Legal News Articles - Personal Injury
May 9, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Victorville, CA: If Margaret knew that the FDA in 2014 had warned health providers of cancer risk in laparoscopic power morcellation surgery, she would have opted for a “traditional” hysterectomy. Two years later she finished her last round of chemotherapy to treat ovarian cancer.Read [ Ovarian Cancer Survivor Blames Power Morcellator ]
May 9, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Saxagliptin Heart Failure and Death Lawsuits Filed ]
Santa Clara, CA The diabetes drug saxagliptin is the subject of 14 lawsuits filed this week in New Jersey, alleging it raises the risk of heart failure. Lawyers for the plaintiffs estimate there are between 150 and 200 saxagliptin cases are pending nationwide, and may, ultimately, reach into the thousands. While most of the cases filed to date are brought by plaintiffs who have congestive heart failure or other cardiac symptoms, a handful of cases were brought on behalf of saxagliptin users who died.
May 9, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: Testosterone side effects associated with the usage of testosterone supplements and gels have, up until now, focused on cardiovascular issues. But now there is new research that suggests there is a cognitive price to pay.Read [ Testosterone Gels Get a Failing Grade in More Ways Than One ]
May 8, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Toronto, ON: The president of the Canadian Hernia Society and one of the country’s foremost authorities onRead [ Canada Concerned about Abdominal Hernia Mesh—and the 501k Process ]
May 8, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: As the manufacturers of Monsanto Roundup continue to grapple with Monsanto Roundup lawsuits alleging the active ingredient in the popular herbicide causes cancer, Monsanto has been hit with more litigation over an alleged labelling issue.Read [ Monsanto Hit with Yet Another Lawsuit Over Roundup ]
May 7, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Camden, NJ: This spring has seen some developments in the Benicar side effects multidistrict litigation over gastrointestinal issues and sprue-like enteropathy associated with olmesartan (Benicar), a medication prescribed for high blood pressure. By the middle of March there were some 1,800 Benicar cases housed in the Benicar MDL in New Jersey.Read [ Benicar Illness and Weight Loss Lawsuit Witnesses Must Produce Records ]
May 7, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: A hip replacement implant failure lawsuit filed earlier this year against Howmedica Osteonics Corp. (Howmedica), the parent company of Stryker Corp. (Stryker), highlights the ongoing litigation that is building over allegedly defective hip implants, and implant components. Late last month, proposed claims with regard to a failed bone implant manufactured by Stryker were given the green light in Philadelphia.Read [ Lawsuits Mount for Stryker Over Allegedly Failed Medical Devices ]
May 6, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Denver, CO: Many state legislatures in the US spent the first quarter considering reform proposals that increased coverage for first responders who suffer mental stress injuries, according to Business Insurance.Read [ State Legislatures on Track to Reform Workers' Compensation for First Responders ]
May 5, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: A jury in Missouri has found against Johnson & Johnson (J&J) in the latest ovarian cancer talcum powder lawsuit brought by Lois Slemp of Virginia.Read [ $110M Verdict Against J&J In Talc Cancer Trial ]
May 5, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Minneapolis, MN:American patients prescribed Abilify didn’t learn about the drug’s link to gambling and other compulsive behaviors until four years after European patients were warned.Read [ Why was US Warned about Abilify Gambling Risk Four Years after Europe? ]
- Risperdal Lawsuit Plaintiff Up for a Third Try By Gordon Gibb (May-4-17)
- Health Canada Equally Concerned About IVC Filter Side Effects By Gordon Gibb (May-3-17)
- Stockert 3T Not the Only Heater-Cooler Unit Associated with Infection discovered Years Ago By Jane Mundy (May-2-17)
- INRatio Proposed Class Action Settled Before Alere Lawsuit Could Proceed By Gordon Gibb (May-1-17)
- Airbag in Salvaged Used Car Explodes in Minor Crash By Deb Hipp (May-1-17)
- Claims of Pressure Cooker Explosion Injuries May Prompt Lawsuits By Deb Hipp (May-1-17)
- Round 5: Talcum Powder Plaintiffs versus Johnson & Johnson By Jane Mundy (May-1-17)
- Yet Another Risperdal Lawsuit Tossed in Philadelphia By Gordon Gibb (Apr-30-17)
- Complicated TVM Mesh Lawsuit Settles By Gordon Gibb (Apr-27-17)
- Why Your Cell Phone Matters: 5 Lessons from the United Airlines PR Disaster By Attorney Bill Green, Green Law Firm (Apr-25-17)
- Odd Ruling in Hip Implant Failure Lawsuit? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-23-17)
- Zimmer Biomet Shoulder—Shocking Surprises By Jane Mundy (Apr-22-17)
- Implanon Lawsuits Still in Court One Year After FDA Warning Label Update By Deb Hipp (Apr-21-17)
- Pharmaceuticals Fast-Tracked to Market through Little-Known FDA Protocol By Gordon Gibb (Apr-20-17)
- Recent Study Suggests Endoscope Infection Escapes Even Rigorous Cleaning By Gordon Gibb (Apr-20-17)
- Lead Poisoning Still Happens By Brenda Craig (Apr-19-17)
- Will Federal Deregulation make it Easier for Plaintiffs to Sue over Defective Catheters? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-19-17)
- $55M Personal Injury Verdict Against Honda Stands By Lucy Campbell (Apr-19-17)
- Power Morcellation Suits Wrap Up but Doctors Still Like Procedure By Brenda Craig (Apr-18-17)
- Man Ejected from United Airlines Seat Prepares to Sue By Brenda Craig (Apr-18-17)
- FDA Warns Against Off Label Angioplasty Treatment Known as TVAM By Brenda Craig (Apr-17-17)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome Victim Has Permanent Scarring in her Mouth By Gordon Gibb (Apr-17-17)
- Australian Researchers Urge Sharing Data On Contaminated Medical Devices By Deb Hipp (Apr-17-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Global Roundup: Sensational, Scandal and Settlement By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-17)
- Federal Eliquis Blood Thinner Lawsuits Assigned to New York, State Suits Pending By Gordon Gibb (Apr-17-17)
- Prilosec Kidney Damage Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-17)
- Power Morcellators Fast-Tracked Through FDA 510(k) Clearance By Gordon Gibb (Apr-16-17)
- Stryker Hip Implant Lawsuits Head to Boston Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Apr-15-17)
- Invokana Lawsuits Keep Trickling In By Gordon Gibb (Apr-15-17)
- Denied Workers Compensation Claims Always Deserve a Second Opinion By Brenda Craig (Apr-14-17)
- Another New Study Links Hair-Loss Treatment Propecia to Sexual Dysfunction By Deb Hipp (Apr-13-17)
- IVC Filter Manufacturer Sued Over IVC Filter Death By Gordon Gibb (Apr-12-17)
- Defendants on Philadelphia Xarelto Mass Tort Seek Disclosure of Third-Party Funding By Gordon Gibb (Apr-11-17)
- 3M Bair Hugger Blanket Bellwether Cases Chosen for Trial By Lucy Campbell (Apr-11-17)
- Missouri Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Could Go to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Apr-11-17)
- Florida Premises Liability Lawsuit Claims Excessive Traffic in Government Office By Gordon Gibb (Apr-10-17)
- Mounting Essure Lawsuits Amount to Decline in Bayer’s Sales By Jane Mundy (Apr-10-17)
- The Story of Libby Montana and Asbestosis By Brenda Craig (Apr-9-17)
- Makers of Eliquis Ask the Court to Stop Sale of Generic Version By Deb Hipp (Apr-9-17)
- Allegations of Corruption: Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit Plaintiffs By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)