Legal News Articles - Defective Products
April 19, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: We are just a few days beyond the one-year anniversary of the issuance, by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), of a Class 1 designation to the recall of the Fetch 2 Aspiration Catheter by medical device manufacturer Boston Scientific. The voluntary recall was triggered by the manufacturer the previous month, on March 22, 2016.Read [ Will Federal Deregulation make it Easier for Plaintiffs to Sue over Defective Catheters? ]
April 19, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: A $55 million jury verdict brought against Honda Motor Co, in 2014 will stand, according to a ruling by the Pennsylvania Superior Court. The settlement resulted from a personal injury lawsuit against Honda that alleged the automotive manufacturer ignored a seat belt defect. The suit was brought by a man who claimed that defect resulted in his becoming paralyzed.Read [ $55M Personal Injury Verdict Against Honda Stands ]
April 18, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
San Diego, CA The majority of the lawsuits brought by women who developed cancer after a power morcellator procedure to extract uterine fibroids are wrapping up usually via a settlement agreement with Johnson and Johnson.Read [ Power Morcellation Suits Wrap Up but Doctors Still Like Procedure ]
April 17, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Dallas, TX The FDA is taking the unusual step of calling out a specific doctor and warning people to steer clear of the use of TVAM angioplasty as a treatment for serious illnesses such as Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis and other autonomic disorders.Read [ FDA Warns Against Off Label Angioplasty Treatment Known as TVAM ]
April 17, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Waltham, MA: Three University of Melbourne researchers have recently published a letter to the editor in the New England Journal of Medicine voicing concern that thousands of patients worldwide could be exposed to contaminated medical devices.Read [ Australian Researchers Urge Sharing Data On Contaminated Medical Devices ]
April 17, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
London, UK: British tabloids have sensationalised transvaginal mesh by describing one victim’s botched surgery a “biting vagina”; an Australian Senator compares the mesh to Thalidomide as one of Australia's worst health scandals; and in the US a transvaginal mesh class action lawsuit is settled for $12.3 million.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh Global Roundup: Sensational, Scandal and Settlement ]
April 17, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Winston-Salem, NC: Two lawsuits filed in North Carolina last year against Takata Corp. over defective airbag injuries were voluntarily dismissed in January 2017 in favor of trying to work out a settlement, according to the Winston-Salem Journal.Read [ Airbag Lawsuits Dismissed as Parties Try to Work Out Settlement ]
April 17, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
New York, NY: While the number of Eliquis side effects lawsuits continue to number at about 100, that number is expected to continue climbing as the Eliquis blood thinner continues to pose a risk to patients for injury, and in some cases death. Those are amongst the allegations in several lawsuits concerning the blood thinner approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2012 that was allowed into the market without available means to reliably stop a serious bleeding event.Read [ Federal Eliquis Blood Thinner Lawsuits Assigned to New York, State Suits Pending ]
April 16, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: The risks of taking popular heartburn medications such as Prilosec likely outweigh the benefits. According to a recent study, PPI users may be increasing their risk of serious kidney damage without having any symptoms of kidney problems. Given this latest research and previous studies, attorneys are currently investing complaints involving Prilosec and kidney problems.Read [ Prilosec Kidney Damage Lawsuits ]
