LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONDrugs/Medical
Legal News Articles - Drugs/Medical
June 1, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Birmingham, AL The number of men alleging they developed melanoma after taking Viagra is on the increase.Read [ MDL Plaintiffs Increasing in Alleged Viagra Melanoma Connection Lawsuit ]
June 1, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Calgary, AB: An Abilify lawsuit seeking class action status involving hundreds of Canadians has been filed in Calgary.Read [ Canadian Abilify Lawsuit ]
May 31, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: With countless recalls of defective hip implants, hip implant recipients are likely wondering when , rather than if, their device will fail.Read [ Defective Hip Implant Makers Busy with Recalls, Lawsuits and Settlements ]
May 28, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Washington, D.C. The American Association of Justice’s (AAJ) review of 150 years of drugs and devices offered to ostensibly improve or protect the health of women, sometimes with devastating even deadly results, is a well-researched, informative and sometimes oddly entertaining read.Read [ Deadly Drugs and Devices Report by AAJ is a Must Read for Women ]
May 28, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
New Orleans, LA On May 30, 2017, a courtroom in New Orleans will hear testimony for another major bell weather case involving the controversial blood thinner drug Xarelto and the late Sharyn Orr from Kenner, Louisiana.Read [ Claims against Xarelto Due to Be Tested in Court Again ]
May 28, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: Pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson has just lost its fourth surgical mesh lawsuit after a jury in Philadelphia just this past Friday returned a verdict of $2.16 million against Johnson & Johnson (J&J) and its subsidiary Ethicon Women’s Health and Urology (Ethicon). The fourth loss for the defendants in as many trials signals, say pundits, a trend in lawsuits alleging surgical mesh complications.Read [ Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Nets $2.16 Million for Pen Argyl Plaintiff ]
May 25, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Minneapolis, MN: Shoulder replacement surgery is a well-established and should be a straightforward procedure, unless your orthopedic surgeon is implanting a Zimmer Biomet shoulder that has failed and you are unfortunate to have one or two of the 3,600 implants that have been recalled.Read [ Zimmer-Biomet Shoulder: Buyer (Patient and Surgeon) Beware ]
May 25, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Dallas,TX: A legal showdown is brewing in the state of Texas over that state’s cap on punitive damages. Texas medical malpractice lawyers representing plaintiffs who saw their $502 million jury award over failed DePuy Pinnacle hip implants reduced to $150 million, are challenging the state caps at the same time that DePuy principle Johnson & Johnson is appealing the original verdict.Read [ From $20 Million to Fifty Bucks: Could the Same Thing Happen in Texas? ]
May 24, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Alabama:An Alabama woman is suing the makers of the popular proton pump inhibitor (PPI) medications Nexium, Prilosec and Prevacid for kidney-related injuries she claims she suffered after taking the products.Read [ Woman Claims She Suffered Kidney Injuries from Taking Acid Reflux Medications ]
May 24, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Philadelphia, PA Eight Manufacturers of a generic form of Taxotere known as Docetaxel are also being included in the ongoing MDL in U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana (New Orleans). As a result, more women will likely join the approximately 1,000 women already involved in the litigation.Read [ Generic Docetaxel Inclusion in Taxotere MDL Significant Departure ]
- Talcum Powder Timeframe: From Scientific Studies to Safety Concerns to Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (May-23-17)
- Risperdal Victims Candid Photographs Speak Volumes By Jane Mundy (May-23-17)
- South Carolina Stockert 3T Lawsuits Won't Head to MDL By Deb Hipp (May-22-17)
- Ongoing Efforts to Improve Endoscope Disinfection May not be Enough By Gordon Gibb (May-21-17)
- Judge Awards $2 Million Verdict in Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit By Deb Hipp (May-21-17)
- Catheter Injury Lawsuits following Catheter Recalls By Jane Mundy (May-20-17)
- Angioplasty TVAM, Doctors and the FDA By Jane Mundy (May-19-17)
- Class Action Lawsuit Over Lead in School Drinking Water By Gordon Gibb (May-19-17)
- $8M Settlement Reached in Omnicare False Claims Suit By Lucy Campbell (May-18-17)
- Attorney Max Kennerly Takes Sides against Essure By Brenda Craig (May-18-17)
- Invokana to Get Black-Box Warning over Amputation Risk By Gordon Gibb (May-18-17)
- Eliquis Lawsuit Reveals Manufacturers Face Restrictions on Label Changes By Gordon Gibb (May-17-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Tossed on Appeal By Gordon Gibb (May-15-17)
- Taxotere Hair Loss Patients Speak Out Over the Fallout By Gordon Gibb (May-15-17)
- $20M Verdict Awarded in Third Ethicon TVT Mesh Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (May-15-17)
- Additional Plaintiffs Join Bravelle Class Action By Deb Hipp (May-15-17)
- Woman's Skin Melts Off From Stevens-Johnson Syndrome By Deb Hipp (May-13-17)
- $4 Million Mesothelioma Plaintiff Verdict Upheld on Appeal By Gordon Gibb (May-13-17)
- First Xarelto Bellwether Trial Goes to the Defense By Gordon Gibb (May-12-17)
- Propecia Finasteride Side Effects Can be Hair Raising By Gordon Gibb (May-11-17)
- $110 Million Talc Verdict Comes Down in Favor of Plaintiff By Brenda Craig (May-10-17)
- Ovarian Cancer Survivor Blames Power Morcellator By Jane Mundy (May-9-17)
- Saxagliptin Heart Failure and Death Lawsuits Filed By Lucy Campbell (May-9-17)
- Testosterone Gels Get a Failing Grade in More Ways Than One By Gordon Gibb (May-9-17)
- Canada Concerned about Abdominal Hernia Mesh—and the 501k Process By Jane Mundy (May-8-17)
- Monsanto Hit with Yet Another Lawsuit Over Roundup By Gordon Gibb (May-8-17)
- Benicar Illness and Weight Loss Lawsuit Witnesses Must Produce Records By Gordon Gibb (May-7-17)
- Lawsuits Mount for Stryker Over Allegedly Failed Medical Devices By Gordon Gibb (May-7-17)
- Why was US Warned about Abilify Gambling Risk Four Years after Europe? By Jane Mundy (May-5-17)
- Risperdal Lawsuit Plaintiff Up for a Third Try By Gordon Gibb (May-4-17)
- Health Canada Equally Concerned About IVC Filter Side Effects By Gordon Gibb (May-3-17)
- Stockert 3T Not the Only Heater-Cooler Unit Associated with Infection discovered Years Ago By Jane Mundy (May-2-17)
- INRatio Proposed Class Action Settled Before Alere Lawsuit Could Proceed By Gordon Gibb (May-1-17)
- Round 5: Talcum Powder Plaintiffs versus Johnson & Johnson By Jane Mundy (May-1-17)
- Yet Another Risperdal Lawsuit Tossed in Philadelphia By Gordon Gibb (Apr-30-17)
- Complicated TVM Mesh Lawsuit Settles By Gordon Gibb (Apr-27-17)
- Odd Ruling in Hip Implant Failure Lawsuit? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-23-17)
- Zimmer Biomet Shoulder—Shocking Surprises By Jane Mundy (Apr-22-17)
- Implanon Lawsuits Still in Court One Year After FDA Warning Label Update By Deb Hipp (Apr-21-17)
- Pharmaceuticals Fast-Tracked to Market through Little-Known FDA Protocol By Gordon Gibb (Apr-20-17)