Home Page >> Surgical Mesh Complications >> Articles
Surgical Mesh Articles
December 18, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Atlanta, GA As the Ethicon Physiomesh hernia patch lawsuits start to go to trial in January 2018, all eyes will be on the fate of two competing arguments. Plaintiffs in the cases centralized as In RE: Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation will argue that the mesh was defectively designed. Defendants, Johnson & Johnson and Ethicon, will argue that patients’ severe organ damage was caused by something else. Early bellwether trials are always important because they give an indication of the strength of the cases and the likelihood and probable size of a settlement offer. The particular future for these surgical mesh lawsuit plaintiffs hangs on which version of reality the court finds more compelling.Read [ Two Arguments to Watch in Physiomesh Bellwether Trials ]
November 18, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Anniston, MO:: Since Jane had her first transvaginal mesh implant she has dealt with pain and incontinence (she didn’t even have this issue before the implant), two rounds of Botox, self-catheterization, and infections and if it can’t get any worse, she and her husband can no longer have sexual intercourse.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh Victim calls Implant the “Alien Thing” ]
November 16, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
White Plains, NY: In spite of a product recall of the troubled Ethicon Physiomesh last year, lawsuits brought by hernia patients negatively impacted by the failed medical device continue to be filed. To that end, a surgical mesh lawsuit was filed this past September by a plaintiff in US District Court for the Southern District of New York.Read [ Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Alleges Defective Product ]
November 4, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Atlanta, GA: Ethicon Physiomesh may be off the market at the behest of its manufacturer, but that hasn’t stemmed the flood of lawsuits that have been piling up in multidistrict litigation. In this case, the surgical mesh lawsuit has been filed by a plaintiff with the surname Flood.Read [ Texas Plaintiff Joins Flood of Lawsuits Citing Ethicon Physiomesh Problems ]
Court Documents Reveals J&J Transvaginal Mesh Marketed Ahead of Competitors “Priceless”, Causing Outrage Overseas
October 31, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
London, UK: Politicians and Professors of medicine in the U.K. are condemning the decision to launch transvaginal mesh without a clinical trial and demanding a public inquiry into the mesh.Read [ Court Documents Reveals J&J Transvaginal Mesh Marketed Ahead of Competitors “Priceless”, Causing Outrage Overseas ]
October 14, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
New Orleans, LA: A recent hernia mesh lawsuit was filed at the end of September in Louisiana by a plaintiff who underwent surgical repair for a hernia a year ago this month, only to experience surgical mesh side effects that necessitated revision surgery just six months later. The Bard Ventralex ST Hernia Mesh, manufactured by C.R. Bard (Bard) and Davol Inc. (Davol), is alleged to have left plaintiff Richard Stipelcovich in “excruciating” abdominal pain.Read [ Is Abdominal Mesh Overused? ]
October 3, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
London, UK: An exhaustive story in The Guardian (08/31/17) sheds some interesting sidelights into transvaginal mesh side effects, an issue that has proven to mushroom in size and breadth since the advent of transvaginal mesh, or TVM mesh repair for various health issues affecting a wide cross section of women at middle age. The number of plaintiffs having filed a transvaginal mesh lawsuit has mushroomed in kind: The Guardian reports that no fewer than 100,000 lawsuits have been filed in the US alone by women alleging TVM mesh complications.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh “Like Being Cut with a Cheese Wire” ]
September 26, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Sydney, AU: An Australian transvaginal mesh inquiry underway involves complaints that would make good copy for a vulgar tabloid. One victim testified how she was told the mesh would make her feel like a “16-year-old virgin”. But if it takes sensational accounts such as these to make more women aware of transvaginal mesh side effects, all the better. These women are heroic for sharing such personal details.Read [ Victim told Transvaginal Mesh would make her “Feel like a 16-year-old Virgin” ]
