Legal News Articles - Consumer Fraud
March 28, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Nationwide Recall of Dietary Supplements X-Hero and Male Enhancer ]
Washington, DC USA Far Ocean Group Inc is conducting a nationwide recall of the Company's two supplement products sold under the names X-Hero and Male Enhancer. The Company has been informed by representatives of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that lab analysis by FDA of X-Hero sample found the product contains sulfosildenafil, the analogue of the active ingredient of an FDA-approved drug used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED), making X-Hero an unapproved drug. In addition, FDA analysis of Male Enhancer sample found the product contains tadalafil, the active ingredient of an FDA-approved drug used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED), making Male Enhancer an unapproved drug.
March 27, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Attorney: Advisors and Brokers Could Be Liable for Alleged Carr Miller Investor Losses ]
Marlton, NJ Investors who lost money in the alleged Carr Miller Capital Ponzi Scheme may worry that there will be no money left over for them to recover their losses. After all, the defendants, Everett Charles Ford Miller, Ryan J. Carr, Brian P. Carr, reportedly spent $13 million on personal purchases. Christopher J. Gray, attorney with the Law Office of Christopher J. Gray, P.C. in New York City, says there may be more than one way for investors to recover money lost in the alleged Ponzi scheme.
March 26, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Investors Filing Claims against UBS Lehman Brothers Principal Protected Notes ]
Concord, NH Investors who had money in UBS Principal Protected Notes might have given a sigh of relief when they heard about the collapse of Lehman Brothers. They might have said they were happy not to have their money tied up in Lehman Brothers structured notes or other Lehman Brothers products. If so, they were probably stunned to learn that their UBS Principal Protected Notes were actually a Lehman Brothers Product, and when Lehman Brothers collapsed, the UBS Lehman Principal Protected Notes lost their value.
March 24, 2011. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ $23.4 Million for Medical Sales Exec Who Blew the Whistle ]
New York, NY Attorney Kirk Chapman and fellow attorney Ross Brooks from Milberg LLP in New York City recently settled a ground-breaking whistleblower suit under the False Claims Act on behalf of Sean Mason, a sales executive at a giant US medical supplies company.
March 13, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ The Debate Rages: Does hCG Melt Pounds? Is It Safe? ]
New York, NY For years, Americans have been fascinated—some say blindsided—by an obsession with their weight. The fast food nation, coupled with modern-day conveniences like television remotes that don't require you to get up to change the channel or volume, don't help. And while most health advocates agree that weight control is a careful balance of food choice, caloric intake and regular exercise, most Americans go looking for the quick fix—a diet that's easy, as it is effective.
March 11, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ UBS Lehman: How Safe Are Principal Protected Notes? ]
Philadelphia, PA To say that investors who had UBS Lehman Principal Protected Notes were stunned when their investments lost a lot of their value is probably an understatement. Many say they had no idea that Lehman Brothers was the sole guarantor of the UBS Lehman structured notes, and no idea that the UBS Principal Protected Notes were such risky investments. Unfortunately, many investors say they lost a lot of money when Lehman Brothers failed and their investment dropped dramatically in value.
March 10, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received a report of a pulmonary embolism occurring in a patient on the hCG diet. According to Christopher Kelly, a spokesman for the FDA, the hormone, which is injected daily as part of an extremely low calorie diet, carries risks of blood clots, depression, headaches and breast tenderness or enlargement.Read [ hCG Dieter Suffers Pulmonary Embolism ]
March 9, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Carr Miller Ponzi Scheme: What Should Investors Do? ]
Newark, NJ Investors who learned their money was put in the alleged Carr Miller Capital Ponzi Scheme now face the difficult task of determining what action to take to recover money lost to the alleged Ponzi scheme. Concern about what to do about money lost to securities fraud can take a backseat to concerns about what to do in the immediate future, with money that was supposedly invested short term suddenly disappearing.
March 9, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Morgan Keegan Under Fire for Feeding Madoff Funds ]
New York, NY Morgan Keegan has come under fire by a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration panel, for what it termed "gross negligence:" Morgan Keegan had invested all $200,000 belonging to Jeffrey and Marisel Lieberman into a Fairfield Greenwich Group fund –which invested all its funds with Bernard Madoff.
March 4, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ What's in a Name? Not Much, Say UBS Lehman Investors ]
New York, NY If there ever was a contravention in terms, it would be UBS Lehman Principal Protected Notes. In this case, the name certainly did not say it all after scores of investors suffered losses following the collapse of Lehman Brothers—a failure hailed as the biggest corporate collapse in US history.
