Legal News Articles - Personal Injury
November 21, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Fresno, CA: The manufacturer of Monsanto Roundup is not taking any assertion, accurate or otherwise that Roundup causes cancer, lying down. To that end, Monsanto Co. has joined forces with other agricultural industry groups in a lawsuit aimed squarely at the State of California and the identification by the California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) that a key ingredient in Roundup is known to cause cancer.Read [ Monsanto Still Fighting California’s Carcinogen Listing for Glyphosate in Roundup ]
November 21, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: Much has been written about Propecia finasteride and oft-alleged associations with Propecia impotence. Many a Propecia lawsuit has alleged such Propecia side effects, even after finasteride users have stopped using the medication.Read [ Men Allege Propecia Sexual Dysfunction, but what About Women and Propecia Side Effects? ]
November 21, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA: It’s pretty much a straightforward decision for most of the 700,000 people in the U.S. who experience knee pain yearly: have a knee replacement or live the rest of your life in pain. But for some people implanted with a defective knee such as the DePuy Synthes Attune device, they made the wrong decision and the consequences have been brutal. As a result, they are filing knee replacement lawsuits against DePuy, alleging premature failure of the Attune device.Read [ DePuy Attune Knee Replacement Can Result in Physical, Emotional and Financial Pain ]
November 20, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Trenton, NJ: The FDA warns of fracture risk with Invokana and Invokamet and more recently of a higher risk for foot and leg amputation. The lawsuit chickens have now come home to roost.Read [ Invokana Lawsuits Consolidated into MDL in New Jersey ]
November 20, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: A recent presentation at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology identified various factors that might predict the capacity for a patient suffering from rheumatoid arthritis (RA) to have success in tapering dosage of biologic medication such as Actemra (tocilizumab). The presentation was based on a study conducted by Dr. Takaaki Komiya and colleagues from Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine. However, according to WebMD (11/06/17), there was no mention of Actemra linked to heart attacks and deaths.Read [ Actemra Linked to Heart Attacks and Deaths, But Label Remains Unchanged ]
November 19, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Long Beach, CA: A California woman, known as ‘Jane Doe’ has filed a lawsuit against Uber Technologies Inc., the well-known ride share program, alleging the company practices negligent hiring practices that caused her to be the victim of rape by an Uber driver with a history of violent crimes.Read [ Uber Driver Rape Victim’s Lawsuit Demands Overhaul of Uber Safety Measures ]
November 18, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Santa Cruz, CA: Prospective plaintiffs who did not make it into the $300 million Benicar settlement and concerned about the capacity for filing a Benicar lawsuit going forward will be cheered by the latest petition to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) by the consumer advocacy group Public Citizen.Read [ Respected Consumer Advocate Public Citizen wants Benicar Banned ]
November 18, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Manhattan, NY: A new study that appears to deflect some heat away from Eliquis bleeding risks, combines with a previous court decision by a federal judge back in May to intensify the challenge involved in bringing a successful Eliquis lawsuit.Read [ Is it Getting Just a Bit Harder to Bring an Eliquis Lawsuit? ]
November 17, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: The first trial in the large Xarelto mass tort in Philadelphia is underway, with damning testimony already on the record from a former commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). While three bellwether lawsuits have already been tried in multidistrict litigation in Louisiana, the Xarelto lawsuit brought by plaintiff Lynn Hartman is the first of some 1,500 cases housed in the Philadelphia mass tort to face a jury.Read [ Trial for First Philadelphia Mass Tort Xarelto Lawsuit Finally Underway ]
