LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONDefective Products
Legal News Articles - Defective Products
October 9, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Chicago, IL: The second bellwether testosterone lawsuit in testosterone multidistrict litigation ended in similar fashion to the first: a sizeable punitive damages award, together with a jury finding that defendant AbbVie Inc. was not liable for heart issues suffered by the plaintiffs in the respective trials.Read [ Second Testosterone Bellwether Lawsuit Wraps in Illinois ]
October 9, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC: The complaint in the ASEA/AFSCME Local 52 Health Benefits Trust defective St Jude cardiac defibrillator lawsuit contains shocking new allegations. The fact-finding that follows may give patients the information they need to seek redress.Read [ Were Defective St. Jude Cardiac Defibrillators Implanted Even After Recall? ]
October 9, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC: While patient lawsuits have focused on the danger of heart failure as a Saxagliptin side effect, the risk of pancreatic cancer may be flying under the radar. It can be just as deadly, and research suggests a link between Saxagliptin and the disease.Read [ Add Pancreatic Cancer to Your List of Saxagliptin Worries ]
October 8, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: When the Fetch 2 Aspiration Catheter was originally launched by Bayer Medical Care Inc., (Bayer), there was no shortage of platitudes which, sometime later presented as a stark contrast to the eventual global recall that resulted in many a lawsuit amidst allegations of defective catheters causing injury.Read [ The Recalled Fetch 2 Aspiration Catheter Received FDA 510(k) Clearance ]
October 7, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
San Francisco, CA: Over 250 Monsanto Roundup lawsuits are pending in U.S. District Court in San Francisco, and about 1,100 complaints filed in state courts, all filed by people claiming that they, or their loved ones, developed non-Hodgkin lymphoma and that Monsanto covered up the risks. And court documents do indeed indicate a Monsanto cover-up.Read [ Monsanto’s Roundup Cancer Lawsuits Reveal Cover-Up and the Monsanto Plot Thickens… ]
October 7, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Los Angeles, CA: Industry giant AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals has been hit with another bellwether lawsuit alleging its blockbuster antacid product known as Nexium caused permanent kidney damage in a man from Maryland as a result of using the medication.Read [ Plaintiff Alleges Nexium Caused Kidney Problems ]
October 3, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
London, UK: An exhaustive story in The Guardian (08/31/17) sheds some interesting sidelights into transvaginal mesh side effects, an issue that has proven to mushroom in size and breadth since the advent of transvaginal mesh, or TVM mesh repair for various health issues affecting a wide cross section of women at middle age. The number of plaintiffs having filed a transvaginal mesh lawsuit has mushroomed in kind: The Guardian reports that no fewer than 100,000 lawsuits have been filed in the US alone by women alleging TVM mesh complications.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh “Like Being Cut with a Cheese Wire” ]
October 2, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: When the Smith & Nephew Journey Deuce Bi-Compartmental Knee System was introduced in 2007, it was billed as “a new, innovative solution that may give nearly 70% (sic) of all patients receiving a total knee replacement a more minimally invasive, bone and ligament preserving treatment alternative,” so stated a press release issued by the manufacturer on July 9, 2007. Would such platitudes, three years ahead of a knee replacement failure recall, placate any plaintiff filing a Smith & Nephew lawsuit?Read [ Smith & Nephew Defective Knee Replacements Under the Microscope ]
October 2, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Despite exhaustive studies that found an increased risk of amputation among Invokana diabetes patients, Janssen Pharmaceuticals has published its own version of research.Read [ New Invokana Research (Funded by Manufacturer) Disputes Earlier Studies Showing Amputation Risk ]
