Legal News Articles - Defective Products
January 7, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Ottawa, ON: Infertility is typically considered a woman’s issue, but three out of 10 cases of infertility are due to problems deriving from the man, according to statistics from Canada’s federal government. Many factors can contribute to male infertility, including Propecia, which is known to affect sperm quality.Read [ Propecia Infertility: Kids Don’t Care if You’re Bald ]
January 6, 2017. By Heidi Turner.
New Orleans, LA: It's only been three months since the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML) consolidated the federal Taxotere lawsuits, but in that time the number of Taxotere claims added to the multidistrict litigation (MDL) has increased dramatically, a sign that women are unhappy about allegedly being put at an increased risk of side effects. Sanofi SA faces allegations it failed to adequately warn women that the hair loss they experienced as a result of the cancer treatment drug could be permanent.Read [ Number of Consolidated Taxotere Lawsuits Jumps ]
January 6, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: A $13.7 million judgement in favor of a plaintiff who has sued Johnson & Johnson’s subsidiary Ethicon, over injuries related to Ethicon's mid-urethral sling device, should not be reversed on appeal. That’s the opinion of Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Judge Kenneth J. Powell Jr., who is presiding over the case and who wrote "The evidence of defendant-appellant's wanton and willful disregard for plaintiff adequately supported the jury's award of punitive damages."Read [ $13.7M Ethicon Vaginal Mesh Award Should Stand ]
January 6, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Orleans, LA: The massive Xarelto lawsuit portfolio, currently with almost 14,000 cases pending in multidistrict litigation, will see its first bellwether trial roll out in March with additional bellwethers slated for April and May. Plaintiffs allege that Xarelto, a blood thinner, triggered Xarelto bleeding complications without benefit of an available antidote to reverse the blood thinning properties of the anticoagulant.Read [ First Xarelto Bellwether Trial Due in March, Others to Follow in 2017 ]
January 6, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: 2017 is shaping up to be a landmark year for Takata Corp. and lawsuits alleging airbag injuries. The sheer magnitude of the defective airbags recall, the unavailability of replacement parts and Takata’s financial health (reported to be tenuous), combines to create a portfolio of interest likely to wane little as the year unfolds.Read [ 2017 Expected to be a Landmark Year for Airbag Injury Litigation ]
January 6, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
St. Louis, MO: Johnson & Johnson last year was hit with three talcum powder cancer lawsuits, making the jury verdicts in St. Louis a combined $197 million. Judging from the drug company’s continued legal woes, it appears that these settlements may simply be the cost of doing business.Read [ J&J’s Cost of Defending its Talcum Powder is Rising ]
January 4, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Hartford, CT: Even though Pradaxa and a competitor were brought to market as an easier-to-manage alternative to warfarin, previously the gold standard for blood thinning, no one disputes the fact that all anti-coagulants carry a risk for bleeding events. However, it is alleged in Pradaxa lawsuits that some blood thinners carry a greater risk for bleeding events than others.Read [ Pradaxa Lawsuits Allege Pradaxa Bleeding Risk, Insufficient Warnings ]
January 4, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Story of Failed DePuy Hip Replacement Devices “Shocking” says Lawyer ]
New York, NY Truth remains supreme in the courtrooms of America and the facts revealed in the recent litigation against Johnson & Johnson and its subsidiary DePuy Orthopaedics Inc. tell a “shocking” story of “fraud and conspiracy”, says attorney Jayne Conroy from the firm of Simmons Hanly Conroy of New York.
