Legal News Articles - Food/Drink
March 5, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Salmonella Tennessee Identified in a Processed Food Ingredient ]
Washington, DC The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is taking steps to protect the public following the early identification of Salmonella Tennessee in one company's supply of hydrolyzed vegetable protein (HVP). This is a common ingredient used most frequently as a flavor enhancer in many processed foods, including soups, sauces, chilis, stews, hot dogs, gravies, seasoned snack foods, dips and dressings.
March 4, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Arabic Soldiers Cleared of Food Poisoning Allegations at Fort Jackson ]
Columbia, SC Five Muslim soldiers who were recently removed from active duty at South Carolina's Fort Jackson over allegations of a food poisoning plot have been cleared of suspicion in the case, according to US Representative Joe Wilson.
March 1, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Johnny's Fine Foods Recalls French Dip Powdered Au Jus ]
Tacoma, WA Johnny's Fine Foods is recalling French Dip Powdered Au Jus in 6oz bottles and French Dip Powdered Au Jus in 1.1oz foil packets, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
February 24, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Most Cases of Foodborne Illness Go Unreported ]
Edmonton, AB According to the 2/18/10 Edmonton issue of 24 Hours, a lot of food poisoning goes unreported. And when that happens, says Nyall Hislop, a senior advisor for Alberta Health Services Food Program in Edmonton, more people get sick.
February 22, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Cheese Recalled Due to Possible Listeria Contamination ]
Washington, DC Queseria Bendita of Yakima, WA, is recalling three types of cheese, Queso Fresco, Panela, and Requeson, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
February 15, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ California Beef and Veal Recall Expanded to 4.9 Million Pounds ]
Washington, DC Huntington Meat Packing Inc, a Montebello, CA, establishment, is expanding its recall of January 18 to include approximately 4.9 million additional pounds of beef and veal products that were not produced in accordance with the company's food safety plan.
February 15, 2010. By Ron Simon.
Read [ Nationwide Salmonella Outbreak Grows To 225 Illnesses in 44 States ]
Houston, TX As the nationwide Salmonella Montevideo outbreak continues to grow, the salmonella lawyers at Simon & Luke have been busy fielding questions from hundreds of concerned citizens on our toll-free hotline (1-888-335-4901). Below is an update on the outbreak with answers to the most frequently asked questions.
February 12, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Trader Joe's Recalls Chocolate Chip Chewy Coated Granola Bars ]
Monrovia, CA Trader Joe's Company is voluntarily recalling Trader Joe's Chocolate Chip Chewy Coated Granola Bars, UPC 82818, Use by Dates/Lot Codes 16JUL10H2 and 17JUL10H1, manufactured by Bloomfield Bakery, a subsidiary of Ralcorp Holdings, Inc, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
February 3, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Missouri Firm Recalls 14,000 lbs of Beef Products Due to Possible E. coli O157:H7 Contamination ]
Washington, DC West Missouri Beef LLC, is recalling approximately 14,000 pounds of fresh boneless beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7, a bacterium known to cause
January 30, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Peppered Salami Suspect in Foodborne Illness Outbreak ]
Portland, OR A case of foodborne illness that has sickened 184 people nationwide since July was traced to salami sold by Daniele Inc., a Pascoag, Rhode Island-based manufacturer. Daniele has announced a recall of its pepper-coated salami and variety packs containing peppered salami.
