LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONHome Page >> Transvaginal Mesh >> Articles
Transvaginal Mesh Articles
March 18, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Chicago, ILOn the advice of her doctor, Barbara Kaiser had Prolift pelvic mesh implanted in 2009 to treat her pelvic organ prolapse. She then began to suffer from low pelvic pain. It was only years later that she learned that this was likely a transvaginal mesh complication. Her doctor never told her about this and he, himself, claims to have not been aware of all of the risks, including the danger of severe and irreversible injury to his patients.Read [ Indiana Woman Wins $35 Million in Johnson & Johnson Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit ]
January 21, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Houston, TX: Although Jordan will receive compensation from Boston Scientific for transvaginal mesh injuries, she says the settlement cannot cover the collateral damage suffered not only by her injuries but also by her family.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh Collateral Damage Too High for TVM Settlement ]
December 14, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Dallas, TX: The US Federal Drug Administration (FDA) first raised serious questions about the safety and effectiveness of transvaginal mesh implants in 2008. Much has happened since then -- studies and recalls and thousands of lawsuits. But women still suffer serious and painful pelvic mesh complications, which may take years to manifest. According to attorney and physician Dr. Shezad Malik, the most important thing women should know is that “it’s not too late to file a lawsuit or get involved in a settlement program because this is a device that will continue to cause problems for the rest of this decade.”Read [ Not Too Late for Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit ]
November 18, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Anniston, MO:: Since Jane had her first transvaginal mesh implant she has dealt with pain and incontinence (she didn’t even have this issue before the implant), two rounds of Botox, self-catheterization, and infections and if it can’t get any worse, she and her husband can no longer have sexual intercourse.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh Victim calls Implant the “Alien Thing” ]
Court Documents Reveals J&J Transvaginal Mesh Marketed Ahead of Competitors “Priceless”, Causing Outrage Overseas
October 31, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
London, UK: Politicians and Professors of medicine in the U.K. are condemning the decision to launch transvaginal mesh without a clinical trial and demanding a public inquiry into the mesh.Read [ Court Documents Reveals J&J Transvaginal Mesh Marketed Ahead of Competitors “Priceless”, Causing Outrage Overseas ]
October 3, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
London, UK: An exhaustive story in The Guardian (08/31/17) sheds some interesting sidelights into transvaginal mesh side effects, an issue that has proven to mushroom in size and breadth since the advent of transvaginal mesh, or TVM mesh repair for various health issues affecting a wide cross section of women at middle age. The number of plaintiffs having filed a transvaginal mesh lawsuit has mushroomed in kind: The Guardian reports that no fewer than 100,000 lawsuits have been filed in the US alone by women alleging TVM mesh complications.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh “Like Being Cut with a Cheese Wire” ]
September 26, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Sydney, AU: An Australian transvaginal mesh inquiry underway involves complaints that would make good copy for a vulgar tabloid. One victim testified how she was told the mesh would make her feel like a “16-year-old virgin”. But if it takes sensational accounts such as these to make more women aware of transvaginal mesh side effects, all the better. These women are heroic for sharing such personal details.Read [ Victim told Transvaginal Mesh would make her “Feel like a 16-year-old Virgin” ]
September 14, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: A surgical mesh lawsuit plaintiff whose case fell to a defense verdict at trial, may nonetheless come away with something after the trial judge granted the plaintiff’s petition for damages. The manufacturer of the pelvic mesh involved, Ethicon Inc. (Ethicon), has appealed the judge’s ruling that the matter can progress to a damage hearing. In so doing, Kimberly Adkins’ case has been revived, at least for now.Read [ Surgical Mesh Manufacturer to Appeal Revival of Mesh Lawsuit ]
