LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONDefective Products
Legal News Articles - Defective Products
June 6, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Hackensack, NJ: The calendar ticking over to a new month coincided with the release of a decision by the New Jersey Supreme Court approving the consolidation of all pending and future state-based hip replacement implant failure lawsuits against Howmedica Osteonics Corp. within multicounty legislation. Howmedica is a subsidiary of Stryker Corp., and the products involved are described as LFIT Anatomic Cobalt Chromium V40 femoral heads.Read [ State-Based Stryker Hip Implant Failure Lawsuits Consolidated in New Jersey ]
June 6, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Waltham, MA: A merger originally gone bad between two medical device manufacturers, since rescued, sheds some light into previous problems Alere Inc. has had with its measuring devices and, specifically the INRatio blood monitoring system. Various plaintiffs embroiled in an INRatio lawsuit allege the expensive monitoring device was inaccurate, flawed and not safe for all patients.Read [ Merger Deal between Device Manufacturers Reveals Device Shortcomings ]
June 5, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Washington, DC:Four federal talcum powder cancer lawsuits from two states claiming that Johnson & Johnson's talcum products caused ovarian cancer have been transferred to a multidistrict litigation in New Jersey.Read [ More Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Lawsuits Transferred to New Jersey MDL ]
June 5, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: The FDA warns that M. chimaera infection may take months or even years to develop. Ironically, after sitting on reports of infection associated with the Stockert 3T heater-cooler system and similar systems during open chest surgeries, it takes the agency months or years to warn the public.Read [ Is the FDA Doing Enough to Prevent Stockert 3T Heater-Cooling Device Infection? ]
June 4, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Sydney, Australia: Transvaginal mesh side effects have been getting a lot of ink in Australia of late, both for transvaginal mesh (TVM) itself and for abdominal surgical mesh used for hernia repairs, but with side effects not dissimilar to TVM mesh.Read [ Heartbreaking Stories Abound Surrounding Surgical Mesh ]
June 3, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
New Orleans, LA: A Louisiana multidistrict litigation (MDL) that began in 2016 with less than three dozen transferred Taxotere lawsuits has now swelled to more than a thousand pending cases.Read [ Number of Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation Cases Surpass 1,100 ]
June 2, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: When it comes to assessing where a manufacturer is with pending litigation, there’s no better source than with the manufacturer itself. To that end, C.R. Bard released details concerning the current state of affairs over IVC filter lawsuits as part of its Form 10-K report that provides a snapshot of the company at the end of its fiscal year, December 31, 2016.Read [ C.R. Bard Shares IVC Filter Lawsuit Update with SEC ]
June 1, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Birmingham, AL The number of men alleging they developed melanoma after taking Viagra is on the increase.Read [ MDL Plaintiffs Increasing in Alleged Viagra Melanoma Connection Lawsuit ]
June 1, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Miami, FL: Airbag injuries suffered by unsuspecting victims are frustrating enough when caused by a safety device designed to protect, rather than injure. The massive Takata airbag recall involving millions of vehicles is the most widely-cited example of the problem. However a lesser-known issue, but one just as compelling involve used airbags and recycled airbags that have the capability of injuring, or causing death.Read [ The Growing Concern over Recalled Airbags in Used Car Repairs ]
June 1, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Calgary, AB: An Abilify lawsuit seeking class action status involving hundreds of Canadians has been filed in Calgary.Read [ Canadian Abilify Lawsuit ]
- Defective Hip Implant Makers Busy with Recalls, Lawsuits and Settlements By Jane Mundy (May-31-17)
- Deadly Drugs and Devices Report by AAJ is a Must Read for Women By Brenda Craig (May-28-17)
- Claims against Xarelto Due to Be Tested in Court Again By Brenda Craig (May-28-17)
- Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Nets $2.16 Million for Pen Argyl Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (May-28-17)
- Zimmer-Biomet Shoulder: Buyer (Patient and Surgeon) Beware By Jane Mundy (May-25-17)
- Woman Claims She Suffered Kidney Injuries from Taking Acid Reflux Medications By Deb Hipp (May-24-17)
- Generic Docetaxel Inclusion in Taxotere MDL Significant Departure By Brenda Craig (May-24-17)
- Talcum Powder Timeframe: From Scientific Studies to Safety Concerns to Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (May-23-17)
- Risperdal Victims Candid Photographs Speak Volumes By Jane Mundy (May-23-17)
- South Carolina Stockert 3T Lawsuits Won't Head to MDL By Deb Hipp (May-22-17)
- Ongoing Efforts to Improve Endoscope Disinfection May not be Enough By Gordon Gibb (May-21-17)
- Judge Awards $2 Million Verdict in Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit By Deb Hipp (May-21-17)
- Catheter Injury Lawsuits following Catheter Recalls By Jane Mundy (May-20-17)
- Angioplasty TVAM, Doctors and the FDA By Jane Mundy (May-19-17)
- Class Action Lawsuit Over Lead in School Drinking Water By Gordon Gibb (May-19-17)
- $553M in Settlements Reached with Toyota, Subaru, Mazda and BMW in Takata Airbag MDL By Lucy Campbell (May-18-17)
- Attorney Max Kennerly Takes Sides against Essure By Brenda Craig (May-18-17)
- Invokana to Get Black-Box Warning over Amputation Risk By Gordon Gibb (May-18-17)
- Eliquis Lawsuit Reveals Manufacturers Face Restrictions on Label Changes By Gordon Gibb (May-17-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Tossed on Appeal By Gordon Gibb (May-15-17)
- Taxotere Hair Loss Patients Speak Out Over the Fallout By Gordon Gibb (May-15-17)
- $20M Verdict Awarded in Third Ethicon TVT Mesh Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (May-15-17)
- Additional Plaintiffs Join Bravelle Class Action By Deb Hipp (May-15-17)
- Victim with Broken Wrist Blames Airbag and Hand Grip By Jane Mundy (May-14-17)
- Woman's Skin Melts Off From Stevens-Johnson Syndrome By Deb Hipp (May-13-17)
- $4 Million Mesothelioma Plaintiff Verdict Upheld on Appeal By Gordon Gibb (May-13-17)
- Supreme Court Won't Review GM's Appeal For Protection Against Ignition Switch Lawsuits By Deb Hipp (May-12-17)
- Airbag Injuries and Defective Airbags Getting More Complicated By Gordon Gibb (May-12-17)
- First Xarelto Bellwether Trial Goes to the Defense By Gordon Gibb (May-12-17)
- Propecia Finasteride Side Effects Can be Hair Raising By Gordon Gibb (May-11-17)
- $110 Million Talc Verdict Comes Down in Favor of Plaintiff By Brenda Craig (May-10-17)
- Recalled Airbags Being Recycled in Crash-Affected Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (May-10-17)
- Ovarian Cancer Survivor Blames Power Morcellator By Jane Mundy (May-9-17)
- Saxagliptin Heart Failure and Death Lawsuits Filed By Lucy Campbell (May-9-17)
- Testosterone Gels Get a Failing Grade in More Ways Than One By Gordon Gibb (May-9-17)
- Canada Concerned about Abdominal Hernia Mesh—and the 501k Process By Jane Mundy (May-8-17)
- Monsanto Hit with Yet Another Lawsuit Over Roundup By Gordon Gibb (May-8-17)
- Benicar Illness and Weight Loss Lawsuit Witnesses Must Produce Records By Gordon Gibb (May-7-17)
- Lawsuits Mount for Stryker Over Allegedly Failed Medical Devices By Gordon Gibb (May-7-17)
- $110M Verdict Against J&J In Talc Cancer Trial By Lucy Campbell (May-5-17)