April 16, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: As we pass the one-year anniversary of the point when medical device manufacturer Johnson & Johnson (J&J) began settling power morcellation lawsuits, women having undergone treatments for fibroids involving laparoscopic power morcellation are left wondering when, and if the other shoe might drop. This, in the wake of the death, earlier this year of a beloved advocate who championed calls for a ban on power morcellation after her own laparoscopy on February 1, 2012. Bonnie Davis died just shy of five years after her procedure, on January 6 of this year at the age of 57.Read [ Power Morcellators Fast-Tracked Through FDA 510(k) Clearance ]
- Stryker Hip Implant Lawsuits Head to Boston Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Apr-15-17)
- Invokana Lawsuits Keep Trickling In By Gordon Gibb (Apr-15-17)
- Another New Study Links Hair-Loss Treatment Propecia to Sexual Dysfunction By Deb Hipp (Apr-13-17)
- IVC Filter Manufacturer Sued Over IVC Filter Death By Gordon Gibb (Apr-12-17)
- Defendants on Philadelphia Xarelto Mass Tort Seek Disclosure of Third-Party Funding By Gordon Gibb (Apr-11-17)
- 3M Bair Hugger Blanket Bellwether Cases Chosen for Trial By Lucy Campbell (Apr-11-17)
- Missouri Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Could Go to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Apr-11-17)
- Mounting Essure Lawsuits Amount to Decline in Bayer’s Sales By Jane Mundy (Apr-10-17)
- Makers of Eliquis Ask the Court to Stop Sale of Generic Version By Deb Hipp (Apr-9-17)
- Allegations of Corruption: Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit Plaintiffs By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Defendant in Shingles Vaccine Lawsuit Wants Case Removed to Federal Court By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Latest Risperdal Trial Restarted After Health Emergency Resulted in a Mistrial By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Science Day Scheduled For Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Apr-7-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Recipient has More Pain after Hernia Surgery By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-17)
- The Added Cost of Abilify By Jane Mundy (Apr-5-17)
- Three implants, Two Revisions, One Chance Left By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-17)
- In the Absence of Causal Effect, Viagra and Cialis Melanoma Lawsuits Keep Coming By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-17)
- E-cigarettes Exploding Batteries Behave like Flaming Rockets By Deb Hipp (Apr-3-17)
- Takata Airbag Injury Plaintiff Almost Lost an Ear, Could Have Been Worse By Gordon Gibb (Apr-1-17)
- Latest Study Suggests AndroGel Increases Arterial Plaque in Older Men By Gordon Gibb (Mar-31-17)
- Zip-Line Injuries On the Rise By Lucy Campbell (Mar-29-17)
- California Women Suffers Permanent Hair Loss after Taxotere Chemo – Suit Claims By Brenda Craig (Mar-29-17)
- New Lawsuit Claims Drug Manufacturers Failed to Warn of Risks of Diabetes Medication By Deb Hipp (Mar-28-17)
- Plaintiff Asserts Eliquis Side Effects Left her with Permanent Injuries By Gordon Gibb (Mar-27-17)
- Woman Claims She Suffered Injuries from Shingles Vaccine By Deb Hipp (Mar-27-17)
- Allegedly Defective IVC Filters Not a New Problem By Gordon Gibb (Mar-25-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Victim Speaks Candidly about Sex Problems By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-17)
- Women Injured During ParaGard Removal May Have Lawsuit Claims By Deb Hipp (Mar-24-17)
- Fender Bender Air Bag Deployment Left Texas Woman with Eye Damage By Brenda Craig (Mar-24-17)
- Court Rules Against Collecting Damages for Pregnancy After Birth Control Procedure By Deb Hipp (Mar-23-17)
- Missouri Jury in Talcum Powder Lawsuit sides with J&J By Jane Mundy (Mar-22-17)
- Pentax targeted by FDA Safety Update in January By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-17)
- Despite Steep Reduction in Award, Plaintiff’s Defective Hip Implant Verdict Appealed By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-17)
- Recent Risperdal Lawsuit Tossed, Plaintiffs Plan to Appeal By Gordon Gibb (Mar-20-17)
- Brazil Recalls Essure and Note to Bayer: Share the Knowledge By Jane Mundy (Mar-20-17)
- Alere Pushes for Dismissal of Home Blood Test Kits Class Action By Deb Hipp (Mar-19-17)
- Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System Letter: Evidence, Explanation or Apology? By Jane Mundy (Mar-18-17)
- FDA Issues Recall on Medtronic Implantable Pain Pumps By Deb Hipp (Mar-17-17)
- Shingles Vaccine Lawsuits Mounting By Jane Mundy (Mar-16-17)
- Two Recent Surgical Mesh Lawsuits Assert Ethicon Physiomesh is Defective By Gordon Gibb (Mar-15-17)