LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONDrugs/Medical
Legal News Articles - Drugs/Medical
January 3, 2017. By Heidi Turner.
Trenton, NJ: Plaintiffs involved in Invokana lawsuits are celebrating now that at least some lawsuits have been consolidated for pretrial proceedings. The Invokana claims were filed against drug maker Johnson & Johnson and allege the company failed adequately test the drug before releasing it on the market and did not warn consumers about the risks associated with using the diabetes medication.Read [ Plaintiffs Celebrate Invokana Lawsuit Consolidation ]
January 2, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA:In the wake of recent research, more lawsuits are being filed against Monsanto claiming its weedkiller Roundup causes cancer. And California’s Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) has likely added one more nail to Roundup’s coffin.Read [ More Evidence Linking Monsanto’s Roundup to Cancer ]
January 1, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Trenton, NJ: As each year draws to a close it’s useful to look back at the year just past and take stock of the previous 12 months. With Benicar side effects and, specifically sprue-like enteropathy, 2017 should see continuing litigation activity with Benicar lawsuits filed as late as December 30. With the arrival on the market of at least two sets of generics from competing manufacturers, it will be interesting to scan the horizon for even more litigious activity given the availability of olmesartan to more Americans.Read [ More Benicar Generics Poised for US Market, Benicar Lawsuits Keep Coming ]
December 31, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Nashville, TN:When Sara had an IVC Filter implanted 20 years ago, nobody told her that it would eventually need to be removed. “Now that I’m aware of so many IVC filter lawsuits I don’t know if this filter is supposed to be permanent or not, but it has got me worried,” says Sara.Read [ “I Could Be a Ticking Time Bomb,” says IVC Filter Patient ]
December 29, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Baltimore, MD: Johnson & Johnson is accused of targeting Risperdal marketing towards children and teenagers, to the extent that the antipsychotic drug has been prescribed to treat anxiety in children. But some of those boys who developed gynecomastia, a non-cancerous increase in the size of male breast tissue, now suffer from depression and chances are, J&J has a drug for that too.Read [ Risperdal for Kids Reaps Big Bucks—but for how long? ]
December 29, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: Anyone doing an online search for 'Implanon' will immediately be led to a site index where consumers will find links to both patient information intended for consumers, and prescribing information intended for doctors. And while there appears to be no indication as to if, and when the latter may have been updated, the patient document intended for consumers is identified as having been updated with regard to Implanon usage and Implanon birth control side effects in March of this year.Read [ Was the FDA Aware of Migration Risk Prior to Implanon Approval? ]
December 27, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Reports from both the US and Germany have identified the M chimaera contamination of heater/cooler devices, of which 60 to 70 percent stem from the Stockert 3T heater-cooler system. But controlling the infection is challenging—to say the least.Read [ Stockert 3T System “No Easy Fix” and the FDA’s Catch-22 ]
December 27, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
New York, NY: Patients who had certain Stryker hip replacements implanted but found themselves ineligible for the 2014 Stryker hip settlement received some good news. Those patients who had the Stryker ABG II Modular Neck Hip Stem and Rejuvenate Modular Neck Hip Stem implanted from 2014 to December 19, 2016, are now eligible to take part in the 2014 settlement. The announcement does not affect the Accolade TMZF, but settlements in lawsuits concerning other hip replacement devices could indicate a willingness to settle Accolade claims.Read [ Stryker Hip Settlement Expanded ]
