Legal News Articles - Personal Injury
June 10, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Columbus, OH Fed up with a deadly and costly drug addiction epidemic Ohio has become the second state after Mississippi to launch a lawsuit against five major pharmaceutical companies that manufacture and market prescription opioids such as OxyContin, Percocet and Vicodin.Read [ Ohio Says Opioid Epidemic Generated by Drug Companies ]
June 8, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Atlanta, GA: Drugs such as Propecia and Proscar, which are used to treat male pattern baldness and enlarged prostate, may raise the risk of depression and self-harm in older men but not increase their risk of suicide, a new study found.Read [ Baldness Treatment Drugs May Raise Risk of Depression But Not Risk of Suicide in Older Men ]
June 7, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
San Francisco, CA: Plaintiffs in Monsanto Roundup lawsuits consolidated in Northern California are looking to get their hands on tissue specimens from the 1980s in an effort to further support their claim that the primary ingredient in the popular herbicide used the world over, is capable of causing cancer in humans.Read [ Plaintiffs in Monsanto Roundup Litigation Seek Studies on Mice ]
June 7, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Minneapolis, MN Individuals dealing with social security, workers compensation benefits, or short or long term disability claims are often faced with a flurry of forms. Answering an insurance company’s request for information in what is usually referred to as a Proof of Disability letter can be terrifying.Read [ The Best Strategy for Dealing with Proof of Disability Letters ]
June 7, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Clayton County, GA The efforts of veteran attorney Jonathan Johnson are, at the moment, heavily focused on a medical malpractice case that will have long lasting consequences for a three-year-old boy who will be growing up with a mutilated penis after a circumcision went very wrong.Read [ Botched Circumcision Case in Discovery ]
June 6, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Hackensack, NJ: The calendar ticking over to a new month coincided with the release of a decision by the New Jersey Supreme Court approving the consolidation of all pending and future state-based hip replacement implant failure lawsuits against Howmedica Osteonics Corp. within multicounty legislation. Howmedica is a subsidiary of Stryker Corp., and the products involved are described as LFIT Anatomic Cobalt Chromium V40 femoral heads.Read [ State-Based Stryker Hip Implant Failure Lawsuits Consolidated in New Jersey ]
June 6, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Waltham, MA: A merger originally gone bad between two medical device manufacturers, since rescued, sheds some light into previous problems Alere Inc. has had with its measuring devices and, specifically the INRatio blood monitoring system. Various plaintiffs embroiled in an INRatio lawsuit allege the expensive monitoring device was inaccurate, flawed and not safe for all patients.Read [ Merger Deal between Device Manufacturers Reveals Device Shortcomings ]
June 5, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Washington, DC:Four federal talcum powder cancer lawsuits from two states claiming that Johnson & Johnson's talcum products caused ovarian cancer have been transferred to a multidistrict litigation in New Jersey.Read [ More Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Lawsuits Transferred to New Jersey MDL ]
June 5, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: The FDA warns that M. chimaera infection may take months or even years to develop. Ironically, after sitting on reports of infection associated with the Stockert 3T heater-cooler system and similar systems during open chest surgeries, it takes the agency months or years to warn the public.Read [ Is the FDA Doing Enough to Prevent Stockert 3T Heater-Cooling Device Infection? ]
