LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONConsumer Fraud
Legal News Articles - Consumer Fraud
October 26, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Higher Cancer Rates Found in Patients who Received Medtronic BMP-2 ]
Washington, DC According to media reports, doctors who were paid to study Medtronic's Amplify, which contains recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2, or rhBMP-2, failed to disclose a possible increased risk for cancer in patients who received the treatment on study.
October 25, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Another Bank Overdraft Fees Lawsuit Filed ]
Salt Lake City, UT Customers upset over excessive bank overdraft fees have filed another lawsuit, this one against Zions Bank, alleging excessive bank fees. According to reports, bank customers claim the bank overdraft fees policy forced customers into overdraft more quickly than they should have, resulting in high profits from overdraft fees.
September 27, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Consumer Advocate Groups Lament Excessive Bank Overdraft Fees ]
Boca Raton, FL Despite the fact that the issue was addressed by Congress last year, a number of consumer advocate groups are up in arms again over excessive bank overdraft fees, according to the Sun-Sentinel.
September 20, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Banks Face Customers Angry About Overdraft Fees ]
Los Angeles, CA For customers who are angry about being charged excessive bank overdraft fees, filing a lawsuit may be the best way to recover lost money. Some banks have already faced bank overdraft fees lawsuits, although there are still banks that allegedly profited off bank overdraft fees by reordering transactions but have not been subject to lawsuits.
September 15, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Judge in Bank Overdraft Fees Case Rules in Favor of Plaintiffs ]
Denver, CO Banks across the United States are feeling the wrath of unhappy customers as lawsuits alleging excessive bank overdraft fees pile up. Customers allege they are not only charged outrageous bank overdraft fees but are also subjected to reordering of transactions, which pushes their accounts into overdraft quickly, increasing the amount they pay in banking overdraft fees.
August 8, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ DuPont Pulls Imprelis ]
Dover, DE: DuPont's new herbicide Imprelis is being pulled from the market following a flurry of complaints and lawsuits over dead and damaged trees.
July 1, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Medical Journal Blasts Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Data over Alleged Bias ]
New York, NY A review article published on Tuesday in The Spine Journal is sounding the alarm over data on Medtronic’s Infuse Bone Graft. Co-authored by three US-based physicians, the article states that in 13 trials which included 780 patients, industry funded researchers failed to report a single adverse event involving Infuse.
May 31, 2011. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Class Action Contends Author's Story Untrue ]
Great Falls, MT Millions of people around the world were inspired and swept up by the story of American Greg Mortenson and his selfless efforts to build schools for children in remote regions of Afghanistan and Pakistan. But, a class-action suit for fraud filed in Montana, where Mortenson lives, alleges the adventures documented in Mortenson's best-selling book Three Cups of Tea and Stones Into Schools were "fabrications."
May 5, 2011. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Attorney Discusses Limits on Class Actions ]
Washington, DC The recent Supreme Court ruling (Apr. 27, 2011)—where companies and/or employers can now require consumers to arbitrate disputes individually rather than joining forces in a consumer fraud class action, for instance, could have far-reaching implications for everyone. What does this decision mean to the typical consumer? Attorney George L. Garrow, Jr. of The Garrow Law Firm in Washington, DC, weighs in…
April 27, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ California Launches Investigation Into MetLife Death Payment Practices ]
Sacramento, CA Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones and California State Controller John Chiang have announced the issuance of a subpoena and joint investigative hearing into the practices of Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MLIC), also known as MetLife.
