Zimmer Durom Cup Articles
January 25, 2013. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ Appeal Court Upholds Zimmer Durom Cup Hip Implant Class Action ]
Vancouver, BC (Press Release) “Today, the British Columbia Court of Appeal upheld certification of the Zimmer Durom Cup hip implant class action. Approximately 5,000 Durom acetabular hip implants or “Durom Cups” were sold in Canada between 2005 and 2011. So far, more than 60 Canadians have come forward to participate in the national class action.
February 29, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Widow Launches Zimmer Hip Lawsuit ]
Akron, OH The image is unsettling: the ghostly X-ray of an artificial hip, with the cup still mounted in place to the bone, and the prosthetic ball grossly dislocated and floating well above and beyond where it should have been. The pain and debilitation to the patient, needless to say, is palpable. Little wonder that both studies and prevailing opinion suggest that new-age artificial hips, such as the Zimmer hip, are not all they're cracked up to be.
January 31, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Zimmer Inc. Earns Profit despite Costs of Zimmer Hip Lawsuits ]
Warsaw, IN While there may still be Americans walking around (if they can even walk) with a problematic Zimmer hip, the company that makes the allegedly defective product appeared to have a banner year in 2011, according to a recent Associated Press (AP) report.
December 25, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Will Proposed Legislation Help or Hinder Zimmer Hip Patients? ]
Washington, DC A new Senate bill proposed by a small handful of legislators attempts to improve oversight and the tracking of potentially problematic medical devices after they have been surgically implanted in patients. Zimmer hip implant is one of the devices the legislators had in mind when the Bill was crafted.
November 15, 2011. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Grandfather's Zimmer Hip Implant Was "Killing Him" ]
Livingston, MT Carrie says that her grandfather suffered years of pain after getting a Zimmer Hip implant, and that he was much worse off after his hip replacement. Even revision surgery didn't help—perhaps irreparable damage was already done.
October 18, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Analysts Lower Forecasts for Zimmer Inc. Due to Dropping Demand for Hip Replacements ]
Boston, MA Analysts at Leerink Swann have lowered their sales and earnings forecasts for Zimmer Inc. due to their reported drop in demand for the hip replacements that are made by this company, according to Mass Device.
September 4, 2011. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Zimmer Hips—Complaints Surpassing Implants? ]
Grinnell, KS Hip replacements are one of the most common procedures in the US and metal-on-metal (MoM) Zimmer hips are amongst the most widely used of hip implants. Zimmer Holdings also has a large share of complaints, according to the FDA, and with those complaints come Zimmer Hip lawsuits.
August 4, 2011. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Zimmer Hip: "I Don't Blame My Orthopedic Surgeon" ]
Lancaster, PA "It took me some time to decide whether to go ahead with a Zimmer Hip Replacement lawsuit because I'm not the litigious kind, but this Zimmer company is different," says Patricia. "My doctor has at least 20 years experience with hip and knee replacement surgery and he is very competent, so I blame the manufacturer for its defective device."
July 28, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Zimmer Inc. Sees Profit Boost Despite Defective Hip Replacements ]
New York, NYZimmer Inc.'s second-quarter earnings increased 23 percent as the manufacturer of orthopaedic devices said it received a boost from international sales, despite ongoing litigation over its defective hip replacements.
July 15, 2011. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Zimmer Hip—Constant Pain and Oxycontin ]
Renton, WA Suchendra says he had a Zimmer Hip Replacement in August 2009 and he has been in pain ever since. “I have constant pain in my thigh and groin pain, including the hip itself and even pain down into my knee,” says Suchendra. “I went back to my orthopedic surgeon and he just said it takes time to heal, maybe a few years. That doesn’t sound right to me."
