Legal News Articles - Defective Products
March 25, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Indianapolis, IN: At least two additional lawsuits with regard to allegedly defective IVC filters have been filed in the month of March against Cook Medical Inc., one of the primary manufacturers of the inferior vena cava filter along with competitors such as C.R. Bard. There are likely more, as presently in excess of 3,000 IVC filter lawsuits are consolidated in multidistrict litigation.Read [ Allegedly Defective IVC Filters Not a New Problem ]
March 25, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Winnipeg, SK: Colleen had a transvaginal mesh implant almost seven years ago, and for three of those years she has looked for a doctor to remove the TVT Sling, to no avail. If it isn’t removed soon, Colleen thinks she may never have sex again.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh Victim Speaks Candidly about Sex Problems ]
March 24, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Dallas, TX: Women who had the ParaGard IUD contraceptive device inserted and then suffered injuries from the removal process may have grounds for a lawsuit against the medical device manufacturer.Read [ Women Injured During ParaGard Removal May Have Lawsuit Claims ]
March 24, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Harlingen, TX A woman from Harlingen, Texas in the Rio Grande Valley was driving through her neighborhood on December 8, 2015 when she had a fender bender in her 2012 Honda Civic. According to Mary Lou Rodriguez she clipped a parked truck at no more than 15 miles per hour.Read [ Fender Bender Air Bag Deployment Left Texas Woman with Eye Damage ]
March 23, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Portland, ME The Maine Supreme Judicial Court ruled recently that a woman who filed an Implanon lawsuit against Merck & Co. and a federally funded health center for a failed birth control procedure with an implantable device may not recover damages for an unplanned pregnancy.Read [ Court Rules Against Collecting Damages for Pregnancy After Birth Control Procedure ]
March 22, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
St. Louis, MO: The latest talcum powder lawsuit tried in a Missouri court found in favor of the defendant, which tallies three wins for plaintiffs and one for J&J.Read [ Missouri Jury in Talcum Powder Lawsuit sides with J&J ]
March 21, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: In a move that would provide little cheer for any patient either infected, or concerned about potential infection from endoscope infection, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in January updated the safety information for a product from Pentax Medical, and the potential for increased risk of infection.Read [ Pentax targeted by FDA Safety Update in January ]
March 21, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
New Orleans, LA: It didn’t matter that a $502 million defective hip implant lawsuit verdict that went against DePuy Orthopaedics (DePuy) and its parent company Johnson & Johnson (J&J) was slashed to $150 million in observance of a Texas state cap: the defendants are appealing anyway. The verdict was brought last year in the second bellwether trial in a massive multidistrict litigation alleging hip replacement implant failure related to DePuy hip implants.Read [ Despite Steep Reduction in Award, Plaintiff’s Defective Hip Implant Verdict Appealed ]
March 20, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: A Risperdal lawsuit that alleged the growth of male breast tissue (Risperdal gynecomastia) suffered by the plaintiff was stopped dead in its tracks before a trial reached the verdict stage after a Pennsylvania judge determined that Johnson & Johnson (J&J) and its Risperdal unit, Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Janssen) had not failed to adequately warn about gynecomastia risk as the plaintiff had asserted, thus pulling the rug out from under the lawsuit.Read [ Recent Risperdal Lawsuit Tossed, Plaintiffs Plan to Appeal ]
