LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONConsumer Fraud
Legal News Articles - Consumer Fraud
May 15, 2014. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ GM Issues Another Recall for 5 Different Defects in 2,7 Million Vehicles ]
Detroit, MI Another massive GM Recall has been announced by General Motors Co, this time involving almost 3 million vehicles globally. The recall has been issued to fix five separate safety problems that have allegedly caused injuries and resulted of hundreds of complaints being filed. These recalls are the latest of 24 separate recalls GM has issued so far this year, totally some 12,8 million vehicles worldwide,11,2 million in the US. Additionally, 140,067 new Chevrolet Malibus are included in the recall for brake issues, USA Today reports.
May 14, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Credit and Debit Card Companies Aiding the Fight against Predatory Internet Pay Loans ]
New York, NY In its fight against illegal Internet payday loans, the state of New York scored a major victory when two of the biggest players in plastic agreed to halt the processing of Internet payday loan transactions that violate state laws.
May 13, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ California Denied Insurance: Appeals Frequently Successful ]
Pasadena, CA When patients have their California insurance claim denied, they can often feel frustrated and believe there is no point in appealing the decision. When they do appeal their denied disability insurance and their appeal is denied, they may want to give up entirely, rather than undergoing another fight. But according to some reports, policyholders who have their insurance claim denied stand a good chance when they appeal to a third party.
May 1, 2014. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Endo Reaches $830m Transvaginal Mesh Injury Settlement ]
Washington, DC A potential $830 million settlement has been reached between thousands of women who have filed transvaginal mesh (TVM) injury lawsuits and TVM manufacturer Endo International PLC.
April 30, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Teacher with Debilitating Injuries Twice Denied Disability Insurance ]
Riverside, CA A school teacher in California who stepped in to help prevent a second fight between two teenage students on school premises and was subsequently injured has launched a lawsuit against the insurance carrier who twice denied disability insurance to the woman.
April 25, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Internet Payday Lender Accused of Charging Minnesotans Predatory Interest Rates ]
Ramsey County, MN An Internet payday lender that attempted to duck behind the protective shield of the Dormant Commerce Clause of the US Constitution, will have that cloak yanked away following a decision by the Court of Appeals.
April 20, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Judge Finds Insurer Guilty of Bad Faith ]
Los Angeles, CA News of bad faith insurance does not surprise a lot of people any more, but news of a company acting egregiously and hiding evidence might come as a bit of a shock. A lawsuit in Massachusetts against an insurer shows that insurance companies, even national companies, can allegedly act in bad faith when denying a disability claim or avoiding a settlement. It also shows that people who have had their California insurance claim denied may be able to file a lawsuit against the company.
April 10, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Following Suit: Student Loan Lawsuit Update ]
Allegations have been made about unethical practices on the part of student loan companies. These allegations include financial fraud and violations of consumer protection laws.
April 3, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ “I’d Rather Pay an Attorney Than the Hospital for ER Overcharges” ]
Seattle, WA Not only were Steve and his wife charged “ludicrous” emergency room overcharges, Steve says that the hospital flat-out lied about the treatment, or non-treatment, on their invoice. And not all patients are treated equal, as Nancy attests.
April 1, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Customer Says She Unknowingly Paid for Home Warranty Insurance ]
Lynn Haven, FL A bank customer says she was unknowingly paying for home warranty insurance for almost four years, despite not having enrolled with a home warranty company.
- GM Issues Third Massive Recall for Alleged Defective Power Steering By Lucy Campbell (Apr-1-14)
- Keeping Track of a Bad Faith Insurance Claim By Heidi Turner (Mar-29-14)
- Prolift Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Settled for $11.1 Million By Lucy Campbell (Mar-26-14)
- Landmark Ruling Threatens Internet Payday Loan Loophole By Gordon Gibb (Mar-22-14)
- J&J Wins Reversal of $1.2B Risperdal Settlement By Lucy Campbell (Mar-21-14)
- Families Suing GM Because Recall Comes Too Late By Lucy Campbell (Mar-12-14)
- Plaintiffs Seeking $22 Million in Home Warranty Insurance Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Mar-3-14)
- Hounded by Swedish Medical Center for ER Overcharges Payment By Jane Mundy (Mar-1-14)
- Following Suit: Telemarketing Lawsuit Update By Lucy Campbell (Feb-27-14)
- WW II Veteran Denied Disability Insurance for 28 Long Years By Gordon Gibb (Feb-25-14)
- Banks Accused of Aiding and Abetting Predatory Internet Payday Loans By Gordon Gibb (Feb-18-14)
- Victim: “Get an Attorney before ER Overcharges Bankrupt You” By Jane Mundy (Feb-12-14)
- California PTSD Sufferer Denied Disability Insurance By Gordon Gibb (Feb-9-14)
- Consumers with Home Warranties Find Repairs Hard to Come By By Heidi Turner (Feb-4-14)
- ER Overcharges for Services Not Rendered By Jane Mundy (Jan-27-14)
- Veterans Denied Disability Insurance and Treatment May Appeal By Gordon Gibb (Jan-22-14)
- Internet Payday Loan Lawsuit Filed Just before Christmas By Gordon Gibb (Jan-17-14)
- Hospital Overcharging Comes in Many Forms By Gordon Gibb (Jan-14-14)
- Consumers Concerned About Junk Insurance By Heidi Turner (Jan-12-14)
- Plaintiff to State Supreme Court Over Home Cladding Issue By Gordon Gibb (Jan-9-14)
- Denied Disability Insurance: The Devil in the Fine Print By Gordon Gibb (Dec-27-13)
- Home Warranties Leaving Policyholders Out of Pocket By Heidi Turner (Dec-27-13)
- How About an Internet Payday Loan at 5,853 Percent Annual Interest? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-14-13)
- California Insurers Told to Allow Speech Therapy By Heidi Turner (Dec-13-13)
- Follow the Money Says Elder Fraud Attorney By Brenda Craig (Dec-1-13)
- Bizarre Tale of Attempted Murder, Mayhem, Bankruptcy and Bad Faith Insurance By Gordon Gibb (Nov-30-13)
- The Glucosamine Game and Your Pets By Brenda Craig (Nov-29-13)
- Idaho Cracking Down on Internet Payday Loans By Gordon Gibb (Nov-29-13)
- State Cracks Down on Denied Disability Insurance for Autistic Kids By Gordon Gibb (Nov-28-13)
- ER Overcharges—No Rhyme or Reason By Jane Mundy (Nov-11-13)
- Do the Monster Math: Monster Energy Drinks By Jane Mundy (Oct-31-13)
- Attorney Files ER Overcharges Class-Action Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Oct-29-13)
- GSK to Face Avandia Racketeering Class Action Lawsuits By Lucy Campbell (Oct-29-13)
- Plaintiff Seeks Damages Under California Insurance Law By Gordon Gibb (Oct-29-13)
- Canadian Sues, While US Disco Diva Says “I Will Survive” in Court By Gordon Gibb (Oct-22-13)
- Inflated Emergency Room Charges: Is Common Sense on Life Support? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-17-13)
- ER Overcharges “Sickening” By Jane Mundy (Oct-10-13)
- Arkansas Attorney General Launches Internet Payday Loans Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Oct-9-13)
- Young Monster Drink Nation Not Conditioned to Super-Caffeine: Professor By Gordon Gibb (Sep-28-13)
- When It Comes to Home Warranty Companies, Not All Are Created Equal By Heidi Turner (Sep-27-13)