LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONPersonal Injury
Legal News Articles - Personal Injury
July 1, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Phoenix, AZ: Litigation surrounding the death of an underground pipe worker allegedly exposed to asbestos, demonstrates what often goes on behind the scenes that serves to shift the focus away from the victim, and onto defendants seeking to cover their financial losses. Many an asbestosis lawsuit has alleged failures on the part of employers and those responsible for work sites have resulted in unprotected exposure to asbestos, causing asbestosis disease, mesothelioma and other diseases associated with exposure to the deadly carcinogen.Read [ Legal Wrangling Over Cost of Asbestos Settlement Continues Long After Victim Dies ]
July 1, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Pasadena, CA Two companies involved in the manufacture and distribution of an upscale dog food known as “Cocolicious” are the subject of a class action lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Court. The suit alleges Party Animal Inc. of California and Evanger’s Dog and Cat Food Company of Illinois are responsible for selling cans of Party Animal dog food that, according to a Texas A&M testing of the dog food, contained the animal euthanasia drug pentobarbital.Read [ Party Animal “Cocolicious” Dog Food Subject of Class Action ]
June 29, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Toronto, ON: Colleen Copland feels that she is far too young, at age 34, to be dealing with surgical mesh side effects stemming from an implantation of the now-recalled Ethicon Physiomesh. A routine procedure to repair an abdominal hernia mushroomed into a nightmare for the Canadian woman, who along with one other sufferer interviewed by CTV News (03/28/17) back in the spring have joined a class action surgical mesh lawsuit in Canada.Read [ Canadians Miffed at Failed Physiomesh Approved Under FDA 510(k) Clearance ]
June 28, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Seattle, WA: When Sharon had a Hip replacement she expected, and was told, it would improve her quality of life, her overall well-being. Instead, her health has deteriorated and she is totally disabled. And her third hip revision surgery is scheduled for next month.Read [ Hip Replacement Patient says Better Off Without ]
June 27, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Miami, FL: A Miami woman allegedly suffered burns to part of her body when a pressure cooker exploded while she was cooking, according to WPLG-10 news.Read [ Woman Burned When Pressure Cooker Explodes ]
June 27, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Trenton, NJ: A New Jersey man has filed a federal lawsuit against drug manufacturers Bristol-Myers Squibb and Astrazeneca Pharmaceuticals, claiming he suffered injuries after taking the diabetes drug Saxagliptin, sold under the brand names Onglyza and Kombiglyze XR.Read [ New Jersey Man Claims Diabetes Medicine Caused His Heart Disease ]
June 27, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Not only is the failure rate of Zimmer Biomet shoulder surgery abnormally high, a new study shows that some patients undergoing shoulder replacement surgery have an increased risk of complications, including the need for revision surgery—which comes with its own set of risks.Read [ Zimmer Biomet Shoulder Failure: Consider Rehabilitation over Revision Surgery ]
June 26, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Jacksonville, FL: While Florida premises liability runs the gamut from dog bites to slips and falls, proprietors of hot food and beverages are required to observe caution in order to avoid spills of hot liquid that could injure either an employee, or a customer. To that end, a Starbucks located in the Sunshine State has been hit with a $100,000 judgement over a hot-liquid spill that resulted in a consumer suffering a burn injury.Read [ Florida Premises Liability Lawsuit Results in Jury Award for Burn Victim ]
June 25, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: The Risperdal lawsuit count now stands at a number above 18,000. To that end a staggering number of cases name pharmaceutical giants Johnson & Johnson (J&J) and subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceuticals as defendants. Most allege Risperdal gynecomastia, a Risperdal side effect characterized as the growth of male breast tissue. However one Risperdal lawsuit was recently filed in Missouri alleging that Risperdal had been prescribed to children as young as two years of age.Read [ Risperdal Lawsuit Hit 18,000 and Climbing, Status Update Due in July ]
