August 9, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Closing Loophole Would Help Generic Reglan Tardive Dyskinesia Patients ]
New York, NY Months after the Supreme Court ruled that generic drug companies do not share the same level of responsibility as their brand-name counterparts when it comes to updates of their product labeling, a noted New York publication continued to push for the generic labeling loophole in the law to be closed. Such a response would benefit patients suffering from Reglan tardive dyskinesia, regardless of whether or not the adverse reaction was triggered by a generic, or name brand Reglan.
January 1, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Your Reglan Lawsuit: Is Time Running Out on You? ]
Washington, DC Reglan side effects—some of them extremely serious and debilitating—have resulted for many in a Reglan lawsuit, as plaintiffs attempt to pursue compensation for a life and lifestyle negatively, and often permanently, impacted by taking the drug as prescribed. Reglan tardive dyskinesia, for example, can prevent one from doing his or her job safely. The involuntary shaking associated with the condition can also be socially embarrassing—especially for a young person.
June 23, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Supreme Court Rules on Generic Reglan against Tardive Dyskinesia Victims ]
Washington, DC The Supreme Court ruled today, in a 5-4 decision, that generic drug companies do not share the same level of responsibility as the makers of brand-name drugs to update their product labeling. The ruling effectively ends two separate lawsuits brought by two women who claim they suffered severe medical complications from using a generic form of Reglan.
April 17, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Three Texas Men Sue over Reglan Tardive Dyskinesia ]
Marshall, TX Three plaintiffs are taking a handful of defendants to court over the emergence of Parkinson's, Reglan tardive dyskinesia and another condition allegedly caused by the long-term use of metoclopramide (Reglan). According to the March 2 issue of the Southeast Texas Record, the plaintiffs claim they had no idea that using the drug over the long haul would trigger such debilitating adverse reactions.
April 3, 2011. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Generic Drug Lawsuit and the Safety Debate ]
Washington, DC The US Supreme Court is currently debating whether generic drug manufacturers should be held liable for failing to warn users about the safety risks posed by their products, just as brand-name drug makers are.
February 20, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Two-Year Anniversary of Reglan Black Box Warning Almost Up ]
Portland, OR For patients who have been waiting to see how Reglan side effects lawsuits play out, the time is almost up to contact an attorney. Patients who developed Reglan drug side effects but do not contact an attorney by February 26 may lose the opportunity to file a Reglan lawsuit. Patients who took Reglan for longer than three months and suffered side effects such as tardive dyskinesia are advised to contact an attorney as soon as possible.
February 14, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Tardive Dyskinesia One of Major Reglan Side Effects ]
Scottsdale, AZ According to the Mayo Clinic, Reglan side effects can occasionally include high fever or difficulty breathing, and patients are encouraged to contact their doctors if they experience any such symptoms.
February 11, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Time Running Out to Contact a Reglan Attorney ]
Seattle, WA Those people who have been watching news about Reglan side effects may realize that the two-year anniversary of the black box warning linking Reglan and tardive dyskinesia is almost up. In some situations, that may also mean that the statute of limitations concerning filing a Reglan lawsuit may also be up. Although cases alleging Reglan tardive dyskinesia may be taken on a case-by-case basis, patients considering filing a Reglan lawsuit should contact an attorney as soon as possible.
January 27, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Reglan: Real People, Real Heartbreak ]
Washington, DC The pain in their words is palpable. Real people, reaching out to cyberspace and pleading to anyone who will listen, about their suffering from Reglan side effects. Various aspects of metoclopramide have proven to be a complication for many to varying degrees, with the worst being tardive dyskinesia—an often irreversible condition characterized by involuntary movements of limbs, eyes, the mouth and tongue. The result can be devastating.
December 29, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Supreme Court to Hear Case on Mislabeling of Reglan Side Effects ]
Washington, DC The Supreme Court said recently that it will decide whether drug companies could be sued over allegations that they did not provide proper warnings for Reglan side effects and risks of other drugs, ABC News reports.
