Legal News Articles - Personal Injury
February 10, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
New Orleans, LA: It’s little wonder that Hip Replacement Implant Failure litigation, as is apparent with a majority of cases, takes so long to resolve given the right and freedom for both plaintiff and defendant to appeal a ruling either party feels is unjust. To this end, recent bellwether lawsuits involving settlements against DePuy and Johnson & Johnson continue to languish as unresolved, and remain tied up in various appeals.Read [ Appeals: I’ve had a Few, but then Too Few to Mention? ]
February 10, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Toronto, ON: A recent Canadian study found that nearly 12 percent of Ontario youth diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are prescribed antipsychotic drugs such as Risperdal (Risperidone), Zyprexa and Seroquel despite having no other mental health diagnoses.Read [ Canadian Study Finds 12 Percent of ADHD Youth Prescribed Antipsychotic Drugs Such as Risperdal ]
February 9, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Philadelphia, PA The letters sent to recovering cardiac surgery patients was alarming to say the least. A medical device used during their recent heart operation, known as the Stockert 3T, might have infected them with a deadly bacteria that can lay dormant for months or years and then suddenly start to make them very sick.Read [ Surgery Patients Demand Monitoring for Potentially Deadly Infection in Class Action ]
February 9, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Washington, DC: According to findings from a just-released investigative report, during the past 20 years the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved 25 surgical devices such as power morcellators, that have the potential to spread undiagnosed cervical cancer in women.Read [ Damning Report on FDA Approval of Power Morcellators Released ]
February 9, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Kansas City, MO: Fourteen people from 12 states have filed a talcum powder cancer lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies and three other companies on behalf of themselves or their deceased relatives alleging that Johnson & Johnson talcum powder products caused ovarian cancer.Read [ New Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Against Johnson & Johnson Filed By Multiple Plaintiffs ]
February 8, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Minneapolis, MN: It’s little wonder the Bair Hugger lawsuit ledger continues to grow and swell, given the number of patients for whom the forced-air warming system has been utilized over the past 25 years: some 200 million procedures have used the system, originally designed and deployed to keep the patient warm and prevent hypothermia, amongst other advantages. However, Bair Hugger deep joint infection has become a serious issue for an increasing number of patients, many of whom have filed a warming blanket lawsuit.Read [ Federal Bair Hugger Lawsuits Climbing, Now Number 1105 in MDL ]
February 8, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Silver Spring, MD: When it comes to defective catheters causing injury, Bard Peripheral Vascular's recall of its Halo One Thin-Walled Guiding Sheath is the latest in a long line of catheter recalls that include the Boston Scientific Corp. Fetch 2 Aspiration Catheter and Cook Medical's Shuttle Select Slip-Catheter and Beacon catheters.Read [ Latest Defective Catheter Takes Its Place in Long Line of FDA Recalls ]
February 8, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Trenton, NJ: It was about a year ago that the European Medicines Agency (EMA) raised the alarm over kidney problems associated with diabetes medication Invokana and other drugs in the SGLT2 class. This followed a warning the previous year from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices, which reported in 2015 its identification of some 457 serious adverse events involving kidney failure or impairment. Dehydration and fluid imbalances, kidney stones, urinary tract infections and abnormal weight loss were also identified. That led to various headlines suggesting Invokana Linked with Cardiovascular Injuries and Kidney Failure.Read [ Invokana Still Invoking Concerns ]