- Metal-on-Metal Hip Implants Not Thoroughly Tested By Gordon Gibb (Jun-28-11)
- The Reality of a Wonky Zimmer Hip By Gordon Gibb (Jun-17-11)
- Zimmer Advised Zimmer Hip Recipient to Test for Metal Allergies By Jane Mundy (Jun-14-11)
- Paramedic Suffers from Zimmer Defective Hip Replacements By Charles Benson (May-29-11)
- Data Registries May Help Zimmer Hip Patients By Gordon Gibb (May-16-11)
- Maker of the Zimmer Hip Faces Investigation into Foreign Dealings By Heidi Turner (May-8-11)
- Time Is Not Kind to Some Zimmer Durom Cup Patients By Gordon Gibb (May-3-11)
- "I'll Keep My Zimmer Hip as a Souvenir" By Jane Mundy (Apr-19-11)
- "Zimmer Hip Like Buying a Car with a Bad Engine" By Jane Mundy (Apr-12-11)
- Zimmer Inc. Could Suffer Loss of Hip Replacement Sales After Japan Disaster By Charles Benson (Apr-2-11)
- Zimmer Hip Caused a Decade of Pain By Jane Mundy (Mar-24-11)
- "I Use My Zimmer Hip Bits As Paperweights" By Jane Mundy (Mar-16-11)
- Noted Surgeon No Longer Using Durom Cup By Gordon Gibb (Mar-12-11)
- "Zimmer Hip Took Away Four Years of My Life" By Jane Mundy (Mar-3-11)
- Too Young to Suffer Zimmer Hip Failure By Gordon Gibb (Feb-24-11)
- Zimmer Hip Victim Needs Answers By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-11)
- Zimmer Inc. Cutting Indiana Jobs amid Defective Hip Allegations By Charles Benson (Feb-8-11)
- Zimmer Durom Cup through the Words of a Young Man By Gordon Gibb (Jan-22-11)
- North Carolina Man Files Zimmer Durom Cup Lawsuit By Charles Benson (Dec-2-10)
- More Lawsuits Concerning Zimmer Hip Filed By Heidi Turner (Nov-26-10)
- Zimmer Hip Class Action Filed in Canada By Gordon Gibb (Nov-15-10)
- Zimmer Hip Company Has Solid Third Quarter By Charles Benson (Nov-2-10)
- Zimmer Hip Company Sees Interest Rise in Stock By Charles Benson (Oct-2-10)
- Senator Investigating Zimmer Hip Issues By Heidi Turner (Aug-28-10)
- Senator Asks Company About Zimmer Hip Replacement Problems By Charles Benson (Aug-22-10)
- More Zimmer Hip Lawsuits Filed By Heidi Turner (Aug-16-10)
- Recent Lawsuits Over Failed Zimmer Durom Cup By Gordon Gibb (Aug-5-10)
- Patients Concerned About Their Zimmer Hip Replacements By Heidi Turner (Jan-16-09)
- A New Year, A New Hip? By Heidi Turner (Jan-6-09)
- The Durom Cup Runneth Over With Frustration and Controversy By Gordon Gibb (Dec-24-08)
- Zimmer Hip Meant to be a Lifesaver By Heidi Turner (Dec-16-08)
- The Zimmer Durom Debacle By Gordon Gibb (Dec-6-08)
- Zimmer Hip: Patient Immune to the Pain By Heidi Turner (Dec-2-08)
- Months of Pain Following Zimmer Hip Implant By Heidi Turner (Nov-26-08)
- Zimmer Hip Replacement Patients Caught in the Middle By Gordon Gibb (Nov-17-08)
- Patient won't have Zimmer Hip Replaced Again By Heidi Turner (Nov-11-08)
- "A Horrible Life" Since Zimmer Hip Replacement By Heidi Turner (Nov-6-08)
- Message to Zimmer: We Are Not Machines By Gordon Gibb (Oct-22-08)
- Zimmer Hip Implants: Five Repair Surgeries in 10 Years By Heidi Turner (Sep-6-08)
- Zimmer Hip Replacement: "Too Young to Feel So Old" By Heidi Turner (Aug-30-08)