- Salmonella Montevideo Outbreak Sickens 184 Nationwide - Italian Sausage Suspected as the Source By Ron Simon (Jan-24-10)
- Recalled Beef in California Could be Two Years Old By Gordon Gibb (Jan-20-10)
- Contamination Found in Soda Fountain Drinks By Gordon Gibb (Jan-14-10)
- Suspected Food Poisoning Spoils Holiday Cheer in Newark By Gordon Gibb (Jan-10-10)
- CDC Releases E. Coli Outbreak Data in National Steak and Poultry Beef Outbreak By Ron Simon (Jan-7-10)
- Calorie Counts Are Not Always Accurate By Heidi Turner (Jan-6-10)
- Simon & Luke Collects Settlements on Behalf of Peanut Butter Salmonella Victims By Ron Simon (Jan-4-10)
- Where's the Beef? Attorney Calls for Disclosure of E. Coli Beef Distribution Chain By Jane Mundy (Dec-28-09)
- New Hampshire Health Officials Report Anthrax Case By Jane Mundy (Dec-27-09)
- FDA Accuses Nestle of Falsely Advertising Children's Drinks By Jane Mundy (Dec-25-09)
- National Steak and Poultry Recall By Ron Simon (Dec-25-09)
- Questions Remain over Foodborne Illness in North Dakota By Gordon Gibb (Dec-22-09)
- Heinz Recalls Baby Cereal in Canada By Gordon Gibb (Dec-11-09)
- Beef Recall in Two States, Concern Over Salmonella By Gordon Gibb (Dec-7-09)
- Texas Oysters Recalled for Norovirus Contamination By Gordon Gibb (Dec-7-09)
- Couple complains of food poisoning on Royal Caribbean Cruise By Charles Benson (Nov-12-09)
- Salmonella Spice Outbreak By Ron Simon (Nov-10-09)
- Foodborne Illness Results in Two Separate Recalls By Gordon Gibb (Nov-8-09)
- Memorable Family Party—Foodborne Illness on the Menu By Jane Mundy (Nov-4-09)
- Two Deaths Linked to E. Coli Outbreak By Ron Simon (Nov-4-09)
- New Hampshire Resident Dies in E. Coli Outbreak By Ron Simon (Nov-3-09)
- FDA Given Teeth, Food Recalls on the Rise By Gordon Gibb (Oct-20-09)
- $12 million Allocated for PCA Salmonella Foodborne Illness: Make Your Claim Now By Jane Mundy (Oct-15-09)
- Foodborne Illness from Sick Cattle? By Jane Mundy (Oct-7-09)
- Court Sets Filing Deadline and $12,000,000 Settlement Fund for Peanut Butter Salmonella Claims By Ron Simon (Oct-4-09)
- California spinach recalled to avoid food poisoning By Charles Benson (Oct-3-09)
- Foodborne Illness Puts Kids at Risk By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-09)
- Food Poisoning Feared in Mac and Cheese Recall By Gordon Gibb (Sep-17-09)
- Foodborne Illness: Recalls? What Recalls? By Jane Mundy (Sep-8-09)
- Canadian Health Officials Announce Foodborne Illness Recall, Could Have US Implications By Gordon Gibb (Aug-30-09)
- Beef Packers Salmonella Beef Outbreak Spreads By Ron Simon (Aug-17-09)
- Salmonella Beef Outbreak Illness Rises While Cargill Refuses to Identify Where the Beef Was Sold By Ron Simon (Aug-11-09)
- This Barbecue Season, make your Burgers or Wieners Well Done By Jane Mundy (Aug-11-09)
- Salmonella Beef Foodborne Illness Outbreak Spreads to 11 States By Ron Simon (Aug-10-09)
- Ground Beef Recalled Due to Salmonella Contamination By Ron Simon (Aug-6-09)
- Canada's Maple Leaf Foods Recalls Wieners for Fear of Listeria Bacterium By Gordon Gibb (Aug-4-09)
- Hold the Lettuce on My Burger By Jane Mundy (Jul-27-09)
- King Soopers Recalls Beef Products Due to Salmonella Contamination By Ron Simon (Jul-23-09)
- Nestle Cookie Dough E. Coli Outbreak Now Claims 76 Victims Nationwide By Ron Simon (Jul-20-09)
- Nestle Cookie Dough E. Coli Foodborne Illness Update By Jane Mundy (Jul-15-09)