Home Page >> Medical Malpractice Injuries >> Articles
Medical Malpractice Articles
December 26, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Muscogee County, GA: In what is believed to be one of the largest awards to a patient for a Georgia medical malpractice lawsuit in the State, a brain-damaged plaintiff goes home with a total of $26 million after a Superior Court jury found St. Francis Hospital Inc. (St. Francis) 100 percent liable for the post-surgery injuries sustained by patient Sandra Williams.Read [ $26 Million Georgia Medical Malpractice Award One of the Largest in the State ]
November 17, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Atlanta, GA: A Georgia widow has filed a Medical Malpractice lawsuit against an Atlanta hospital group. She is charging that negligent care caused her husband to endure fourth-degree bedsores during his stay at the facility and resulted in unnecessary suffering that ultimately lead to his death.Read [ Georgia Widow Sues Hospital for Bedsores ]
October 19, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Atlanta, GA: A Medical Malpractice trial that began last month over a Georgia grandmother’s bowel obstruction and subsequent death has resulted in a $6 million verdict against one doctor. Another medical negligence case found the anesthesiologist responsible for a woman’s death and resulted in a $22 million jury award, but the doctor’s attorney has asked the Georgia Supreme Court for a new trial.Read [ Two Georgia Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Question Medical Judgement ]
September 13, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Atlanta, GA: A Georgia mother who accused her nurse midwife of negligence which allegedly led to injuries suffered by the plaintiff’s child will not have her Georgia medical malpractice lawsuit revived unless she is prepared to take the matter to a higher court.Read [ Georgia Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Lost on Appeal ]
August 14, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Atlanta, GA: In May 2015, Cynthia Ziegler from Brookhaven, Georgia received a devastating diagnosis from her doctor. Ziegler had stage IV lung cancer and there was no reason for optimism. Until that day Ziegler had no idea there was a dangerous cancer lurking in her chest.Read [ Cancer Patient Files Lawsuit for Delayed Diagnosis ]
July 15, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Atlanta, GA: A Georgia woman who suffered a heart attack and a debilitating brain injury mere days following the birth of her child was awarded, earlier this year nearly $46 million in damages. The Georgia medical malpractice lawsuit named two doctors and an Atlanta health care facility as defendants, whom a jury in Georgia state court in February found negligent.Read [ Georgia Woman Stricken Following Childbirth Awarded Nearly $46 Million ]
June 7, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Clayton County, GA The efforts of veteran attorney Jonathan Johnson are, at the moment, heavily focused on a medical malpractice case that will have long lasting consequences for a three-year-old boy who will be growing up with a mutilated penis after a circumcision went very wrong.Read [ Botched Circumcision Case in Discovery ]
May 25, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Dallas,TX: A legal showdown is brewing in the state of Texas over that state’s cap on punitive damages. Texas medical malpractice lawyers representing plaintiffs who saw their $502 million jury award over failed DePuy Pinnacle hip implants reduced to $150 million, are challenging the state caps at the same time that DePuy principle Johnson & Johnson is appealing the original verdict.Read [ From $20 Million to Fifty Bucks: Could the Same Thing Happen in Texas? ]
March 3, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: The first bellwether Fresenius trial for people who opted out of the earlier $250 million dollar settlement has failed to make its case, with the jury finding in favor of Fresenius Medical Care.Read [ Granuflo Bellwether Case Fails to Prove Fault ]
August 10, 2016. By The National Trial Lawyers.
