LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONConsumer Fraud
Legal News Articles - Consumer Fraud
March 7, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Lawsuits Filed Over Herbal Supplements ]
Minneapolis, MN In the wake of news that herbal supplements may not contain the ingredients their labels claim, comes news that lawsuits are now being filed against the makers of some herbal supplement products. The lawsuits follow an announcement by New York’s attorney general that at least four brands of herbal supplements carried at major retailers do not contain the ingredients listed on their labels and may carry adulterants and other undisclosed substances.
March 3, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Woman Files Lawsuit Against the Makers of the Fluoroquinolone Avelox ]
Los Angeles, CA Bayer and Merck are facing a product liability lawsuit filed by a woman from Nebraska who alleges she developed peripheral neuropathy while on the popular antibiotic Avelox.
March 1, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Feed Your Body with Food, Not Herbal Supplements ]
New York, NY Most everyone over 40 remembers Jefferson Airplane’s famous song, “White Rabbit.” Grace Slick, the writer and singer, said the song was intended to be a wake-up call to parents who read their children novels such as Alice In Wonderland, and then wondered why their children would later use drugs, namely hallucinogens. Today her lyrics, with a few changes, could be a wake-up call to adults taking herbal supplements:
March 1, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Whistleblowers Integral to the Fight against Medical and Healthcare Fraud ]
Sacramento, CA As generous as they are, “sugar daddies” often get taken to the cleaners. For them, money is no object. When someone in a position of influence can invent reasons for a man of means to part with his cash, well, so much the better. It is with this parallel that we illustrate what happens when Medicaid and Medicare (and others), backed by government funding, are allegedly bilked by opportunistic entities out to bill the system for billions of dollars worth of unnecessary procedures. It’s medical fraud by any other name.
February 27, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Study Finds Children at Risk, Monster Energy Drink Trial Set for April ]
Detroit, MI It’s a damning commentary on the energy drink sector and what it can mean to the health and even survivability of children. A university study has revealed that more than half of roughly 4,800 reported cases of harmful effects from energy drinks involved accidental consumption by children less than six years of age. Meanwhile, a wrongful death lawsuit allegedly stemming from Monster drink contents is set to begin at Superior Court of the State of California, County of Alameda sometime in April.
February 26, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Outrageous Emergency Room Overcharges for Uninsured ]
Ocala, FL When John asked the Munroe Regional Medical Center billing department why his emergency room overcharges and other hospital charges were 10 times more than the going rate, he was told it is because he is uninsured!
“They have a contract based on rates with the insurance company and I don’t have a contract with them so they can bill me whatever they want,” says John.
February 20, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Energy Drink Lawsuit Filed After Consumer’s Death ]
Kansas City, MO Another energy drink lawsuit has been filed following the death of a consumer who drank numerous energy drinks in the days leading up to his death. The lawsuit, filed by the man’s wife, alleges energy drinks are falsely marketed as safe when in fact they are dangerous. According to some reports, the FDA has received numerous reports of deaths linked to certain energy drinks.
February 18, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Herbal Supplements Under Attack from Regulators and Consumers ]
Washington, DC If you take any pill, you’re supposed to know what’s in that pill. That’s the basis for regulations concerning pharmaceuticals. But when it comes to herbal supplements, the rules are more relaxed, and it turns out that some herbal supplements may have been sold without the ingredients their labels claimed they contained. Now, some herbal supplement makers have received warning letters from New York’s Attorney General - and lawsuits from consumers angry that the herbal supplements they thought they were purchasing might not have been all they were cracked up to be, with ingredient labels not telling the full story of what the herbal supplements contained.
February 17, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Persistence Pays Off for Chapel Hill Extended Warranty Plaintiffs ]
Chapel Hill, NC A couple from Chapel Hill who brought a Home Warranty Lawsuit against the contractor and a supplier of their custom-built home encountered a few setbacks in their litigation. But they stuck with it and late last year were rewarded with a partial victory by the North Carolina Supreme Court.
February 5, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Major Retailers Asked To Stop Sales Of Store Brand Herbal Supplements ]
Los Angeles, CA Four major retailers, GNC, Target, Walmart, and Walgreens, received letters earlier this week from Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman’s office regarding the alleged selling of store brand herbal supplement products in New York that either could not be verified to contain the labeled substance, or were found to contain ingredients not listed on the labels.