December 26, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: This past year has been rife with reports of infections linked to endoscopes and / or duodenoscopes; devices used for diagnostic endoscopic procedures which are intended to be cleaned and re-used. However, many an endoscope lawsuit over the past year have asserted that such devices are either not cleaned and disinfected properly, or feature design flaws that suggest a thorough disinfection is practically impossible.Read [ Will FDA Guidance Help Stem Endoscope Lawsuits Going Forward? ]
December 26, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Newark, NJ:Finally, Linda Gross’ transvaginal mesh case is over, after J&J can no longer appeal the verdict that awarded her more than $11 million in damages for her TVM injuries.Read [ Ten Long Years: Transvaginal Mesh Victim Finally gets Justice ]
- Surgical Mesh Lawsuit to Proceed By Gordon Gibb (Dec-23-16)
- Taxotere Hair Loss: a Look Back at 2016 By Gordon Gibb (Dec-22-16)
- C.R. Bard Reveals Latest Litigation Cases in SEC Filing By Gordon Gibb (Dec-22-16)
- Three Points for Alere INRatio Device By Jane Mundy (Dec-21-16)
- Olympus America Attempts a Power Morcellation Comeback By Gordon Gibb (Dec-19-16)
- Implanon Lawsuits Allege Nightmare Situations for Women By Heidi Turner (Dec-19-16)
- ER Hospital Overcharges: Bat Bite Cost Uninsured $40K By Jane Mundy (Dec-18-16)
- J&J and DePuy Looking to Have Qui Tam Pinnacle Lawsuit Dismissed By Gordon Gibb (Dec-17-16)
- 2017 Could Be a Big Year for Bravelle Litigation By Heidi Turner (Dec-16-16)
- Recalls Over Catheter Fragments Increasing, More Manufacturers Involved By Gordon Gibb (Dec-16-16)
- Lyrica and Topamax: Same but Different By Jane Mundy (Dec-15-16)
- Johnson & Johnson Wins An SJS Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Dec-14-16)
- Johnson & Johnson Ordered to Pay $1 Billion in Hip Replacement Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Dec-13-16)
- Essure Injury Lawsuits Moving Forward By Jane Mundy (Dec-13-16)
- Court Spells Out Bair Hugger Bellwether Trial Timelines By Gordon Gibb (Dec-13-16)
- Updated FDA Review Suggests Link Between Actos and Bladder Cancer By Lucy Campbell (Dec-13-16)
- Taxotere and Cosmetic Prostheses By Jane Mundy (Dec-11-16)
- Latest Bellwether Risperdal Lawsuit Underway in Philadelphia By Gordon Gibb (Dec-10-16)
- More Hospitals, Not FDA, Warn Patients of Stockert 3T Heater Cooler Infection Risk By Jane Mundy (Dec-10-16)
- Judicial Panel Considers Consolidating Invokana Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Dec-10-16)
- Abilify Coast to Coast: “Off-Label” Lawsuit Settles in California, MDL Pending in Florida By Jane Mundy (Dec-9-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Complication Increases with Procedures Performed in Tandem By Gordon Gibb (Dec-9-16)
- DePuy Pinnacle Plaintiff Received Hip Replacement at 16, Says “Life Ruined” By Gordon Gibb (Dec-8-16)
- Study: Propecia Sexual Dysfunction Worse in Men with Neurobiological Abnormalities By Gordon Gibb (Dec-7-16)
- Salvage Owner Jailed for Asbestos Violations By Gordon Gibb (Dec-6-16)
- FDA Assurances Likely Not Enough to Satisfy Xarelto Litigants By Gordon Gibb (Dec-5-16)
- Hope For Patients With IVC Filter? By Heidi Turner (Dec-5-16)
- Pradaxa Bleeding Risk Increased With Certain Statins: Study By Gordon Gibb (Dec-4-16)
- Bellwether Cases for Propecia Litigation Chosen By Heidi Turner (Dec-4-16)
- Talcum Powder Cancer Concerns By Jane Mundy (Dec-3-16)
- FDA Weighs in Alere Recall and Potential for Skewed Results By Gordon Gibb (Dec-3-16)
- $1B DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Verdict Against J&J By Lucy Campbell (Dec-2-16)
- Benicar Lawsuit Plaintiffs Attempt Motion for Summary Judgement By Gordon Gibb (Dec-2-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Woman Waits for Justice By Brenda Craig (Nov-30-16)
- Cancer Survivor Hopes Taxotere Lawsuit will Channel her Anger By Jane Mundy (Nov-30-16)
- Risperdal Awards Add Up For Plaintiffs By Heidi Turner (Nov-29-16)
- Hospital Overcharging Made Worse by Out-of-Network Practitioners By Gordon Gibb (Nov-29-16)
- Hospitals, Medical Centers Caught Up in Endoscope Infection Turmoil By Heidi Turner (Nov-28-16)
- More to IVC Filter Failure Than Meets the Eye By Gordon Gibb (Nov-27-16)
- More Talcum Powder Lawsuits Filed as Woman Awarded $70 Million By Heidi Turner (Nov-26-16)