Veterans Malpractice Articles
September 16, 2014. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Army Veteran Struggles with Chronic Pain and Veterans Affairs ]
Macon, GA Ask disabled US Army Veteran Alex Pappas (pictured) what he thinks about the current VA medical malpractice controversy surrounding the department and its services and he says, “I am absolute proof of the problems with the VA. I think soldiers are only important to the government as long as they are soldiers.”
July 12, 2014. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Veterans’ Attorney Advocate Sees New Class-Action Legal Battlegrounds for Wounded Warriors ]
Fairfax, VA Attorney Benjamin Krause is a powerful voice for former soldiers who often find themselves fighting against the Veterans Administration (VA), an organization they expect to be their ally.
July 8, 2014. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ VA Has Improved, but Treatment Delays Need to Be Addressed Says Attorney Shanin Specter ]
Philadelphia, PA Well-known attorney Shanin Specter has been flying “legal sorties” into the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for a long time.
June 11, 2014. By The National Trial Lawyers.
Families of four veterans who died due to medical malpractice at the Coatesville, PA, Veterans Affairs Medical Clinic were paid nearly $1.4 million in wrongful death cases following their treatment, according to reports from The Center for Investigative Reporting.Read [ Medical Malpractice Suits against Pennsylvania VA Clinic Settled for $1.4M ]
August 31, 2013. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ “They Set Me on Fire” ]
Stafford, WV American military vet Steven Anthony was already living a life compromised by Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) when he was suffered another blow to his already fragile mind at a Veteran’s hospital in Martinsburg, Virginia. Steven became a victim of veteran medical malpractice.
December 20, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ VA Hospital Malpractice Lawsuit an Icy Proposition ]
Louisville, KY An army veteran who underwent a necessary surgical procedure on his penis has launched a VA hospital malpractice lawsuit after frostbite, and then gangrene set in necessitating the removal of a five-inch section of the plaintiff's penis. Michael D. Nash of Louisville, Kentucky is seeking $10 million in compensation.
July 17, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Another Iraq Veteran with Traumatic Brain Injury ]
Orange Park, FL Kevin says he doesn’t regret joining the army—even though he has been diagnosed with PTSD and traumatic brain injury (TBI). But he does regret not fighting harder for benefits. “The VA doctors should have done more testing for my TBI—instead I was released from the army for PTSD,” says Kevin, age 33. “I told him that he was full of it—how can PSTD cause short-term memory loss?”
April 5, 2011. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ VA Medical Malpractice: Veteran Cries Discrimination ]
Portland, OR Not only does Arthur believe that his VA doctor is guilty of VA medical malpractice after a botched surgery, he also accuses the VA hospital (and the federal government) of discriminating against Korean and Vietnam veterans.
March 28, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ VA Hospital Malpractice: Four Lawsuits Seeking $9 Million ]
Murfreesboro, TN Alleged incidents of VA hospital malpractice dating back to a five-year period beginning in 2003 are finally starting to wind their way through the courts, following congressional hearings and media attention focusing on hospitals operated by the Department of Veteran's Affairs in Murfreesboro, Augusta and Miami.
February 28, 2011. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ VA Medical Malpractice and PTSD ]
Ann Arbor, MI When John, a Gulf War veteran, came home from Iraq, he was suffering from panic attacks and wound up in the psychiatric ward of a Veteran's Administration hospital. But he still has "massive" panic attacks because he didn't get any help from the VA. "Sometimes it takes the slightest trigger and PTSD is hard to keep under control if you aren't given the tools," Jason says. "I keep going to meetings at the VA to learn how to deal with it and recognize the signs, but they don't know how to treat veterans' PTSD." John is more than frustrated with his treatment and VA medical malpractice.
