Legal News Articles - Defective Products
May 3, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Ottawa, ON: We’re coming up to the one-year anniversary that Health Canada, the Canadian equivalent to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), released a guidance review and summaries pertaining to in-depth analysis of the inferior vena cava filter landscape in America’s northern-most neighbor. Akin to the FDA, Health Canada maintains concern for the length of time retrievable filters are left in place.Read [ Health Canada Equally Concerned About IVC Filter Side Effects ]
May 3, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Dallas, Texas Veteran attorney Ethan Preston knows the world of class actions very well. He’s successfully represented thousands of people in consumer and small class action lawsuits as a Texas attorney through his firm Ethan Preston Law, where much of his focus is on consumer technology and consumer privacy cases.Read [ California Attorney Stands Up for Consumer Rights and Class Action Suits ]
May 2, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Over the past few years the Stockert 3T heater-cooler system has come under fire after reports of heart bypass patients developing Mycobacterium chimaera infections were traced back to the device. But Stockert isn’t the only heater-cooler system in use.Read [ Stockert 3T Not the Only Heater-Cooler Unit Associated with Infection discovered Years Ago ]
May 1, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Waltham, MA: An Alere lawsuit that had been proposed as a class action on behalf of litigants alleging injury from inaccurate readings from the INRatio blood monitoring device escaped trial when the parties involved agreed to a settlement at the eleventh hour. Briefings related to J.E. et al. v. Alere Inc. et al (Case No. 1:16-cv-11515, in the US District Court for the District of Massachusetts), and motions of dismissal put forward by Alere Inc. had been duly submitted, but the judge in the case had yet to rule on them when the settlement was announced.Read [ INRatio Proposed Class Action Settled Before Alere Lawsuit Could Proceed ]
May 1, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Las Vegas, NV: A Nevada woman suffered serious injuries when the airbag in a used car that her father gave her as a gift exploded.Read [ Airbag in Salvaged Used Car Explodes in Minor Crash ]
May 1, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Miami, FL: A Miami woman allegedly suffered second-degree burns on her hands, arms and chest when a popular pressure cooker exploded while cooking stew on her stovetop, according to CBS Miami.Read [ Claims of Pressure Cooker Explosion Injuries May Prompt Lawsuits ]
May 1, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
St. Louis, MO: Missouri’s fifth talcum powder trial began April 11, with plaintiffs claiming that Johnson & Johnson knew for decades about the link to ovarian cancer but chose profit over safety and continued to market Shower-to-Shower and Johnson's Baby Powder.Read [ Round 5: Talcum Powder Plaintiffs versus Johnson & Johnson ]
April 30, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: A Risperdal lawsuit that had to be stopped and restarted after a juror suffered a health emergency, has been tossed by a Philadelphia judge after appearing to agree with defendant Janssen Pharmaceuticals that the plaintiff failed to provide sufficient evidence to fully support his claim of Risperdal gynecomastia, a condition characterized by the growth of male breast tissue. The judge, in issuing his order to dismiss the case, gave no further details.Read [ Yet Another Risperdal Lawsuit Tossed in Philadelphia ]
April 27, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Los Angeles, CA: A transvaginal mesh lawsuit that has gone through a plethora of twists and turns akin to a country road appears to be in the final stages of resolution after a federal judge in California gave the thumbs-up to a proposed $12.25 million settlement. Upwards of 2,710 class members will share in $10.58 million, with the remainder going to attorney’s fees and costs.Read [ Complicated TVM Mesh Lawsuit Settles ]