June 4, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Sydney, Australia: Transvaginal mesh side effects have been getting a lot of ink in Australia of late, both for transvaginal mesh (TVM) itself and for abdominal surgical mesh used for hernia repairs, but with side effects not dissimilar to TVM mesh.Read [ Heartbreaking Stories Abound Surrounding Surgical Mesh ]
- Number of Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation Cases Surpass 1,100 By Deb Hipp (Jun-3-17)
- C.R. Bard Shares IVC Filter Lawsuit Update with SEC By Gordon Gibb (Jun-2-17)
- MDL Plaintiffs Increasing in Alleged Viagra Melanoma Connection Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Jun-1-17)
- The Growing Concern over Recalled Airbags in Used Car Repairs By Gordon Gibb (Jun-1-17)
- Canadian Abilify Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Jun-1-17)
- Defective Hip Implant Makers Busy with Recalls, Lawsuits and Settlements By Jane Mundy (May-31-17)
- Family of Shooting Victim Files First Responder Injury Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (May-30-17)
- Deadly Drugs and Devices Report by AAJ is a Must Read for Women By Brenda Craig (May-28-17)
- Claims against Xarelto Due to Be Tested in Court Again By Brenda Craig (May-28-17)
- Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Nets $2.16 Million for Pen Argyl Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (May-28-17)
- Zimmer-Biomet Shoulder: Buyer (Patient and Surgeon) Beware By Jane Mundy (May-25-17)
- Woman Claims She Suffered Kidney Injuries from Taking Acid Reflux Medications By Deb Hipp (May-24-17)
- Generic Docetaxel Inclusion in Taxotere MDL Significant Departure By Brenda Craig (May-24-17)
- Talcum Powder Timeframe: From Scientific Studies to Safety Concerns to Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (May-23-17)
- Risperdal Victims Candid Photographs Speak Volumes By Jane Mundy (May-23-17)
- South Carolina Stockert 3T Lawsuits Won't Head to MDL By Deb Hipp (May-22-17)
- Ongoing Efforts to Improve Endoscope Disinfection May not be Enough By Gordon Gibb (May-21-17)
- Judge Awards $2 Million Verdict in Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit By Deb Hipp (May-21-17)
- Catheter Injury Lawsuits following Catheter Recalls By Jane Mundy (May-20-17)
- Payments Flowing to State Sponsored Terrorism Victims, but Lawsuits Continue By Gordon Gibb (May-20-17)
- Angioplasty TVAM, Doctors and the FDA By Jane Mundy (May-19-17)
- Class Action Lawsuit Over Lead in School Drinking Water By Gordon Gibb (May-19-17)
- $553M in Settlements Reached with Toyota, Subaru, Mazda and BMW in Takata Airbag MDL By Lucy Campbell (May-18-17)
- Attorney Max Kennerly Takes Sides against Essure By Brenda Craig (May-18-17)
- Invokana to Get Black-Box Warning over Amputation Risk By Gordon Gibb (May-18-17)
- Eliquis Lawsuit Reveals Manufacturers Face Restrictions on Label Changes By Gordon Gibb (May-17-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Tossed on Appeal By Gordon Gibb (May-15-17)
- Taxotere Hair Loss Patients Speak Out Over the Fallout By Gordon Gibb (May-15-17)
- $20M Verdict Awarded in Third Ethicon TVT Mesh Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (May-15-17)
- Additional Plaintiffs Join Bravelle Class Action By Deb Hipp (May-15-17)
- Victim with Broken Wrist Blames Airbag and Hand Grip By Jane Mundy (May-14-17)
- Woman's Skin Melts Off From Stevens-Johnson Syndrome By Deb Hipp (May-13-17)
- $4 Million Mesothelioma Plaintiff Verdict Upheld on Appeal By Gordon Gibb (May-13-17)
- Supreme Court Won't Review GM's Appeal For Protection Against Ignition Switch Lawsuits By Deb Hipp (May-12-17)
- Airbag Injuries and Defective Airbags Getting More Complicated By Gordon Gibb (May-12-17)
- First Xarelto Bellwether Trial Goes to the Defense By Gordon Gibb (May-12-17)
- Propecia Finasteride Side Effects Can be Hair Raising By Gordon Gibb (May-11-17)
- $110 Million Talc Verdict Comes Down in Favor of Plaintiff By Brenda Craig (May-10-17)
- Recalled Airbags Being Recycled in Crash-Affected Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (May-10-17)
- Ovarian Cancer Survivor Blames Power Morcellator By Jane Mundy (May-9-17)