Legal News Articles - Personal Injury
March 24, 2008. By Ginger Gillenwater.
Los Angeles, CA: Three men have sued Kid Rock for battery after he allegedly lashed out at them physically when they asked him for his autograph. All three plaintiffs say that they were seriously injured in the incident.Read [ Kid Rock Faces Battery Lawsuit ]
March 22, 2008.
Read [ No Signal Protection for Railroad Workers Cause for Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority Accident ]
Washington, D.C. A conclusion has been reached by the National Transportation Safety Board in relation to the train accident that included a Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) train with a maintenance vehicle. The train accident involving the injury to railroad workers occurred in Woburn, MA on January 9, 2007.
March 19, 2008. By Delsia Hartford.
Providence, RI: A one-time employee of Amtrak who was working there in the capacity of a contractor, was killed, while two other railroad workers sustained injuries. Sixty-five year old Gary Graves lost his life on March 13th 2008 while completing some track work on a contracted basis for Amtrak.Read [ Providence, RI Railroad Worker Loses Life by Amtrak Train ]
March 19, 2008. By By Delsia Hartford.
Darlington, SC: The family of Mary Terry has filed a wrongful death lawsuit after she died of extreme malnutrition and neglect in the month of February 2008. The two members of her family that have jointly filed the wrongful death lawsuit are Andrew Gurley and Clarence Sims. Mary Terry was placed in the care of two other family members. Terry's son Timothy Sims and her nephew Less Williams were put in place as her caregivers.Read [ Family Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit ]
March 19, 2008. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Mechanic's Diagnosis: Mesothelioma ]
Clanton, AL "My daddy was a mechanic for more than 50 years right here in Clanton," says Reginia Minor. "He owned Brand's Garage and drove a truck for as long as I can remember. But in May, 2000 he developed what we thought was lung cancer; he was scheduled for chemotherapy but he didn't make it: the doctor confirmed that it was mesothelioma."
March 18, 2008. By Anita Black.
Read [ Man Survives Plane Crash, Fights Insurer in Court ]
Nipawin, SK Returning home from a teachers' conference should have been the easiest part of Gint's trip but the erratic behavior of the pilot lead to an airplane crash. For Gint, the crash was followed by a year long nightmare as he continues to fight with the insurance company.
March 17, 2008. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Asbestos Mesothelioma: Some Interesting Questions ]
Bethesda, MD The worst thing about asbestos mesothelioma, a relatively rare but evil cancer that affects 2000 Americans every year, is that you did little if anything to bring it on. With asbestos mesothelioma, you could have acquired your death sentence simply by getting up in the morning and going to work. And worse, that may have been 30, 40, even 50 years ago.
March 16, 2008. By Anita Black.
Read [ One Person Killed in Small Plane Crash ]
Gun Barrel City, TX A plane crashed into an empty field behind an elementary school at dinner time on Saturday, March 8, 2008, killing the pilot and injuring the sole passenger. This tragedy could have been much greater, given the number of people in a nearby field, enjoying their Saturday leisure activities.
March 15, 2008. By Ginger Gillenwater.
New York, NY: The relatives of missionaries killed in Columbia filed a lawsuit against Chiquita Brands International Inc., alleging that the company contributed to their deaths by financing FARC, a leftist rebel group. This lawsuit is one of the latest challenges faced by the company due to its operations in Columbia.Read [ Lawsuit Alleges Chiquita contributed to Deaths ]
March 14, 2008. By Anita Black.
Read [ Plane Crashes: How Serious are Missed Inspections? ]
Dallas, TX On March 12, 2008, 43 planes in the Southwest Airlines fleet were grounded as the company had failed to perform required inspections of those planes for cracks. The number of planes affected is less than one-tenth of its fleet. So how much danger were passengers in? Was there a real risk of an airplane crash?
- $20 million awarded to Family of Mesothelioma Victim By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-14-08)
- Unusually High Rate of Small Aircraft Crashes in Southern California By Julia Browne (Mar-13-08)
- Asbestos Exposure: Asbestosis can lead to Mesothelioma By Jane Mundy (Mar-13-08)
- Wind Shear Detection Improving but not Foolproof By Julia Browne (Mar-12-08)
- Compactor Explodes at Landfill, City Worker Sues By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-12-08)
- Psychologist Sued by Family for Daughter's Death By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-11-08)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma: Five Members of One Family Dead By Gordon Gibb (Mar-10-08)
- Crash Victim's Relative Files Suit Against Aviation Firm By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-10-08)
- Burn Injury Victim gets the Third Degree By Jane Mundy (Mar-9-08)
- Family Files Lawsuit in Inmate's Death By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-6-08)
- Inadvertently Exposed to Asbestos By Jane Mundy (Mar-6-08)
- Blossom South Nursing Home Sued By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-3-08)
- Think You Know Everything About Truck Accidents? Some Surprising Statistics By Heidi Turner (Mar-3-08)
- Over $26,000 in Damages Awarded in Wrongful Death Suit By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-2-08)
- Nevada Clinic Re-used Syringes—40,000 Potentially Exposed By Gordon Gibb (Mar-2-08)
- Is it Safer in the Air or on the Runway? By Julia Browne (Feb-27-08)
- Wrongful Death Covers Many Situations By Heidi Turner (Feb-26-08)
- Baby Suffers Chemical Burn Injury By Jane Mundy (Feb-26-08)
- Mesothelioma Medically Devastates Many Over Multiple Years By Delsia Hartford (Feb-21-08)
- Asbestos Exposure could have Asthma Symptoms By Jane Mundy (Feb-20-08)
- Families of 9 Skydivers Killed in Washington Plane Crash Sue By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-19-08)
- Trial Over John Ritter's Death Begins By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-17-08)
- Wrongful Death Knows No Bounds By Gordon Gibb (Feb-17-08)
- Style is not the Only Risk with Aged Flooring (Feb-12-08)
- Asbestos in Iowa: Was the Equitable Building a Health Hazard? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-11-08)
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: Recovery Course And Damages (Feb-11-08)
- Burn injury: There are many Dangers out There... By Gordon Gibb (Feb-11-08)
- Orange County Pays Father of Slain Inmate $600,000 By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-10-08)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma Victims Awarded Millions By Jaime Jofre (Feb-4-08)
- Small Plane Crash Kills Six in North Carolina By Anita Black (Feb-4-08)
- Update: Newborn Burned in Hospital Warmer Remains in Critical Condition By Jaime Jofre (Jan-30-08)
- Burn Injury: Hospital Fires a Hot Topic By Gordon Gibb (Jan-29-08)
- California Injury: Negligence Comes in Various Forms By Gordon Gibb (Jan-28-08)
- Newborn in a Coma after Being Burned in Hospital Incubator By Jaime Jofre (Jan-26-08)
- Just what Caused the Air Canada AC190 Emergency Landing? By Anita Black (Jan-23-08)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (Jan-22-08)
- California Mid-Air Collision: Could the Accident Have Been Prevented? By Gordon Gibb (Jan-22-08)
- When Planes Fall from the Sky By Gordon Gibb (Jan-21-08)
- California Slip and Fall: The Tragedy of Negligence By Gordon Gibb (Jan-19-08)
- British Airways Plane Crash Lands at Heathrow By Anita Black (Jan-17-08)