September 30, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Los Angeles, CA: On September 15, 2017, Johnson & Johnson (J&J) filed a Motion for Judgment Notwithstanding the Verdict (JNOV) in the Echeverria talcum powder lawsuit . This is in addition to a motion for a new trial.Read [ J&J Seeks Judgment Notwithstanding the Verdict in Talcum Powder Lawsuit ]
- Mesothelioma Lawsuit Jury Verdict Goes to Plaintiff for $12.9 Million By Gordon Gibb (Sep-30-17)
- Opioid Epidemic Lawsuits Filed Nationwide while Big Pharma Makes Big Profits By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-17)
- St. Jude Battery Failure, Delayed Recall and it all comes down to Money By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-17)
- Why so many Catheters Recalled? By Jane Mundy (Sep-27-17)
- Victim told Transvaginal Mesh would make her “Feel like a 16-year-old Virgin” By Jane Mundy (Sep-26-17)
- Takata Airbag Recalls in China, Dorado Airbag Injury Lawsuit Filed in Nevada By Gordon Gibb (Sep-26-17)
- Bayer Pulls Essure Birth Control Device From All Countries Except US By Lucy Campbell (Sep-26-17)
- Recent Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit Targets Alleged Marketing Violations By Gordon Gibb (Sep-23-17)
- Insurers Seek Compensation from St. Jude’s Medical in Class Action Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Sep-22-17)
- Actemra: Failure to Warn By Jane Mundy (Sep-22-17)
- Three Strikes after Depuy Synthes Attune Knee, First Lawsuit is Filed By Jane Mundy (Sep-21-17)
- Law Firms Watching Actemra Story By Brenda Craig (Sep-20-17)
- Talcum Powder Trials: Sympathy versus Science? By Jane Mundy (Sep-19-17)
- Olympus Tagged with Partial Liability in Endoscope Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Sep-19-17)
- Infusion Pumps, Medtronic SynchroMed among Them, Remain Under Scrutiny By Gordon Gibb (Sep-18-17)
- Children Infected by Stockert 3T Surgical Device at New Orleans Children’s Hospital By Anne Wallace (Sep-18-17)
- Sexual Dysfunction was Always There, but the Conversation Changed with Propecia By Gordon Gibb (Sep-18-17)
- Risperdal Judge Explains Reasons for Denying Janssen a New Trial By Gordon Gibb (Sep-17-17)
- Benicar Settlement Will Have No Material Financial Impact to Daiichi Sankyo By Gordon Gibb (Sep-17-17)
- Hurricane Flooding Ups Risk of Airbag Injuries By Anne Wallace (Sep-16-17)
- Surgical Mesh Manufacturer to Appeal Revival of Mesh Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Sep-14-17)
- Irish TVM Manufacturer Announces Settlement Pool worth $775 Million By Gordon Gibb (Sep-13-17)
- Revisiting Study Finding Higher Perforation Rates for Cook Celect IVC Filter By Gordon Gibb (Sep-12-17)
- Did Sanofi-Aventis Have a Duty to Warn Patients about Permanent Hair Loss? By Anne Wallace (Sep-12-17)
- FDA Clears Bair Hugger for Post-Surgical Use By Lucy Campbell (Sep-12-17)
- Risperdal Plaintiff Green Lighted to Pursue Risperdal Lawsuit in New York By Gordon Gibb (Sep-11-17)
- Faulty St. Jude Riata Defibrillator Leads Eyed for Link to Heart Infections By Anne Wallace (Sep-11-17)
- Tristar Pressure Cooker Company and Texas Couple Reach Settlement By Brenda Craig (Sep-10-17)
- Coming Unglued – DePuy Synthes Attune Buckles at the Knees By Anne Wallace (Sep-9-17)
- $57.1M Ethicon TVT Secur Mesh Verdict Awarded By Lucy Campbell (Sep-8-17)
- Florida Man Died from his Airbag Injuries in 2016 By Gordon Gibb (Sep-7-17)
- Despite Concerns over Onglyza, FDA Keeps Going Back to the Trough By Gordon Gibb (Sep-6-17)
- Testosterone Lawsuits Begin, Outcomes Split By Gordon Gibb (Sep-5-17)
- Are Benicar Generics Flying Under the Radar? By Anne Wallace (Sep-4-17)
- New Jersey Woman Files Mirena Lawsuit Alleging Blurred Vision By Gordon Gibb (Sep-4-17)
- “The Bravelle Clock is Ticking,” Says Canadian Attorney By Jane Mundy (Sep-4-17)
- Study Suggests Abilify Risks Outweigh Benefits By Jane Mundy (Sep-1-17)
- Michigan Widow Files Asbestos Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Aug-31-17)
- New Information Shown to Jury Produced Record Talc Verdict By Brenda Craig (Aug-30-17)
- “The More I Find Out about this Hernia Mesh, the Angrier I Get, “ says Surgical Mesh Victim By Jane Mundy (Aug-29-17)