Legal News Articles - Defective Products
August 11, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC:Saxagliptin lawsuit plaintiffs just got a big victory. The fact that they can sue in California courts under California law will affect whether and how much they can recover for the injuries they have suffered.Read [ California Saxagliptin Lawsuit Plaintiffs Score Big Procedural Win ]
August 10, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Houston, TX Users of the blood pressure medication Benicar will receive an estimated average payout of $100,000 each in a settlement deal reached with Diiachi Sankyo and Forest Laboratories. The company admits no liability but agreed to pay compensation plaintiffs to some individuals who experienced gastrointestinal problems after using the medication.Read [ Deadline Set in $300 Million Settlement in Benicar Lawsuit – Short Window! ]
August 9, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
New Orleans, LA: This is Frank’s story about his son Frankie, who was prescribed Risperdal to treat ADHD when he 11 years old. (Risperdal is frequently prescribed off-label for uses not approved by the FDA.) By the time Frankie was 16, he had developed “female boobs” or gynecomastia. Frank’s son was incarcerated at 18 years of age and he will be eligible for parole in three years, when he is 29 years old.Read [ Father Worries about his Incarcerated Son with Risperdal “Female Boobs” ]
August 9, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Vancouver, BC: I drive a Subaru because it consistently gets top marks in safety from Consumers Reports and the insurance industry. It constantly gets "top safety pick” by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. And it looks good. But all these years that I’ve been driving a Subaru, it never occurred to me that there was a risk of airbag injury.Read [ Airbag Recall: My Subaru Passengers in the Back Seat ]
August 8, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: A drug indicated for the treatment of type 2 diabetes already carries warnings for compelling adverse reactions including a heightened risk for lower limb amputations, kidney failure, diabetic ketoacidosis and cardiovascular injuries. To that end, the FDA warns of fracture risk with Invokana and Invokamet. Yet in spite of such serious side effects associated with Invokana (canagliflozin) and Invokamet (canagliflozin and metformin), the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved, last year an expanded indication for Invokamet.Read [ Are Risk of Invokana and Invokamet Bone Fractures a Sign of Fractured Regulations? ]
August 7, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Chicago, IL: Various issues that have come to the fore in recent months appear to be taking some of the focus away from Monsanto Roundup lawsuits for the time being, although the respite is likely only to be temporary. Indeed, increased crosstalk focused on the pending merger between Monsanto and Bayer AG of Germany and recent lawsuits against Monsanto over employment practices does not venture far from concerns over glyphosate and continuing fears over associations with cancer.Read [ Monsanto to Merge with Bayer, While Still Facing Hurdles ]
August 7, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: The number of women who have suffered Mirena IUD complications is unknown. Some women can associate problems such as cramping and infection to the birth control device because Bayer has listed such side effects on its label. But others may have developed more serious, unexplained problems.Read [ Why Mirena IUD implants are on the Rise ]
August 5, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: Towards the end of May plaintiffs embroiled in some 18,000 Xarelto lawsuits consolidated in multidistrict litigation were pushing back against a move by defendants Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Janssen, a division of Johnson & Johnson) and Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Bayer) to escape claims that relied on allegations plaintiffs had previously dropped.Read [ Xarelto Seeking FDA Approval for Lower Dosage While Litigation Posturing Continues ]