September 13, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Dublin, IRELAND: A decision last month by a Dublin-based manufacturer of transvaginal mesh to wind up all known US claims associated with transvaginal mesh complications flew under the radar, but is nonetheless worth three-quarters of a billion dollars.Read [ Irish TVM Manufacturer Announces Settlement Pool worth $775 Million ]
September 8, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Philadelphia, PA: A $57.1 million verdict has been awarded against the makers of defective TVT Secur mesh, Johnson & Johnson and its subsidiary, Ethicon. The award breaks down as $50 million in punitive damages and $7.1 million in compensatory damages for plaintiff Ella Ebaugh, a Pennsylvania resident, according to court documents.Read [ $57.1M Ethicon TVT Secur Mesh Verdict Awarded ]
- Defense Win in Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Reversed By Gordon Gibb (Aug-3-17)
- Prolift Transvaginal Mesh Introduced Without FDA Pre-Market Clearance: Report By Gordon Gibb (Jul-1-17)
- Woman Awarded $2.1M in Fourth Pelvic Mesh Trial By Lucy Campbell (Jun-15-17)
- Heartbreaking Stories Abound Surrounding Surgical Mesh By Gordon Gibb (Jun-4-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Tossed on Appeal By Gordon Gibb (May-15-17)
- $20M Verdict Awarded in Third Ethicon TVT Mesh Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (May-15-17)
- Complicated TVM Mesh Lawsuit Settles By Gordon Gibb (Apr-27-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Global Roundup: Sensational, Scandal and Settlement By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Victim Speaks Candidly about Sex Problems By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-17)
- Canadian Transvaginal Mesh Class Action By Jane Mundy (Feb-28-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Litigation: Positive Start to 2017 By Jane Mundy (Jan-21-17)
- Inside the $13 Million Pelvic Mesh Award: A Defendant Without Empathy By Gordon Gibb (Jan-18-17)
- A Tangle of Hernia Mesh Complaints By Jane Mundy (Jan-15-17)
- $13.7M Ethicon Vaginal Mesh Award Should Stand By Lucy Campbell (Jan-6-17)
- Ten Long Years: Transvaginal Mesh Victim Finally gets Justice By Jane Mundy (Dec-26-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Complication Increases with Procedures Performed in Tandem By Gordon Gibb (Dec-9-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Woman Waits for Justice By Brenda Craig (Nov-30-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Deaths Reported as Injuries? By Jane Mundy (Nov-25-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Complication No Respecter of Borders By Gordon Gibb (Nov-11-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Problems in Canada By Brenda Craig (Nov-4-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Doctors Still in Denial By Jane Mundy (Oct-29-16)
- The Business of Transvaginal Mesh By Jane Mundy (Oct-16-16)
- Illicit Enterprises: From Stolen Kidneys to Cash for AMS Transvaginal Mesh By Jane Mundy (Sep-29-16)
- Plaintiff Appeals Boston Scientific Verdict and Wins New Trial By Jane Mundy (Sep-15-16)
- Kentucky Files Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Against J&J for Deceptive Marketing By Jane Mundy (Aug-30-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh POP v SUI Warning By Jane Mundy (Aug-2-16)
- Boston Scientific Transvaginal Mesh Settlements Could Take Time By Lucy Campbell (Jul-28-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh and FDA Failure By Jane Mundy (Jul-27-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Warnings Added to Labels By Jane Mundy (Jul-5-16)
- Canadian Transvaginal Mesh Claims Gaining Ground By Jane Mundy (Jun-23-16)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Scammers? By Jane Mundy (Jun-2-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Revision Surgery on the Rise By Jane Mundy (May-25-16)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Settlements—Too Little, Too Late? By Jane Mundy (May-2-16)
- Canadian Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Apr-29-16)
- Allergic to AMS Transvaginal Mesh By Jane Mundy (Apr-12-16)
- $11.1M Ethicon Vaginal Mesh Settlement Upheld on Appeal By Lucy Campbell (Apr-1-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh: Men Also Suffer By Jane Mundy (Mar-29-16)
- Endo Stops Making AMS Transvaginal Mesh By Jane Mundy (Mar-13-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh—The Past Five Years By Jane Mundy (Feb-21-16)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Settlement Money “Chump Change” By Jane Mundy (Feb-14-16)