February 7, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Los Angeles, CA The Alere INRatio home monitoring system offered warfarin (Coumadin) users a convenient way to test their blood clotting rate without having to go the doctor’s office or a laboratory. Instead, they got an expensive, unreliable and potentially dangerous product.Read [ INRatio Class Action Headed for Trial ]
February 7, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Camden, NJ: A Benicar side effects lawsuit has suffered a setback after a federal judge in New Jersey found issues with various aspects of the medical malpractice lawsuit, thereby refusing to send the lawsuit back to state court in Texas, where the action was originally filed. US District Judge Robert B. Kugler is overseeing Benicar Lawsuits in multidistrict litigation housed at US District Court for the District of New Jersey.Read [ Benicar Side Effects Lawsuit Blocked from Remand to State Court ]
- Do Medication Guides for PPI Kidney Disease and Prevacid Lack Consistency? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-6-17)
- Hernia Mesh Implants: Risks Outweigh Benefits By Jane Mundy (Feb-5-17)
- Smith & Nephew Hip Implant Lawsuits Headed to Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Feb-4-17)
- Monsanto Loses Labelling Battle in California – Tentatively By Brenda Craig (Feb-3-17)
- Xarelto Bellwether Pushed Back by NBA All-Star Game By Gordon Gibb (Feb-3-17)
- Abilify Addiction: Age no Barrier By Jane Mundy (Feb-3-17)
- J&J Talcum Powder Lawsuit Claims Ovarian Cancer Risk Was Known By Lucy Campbell (Feb-3-17)
- NY Judge Won't Reassign Unum Disability Lawsuit Over Question of Impropriety By Deb Hipp (Feb-2-17)
- Despite $1B Penalty by the Feds, It’s Not Over Yet for Takata: Airbag Injuries By Gordon Gibb (Feb-1-17)
- New Study Suggests IVC Filters are Overused By Heidi Turner (Jan-30-17)
- Something Fishy Allegedly Going on with Atrium C-QUR Mesh By Gordon Gibb (Jan-28-17)
- Problems with Implantable Birth Control Removal Known Since 1994 By Gordon Gibb (Jan-27-17)
- $25M Accutane Settlement Reinstated By Lucy Campbell (Jan-26-17)
- A Tale of Two Billion-Dollar Settlements By Gordon Gibb (Jan-25-17)
- Testosterone Defendant Attempts to Limit Scope of Expert Witness By Gordon Gibb (Jan-24-17)
- Johnson & Johnson Loses Bid to Delay Talcum Powder Cancer Trials By Heidi Turner (Jan-23-17)
- The IVC Filter: Longer is not Always Better By Gordon Gibb (Jan-23-17)
- Taxotere Docetaxel Side Effects Not Limited to Permanent Hair Loss By Gordon Gibb (Jan-22-17)
- Adverse Events for Patients Using Alere INRatio System By Heidi Turner (Jan-21-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Litigation: Positive Start to 2017 By Jane Mundy (Jan-21-17)
- Johnson & Johnson Faces Another Hip Replacement Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Jan-20-17)
- More Talc Litigation Coming in 2017 By Brenda Craig (Jan-19-17)
- In the Midst of Concern Over Endoscope Infection, a New Threat Looms By Gordon Gibb (Jan-19-17)
- Power Morcellator Patient Advocate Dies By Heidi Turner (Jan-19-17)
- Inside the $13 Million Pelvic Mesh Award: A Defendant Without Empathy By Gordon Gibb (Jan-18-17)
- Catheter Recalls Number into the Millions. Will Lawsuits Follow? By Gordon Gibb (Jan-17-17)
- A Renewed Shot at Justice for Bravelle Infertility Plaintiffs By Gordon Gibb (Jan-16-17)
- A Tangle of Hernia Mesh Complaints By Jane Mundy (Jan-15-17)
- Essure: Women Helping Women By Jane Mundy (Jan-13-17)
- Older Model Duodenoscopes Pulled from Market By Lucy Campbell (Jan-13-17)
- Bair Hugger Lawsuits Keep Coming, Class Actions in US and Canada By Gordon Gibb (Jan-13-17)
- Implanon Lawsuits Allege Serious Birth Control Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Jan-13-17)
- Family Donates to University in Memory of Stevens Johnson Syndrome Victim By Heidi Turner (Jan-12-17)
- IVC Filters: Remove from Body and Market By Jane Mundy (Jan-12-17)
- Asbestosis Risk has been known since Roman Times By Gordon Gibb (Jan-11-17)
- Attorney Anticipates Surgical Mesh and Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits Similar in Volume By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-17)
- Seventh Risperdal Gynecomastia Case Settled Prior to Trial By Gordon Gibb (Jan-10-17)
- Seismic Shifts For DePuy MDL in 2017? By Gordon Gibb (Jan-7-17)
- Number of Consolidated Taxotere Lawsuits Jumps By Heidi Turner (Jan-6-17)
- $13.7M Ethicon Vaginal Mesh Award Should Stand By Lucy Campbell (Jan-6-17)