March 20, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Brazil’s National Health Agency has banned sales and recalled Essure, and advocacy groups worldwide are pressuring their governments to follow suit.Read [ Brazil Recalls Essure and Note to Bayer: Share the Knowledge ]
- Alere Pushes for Dismissal of Home Blood Test Kits Class Action By Deb Hipp (Mar-19-17)
- Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System Letter: Evidence, Explanation or Apology? By Jane Mundy (Mar-18-17)
- FDA Issues Recall on Medtronic Implantable Pain Pumps By Deb Hipp (Mar-17-17)
- Shingles Vaccine Lawsuits Mounting By Jane Mundy (Mar-16-17)
- Two Recent Surgical Mesh Lawsuits Assert Ethicon Physiomesh is Defective By Gordon Gibb (Mar-15-17)
- IVC Filters “Deadly Missiles” By Jane Mundy (Mar-15-17)
- Federal Judge Extends Deadline to Add Parties to Bravelle Class Action By Deb Hipp (Mar-15-17)
- Zimmer Biomet Shoulder Implant Recall Requires Immediate Attention By Brenda Craig (Mar-14-17)
- Implanon Complaints are Not without Precedent By Gordon Gibb (Mar-14-17)
- Evidence in Asbestosis Claim Failed to Meet California Minimums for Plausibility By Gordon Gibb (Mar-14-17)
- The Watchdog Group that Rang the Bell on Anti-acid Meds By Brenda Craig (Mar-12-17)
- Missouri Jury Finds in Favor of Johnson & Johnson on Talcum Powder Case By Deb Hipp (Mar-10-17)
- Failed INRatio Device Fast-Tracked to Market By Gordon Gibb (Mar-10-17)
- Monsanto-Gate: Leaked Roundup Cancer Report By Jane Mundy (Mar-9-17)
- Plaintiffs Allege Exploding Pressure Cooker Injuries from Tristar Product By Gordon Gibb (Mar-8-17)
- Invokana Lawsuits Will Remain in Federal Court In Philadelphia By Gordon Gibb (Mar-8-17)
- Hoping for a Hassle-Free Hip Implant a Roll of the Dice By Gordon Gibb (Mar-7-17)
- Number of Pending Risperdal Lawsuits Grows to 18,500 Cases By Deb Hipp (Mar-7-17)
- Abilify Makes Headlines By Jane Mundy (Mar-4-17)
- Potential for Permanent Taxotere Hair Loss Not Widely Promoted By Gordon Gibb (Mar-4-17)
- Auto Manufacturers Claim to be Takata Airbag Victims By Gordon Gibb (Mar-3-17)
- Granuflo Bellwether Case Fails to Prove Fault By Lucy Campbell (Mar-3-17)
- Defective Hip Implants: Newer Isn’t Always Better By Gordon Gibb (Mar-1-17)
- First Physiomesh Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Slated for Trial – and More Mesh Complications By Jane Mundy (Mar-1-17)
- Plaintiffs Looking for a Slam Dunk in First Xarelto Bellwether Trial This Month By Gordon Gibb (Mar-1-17)
- Canadian Transvaginal Mesh Class Action By Jane Mundy (Feb-28-17)
- Takata to Pay $1B for Airbag Scandal By Lucy Campbell (Feb-28-17)
- Essure or Hysterectomy—the Latter May Be Preferable By Jane Mundy (Feb-27-17)
- Number of Taxotere MDL Lawsuits Surpasses 700 Cases By Deb Hipp (Feb-27-17)
- IVC Filter Recipient Walking Time Bomb? By Jane Mundy (Feb-25-17)
- Implanon Reviews Could Steer Women Away From the Birth Control Device By Deb Hipp (Feb-24-17)
- Family Blames Takata Airbag for Woman's Death By Deb Hipp (Feb-23-17)
- The FDA Shortcut to a Hip Replacement Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Feb-22-17)
- Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer Whistleblower By Jane Mundy (Feb-21-17)
- Regulatory Concern Mounting Over Power Morcellators, Adverse Events Reports By Gordon Gibb (Feb-21-17)
- Blogger Says ‘No Thanks’ to IVC Filter By Gordon Gibb (Feb-19-17)
- Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System Confusion and Concern By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-17)
- Plaintiff Claims C-Qur Mesh Biologically Incompatible with Human Tissue By Gordon Gibb (Feb-19-17)
- Alere INRatio Plaintiffs Petition Court to Keep Lawsuit Alive By Gordon Gibb (Feb-17-17)
- Nurse Lives with Bard IVC Filter tine lost in her Body By Brenda Craig (Feb-16-17)