Home Page >> Plane Crashes >> Articles
Airplane Crash Articles
July 7, 2013.
Read [ San Francisco Plane Crash – Airport Also Under Investigation ]
San Francisco, CA The Asiana Airlines Boeing 777 that crashed Saturday morning while landing at San Francisco International Airport has left two people dead and 182 people sent to hospitals, 50 of whom are in critical condition. Reports from various sources say it is “incredible” and “lucky” there are so many survivors.
August 19, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Fiery Small Plane Crash ]
New York, NY A small plane crash near a residential area in Shirley has left one person dead and two others taken to hospital with burns. It is not yet known whether the deceased was the pilot.
April 6, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Navy Jet Crash Sets Fire to Apartments ]
Virginia Beach, FL A Navy jet that crashed into an apartment complex sent at least five people to hospital with injuries. One victim is believed to be one of the pilots—the two pilots apparently ejected before impact—and one other is a civilian who suffered smoke inhalation from the burning apartment buildings. Other injuries have not yet been determined.
September 18, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Death Toll Rises in Reno Plane Crash ]
Reno, NV The death toll in a Reno plane crash has reportedly risen to nine, with more than 50 people injured, some of them seriously. Initial reports said that three people died in the plane accident, in which a plane involved in a race plunged into the spectator stands. Killed in the airplane crash were the pilot, Jimmy Leeward, and eight spectators.
September 17, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Horrific Plane Crash Kills Three ]
Reno, NV At least three people have died and 50 more were injured in a horrific plane crash in Reno on Friday. The airplane crash occurred at an air race, and took the life of the 74-year-old pilot and at least two race spectators. Many of the injured suffered life-threatening injuries in the airplane accident, in which the plane plunged into the spectator stands.
July 31, 2011. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Planes Collide Over Alaska leaving Four Dead ]
Trapper Creek, AK Two single-engine float airplanes collided in mid-air Saturday afternoon near Trapper Creek, Alaska, killing four people. The pilot of the second plane (the only person aboard) made an emergency landing in Anchorage. This is the second airplane crash in Alaska this month.
March 29, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ US Airways Plane Grounded After Hole Discovered in Fuselage ]
Charlotte, NC A pilot doing a pre-flight inspection to his commercial aircraft discovered a small hole in the exterior fuselage of the plane, CNN reported late yesterday. The US Airways 737-400 was loading for a flight when the pilot noticed the breach in the plane's fuselage, and alerted authorities.
March 18, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ California Plane Crash Kills Five, Injures One ]
Long Beach, CA People continue to speculate as to what caused a plane crash Wednesday near Long Beach Airport, killing five. According to a report from KTLA, the Beechcraft King Air plane had taken off from the airport, circled, and was trying to land, when the plane slammed into the ground, erupting into a fireball.
February 22, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Lawsuits Pending in Buffalo Plane Crash ]
Buffalo, NY It has been two years since the tragic plane crash of Continental Connection Flight 3407 near Buffalo, New York. The airplane crash, officially blamed on pilot error, killed all 49 people on board the plane and one person on the ground. Although some lawsuits filed by the families of plane crash victims have been settled, many more are currently pending.
February 16, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ United Grounds 757 Fleet for Unscheduled Maintenance ]
Chicago, IL United Airlines has temporarily grounded no fewer than 96 of its Boeing 757 airplanes for what officials deemed as "unscheduled maintenance," CNN reported this morning. Although 15 flights were cancelled February 15—the day of the grounding—the airline indicated that operations should return to normal today.
- Plane Crash in Iraq Kills 3 Americans By Lucy Campbell (Feb-7-11)
- Two People Killed in South Carolina Plane Crash By Charles Benson (Feb-2-11)
- Can Electronic Devices Cause Plane Crashes? By Heidi Turner (Jan-28-11)
- Small Plane Crash Kills 2 By Lucy Campbell (Jan-18-11)
- Small Plane Crash at Birmingham International Kills One By Lucy Campbell (Jan-6-11)
- Pilot's Daughter Killed in New Year's Day Airplane Accident By Gordon Gibb (Jan-6-11)
- Three Dead in Russian Plane Accident By Heidi Turner (Jan-1-11)
- Plane Crash in Wyoming Mountains Kills 3 By Lucy Campbell (Dec-28-10)
- Pilot Flying Solo Killed in California Plane Crash By Charles Benson (Dec-27-10)
- Three Dead in Louisiana Plane Crash By Heidi Turner (Dec-18-10)
- Small Plane Crash in Bahamas Kills One By Lucy Campbell (Dec-16-10)
- Small Plane Crashes, Explodes on Runway, Injures One By Lucy Campbell (Dec-13-10)
- Plane Crashes near Houses, Pilot Survives By Gordon Gibb (Dec-8-10)
- French Court Finds Continental Airlines and Mechanic Guilty In 2000 Concord Crash By Lucy Campbell (Dec-6-10)
- Ponka City Plane Crash By Jane Mundy (Dec-5-10)
- Plane Crash in western Massachusetts By Jane Mundy (Dec-5-10)
- Plane Crash in Pakistan By Jane Mundy (Nov-27-10)
- Three People Killed in Florida Plane Crash By Charles Benson (Nov-25-10)
- Small Plane Crash Kills All on Board By Lucy Campbell (Nov-22-10)
- Small Plane Crash Kill 3 in Florida By Lucy Campbell (Nov-12-10)
- Plane Crash in Cuba Kills 68 By Lucy Campbell (Nov-5-10)
- Lufthansa, Singapore and Qantas Ground Airbus A380s By Lucy Campbell (Nov-5-10)
- Plane Loses Part of an Engine Mid-Flight By Heidi Turner (Nov-4-10)
- Small Plane Crash Kills 4 Family Members By Lucy Campbell (Nov-3-10)
- Hole Blows Open in Boston-Bound Boeing 757, Forces Emergency Landing By Lucy Campbell (Oct-29-10)
- California Plane Crash Kills Three By Charles Benson (Oct-27-10)
- Plane Crash Kills Three in LA County By Jane Mundy (Oct-22-10)
- Plane Crash Kills 4 Americans By Lucy Campbell (Oct-18-10)
- When a Plane Crash Isn't a Plane Crash But Could Be By Gordon Gibb (Oct-18-10)
- Georgia Plagued by Small Plane Crashes By Gordon Gibb (Oct-10-10)
- Three Burned in Catalina Plane Crash By Lucy Campbell (Oct-4-10)
- Delta Pilot Saves All Passengers and Crew in JFK Emergency Landing By Lucy Campbell (Sep-27-10)
- Pilot Error, Air Traffic Controller Distraction Resulted in Plane Crash By Heidi Turner (Sep-26-10)
- Plane Crash in Venezuela Kills Two By Lucy Campbell (Sep-13-10)
- NTSB Again Calling for Airline Simulator Improvements By Gordon Gibb (Sep-11-10)
- Small Plane Crashes onto Nevada Street, Killing One By Gordon Gibb (Sep-8-10)
- Small Plane Crash Kills 3 By Lucy Campbell (Sep-3-10)
- JetBlue Airbus Crashes On Sacramento Airstrip By Lucy Campbell (Aug-26-10)
- American Airlines Could Face $25 Million in Fines By Heidi Turner (Aug-24-10)
- Malware Implicated in Spanair Plane Crash By Jane Mundy (Aug-23-10)