September 14, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: A surgical mesh lawsuit plaintiff whose case fell to a defense verdict at trial, may nonetheless come away with something after the trial judge granted the plaintiff’s petition for damages. The manufacturer of the pelvic mesh involved, Ethicon Inc. (Ethicon), has appealed the judge’s ruling that the matter can progress to a damage hearing. In so doing, Kimberly Adkins’ case has been revived, at least for now.Read [ Surgical Mesh Manufacturer to Appeal Revival of Mesh Lawsuit ]
September 13, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Dublin, IRELAND: A decision last month by a Dublin-based manufacturer of transvaginal mesh to wind up all known US claims associated with transvaginal mesh complications flew under the radar, but is nonetheless worth three-quarters of a billion dollars.Read [ Irish TVM Manufacturer Announces Settlement Pool worth $775 Million ]
- “The More I Find Out about this Hernia Mesh, the Angrier I Get, “ says Surgical Mesh Victim By Jane Mundy (Aug-29-17)
- Pain from Surgical Mesh Complications Dropped Physiomesh Patient “To My Knees” By Gordon Gibb (Aug-12-17)
- Defense Win in Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Reversed By Gordon Gibb (Aug-3-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Agony and Advice By Jane Mundy (Jul-26-17)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Withdrawn from Market, Never Formally Recalled By Gordon Gibb (Jul-17-17)
- Prolift Transvaginal Mesh Introduced Without FDA Pre-Market Clearance: Report By Gordon Gibb (Jul-1-17)
- Canadians Miffed at Failed Physiomesh Approved Under FDA 510(k) Clearance By Gordon Gibb (Jun-29-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Complaints Rise in Canada, MDL Established in the US By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-17)
- Woman Awarded $2.1M in Fourth Pelvic Mesh Trial By Lucy Campbell (Jun-15-17)
- Heartbreaking Stories Abound Surrounding Surgical Mesh By Gordon Gibb (Jun-4-17)
- Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Nets $2.16 Million for Pen Argyl Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (May-28-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Tossed on Appeal By Gordon Gibb (May-15-17)
- $20M Verdict Awarded in Third Ethicon TVT Mesh Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (May-15-17)
- Canada Concerned about Abdominal Hernia Mesh—and the 501k Process By Jane Mundy (May-8-17)
- Complicated TVM Mesh Lawsuit Settles By Gordon Gibb (Apr-27-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Global Roundup: Sensational, Scandal and Settlement By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Recipient has More Pain after Hernia Surgery By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Victim Speaks Candidly about Sex Problems By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-17)
- Two Recent Surgical Mesh Lawsuits Assert Ethicon Physiomesh is Defective By Gordon Gibb (Mar-15-17)
- First Physiomesh Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Slated for Trial – and More Mesh Complications By Jane Mundy (Mar-1-17)
- Canadian Transvaginal Mesh Class Action By Jane Mundy (Feb-28-17)
- Plaintiff Claims C-Qur Mesh Biologically Incompatible with Human Tissue By Gordon Gibb (Feb-19-17)
- Hernia Mesh Implants: Risks Outweigh Benefits By Jane Mundy (Feb-5-17)
- Something Fishy Allegedly Going on with Atrium C-QUR Mesh By Gordon Gibb (Jan-28-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Litigation: Positive Start to 2017 By Jane Mundy (Jan-21-17)
- A Tangle of Hernia Mesh Complaints By Jane Mundy (Jan-15-17)
- Attorney Anticipates Surgical Mesh and Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits Similar in Volume By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-17)
- Surgical Mesh Lawsuit to Proceed By Gordon Gibb (Dec-23-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Complication Increases with Procedures Performed in Tandem By Gordon Gibb (Dec-9-16)
- New Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Filed By Heidi Turner (Nov-26-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Deaths Reported as Injuries? By Jane Mundy (Nov-25-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Complication No Respecter of Borders By Gordon Gibb (Nov-11-16)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Springs from Medical Device Withdrawl By Gordon Gibb (Nov-2-16)
- Attorney: Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Mesh Withdrawn Due to High Revision Rates By Heidi Turner (Oct-22-16)
- Kugel Mesh One Helluva Mess By Jane Mundy (Feb-28-15)
- Living with Hernia versus Kugel Mesh By Jane Mundy (Dec-14-14)
- Kugel Mesh Victim Says She Would Rather Live with a Hernia By Jane Mundy (Oct-23-14)
- Kugel Mesh Lawsuits Still Being Filed By Heidi Turner (Sep-18-14)
- Attorney Wins Verdicts (and Loses One) for Kugel Mesh Plaintiffs By Jane Mundy (Aug-9-14)
- Kugel Mesh—Erosion and Litigation By Jane Mundy (Jul-22-14)