Legal News Articles - Discrimination
January 18, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Former Administrator Files Pennsylvania Employment Lawsuit ]
Allentown, PA A former Pennsylvania school administrator filed a lawsuit against her former employer, alleging racial discrimination as the primary basis of her termination.
January 16, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Florida Employment Harassment Case "Out of a Bad Movie" ]
Tallahassee, FL In a case that seemed like something out of a bad movie, a Florida employment lawsuit was recently settled in favor of the plaintiff after she revealed sensational details of a five-year pattern of harassment at the hands of her employer.
January 6, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Upscale Restaurant in Alleged Violation of Federal and New York Labor Law ]
New York, NY A lawsuit recently filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) against an upscale New York City restaurant alleges various violations of New York labor law. Sparks Steak House is accused of allowing employees to be harassed in the workplace.
January 3, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Mentally Impaired Student Wins Housing Claim Against Oakland University ]
Rochester Hills, MI An Oakland University (OU) student with a cognitive impairment has won a housing lawsuit against the Michigan institution for not allowing him to live on campus.
December 21, 2009. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Transgender Teen Files Discrimination Claim under Florida Employment Law ]
Orlando, FL A transgender teen applying for a job at a McDonalds in Orlando has lodged a formal complaint against the fast food chain claiming the restaurant violated Florida employment law by refusing to hire the plaintiff over gender issues.
December 18, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Sometimes Bizarre Workplace Harassment ]
Atherton, CA Two separate workplace harassment stories provide a window into a hostile work environment where people often turn a blind eye to sexual harassment.
December 6, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Tenant Sues Prospective Landlord for Denial of Application ]
Yardville, NJ A prospective tenant who was denied housing in New Jersey due to a complex rental agreement has won some favor through an appellate court in New Jersey.
December 4, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Six File Age Discrimination Complaint against University ]
Portland, ME There is no place in a just society for discrimination of any kind, be it racial, sexual, or otherwise. Age discrimination is especially frustrating to those with a wealth of experience and a willingness to contribute, but who are deemed inappropriate according to allegedly indefensible criteria.
November 29, 2009. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Gender Discrimination Case Dismissed in Alabama ]
Mobile, AL In a controversial decision handed down by an Alabama judge, a sexual harassment case brought against the city of Daphne has been dismissed for a lack of evidence, according to Al.com.
November 26, 2009. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Ohio Worker Files Discrimination Lawsuit ]
West Chester Township, OH A long-time West Chester Township city employee recently filed a lawsuit alleging that she was sexually discriminated against in the workplace. Ohio employment law protects Ohio employees against discrimination on any grounds such as gender, race, or age.
- Study Finds Discrimination a Threat to Emotional Health By Gordon Gibb (Nov-21-09)
- Navigating the California Labor Law often Requires Legal Advice By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-09)
- Fired Bank Whistleblower Fights Back in New Jersey By Gordon Gibb (Nov-10-09)
- Settlement reached with discrimination case involving interest rates By Charles Benson (Oct-6-09)
- Idaho Developer Called Out for Discrimination Against the Disabled By Gordon Gibb (Sep-7-09)
- "This Noose is for You" By Brenda Craig (Aug-27-09)
- New Proposed Legislation Poised to Fight Workplace Gender Discrimination By Gordon Gibb (Aug-25-09)
- Firefighters Sue New Haven Over Tossing of Test Results By Gordon Gibb (Jul-11-09)
- Racial Bias an Affront to Discrimination Law By Gordon Gibb (Apr-27-09)
- Citigroup Engaged in Recessionary Discrimination says Attorney Wigdor By Brenda Craig (Mar-13-09)
- Racial Discrimination Evident When Trying to Buy a Home By Gordon Gibb (Mar-4-09)
- Raptiva Side Effects Include Meningitis By Jane Mundy (Mar-3-09)
- Discrimination and the USDA By Gordon Gibb (Oct-23-08)
- EPA Class Action Notice issued following certification of EEOC Class Action for Age and Race Discrimination (Sep-5-08)
- Attorney Steven Sprenger: TV Writers' Lawsuits Get Momentum By Brenda Craig (Sep-4-08)
- Discriminated Worker Sues, Wins Retirement Benefits By Gordon Gibb (Jul-31-08)
- Attorney Jennifer Klar Battles Discrimination in Ohio By Paul Halpern (Jul-23-08)
- Discrimination Suit Settled by Conectiv and Others for $1.65M By Ginger Gillenwater (May-11-08)
- Medical Supply Firm Settles Sexual Harassment Suit By Ginger Gillenwater (May-6-08)
- Secretary Alleges Firing was Politically Motivated By Ginger Gillenwater (Apr-30-08)
- Officials in the Dark Over Allegations of Abuse by the Police Chief By Delsia Hartford (Apr-26-08)
- McCormick and Schmick's Faces Discrimination Lawsuit By Ginger Gillenwater (Apr-24-08)
- Don't Ask Wendy Williams, "How Ya Doin'?" By Ginger Gillenwater (Apr-22-08)
- BoroughVent Creators Embroiled in Battle with Disabilities-Rights Activist By Delsia Hartford (Apr-21-08)
- Class-action status awarded in 3M Age Discrimination Suit By Ginger Gillenwater (Apr-19-08)
- Religious Discrimination Lawsuit is Implemented after Circuit Court Ruling By Delsia Hartford (Apr-6-08)
- Albertson's Sued by EEOC for Discrimination By Ginger Gillenwater (Apr-2-08)
- Complaint Filed Against Christian School for Racism By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-30-08)
- Books for Less Case Closed By Delsia Hartford (Mar-18-08)
- Airport Contractor Settles Discrimination Suit By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-13-08)
- Civil Rights Leader Settles Discrimination Lawsuit By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-8-08)
- Man's Suit Alleging Age Discrimination Nears Trial By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-4-08)
- Job Discrimination Cases have Lawmakers Scratching their Heads By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-26-08)
- Transgender Law to Possibly be Compromised By Delsia Hartford (Feb-23-08)
- Gender Discrimination is alleged by Female Ref against Religious School By Delsia Hartford (Feb-16-08)
- $6.6M Discrimination Judgment for Ex-Fresno Basketball Coach By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-15-08)
- Church-going Parishioners Refused Service at Ruby's Diner By Anita Black (Feb-11-08)
- Employee Discrimination against a High Achiever By Julia Browne (Feb-9-08)
- The Verdict is in: $241,119 Awarded in Age Discrimination Lawsuit By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-4-08)
- Man Looks for Job but finds Discrimination Instead By Anita Black (Jan-31-08)