June 24, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Philadelphia, PA Final results from two independent clinical trials indicate the amputation risk for users of the Type 2 Diabetes drug Canagliflozin, marketed as Invokana, Invokamet, Invokamet XR, are much greater than previously understood.Read [ FDA Black Box Warning Adds Fuel to Invokana Lawsuits ]
- Airbag Injury to Young Teen Caused by Reused defective Airbag By Gordon Gibb (Jun-23-17)
- FDA Dresses Down St. Jude Medical over Faulty Lithium Defibrillator Batteries By Gordon Gibb (Jun-22-17)
- Are Recalled Duodenoscopes Any Safer? By Gordon Gibb (Jun-21-17)
- Recalled Catheters All Approved Through FDA 510(k) Clearance Protocol By Gordon Gibb (Jun-20-17)
- Talcum Powder Cancer Trial Not Boding Well for Johnson & Johnson By Jane Mundy (Jun-20-17)
- Trio of Eliquis Blood Thinner Lawsuits Allege Defective Product By Gordon Gibb (Jun-19-17)
- Permanent Taxotere Hair Loss for Cancer Patients a Particularly Cruel Fate By Gordon Gibb (Jun-19-17)
- Olympus Settles Four Power Morcellator Lawsuits By Deb Hipp (Jun-18-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Complaints Rise in Canada, MDL Established in the US By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-17)
- One Defendant Dismissed from Benicar Lawsuit, Daiichi Sankyo Remains By Gordon Gibb (Jun-16-17)
- School District Attempts to Dismiss Lead Poisoning in Drinking Water Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jun-15-17)
- Essure Banned in Another Country, Essure Victim in US wants it Banned Worldwide By Jane Mundy (Jun-15-17)
- Woman Awarded $2.1M in Fourth Pelvic Mesh Trial By Lucy Campbell (Jun-15-17)
- Seeking Help Difficult for Bipolar Man with Risperdal “Man Boobs” By Jane Mundy (Jun-14-17)
- Johnson & Johnson Asks For New Trial in $151 Million Hip Lawsuit Judgment By Deb Hipp (Jun-14-17)
- Invokana Adverse Events Subject to Much Scrutiny By Gordon Gibb (Jun-13-17)
- Hawaii Sues Three Automakers Over Defective Takata Airbags By Deb Hipp (Jun-13-17)
- Forecasting the Xarelto Bellwether Trials By Gordon Gibb (Jun-12-17)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Lawsuit Plaintiffs Try Again For Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Jun-10-17)
- Ohio Says Opioid Epidemic Generated by Drug Companies By Brenda Craig (Jun-10-17)
- Baldness Treatment Drugs May Raise Risk of Depression But Not Risk of Suicide in Older Men By Deb Hipp (Jun-8-17)
- Plaintiffs in Monsanto Roundup Litigation Seek Studies on Mice By Gordon Gibb (Jun-7-17)
- The Best Strategy for Dealing with Proof of Disability Letters By Brenda Craig (Jun-7-17)
- Botched Circumcision Case in Discovery By Brenda Craig (Jun-7-17)
- State-Based Stryker Hip Implant Failure Lawsuits Consolidated in New Jersey By Gordon Gibb (Jun-6-17)
- Merger Deal between Device Manufacturers Reveals Device Shortcomings By Gordon Gibb (Jun-6-17)
- More Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Lawsuits Transferred to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Jun-5-17)
- Is the FDA Doing Enough to Prevent Stockert 3T Heater-Cooling Device Infection? By Jane Mundy (Jun-5-17)
- Heartbreaking Stories Abound Surrounding Surgical Mesh By Gordon Gibb (Jun-4-17)
- Number of Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation Cases Surpass 1,100 By Deb Hipp (Jun-3-17)
- C.R. Bard Shares IVC Filter Lawsuit Update with SEC By Gordon Gibb (Jun-2-17)
- MDL Plaintiffs Increasing in Alleged Viagra Melanoma Connection Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Jun-1-17)
- The Growing Concern over Recalled Airbags in Used Car Repairs By Gordon Gibb (Jun-1-17)
- Canadian Abilify Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Jun-1-17)
- Defective Hip Implant Makers Busy with Recalls, Lawsuits and Settlements By Jane Mundy (May-31-17)
- Family of Shooting Victim Files First Responder Injury Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (May-30-17)
- Deadly Drugs and Devices Report by AAJ is a Must Read for Women By Brenda Craig (May-28-17)
- Claims against Xarelto Due to Be Tested in Court Again By Brenda Craig (May-28-17)
- Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Nets $2.16 Million for Pen Argyl Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (May-28-17)
- Zimmer-Biomet Shoulder: Buyer (Patient and Surgeon) Beware By Jane Mundy (May-25-17)