August 5, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC:Alicea et al v. DePuy Orthopaedics Inc. et al, the fourth bellwether defective hip implant lawsuit involving DePuy’s Pinnacle Ultamet implant will go to trial on September 5, 2017 in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.Read [ Another DePuy Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit Heads to Trial ]
August 5, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Camden, NJ: When the manufacturers and marketers of Benicar agreed to the $300 million settlement to resolve state and federal Benicar lawsuits, they did so while admitting no liability for any wrongdoing, and maintaining their position that claims have no merit.Read [ Inside the $300 Million Benicar Settlement ]
- Defense Win in Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Reversed By Gordon Gibb (Aug-3-17)
- Mother and Nurses Blame Catheter for Baby’s Death By Jane Mundy (Aug-3-17)
- $300M Benicar Settlement Reached By Lucy Campbell (Aug-3-17)
- Abilify Victim Gambled away Student Loan and More… By Jane Mundy (Aug-2-17)
- Hip Replacement and Cobalt Poisoning misdiagnosed as Alzheimer's By Jane Mundy (Aug-1-17)
- Actemra Arthritis Medication Suspected in Over a Thousand Deaths By Gordon Gibb (Aug-1-17)
- Women Speak Out About Essure Health Problems By Lucy Campbell (Jul-31-17)
- Study Finds That Heater-Cooler Devices Used in Surgery Could Be Contaminated By Deb Hipp (Jul-29-17)
- Toxic Talc Trial Begins in California By Jane Mundy (Jul-29-17)
- Canadian Manufacturer of Anti-Abuse OxyContin Bioequivalent Seeks FDA Approval By Gordon Gibb (Jul-28-17)
- Kentucky Supreme Court Upholds Appellate Ruling, IVC Filter Lawsuit Can Proceed By Gordon Gibb (Jul-28-17)
- Recycled Airbags Can be Checked, but Most Aren’t By Gordon Gibb (Jul-27-17)
- Mixed Metals at Core of Stryker LFIT V40 Hip Implants By Brenda Craig (Jul-27-17)
- Not-Ready-for-Market Herbicide Kills Farmers’ Crops By Brenda Craig (Jul-26-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Agony and Advice By Jane Mundy (Jul-26-17)
- Viagra/Cialis and Melanoma: Jury is Still Out By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-17)
- Risperdal Now the Fastest-Growing Mass Tort Program By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-17)
- Another Catheter Recalled By Jane Mundy (Jul-23-17)
- California Software Company Sues Competitors Over Use of Employment Agreements By Deb Hipp (Jul-22-17)
- Onglyza, Kombiglyze Maintain Risks in Spite of Dismissed Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Jul-22-17)
- ED-530XT Duodenoscopes Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Jul-21-17)
- Improvements in Cleaning Endoscopes Still not Universally Implemented: Study By Gordon Gibb (Jul-21-17)
- Class Action St. Jude Medical Lawsuit Launched in Canada, Seeks $800 Million By Gordon Gibb (Jul-19-17)
- Illinois Fights Opioid Crisis with Class Action Suit By Brenda Craig (Jul-19-17)
- Medtronic Knew About Deficiencies, Lawsuit Says By Gordon Gibb (Jul-18-17)
- Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation May Remand Some Cases to State Courts By Deb Hipp (Jul-18-17)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Withdrawn from Market, Never Formally Recalled By Gordon Gibb (Jul-17-17)
- Eliquis Lawsuit Alleges Wrongful Death, Product Misrepresentation By Gordon Gibb (Jul-16-17)
- Automakers Agree to Compensate Takata Airbag Recall Consumers By Deb Hipp (Jul-15-17)
- Supreme Court Ruling May Affect Talcum Powder Lawsuit Claims By Deb Hipp (Jul-13-17)
- Essure Sales Decline as Complaints Increase and ObGyn Tips for Removal By Jane Mundy (Jul-13-17)
- One Year after Blockbuster Risperdal Gynecomastia Award, Lawsuits Now Top 20,000 By Gordon Gibb (Jul-11-17)
- Power Morcellation Cancer Warning One Year Too Late for Doctor By Jane Mundy (Jul-10-17)
- Monsanto Loses Bid to Delay Placement of Roundup on Unflattering List By Gordon Gibb (Jul-8-17)
- Second Bellwether Xarelto Lawsuit Goes to Defendant, All Eyes on Third By Gordon Gibb (Jul-8-17)
- New Study Suggests Popular Heartburn Drugs Associated With a Higher Risk of Death By Deb Hipp (Jul-7-17)
- Taxotere Hair Loss: Are Doctors Forthright with their Patients as to Risk? By Gordon Gibb (Jul-6-17)
- Concern over Rates of Depression amongst Propecia Sexual Dysfunction Patients By Gordon Gibb (Jul-6-17)
- Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Lawsuit Filed By Lucy Campbell (Jul-5-17)
- Eli Lilly & Co. Testosterone Bellwether Trials Scheduled for 2018 By Gordon Gibb (Jul-4-17)