- $11M Awarded in Toyota Camry Sudden Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (Feb-4-15)
- The Fight to Have Mental Illness Properly Covered by Insurance By Heidi Turner (Feb-3-15)
- ER Overcharges: Better to Seek Treatment Elsewhere By Jane Mundy (Jan-25-15)
- Generic Fosamax Injury Lawsuit to Proceed By Lucy Campbell (Jan-21-15)
- The Case against Monster Beverage Powers Up By Brenda Craig (Jan-10-15)
- Emergency Room Charges: A Popsicle, Exam & Quick Fix for $10,000 By Gordon Gibb (Jan-7-15)
- Pregnant Woman’s Insurance Denial a Lesson By Heidi Turner (Jan-1-15)
- ER Overcharges Bill Warrants Heart Attack By Jane Mundy (Dec-28-14)
- $16.5M Award Against Dating Site that Disseminated Personal Profiles By The National Trial Lawyers (Dec-18-14)
- Viagra Blamed for Skin Cancer Diagnosis By Lucy Campbell (Dec-15-14)
- Patients Allege Excessive Fees Linked to ER Care By Heidi Turner (Dec-13-14)
- Half of All US Workers Are Women: All Eyes on Supreme Court Interpretation By Gordon Gibb (Dec-9-14)
- Firefighter Granted Benefits After Denied Disability Claim By Heidi Turner (Dec-3-14)
- Students Charge Donald Trump with Racketeering in “University” Scheme By The National Trial Lawyers (Nov-27-14)
- Home Warranty Insurance and the Manufactured Home By Gordon Gibb (Nov-23-14)
- Emergency Room Overcharges Attorney: Overcharging Uninsured “Almost a National Scandal” By Heidi Turner (Nov-23-14)
- NHTSA Wants National Recall of Vehicles with Defective Takata Airbags By Lucy Campbell (Nov-19-14)
- Washington Insurer to Cover Developmental Disabilities By Heidi Turner (Nov-9-14)
- Home Warranty Complaints Top Popular Online Resource By Gordon Gibb (Oct-28-14)
- Proposed Florida Class-Action ER Charges Lawsuit Expands By Gordon Gibb (Oct-27-14)
- Respected Non-Profit Reports Problems with Internet Payday Loans: Survey By Gordon Gibb (Oct-18-14)
- Forced Arbitration: Corporations Opting Out of Justice and Fairness By Gordon Gibb (Oct-17-14)
- More Than One Way to Skin a Cat Over Washington LTD Benefits By Gordon Gibb (Oct-11-14)
- Chrysler Air Bag and Steering Wobble Recalls By Lucy Campbell (Oct-10-14)
- Attorney: Hospital ER Overcharges “Unfair” By Heidi Turner (Oct-8-14)
- Predatory ER Overcharges and Hospital Overbilling Has to Stop By Gordon Gibb (Oct-3-14)
- What You Should Know About Denied Disability: Washington Disability Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Sep-30-14)
- New Jersey Sues Home Warranty Insurance Provider By Gordon Gibb (Sep-19-14)
- Internet Payday Lender Group Sues, Regulators Promptly Fight Back By Gordon Gibb (Sep-15-14)
- Judd Law Group LLP announces New Litigation Settlements between Public Interest Alliance (PIA) and Cosmetics Manufacturers By LAS Staff Writer (Sep-4-14)
- $9 Billion Actos Bladder Cancer Verdict to Stand By Lucy Campbell (Aug-29-14)
- Anthem Blue Cross Faces Another California Insurance Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Aug-28-14)
- $4.3 million dollar class action verdict in campground membership case By LAS Staff Writer (Aug-26-14)
- Plaintiff’s Home Warranty Insurance Win Overturned by State Supreme Court By Gordon Gibb (Aug-24-14)
- Crackdown on Illegal Internet Payday Loans Nets Help for Consumers By Gordon Gibb (Aug-4-14)
- Is Your Internet Payday Loan Provider Legal Where You Live? By Gordon Gibb (Jul-11-14)
- Most Denied Disability Insurance Claimants Win, but Not All Do By Gordon Gibb (Jun-30-14)
- Hillside Home Appears to Be Sloping Downward, Owners Sue Contractor, Insurer By Gordon Gibb (Jun-29-14)
- Internet Payday Lender May Owe As Much As $20 Million to Consumers By Gordon Gibb (Jun-15-14)
- Following Suit: Overdraft Fees Lawsuit Update By Heidi Turner (Jun-3-14)