- VA Hospital Malpractice? Congressman Frustrated over Veterans' Lack of Applesauce By Charles Benson (Jan-6-11)
- Partial Victory for Defendant, but VA Hospital Malpractice Lawsuit Can Go Forward By Gordon Gibb (Dec-22-10)
- Veteran Medical Malpractice Awards Could Be Capped By Charles Benson (Nov-30-10)
- Is Alleged Pressure to Prescribe Narcotics VA Hospital Malpractice? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-25-10)
- Doctor: Veteran Medical Malpractice Report is Retaliation By Charles Benson (Sep-28-10)
- Delay in Reviewing Medical Records Kills VA Hospital Malpractice Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Sep-15-10)
- Veteran Files Lawsuit against Pennsylvania VA Hospital By Heidi Turner (Sep-4-10)
- Bill Would Protect Pensions of Veterans Who Won Medical Malpractice Lawsuits By Charles Benson (Jul-27-10)
- St. Louis VA Hospital Accused of Veteran Medical Negligence By Charles Benson (Jul-5-10)
- War Vets at Risk for Infection by VA Hospital By Gordon Gibb (Jul-2-10)
- Fine against VA Hospital Is Second Largest in NRC History By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-10)
- White House Proposes Funding Increase to Reduce Veterans Medical Malpractice By Charles Benson (Mar-7-10)
- Mississippi Man Loses Veteran Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Stemming from Faulty Surgery By Charles Benson (Feb-8-10)
- VA Contaminated Colonoscopies: 'Completely Inexcusable' By Gordon Gibb (Apr-2-09)
- The VA Under Fire for Contaminated Endoscopy Equipment By Gordon Gibb (Mar-28-09)
- Software Glitches a Danger to Veterans By Gordon Gibb (Jan-15-09)
- Daughter "So Angry At VA" By Heidi Turner (Oct-19-08)
- Veteran's Medical Malpractice Suit Denied By Jane Mundy (Sep-17-08)
- VA Medical Malpractice: Infection Ignored By Jane Mundy (Aug-14-08)
- Veteran Medical Malpractice: Unsanitary VA Hospital By Jane Mundy (Jul-16-08)
- VA Medical Malpractice: Preventable Mistakes? By Jane Mundy (Jun-15-08)
- Veteran Medical Malpractice: Misdiagnosed Cancer By Jane Mundy (May-15-08)
- Veterans Malpractice: Will More Money Help? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-14-08)
- VA Medical Malpractice: Discrimination? By Jane Mundy (Apr-8-08)
- Veteran Medical Malpractice: "The VA Did Nothing" By Heidi Turner (Mar-14-08)
- Veteran Malpractice: Heartbreaking Stories, Shameful Conduct By Gordon Gibb (Mar-10-08)
- VA Tries to Make Vietnam Vet Foot the Bill for Their Mistake By Paul Halpern (Feb-13-08)
- Veteran Medical Malpractice: "A Terrible Story" By Heidi Turner (Jan-17-08)
- Veteran Medical Malpractice: "Putting a Band-Aid on Broken Bones" By Heidi Turner (Dec-8-07)
- Veteran Affairs Medical Malpractice: Highlighting Problems with the VA By Heidi Turner (Nov-5-07)
- Cause of Death: Veteran Medical Malpractice By Jane Mundy (Oct-3-07)
- Veteran Medical Malpractice: From Hand to Foot By Jane Mundy (Sep-4-07)
- More Lawsuits Filed Alleging Medical Malpractice by Veterans Affairs By Heidi Turner (Aug-11-07)
- Veteran Medical Malpractice: Navigating a Complicated System Part II By Heidi Turner (Jul-12-07)
- Veteran Medical Malpractice: Navigating a Complicated System By Heidi Turner (Jul-9-07)
- Veterans Affairs Medical Malpractice: VA System at Breaking Point By Heidi Turner (Jun-14-07)
- Veteran Medical Malpractice Complaints Extend to Psychiatric Wards By Heidi Turner (Jun-7-07)
- Fewer Rights for Veterans in Medical Malpractice Cases By Heidi Turner (May-9-07)
- More Veterans Come Forward Reporting Medical Malpractice By Heidi Turner (Apr-8-07)
- Veteran Affairs Malpractice: VA Hospitals facing Higher Patient Numbers By Heidi Turner (Feb-8-07)