January 3, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Georgetown, DE: An Alere lawsuit filed by former suitor Abbott Laboratories Inc. (Abbott) over a proposed merger is, for the moment, redirecting attention away from the failed INRatio measuring device that was recalled in July. The recalled product nonetheless has a role in the recent performance of Alere Inc. (Alere) that has prompted Abbott to back away. This, in spite of recent assurances from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that any failings of the Alere INRatio device had no bearing on the relationship between warfarin (Coumadin) and Xarelto (rivaroxaban), and the subsequent approval of the latter.Read [ Alere Inc. In Tough over Recalled INRatio, Abbott Merger in Jeopardy ]
January 2, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA:In the wake of recent research, more lawsuits are being filed against Monsanto claiming its weedkiller Roundup causes cancer. And California’s Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) has likely added one more nail to Roundup’s coffin.Read [ More Evidence Linking Monsanto’s Roundup to Cancer ]
- More Benicar Generics Poised for US Market, Benicar Lawsuits Keep Coming By Gordon Gibb (Jan-1-17)
- “I Could Be a Ticking Time Bomb,” says IVC Filter Patient By Jane Mundy (Dec-31-16)
- Risperdal for Kids Reaps Big Bucks—but for how long? By Jane Mundy (Dec-29-16)
- Was the FDA Aware of Migration Risk Prior to Implanon Approval? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-29-16)
- Stockert 3T System “No Easy Fix” and the FDA’s Catch-22 By Jane Mundy (Dec-27-16)
- Stryker Hip Settlement Expanded By Heidi Turner (Dec-27-16)
- Will FDA Guidance Help Stem Endoscope Lawsuits Going Forward? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-26-16)
- Ten Long Years: Transvaginal Mesh Victim Finally gets Justice By Jane Mundy (Dec-26-16)
- Wrongful Death Talcum Powder Lawsuit Filed By Heidi Turner (Dec-23-16)
- Surgical Mesh Lawsuit to Proceed By Gordon Gibb (Dec-23-16)
- Taxotere Hair Loss: a Look Back at 2016 By Gordon Gibb (Dec-22-16)
- C.R. Bard Reveals Latest Litigation Cases in SEC Filing By Gordon Gibb (Dec-22-16)
- Airbag Injuries Plaintiff Three Inches From Death Defective Airbag By Gordon Gibb (Dec-21-16)
- Three Points for Alere INRatio Device By Jane Mundy (Dec-21-16)
- Olympus America Attempts a Power Morcellation Comeback By Gordon Gibb (Dec-19-16)
- Implanon Lawsuits Allege Nightmare Situations for Women By Heidi Turner (Dec-19-16)
- J&J and DePuy Looking to Have Qui Tam Pinnacle Lawsuit Dismissed By Gordon Gibb (Dec-17-16)
- 2017 Could Be a Big Year for Bravelle Litigation By Heidi Turner (Dec-16-16)
- Recalls Over Catheter Fragments Increasing, More Manufacturers Involved By Gordon Gibb (Dec-16-16)
- Johnson & Johnson Wins An SJS Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Dec-14-16)
- Johnson & Johnson Ordered to Pay $1 Billion in Hip Replacement Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Dec-13-16)
- Essure Injury Lawsuits Moving Forward By Jane Mundy (Dec-13-16)
- Court Spells Out Bair Hugger Bellwether Trial Timelines By Gordon Gibb (Dec-13-16)
- Updated FDA Review Suggests Link Between Actos and Bladder Cancer By Lucy Campbell (Dec-13-16)
- Taxotere and Cosmetic Prostheses By Jane Mundy (Dec-11-16)
- Latest Bellwether Risperdal Lawsuit Underway in Philadelphia By Gordon Gibb (Dec-10-16)
- More Hospitals, Not FDA, Warn Patients of Stockert 3T Heater Cooler Infection Risk By Jane Mundy (Dec-10-16)
- Judicial Panel Considers Consolidating Invokana Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Dec-10-16)
- Abilify Coast to Coast: “Off-Label” Lawsuit Settles in California, MDL Pending in Florida By Jane Mundy (Dec-9-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Complication Increases with Procedures Performed in Tandem By Gordon Gibb (Dec-9-16)
- Fire Department Sees Two Dehumidifier Fires in Sheboygan By Brenda Craig (Dec-8-16)
- DePuy Pinnacle Plaintiff Received Hip Replacement at 16, Says “Life Ruined” By Gordon Gibb (Dec-8-16)
- Study: Propecia Sexual Dysfunction Worse in Men with Neurobiological Abnormalities By Gordon Gibb (Dec-7-16)
- Salvage Owner Jailed for Asbestos Violations By Gordon Gibb (Dec-6-16)
- Hope For Patients With IVC Filter? By Heidi Turner (Dec-5-16)
- Pradaxa Bleeding Risk Increased With Certain Statins: Study By Gordon Gibb (Dec-4-16)
- Bellwether Cases for Propecia Litigation Chosen By Heidi Turner (Dec-4-16)
- Talcum Powder Cancer Concerns By Jane Mundy (Dec-3-16)
- FDA Weighs in Alere Recall and Potential for Skewed Results By Gordon Gibb (Dec-3-16)
- $1B DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Verdict Against J&J By Lucy Campbell (Dec-2-16)