- Generic Reglan Legal Decision Expected in June By Gordon Gibb (Dec-19-10)
- Patient Told He Needed to Take Reglan for the Rest of His Life By Heidi Turner (Dec-11-10)
- Reglan Users Should Beware of Misdiagnosis By Heidi Turner (Nov-28-10)
- Solicitor General Files Brief in Generic Reglan Lawsuit By Charles Benson (Nov-15-10)
- The Clock Is Ticking on Reglan Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Nov-9-10)
- Reglan Sent Guidance Counselor to the Psych Ward By Jane Mundy (Nov-2-10)
- Neurologist Tells Patient Reglan Caused Tardive Dyskinesia By Jane Mundy (Oct-28-10)
- Reglan Lawsuit Filed in New Orleans By Charles Benson (Oct-20-10)
- Reglan Tardive Dyskinesia Mis-Diagnosed as Parkinson's Disease By Jane Mundy (Oct-15-10)
- Warnings for Reglan Tardive Dyskinesia Need to be Stark By Gordon Gibb (Oct-4-10)
- Dealing with Reglan Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Sep-26-10)
- Medication Lawsuit Cites Case Involving Reglan By Charles Benson (Sep-25-10)
- Did You Take Reglan for Longer than Three Months? You May Have a Claim By Heidi Turner (Sep-17-10)
- More Reglan Plaintiffs Dissing Their Dyskinesia in Court By Gordon Gibb (Sep-3-10)
- Reglan Patients Should Keep Eye on Statute of Limitations By Heidi Turner (Aug-28-10)
- Attorney: Statute of Limitations on Reglan Lawsuits Running out By Heidi Turner (Aug-16-10)
- Lawsuits for Generic Reglan Rising By Gordon Gibb (Aug-12-10)
- Two Reglan Lawsuits Filed in Louisiana By Charles Benson (Aug-6-10)
- New Jersey Court Centralizes Reglan Lawsuits By Charles Benson (Jul-29-10)
- Reglan Lawsuit Goes to Trial July 26 By Heidi Turner (Jul-24-10)
- Obesity Epidemic Could Increase Emergence of Reglan Side Effects By Gordon Gibb (Jul-19-10)
- How Does the Statute of Limitations Affect Reglan Patients? By Heidi Turner (Jul-12-10)
- Another Reglan Lawsuit Filed By Heidi Turner (Jun-25-10)
- Mother Sues, Alleges Reglan Harmed Her Child By Gordon Gibb (Jun-20-10)
- Reglan Side Effects: "You Can't Stop Them" By Heidi Turner (Jun-12-10)
- Reglan Lawsuits Lead to Debate Over Corporate Immunity for Generic Drug Makers By Charles Benson (Jun-4-10)
- Generic Reglan Lawsuits Spring Up By Heidi Turner (May-28-10)
- Reglan Side Effects Can Run the Entire Demographic Spectrum By Gordon Gibb (May-21-10)
- Risk of Reglan Side Effects in Infants and the Elderly By Heidi Turner (May-15-10)
- Concerns of Reglan Side Effects Grow Due to Wider Prescriptions By Charles Benson (May-7-10)
- Reglan Lawsuit Alleges Warning Was False and Misleading By Heidi Turner (May-1-10)
- Will Reglan Side Effects Worsen with Health Care Reforms? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-27-10)
- Attorney Roger Drake Speaks about Reglan By Heidi Turner (Apr-20-10)
- Reglan Tardive Dyskinesia Sufferer: "I'm Angry" By Gordon Gibb (Apr-1-10)
- Should Reglan Be Used to Treat Infants and Children? By Heidi Turner (Mar-26-10)
- Black Box Warning for Reglan Tardive Dyskinesia More Than a Year Old By Gordon Gibb (Mar-18-10)
- Reglan not Approved for Infant Use By Heidi Turner (Mar-11-10)
- Research Study Seeks Means to Avoid Reglan Side Effects By Charles Benson (Mar-3-10)
- Taking Reglan for Your Migraine Could Give You a Bigger Headache By Gordon Gibb (Feb-27-10)
- Nurse Discusses Reglan Use in Infants By Heidi Turner (Feb-20-10)