April 23, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Atlanta, GA: Many an artificial hip manufacturer is embroiled in lawsuits alleging hip replacement implant failure. Accolade, Smith and Nephew, DePuy, and Stryker are but a few examples of the manufacturers commonly referenced in litigation involving failed implants, including the now vilified metal-on-metal implants.Read [ Odd Ruling in Hip Implant Failure Lawsuit? ]
- Zimmer Biomet Shoulder—Shocking Surprises By Jane Mundy (Apr-22-17)
- Implanon Lawsuits Still in Court One Year After FDA Warning Label Update By Deb Hipp (Apr-21-17)
- Pharmaceuticals Fast-Tracked to Market through Little-Known FDA Protocol By Gordon Gibb (Apr-20-17)
- Recent Study Suggests Endoscope Infection Escapes Even Rigorous Cleaning By Gordon Gibb (Apr-20-17)
- Lead Poisoning Still Happens By Brenda Craig (Apr-19-17)
- Will Federal Deregulation make it Easier for Plaintiffs to Sue over Defective Catheters? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-19-17)
- $55M Personal Injury Verdict Against Honda Stands By Lucy Campbell (Apr-19-17)
- Power Morcellation Suits Wrap Up but Doctors Still Like Procedure By Brenda Craig (Apr-18-17)
- FDA Warns Against Off Label Angioplasty Treatment Known as TVAM By Brenda Craig (Apr-17-17)
- Australian Researchers Urge Sharing Data On Contaminated Medical Devices By Deb Hipp (Apr-17-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Global Roundup: Sensational, Scandal and Settlement By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-17)
- Airbag Lawsuits Dismissed as Parties Try to Work Out Settlement By Deb Hipp (Apr-17-17)
- Federal Eliquis Blood Thinner Lawsuits Assigned to New York, State Suits Pending By Gordon Gibb (Apr-17-17)
- Prilosec Kidney Damage Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-17)
- Power Morcellators Fast-Tracked Through FDA 510(k) Clearance By Gordon Gibb (Apr-16-17)
- Stryker Hip Implant Lawsuits Head to Boston Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Apr-15-17)
- Invokana Lawsuits Keep Trickling In By Gordon Gibb (Apr-15-17)
- Another New Study Links Hair-Loss Treatment Propecia to Sexual Dysfunction By Deb Hipp (Apr-13-17)
- IVC Filter Manufacturer Sued Over IVC Filter Death By Gordon Gibb (Apr-12-17)
- Defendants on Philadelphia Xarelto Mass Tort Seek Disclosure of Third-Party Funding By Gordon Gibb (Apr-11-17)
- 3M Bair Hugger Blanket Bellwether Cases Chosen for Trial By Lucy Campbell (Apr-11-17)
- Missouri Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Could Go to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Apr-11-17)
- Mounting Essure Lawsuits Amount to Decline in Bayer’s Sales By Jane Mundy (Apr-10-17)
- Makers of Eliquis Ask the Court to Stop Sale of Generic Version By Deb Hipp (Apr-9-17)
- Allegations of Corruption: Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit Plaintiffs By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Defendant in Shingles Vaccine Lawsuit Wants Case Removed to Federal Court By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Latest Risperdal Trial Restarted After Health Emergency Resulted in a Mistrial By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Science Day Scheduled For Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Apr-7-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Recipient has More Pain after Hernia Surgery By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-17)
- The Added Cost of Abilify By Jane Mundy (Apr-5-17)
- Three implants, Two Revisions, One Chance Left By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-17)
- In the Absence of Causal Effect, Viagra and Cialis Melanoma Lawsuits Keep Coming By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-17)
- E-cigarettes Exploding Batteries Behave like Flaming Rockets By Deb Hipp (Apr-3-17)
- Takata Airbag Injury Plaintiff Almost Lost an Ear, Could Have Been Worse By Gordon Gibb (Apr-1-17)
- Latest Study Suggests AndroGel Increases Arterial Plaque in Older Men By Gordon Gibb (Mar-31-17)
- Zip-Line Injuries On the Rise By Lucy Campbell (Mar-29-17)
- California Women Suffers Permanent Hair Loss after Taxotere Chemo – Suit Claims By Brenda Craig (Mar-29-17)
- New Lawsuit Claims Drug Manufacturers Failed to Warn of Risks of Diabetes Medication By Deb Hipp (Mar-28-17)
- Plaintiff Asserts Eliquis Side Effects Left her with Permanent Injuries By Gordon Gibb (Mar-27-17)
- Woman Claims She Suffered Injuries from Shingles Vaccine By Deb Hipp (Mar-27-17)