A jury in Texas returned a $6,844,543 verdict against the Heart Hospital Baylor Plano for allowing a heart patient to go permanently blind from a complication of open heart surgery.Read [ Dallas Jury in $6.8M Verdict Against Hospital that Let Heart Patient Go Blind ]
- Suicide as a Wrongful Death or Medical Malpractice Suit By Brenda Craig (Jun-14-16)
- Medical Error Third Leading Cause of Death in the US By Lucy Campbell (May-4-16)
- 1% of Physicians Account for One-third of Paid Medical Malpractice Claims By The National Trial Lawyers (Feb-25-16)
- Frivolous Medical Malpractice Suits Are Myth Says Lawyer By Brenda Craig (Jan-20-16)
- Superior Court Issues Opinion in Case Involving Clinical Trial Death By LAS Staff Writer (Mar-31-15)
- $5 Million Award for Knee Replacement Gone Bad By The National Trial Lawyers (Feb-11-15)
- 440,000 Deaths Annually from Preventable Hospital Mistakes By The National Trial Lawyers (Jan-22-15)
- $8.45 Million Awarded for Resuscitation Delay Causing Infant’s Cerebral Palsy By The National Trial Lawyers (Nov-25-14)
- FDA Issues Black Box Warning for Laparascopic Power Morecellators By Lucy Campbell (Nov-24-14)
- California Voters May End 38 Years of Tort Reform By The National Trial Lawyers (Oct-31-14)
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs Recovers $25M Despite Tort Reform Statute By The National Trial Lawyers (Oct-24-14)
- Army Veteran Struggles with Chronic Pain and Veterans Affairs By Brenda Craig (Sep-16-14)
- Veterans’ Attorney Advocate Sees New Class-Action Legal Battlegrounds for Wounded Warriors By Brenda Craig (Jul-12-14)
- VA Has Improved, but Treatment Delays Need to Be Addressed Says Attorney Shanin Specter By Brenda Craig (Jul-8-14)
- Medical Malpractice Suits against Pennsylvania VA Clinic Settled for $1.4M By The National Trial Lawyers (Jun-11-14)
- Chicago Stroke Victim Awarded $14M after Taking Yasmin By The National Trial Lawyers (Apr-22-14)
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Accuses Surgeon of Leaving Procedure Early By Gordon Gibb (Feb-16-14)
- Following Suit: Medical Malpractice and Medical “Never Events” By Lucy Campbell (Jan-29-14)
- Expert Witness Doctor Offers Informative View of Medical Malpractice Litigation By Brenda Craig (Jan-24-14)
- Three Heartbreaking Examples of Alleged Medical Malpractice By Gordon Gibb (Jan-11-14)
- “They Set Me on Fire” By Brenda Craig (Aug-31-13)
- Medtronic Infuse Growing Concerns By Jane Mundy (May-25-13)
- VA Hospital Malpractice Lawsuit an Icy Proposition By Gordon Gibb (Dec-20-12)
- Pfizer to Pay $60 Million To Settle US Charges of Bribing Doctors Abroad By Gordon Gibb (Aug-8-12)
- Orlando Health Attorney Featured in Issue of Medical Economics By Abi Kistler (Aug-7-12)
- Health Care Giant Accused of Unnecessary Procedures By Gordon Gibb (Aug-7-12)
- Another Iraq Veteran with Traumatic Brain Injury By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-12)
- Will Obama Administration Initiative Cut Down on Medical Malpractice? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-16-11)
- VA Medical Malpractice: Veteran Cries Discrimination By Jane Mundy (Apr-5-11)
- VA Hospital Malpractice: Four Lawsuits Seeking $9 Million By Gordon Gibb (Mar-28-11)
- VA Medical Malpractice and PTSD By Jane Mundy (Feb-28-11)
- Is Illinois Medical Malpractice Driving Out Doctors? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-11-11)
- So Attorney Tommy Hastings Takes the Case and Wins $10.7 Million By Brenda Craig (Jan-24-11)
- Clinic Sued for Medical Malpractice By Gordon Gibb (Jan-13-11)
- VA Hospital Malpractice? Congressman Frustrated over Veterans' Lack of Applesauce By Charles Benson (Jan-6-11)
- ER Burn Injuries Result in Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Dec-23-10)
- Partial Victory for Defendant, but VA Hospital Malpractice Lawsuit Can Go Forward By Gordon Gibb (Dec-22-10)
- Veteran Medical Malpractice Awards Could Be Capped By Charles Benson (Nov-30-10)
- Study Finds Hospitals Still Unsafe By Jane Mundy (Nov-27-10)
- Woman Files Medical Malpractice Suit Claiming Lack of Diagnosis Led to Paralysis By Charles Benson (Nov-11-10)