November 17, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Atlanta, GA: A Georgia widow has filed a Medical Malpractice lawsuit against an Atlanta hospital group. She is charging that negligent care caused her husband to endure fourth-degree bedsores during his stay at the facility and resulted in unnecessary suffering that ultimately lead to his death.Read [ Georgia Widow Sues Hospital for Bedsores ]
- Medtronic SynchroMed Plaintiff Loses Case, But Will He Appeal? By Gordon Gibb (Nov-17-17)
- $247M Verdict for Plaintiffs In DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement Trial By Lucy Campbell (Nov-16-17)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Alleges Defective Product By Gordon Gibb (Nov-16-17)
- The Opioid Crisis—Who is Responsible? By Jane Mundy (Nov-14-17)
- Taxotere Hair Loss Does Additional Harm to Breast Cancer Survivors By Anne Wallace (Nov-12-17)
- Talcum Powder Judgements for Plaintiffs Reversed, Casting Similar Cases into Doubt By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-17)
- First Responder Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Texas Seeks $1 Million By Gordon Gibb (Nov-11-17)
- Did FDA Fast-Track Contribute to IVC Filter Injuries? By Anne Wallace (Nov-10-17)
- The Fix is In for St. Jude Defective Batteries, But Is it Enough? By Gordon Gibb (Nov-9-17)
- Lawsuit Alleges Hormone Coated Mirena IUD Can Lead to Blindness By Brenda Craig (Nov-9-17)
- Bayer Reports Spike in Essure Lawsuits and Congress Questions FDA By Jane Mundy (Nov-8-17)
- Time Runs Short for Actemra Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Nov-7-17)
- First Xarelto Trial Stalled Over Allegations of Witness Tampering By Lucy Campbell (Nov-6-17)
- Mirena IUD Lawsuit Alleges Grievous Mirena IUD Side Effects By Gordon Gibb (Nov-5-17)
- Onglyza Lawsuits Seek MDL Status in California By Anne Wallace (Nov-4-17)
- Texas Plaintiff Joins Flood of Lawsuits Citing Ethicon Physiomesh Problems By Gordon Gibb (Nov-4-17)
- Unnecessary and Defective Catheter? By Jane Mundy (Nov-4-17)
- Left Behind in Benicar Lawsuit Settlement By Anne Wallace (Nov-1-17)
- Heart Patient Fears for Her Life Living with Recalled St. Jude Pacemaker By Jane Mundy (Nov-1-17)
- Court Documents Reveals J&J Transvaginal Mesh Marketed Ahead of Competitors “Priceless”, Causing Outrage Overseas By Jane Mundy (Oct-31-17)
- Attorneys Investigating Actemra Complaints and its Approval Process By Jane Mundy (Oct-31-17)
- Mesothelioma Victims and Their Families Win Lawsuits against Insulation Supplier By Brenda Craig (Oct-31-17)
- Six Sue Tristar for Exploding Pressure Cooker Injuries By Anne Wallace (Oct-29-17)
- Rumors of Doom for Talcum Powder Lawsuits Greatly Exaggerated By Anne Wallace (Oct-29-17)
- Asbestos and Environmental Law By Gordon Gibb (Oct-28-17)
- You Can Easily Trace a Car’s History, but Not Necessarily Their Parts By Gordon Gibb (Oct-27-17)
- Stockert 3T Bacterial Infection Can Linger By Jane Mundy (Oct-27-17)
- Gynecomastia Risperdal Plaintiff Wins First Lawsuit Outside Philadelphia Court By Jane Mundy (Oct-27-17)
- Hip Replacement led to Sleep Deprivation and Oxycodone By Jane Mundy (Oct-26-17)
- What is Next for Burn Pit Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Oct-26-17)
- Between Slips, Falls and Dog Bites, Consumers Need to be Wary By Gordon Gibb (Oct-24-17)
- Monsanto Moves for Summary Judgement While EU Looks to Ban Glyphosate By Gordon Gibb (Oct-23-17)
- $417 Jury Verdict Tossed in California J&J Ovarian Cancer Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (Oct-23-17)
- Will Duodenoscope Redesign Prove Sufficient to Stem Endoscope Infection? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-22-17)
- Criticism for Both St. Jude Medical and FDA over Defective St. Jude ICD Batteries By Gordon Gibb (Oct-20-17)
- Second Recall for Mitsubishi Airbags By Anne Wallace (Oct-20-17)
- Two Georgia Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Question Medical Judgement By Jane Mundy (Oct-19-17)
- Research Both Kind, and Unkind to Propecia By Gordon Gibb (Oct-19-17)
- Cook Celect IVC Filters Approved Through FDA Fast Track Approval Process By Gordon Gibb (Oct-18-17)
- $72M J&J Talc Cancer Verdict Reversed By Lucy Campbell (Oct-18-17)