Home Page >> Testosterone Treatment Lawsuit (Androgel, Androderm, Axirom, Bio-T-Gel, Delatestryl, Dep-Testosterone, Fortesta, Striant, Testim & Testopel Lawsuit) >> Articles
Testosterone Treatment Articles
October 11, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Chicago, IL: AbbiVie, maker of the testosterone replacement therapy AndroGel, has been ordered to pay over $140 million to a man who alleges he suffered a heart attack as a result of using the drug.Read [ Androgel Heart Attack Victim Awarded $140M ]
October 9, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Chicago, IL: The second bellwether testosterone lawsuit in testosterone multidistrict litigation ended in similar fashion to the first: a sizeable punitive damages award, together with a jury finding that defendant AbbVie Inc. was not liable for heart issues suffered by the plaintiffs in the respective trials.Read [ Second Testosterone Bellwether Lawsuit Wraps in Illinois ]
September 5, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Chicago, IL: The makers of a testosterone supplement that only carries FDA approval for hypogonadism (severely depleted testosterone) but nonetheless has been heavily marketed to treat a largely manufactured disease, won their day in court at the end of last month when a jury in state court found in favor of AndroGel manufacturer AbbVie. The decision translates to a loss for the plaintiff, who alleged in his testosterone lawsuit that his heart attack was associated with his use of AndroGel.Read [ Testosterone Lawsuits Begin, Outcomes Split ]
July 4, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Chicago, IL: AbbVie Inc., the makers of AndroGel, have garnered the lion’s share of attention (and the highest proportion of lawsuits) in the testosterone side effects MDL to date. However Eli Lilly and Co. (Lilly), the manufacturer of Axiron, is the subject of renewed focus after the federal judge in Illinois overseeing multidistrict litigation last month selected the first two bellwether cases that will go to trial next year (In re: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Products Liability Litigation, Case No: 1:14-cv-01748, in the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois).Read [ Eli Lilly & Co. Testosterone Bellwether Trials Scheduled for 2018 ]
May 9, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: Testosterone side effects associated with the usage of testosterone supplements and gels have, up until now, focused on cardiovascular issues. But now there is new research that suggests there is a cognitive price to pay.Read [ Testosterone Gels Get a Failing Grade in More Ways Than One ]
March 31, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: As testosterone side effects lawsuits continue to roll in, a study published last month in JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) appears to confirm long-held assertions that testosterone therapy in otherwise healthy men serves only to increase the risks for heart attack and stroke needlessly.Read [ Latest Study Suggests AndroGel Increases Arterial Plaque in Older Men ]
February 26, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Chicago, IL: With the US and Canada remaining both direct neighbors and close trading partners, the Canadian equivalent to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) often mirrors safety updates issued by the FDA for drugs and medications. In specific cases, the Canadian position is in some measure more aggressive than its US counterpart. However when the FDA, in October of last year updated warnings to testosterone side effects inherent to testosterone supplements, Health Canada chose not to follow suit.Read [ While FDA Suggests Potential for Testosterone Abuse, Health Canada Takes a Pass ]
January 24, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Chicago, IL: Plaintiffs in testosterone lawsuits against defendant AbbVie Inc. found themselves momentarily distracted from the allegations at hand earlier this month when the Illinois federal judge overseeing multidistrict litigation over testosterone side effects needed to rule on a motion submitted by the defendant to trim a report from an expert witness in the case.Read [ Testosterone Defendant Attempts to Limit Scope of Expert Witness ]