- Defendant in Alleged Carr Miller Capital Ponzi Scheme Forced to Resign By Gordon Gibb (Mar-3-11)
- Investors Lose Millions in Alleged Carr Miller Ponzi Scheme By Heidi Turner (Feb-24-11)
- Biotab Recalls Extenze Nutritional Supplements By Lucy Campbell (Feb-23-11)
- Nutella Has Been Served—with a Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Feb-15-11)
- UBS Lehman Brothers: What Did They Know—and When? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-15-11)
- Match.com Is a Fraud Says Class-Action Suit By Brenda Craig (Feb-8-11)
- UBS Hit Hard in Lehman Brothers Principal Protected Notes Arbitration By Heidi Turner (Feb-8-11)
- Carr Miller Ponzi Scheme: Did They Spend the Money on Themselves? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-7-11)
- Romanian Housekeeper Sued for Estate Fraud in Texas By Brenda Craig (Feb-7-11)
- More Fallout from Alleged Carr Miller Capital Ponzi Scheme By Heidi Turner (Feb-4-11)
- Shaping Beauty Weight Loss Pills Recalled Nationwide By Lucy Campbell (Feb-4-11)
- Chicago Firm Takes Care of Business By Brenda Craig (Feb-4-11)
- Is a UBS Fraud Arbitration Claim Better Than Class Action? By Gordon Gibb (Jan-21-11)
- Judge Allows Experts' Witnesses in Avandia Lawsuits By Lucy Campbell (Jan-20-11)
- HoMedics TheraP Faces Consumer Class Action By Lucy Campbell (Jan-17-11)
- Investment Fraud Claims Filed Concerning NNN Capital Opportunity Fund, the IMH Secured Loan Fund, and the Oppenheimer Rochester National Municipal By Lucy Campbell (Jan-12-11)
- State of New Jersey Sues Carr Miller over Alleged Ponzi Scheme By Gordon Gibb (Jan-6-11)
- UBS Lehman Brothers Securities Fraud By Lucy Campbell (Jan-5-11)
- Fruta Planta Weight Loss Products Linked to Heart Attacks, Death By Lucy Campbell (Dec-31-10)
- Carr Miller Capital Faces Allegations of Operating Ponzi Scheme By Lucy Campbell (Dec-27-10)
- Predatory Lending, Mortgage Fraud in the Spotlight By Gordon Gibb (Dec-24-10)
- Toyota To Pay $32 Million Over Vehicle Recalls By Lucy Campbell (Dec-21-10)
- Madoff Investor Returns $7.2 Billion to Ponzi Victims By Lucy Campbell (Dec-17-10)
- Makers of 7 Caffeinated Alcoholic Beverages Stop Production By Lucy Campbell (Nov-25-10)
- FDA warns consumers not to use Vigor-25 By Lucy Campbell (Nov-19-10)
- FDA to Effectively Ban Caffeine and Alcohol Drinks Like Four Loko and Joose By Lucy Campbell (Nov-16-10)
- Former Glaxo Executive Indicted By Gordon Gibb (Nov-10-10)
- Kentucky Gets Part of Lexapro Settlement By Charles Benson (Oct-28-10)
- Government Probe into Elder Abuse Reveals Wide Spread Fraud By Lucy Campbell (Oct-27-10)
- Top Officials Arrested in Massive Medicare Fraud By Jane Mundy (Oct-22-10)
- AARP Joins Forces with Qui Tam Whistleblower By Jane Mundy (Oct-20-10)
- Significant Decision Reached in Redux Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (Oct-15-10)
- Novedex XT Recalled Nationally due to Potential Health Hazard By Lucy Campbell (Oct-8-10)
- FDA Warns Against Sibutramine-Containing Slimming Beauty Capsules By Lucy Campbell (Oct-8-10)
- Norian to Pay $23 Million for Illegal Bone Cement Tests By Lucy Campbell (Oct-5-10)
- Debts Wiped Out for 140,000 Payday Loan Customers By Brenda Craig (Sep-27-10)
- Forest Pharmaceuticals Agrees to Pay $300M in Criminal Penalties By Lucy Campbell (Sep-21-10)
- Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing Hit with National Class Action By Brenda Craig (Sep-18-10)
- Attorney Discusses Whistleblowers and Qui Tam Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-9-10)
- Asurion Recalls Counterfeit BlackBerry-branded Batteries By Lucy Campbell (Aug-11-10)