alere Pushes for Dismissal of Home Blood Test Kits Class Action By Deb Hipp (Mar-19-17)
- Partial Victory for Fan in Florida Premises Liability Lawsuit against Daytona Speedway By Gordon Gibb (Mar-18-17)
- Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System Letter: Evidence, Explanation or Apology? By Jane Mundy (Mar-18-17)
- FDA Issues Recall on Medtronic Implantable Pain Pumps By Deb Hipp (Mar-17-17)
- Shingles Vaccine Lawsuits Mounting By Jane Mundy (Mar-16-17)
- Two Recent Surgical Mesh Lawsuits Assert Ethicon Physiomesh is Defective By Gordon Gibb (Mar-15-17)
- IVC Filters “Deadly Missiles” By Jane Mundy (Mar-15-17)
- Federal Judge Extends Deadline to Add Parties to Bravelle Class Action By Deb Hipp (Mar-15-17)
- Zimmer Biomet Shoulder Implant Recall Requires Immediate Attention By Brenda Craig (Mar-14-17)
- Implanon Complaints are Not without Precedent By Gordon Gibb (Mar-14-17)
- Evidence in Asbestosis Claim Failed to Meet California Minimums for Plausibility By Gordon Gibb (Mar-14-17)
- Award for Injured Persons Failed by the Justice System – Maybe THAT’S YOU! By Brenda Craig (Mar-13-17)
- The Watchdog Group that Rang the Bell on Anti-acid Meds By Brenda Craig (Mar-12-17)
- Missouri Jury Finds in Favor of Johnson & Johnson on Talcum Powder Case By Deb Hipp (Mar-10-17)
- Failed INRatio Device Fast-Tracked to Market By Gordon Gibb (Mar-10-17)
- Plaintiffs Allege Exploding Pressure Cooker Injuries from Tristar Product By Gordon Gibb (Mar-8-17)
- Invokana Lawsuits Will Remain in Federal Court In Philadelphia By Gordon Gibb (Mar-8-17)
- Hoping for a Hassle-Free Hip Implant a Roll of the Dice By Gordon Gibb (Mar-7-17)
- Revenues Drop While Lawsuits Rise over Benicar for Daiichi Sankyo By Gordon Gibb (Mar-6-17)
- Fighting Back Against the High Cost of Insulin By Brenda Craig (Mar-5-17)