November 23, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Washington, DC: As plaintiffs in testosterone lawsuits wait for the testosterone side effect litigation to move forward, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has announced it has approved new labeling changes that will affect all prescription testosterone therapies. The new testosterone labels affect both the Warning and the Abuse and Dependence sections of the drugs' label.Read [ FDA Announces New Testosterone Warnings ]
October 26, 2016. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: All prescription testosterone products will now carry class-wide labeling changes introduced by The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to warn of the health risks associated with testosterone abuse and dependence.Read [ Prescription Testosterone Products Get New FDA Health Warnings ]
- Belgian AndroGel Manufacturer Attempts to Duck Testosterone Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Oct-17-16)
- Testosterone Bellwether Trials Chosen By Heidi Turner (Sep-1-16)
- Testosterone’s Benefit is Reversed in Robust Marketing to the Wrong Patient By Gordon Gibb (Aug-4-16)
- Study Suggests Testosterone Use Not Backed By Science By Heidi Turner (Jul-2-16)
- A New Canadian Testosterone Study Is a Catch-22 By Gordon Gibb (Jun-4-16)
- Testosterone Litigation Rising Amid Claims of Heart Attacks and Strokes By The National Trial Lawyers (May-20-16)
- Study Suggests Link between Testosterone and Calcification By Heidi Turner (May-7-16)
- New Study Appears to Suggest Benefits from Testosterone in Elderly Men By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-16)
- Tiger Blood, Osteonecrosis and Testosterone By Heidi Turner (Mar-10-16)
- Testosterone Side Effects: Centralization for Some Lawsuits Hinges on Ruling By Gordon Gibb (Feb-3-16)
- Testosterone Lawsuit: Low-T Quiz By Heidi Turner (Jan-14-16)
- Twin Heart Attacks Give Rise to His Testosterone Ire By Gordon Gibb (Dec-18-15)
- More Than 3,000 Testosterone Lawsuits Consolidated for Proceedings By Heidi Turner (Nov-18-15)
- Testosterone for Low-T: The Optics Are Just Getting Worse By Gordon Gibb (Oct-22-15)
- Testosterone Lawsuits Continue to Grow By Heidi Turner (Sep-23-15)
- Plaintiffs Weigh the Pros and Cons of Testosterone—a Rising Dilemma By Gordon Gibb (Aug-13-15)
- Still More Lawsuits Added to Testosterone MDL By Heidi Turner (Jul-27-15)
- Defense by Testosterone Manufacturer Cold Comfort for Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (Jun-2-15)
- More Than 1,000 Testosterone Lawsuits Filed By Heidi Turner (May-3-15)
- Maryland Plaintiff Alleges Testim Caused His Testosterone Heart Attack By Gordon Gibb (Apr-6-15)
- First-time Testosterone Replacement Therapy Users Show Increased Risk of Heart Attack By Brenda Craig (Mar-24-15)
- FDA Demands Warnings for Cardiovascular Risks on all Prescription Testosterone Low-T Products By Lucy Campbell (Mar-4-15)
- Testosterone Lawsuit Remanded to State Court in California By Gordon Gibb (Oct-21-14)
- FDA Panel Recommends Limiting Use of Testosterone By Heidi Turner (Sep-28-14)
- “Iron Man” Blames Stroke on Testosterone Therapy By Jane Mundy (Sep-6-14)
- Testosterone Lawsuits: The Hits Just Keep On Coming By Gordon Gibb (Aug-18-14)
- Testosterone Widows File AndroGel Claims By Jane Mundy (Aug-12-14)
- New Class-Action Testosterone Lawsuit Launched in Canada By Gordon Gibb (Jul-31-14)
- FDA Convenes Advisory Panel Meeting on Testosterone Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Jul-25-14)
- FDA Slaps Another Warning on Testosterone—Too Late for Many By Jane Mundy (Jul-18-14)
- Testosterone Side Effects Are the New Smoking Guns By Gordon Gibb (Jul-10-14)
- Lawsuits Claim Testosterone Unsafe By Jane Mundy (Jun-29-14)
- Testosterone Side Effects: Researchers Looking for Answers By Heidi Turner (Jun-22-14)
- FDA Requires Blood Clot Warning on Testosterone Products By Lucy Campbell (Jun-20-14)
- Testosterone Therapy Lawsuits Consolidated By Jane Mundy (Jun-16-14)
- Plaintiffs Getting Testy Over Testosterone Side Effects By Gordon Gibb (Jun-7-14)
- Latest Testosterone Litigation: Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (May-29-14)
- Low-T: Creating a Problem, Manufacturing a Cure By The National Trial Lawyers (May-27-14)
- The Great Testosterone Debate Getting Harder to Pin Down By Gordon Gibb (May-24-14)
- With Controversy Over Testosterone Side Effects, Public Citizen Wants Product Removed By Heidi Turner (May-19-14)