- UBS Fined for Lehman Brothers Principal Protected Notes By Heidi Turner (Apr-12-11)
- UBS Lined Its Pockets While Hanging Investors Out to Dry: Allegation By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-11)
- Nationwide Recall of Dietary Supplements X-Hero and Male Enhancer By Lucy Campbell (Mar-28-11)
- Attorney: Advisors and Brokers Could Be Liable for Alleged Carr Miller Investor Losses By Heidi Turner (Mar-27-11)
- Investors Filing Claims against UBS Lehman Brothers Principal Protected Notes By Heidi Turner (Mar-26-11)
- $23.4 Million for Medical Sales Exec Who Blew the Whistle By Brenda Craig (Mar-24-11)
- The Debate Rages: Does hCG Melt Pounds? Is It Safe? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-13-11)
- UBS Lehman: How Safe Are Principal Protected Notes? By Heidi Turner (Mar-11-11)
- hCG Dieter Suffers Pulmonary Embolism By Lucy Campbell (Mar-10-11)
- Carr Miller Ponzi Scheme: What Should Investors Do? By Heidi Turner (Mar-9-11)
- Morgan Keegan Under Fire for Feeding Madoff Funds By Lucy Campbell (Mar-9-11)
- What's in a Name? Not Much, Say UBS Lehman Investors By Gordon Gibb (Mar-4-11)
- Defendant in Alleged Carr Miller Capital Ponzi Scheme Forced to Resign By Gordon Gibb (Mar-3-11)
- Investors Lose Millions in Alleged Carr Miller Ponzi Scheme By Heidi Turner (Feb-24-11)
- Biotab Recalls Extenze Nutritional Supplements By Lucy Campbell (Feb-23-11)
- Nutella Has Been Served—with a Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Feb-15-11)
- UBS Lehman Brothers: What Did They Know—and When? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-15-11)
- Match.com Is a Fraud Says Class-Action Suit By Brenda Craig (Feb-8-11)
- UBS Hit Hard in Lehman Brothers Principal Protected Notes Arbitration By Heidi Turner (Feb-8-11)
- Carr Miller Ponzi Scheme: Did They Spend the Money on Themselves? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-7-11)
- Romanian Housekeeper Sued for Estate Fraud in Texas By Brenda Craig (Feb-7-11)
- More Fallout from Alleged Carr Miller Capital Ponzi Scheme By Heidi Turner (Feb-4-11)
- Shaping Beauty Weight Loss Pills Recalled Nationwide By Lucy Campbell (Feb-4-11)
- Chicago Firm Takes Care of Business By Brenda Craig (Feb-4-11)
- Attorney Chases Justice in Foreclosure Crisis By Brenda Craig (Feb-3-11)
- Is a UBS Fraud Arbitration Claim Better Than Class Action? By Gordon Gibb (Jan-21-11)
- Judge Allows Experts' Witnesses in Avandia Lawsuits By Lucy Campbell (Jan-20-11)
- HoMedics TheraP Faces Consumer Class Action By Lucy Campbell (Jan-17-11)
- Investment Fraud Claims Filed Concerning NNN Capital Opportunity Fund, the IMH Secured Loan Fund, and the Oppenheimer Rochester National Municipal By Lucy Campbell (Jan-12-11)
- State of New Jersey Sues Carr Miller over Alleged Ponzi Scheme By Gordon Gibb (Jan-6-11)
- UBS Lehman Brothers Securities Fraud By Lucy Campbell (Jan-5-11)
- Fruta Planta Weight Loss Products Linked to Heart Attacks, Death By Lucy Campbell (Dec-31-10)
- Carr Miller Capital Faces Allegations of Operating Ponzi Scheme By Lucy Campbell (Dec-27-10)
- Predatory Lending, Mortgage Fraud in the Spotlight By Gordon Gibb (Dec-24-10)
- Toyota To Pay $32 Million Over Vehicle Recalls By Lucy Campbell (Dec-21-10)
- Madoff Investor Returns $7.2 Billion to Ponzi Victims By Lucy Campbell (Dec-17-10)
- Makers of 7 Caffeinated Alcoholic Beverages Stop Production By Lucy Campbell (Nov-25-10)
- FDA warns consumers not to use Vigor-25 By Lucy Campbell (Nov-19-10)
- FDA to Effectively Ban Caffeine and Alcohol Drinks Like Four Loko and Joose By Lucy Campbell (Nov-16-10)
- Everybody Deserves Due Process Says Attorney Gary Mason By Brenda Craig (Nov-12-10)