Legal News Articles - Defective Products
June 1, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Calgary, AB: An Abilify lawsuit seeking class action status involving hundreds of Canadians has been filed in Calgary.Read [ Canadian Abilify Lawsuit ]
May 31, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: With countless recalls of defective hip implants, hip implant recipients are likely wondering when , rather than if, their device will fail.Read [ Defective Hip Implant Makers Busy with Recalls, Lawsuits and Settlements ]
May 28, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Washington, D.C. The American Association of Justice’s (AAJ) review of 150 years of drugs and devices offered to ostensibly improve or protect the health of women, sometimes with devastating even deadly results, is a well-researched, informative and sometimes oddly entertaining read.Read [ Deadly Drugs and Devices Report by AAJ is a Must Read for Women ]
May 28, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
New Orleans, LA On May 30, 2017, a courtroom in New Orleans will hear testimony for another major bell weather case involving the controversial blood thinner drug Xarelto and the late Sharyn Orr from Kenner, Louisiana.Read [ Claims against Xarelto Due to Be Tested in Court Again ]
May 28, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: Pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson has just lost its fourth surgical mesh lawsuit after a jury in Philadelphia just this past Friday returned a verdict of $2.16 million against Johnson & Johnson (J&J) and its subsidiary Ethicon Women’s Health and Urology (Ethicon). The fourth loss for the defendants in as many trials signals, say pundits, a trend in lawsuits alleging surgical mesh complications.Read [ Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Nets $2.16 Million for Pen Argyl Plaintiff ]
May 25, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Minneapolis, MN: Shoulder replacement surgery is a well-established and should be a straightforward procedure, unless your orthopedic surgeon is implanting a Zimmer Biomet shoulder that has failed and you are unfortunate to have one or two of the 3,600 implants that have been recalled.Read [ Zimmer-Biomet Shoulder: Buyer (Patient and Surgeon) Beware ]
May 24, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Alabama:An Alabama woman is suing the makers of the popular proton pump inhibitor (PPI) medications Nexium, Prilosec and Prevacid for kidney-related injuries she claims she suffered after taking the products.Read [ Woman Claims She Suffered Kidney Injuries from Taking Acid Reflux Medications ]
May 24, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Philadelphia, PA Eight Manufacturers of a generic form of Taxotere known as Docetaxel are also being included in the ongoing MDL in U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana (New Orleans). As a result, more women will likely join the approximately 1,000 women already involved in the litigation.Read [ Generic Docetaxel Inclusion in Taxotere MDL Significant Departure ]
May 23, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
St. Louis, MO: A timeframe shows talcum powder--its origins, and later its link to ovarian cancer, from the late 1800s to the present fifth talcum powder lawsuit in St. Louis, and the fourth jury verdict for the plaintiff. The editorial staff at LawyersandSettlements.com were curious as to how a beloved, trusted personal care product came to be the target of current litigation. What follows is the story, through key events, of how things evolved.Read [ Talcum Powder Timeframe: From Scientific Studies to Safety Concerns to Lawsuits ]
May 23, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Detroit, MI: Most jurors in Risperdal trials are likely sympathetic and at the same time shocked to discover how boys who developed female breasts have suffered. The public are likely reacting the same way after seeing a photo project online titled “Risperdal Boys”.Read [ Risperdal Victims Candid Photographs Speak Volumes ]
- South Carolina Stockert 3T Lawsuits Won't Head to MDL By Deb Hipp (May-22-17)
- Ongoing Efforts to Improve Endoscope Disinfection May not be Enough By Gordon Gibb (May-21-17)
- Judge Awards $2 Million Verdict in Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit By Deb Hipp (May-21-17)
- Catheter Injury Lawsuits following Catheter Recalls By Jane Mundy (May-20-17)
- Angioplasty TVAM, Doctors and the FDA By Jane Mundy (May-19-17)
- Class Action Lawsuit Over Lead in School Drinking Water By Gordon Gibb (May-19-17)
- $553M in Settlements Reached with Toyota, Subaru, Mazda and BMW in Takata Airbag MDL By Lucy Campbell (May-18-17)
- Attorney Max Kennerly Takes Sides against Essure By Brenda Craig (May-18-17)
- Invokana to Get Black-Box Warning over Amputation Risk By Gordon Gibb (May-18-17)
- Eliquis Lawsuit Reveals Manufacturers Face Restrictions on Label Changes By Gordon Gibb (May-17-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Tossed on Appeal By Gordon Gibb (May-15-17)
- Taxotere Hair Loss Patients Speak Out Over the Fallout By Gordon Gibb (May-15-17)
- $20M Verdict Awarded in Third Ethicon TVT Mesh Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (May-15-17)
- Additional Plaintiffs Join Bravelle Class Action By Deb Hipp (May-15-17)
- Victim with Broken Wrist Blames Airbag and Hand Grip By Jane Mundy (May-14-17)
- Woman's Skin Melts Off From Stevens-Johnson Syndrome By Deb Hipp (May-13-17)
- $4 Million Mesothelioma Plaintiff Verdict Upheld on Appeal By Gordon Gibb (May-13-17)
- Supreme Court Won't Review GM's Appeal For Protection Against Ignition Switch Lawsuits By Deb Hipp (May-12-17)
- Airbag Injuries and Defective Airbags Getting More Complicated By Gordon Gibb (May-12-17)
- First Xarelto Bellwether Trial Goes to the Defense By Gordon Gibb (May-12-17)
- Propecia Finasteride Side Effects Can be Hair Raising By Gordon Gibb (May-11-17)
- $110 Million Talc Verdict Comes Down in Favor of Plaintiff By Brenda Craig (May-10-17)
- Recalled Airbags Being Recycled in Crash-Affected Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (May-10-17)
- Ovarian Cancer Survivor Blames Power Morcellator By Jane Mundy (May-9-17)
- Saxagliptin Heart Failure and Death Lawsuits Filed By Lucy Campbell (May-9-17)
- Testosterone Gels Get a Failing Grade in More Ways Than One By Gordon Gibb (May-9-17)
- Canada Concerned about Abdominal Hernia Mesh—and the 501k Process By Jane Mundy (May-8-17)
- Monsanto Hit with Yet Another Lawsuit Over Roundup By Gordon Gibb (May-8-17)
- Benicar Illness and Weight Loss Lawsuit Witnesses Must Produce Records By Gordon Gibb (May-7-17)
- Lawsuits Mount for Stryker Over Allegedly Failed Medical Devices By Gordon Gibb (May-7-17)
- $110M Verdict Against J&J In Talc Cancer Trial By Lucy Campbell (May-5-17)
- Why was US Warned about Abilify Gambling Risk Four Years after Europe? By Jane Mundy (May-5-17)
- Risperdal Lawsuit Plaintiff Up for a Third Try By Gordon Gibb (May-4-17)
- Health Canada Equally Concerned About IVC Filter Side Effects By Gordon Gibb (May-3-17)
- California Attorney Stands Up for Consumer Rights and Class Action Suits By Brenda Craig (May-3-17)
- Stockert 3T Not the Only Heater-Cooler Unit Associated with Infection discovered Years Ago By Jane Mundy (May-2-17)
- INRatio Proposed Class Action Settled Before Alere Lawsuit Could Proceed By Gordon Gibb (May-1-17)
- Airbag in Salvaged Used Car Explodes in Minor Crash By Deb Hipp (May-1-17)
- Claims of Pressure Cooker Explosion Injuries May Prompt Lawsuits By Deb Hipp (May-1-17)
- Round 5: Talcum Powder Plaintiffs versus Johnson & Johnson By Jane Mundy (May-1-17)