Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch Articles
February 28, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Kugel Mesh One Helluva Mess ]
Appleton, WI “If I knew that some Kugel Mesh had been recalled, I would have insisted on having it taken out sooner,” says Ann. “This mesh had 10 years to seriously damage my body.”
December 14, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Living with Hernia versus Kugel Mesh ]
Los Angeles, CA Harry wishes he had spent more time researching Kugel Mesh before having surgery to treat a hernia. After two more unsuccessful surgeries to remove the Composix Kugel Mesh patch, Harry is filing a Kugel Mesh lawsuit.
October 23, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Kugel Mesh Victim Says She Would Rather Live with a Hernia ]
Muskogee, OK Mary wishes she never had a Kugel Mesh patch implanted to treat a hernia. In fact, she would rather live with a hernia than the Composix Kugel Mesh patch.
September 18, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Kugel Mesh Lawsuits Still Being Filed ]
Houston, TX Although it has been more than three years since Kugel Mesh litigation resulted in a settlement with C.R. Bard, Kugel Mesh lawsuits are still being filed. That’s because some patients received the device before the Kugel Mesh recalls began, and in some cases the hernia repair mesh reportedly can take longer to fail.
August 9, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Attorney Wins Verdicts (and Loses One) for Kugel Mesh Plaintiffs ]
Houston, TX Attorney Derek Potts, who was on the Plaintiffs Steering Committee for the Kugel Mesh litigation, says cases are still being accepted while others have been settled out of court.
July 22, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Kugel Mesh—Erosion and Litigation ]
Houston, TX Although the Composix Kugel Mesh hernia patch was recalled in 2005, and in its wake the manufacturer offered settlements in about 2,600 lawsuits, claims are still being filed. Earlier this year, The American Surgeon reported a case of mesh migration several years after a woman had hernia surgery.
June 13, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Kugel Mesh Litigation in Canada and the US Ongoing ]
Sherman, TX While more than 2,600 Kugel Mesh victims have settled claims from C.R. Bard, the parent company of Davol, people are still filing Kugel Mesh lawsuits claiming the medical device manufacturer failed to adequately design the hernia patches and failed to warn doctors and patients of known problems with the mesh.
May 20, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Kugel Mesh Lawsuits Still Coming In ]
Providence, RI It’s been some time since Kugel mesh has been in the news. The mesh, manufactured by Davol Inc. and its parent company Bard, has been around since first approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1996. Mesh has also, over time, become the preferred method for repair of abdominal hernias. However, what seems to have driven the Kugel Mesh litigation parade is the adoption of placement methods through small incisions, with mesh tightly coiled for insertion, then expanded into place through the deployment of a “memory coil ring.”
March 7, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More Defective Synthetic Mesh with Bard Avaulta ]
Ormond Beach, FL When will Bard stop messing around with people's lives and stop making mesh products, including kugel mesh and Avaulta mesh?
January 29, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Kugel Mesh Lawsuits Favor Plaintiffs ]
Dallas, TX A Texas woman filed a negligence lawsuit against the maker of Kugel Mesh, Davol Inc. and its parent company C.R. Bard Inc., in August 2011, claiming the defendants failed to adequately and properly test and inspect Kugel Mesh to determine whether it was safe.
- Kugel Mesh Attorney: Clock Ticking on Filing Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Mar-11-09)
- Kugel Mesh Patch "Not Doing Its Job" By Heidi Turner (Mar-5-09)
- Kugel Mesh a Mess for Some By Gordon Gibb (Feb-12-09)
- "Extreme Pain" from Kugel Mesh Complications By Heidi Turner (Feb-3-09)
- Patient "Totally Lost" Since Hernia Repair Surgery By Heidi Turner (Jan-17-09)
- Kugel Mesh Patients Have Much to Worry About By Heidi Turner (Jan-10-09)
- Hernia Repair Patch Caused Patient's Death By Heidi Turner (Jan-3-09)
- Questions Remain Over the Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch By Gordon Gibb (Dec-23-08)
- Quality of Life Destroyed by Hernia Repair Patch By Heidi Turner (Dec-19-08)
- Kugel Mesh Ordeal "Stressful" By Heidi Turner (Dec-12-08)
- Kugel Mesh Patch "A Crazy Ordeal" By Heidi Turner (Dec-3-08)
- Kugel Mesh means Perforation, Infection, and Additional Surgery By Gordon Gibb (Nov-26-08)
- Kugel Mesh Complications "Humiliating" By Heidi Turner (Nov-16-08)
- Patient Loses Belly to Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch By Heidi Turner (Nov-12-08)
- Kugel Mesh Manufacturer Receives FDA Warning Letter By Heidi Turner (Nov-7-08)
- Kugel Mesh Infection: What's a Busy Mom to do? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-25-08)
- Hernia Patch "Really Destroyed Me" By Heidi Turner (Oct-10-08)
- Kugel Mesh Patch: "People Who Get Shot Feel Better than I Do" By Heidi Turner (Oct-4-08)
- "Kugel Mesh Patch Really Affected My Life" By Heidi Turner (Oct-2-08)
- Hernia Repair Patches: "Sick of Feeling Sick" By Heidi Turner (Sep-24-08)
- Kugel Mesh Patch: "Painful, Painful, Painful" By Heidi Turner (Sep-7-08)
- Kugel Mesh Patch: "I Can't Stress How Bad It Was" By Heidi Turner (Sep-5-08)
- Recalled Kugel Mesh Implanted Months After Recall By Gordon Gibb (Aug-23-08)
- Kugel Mesh: An Infectious Personality? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-7-08)
- Kugel Mesh Patch: "It feels like your belly's going to fall out on the ground." By Paul Halpern (Mar-2-08)
- "Kugel Mesh has been a Nightmare," says Patient from his Hospital Bed By Paul Halpern (Feb-28-08)
- Kugel Mesh: Federal Court Expands Devices It Will Consider By Gordon Gibb (Feb-21-08)
- Kugel Mesh Patch: Game of Wait-and-See By Heidi Turner (Nov-25-07)
- FDA Still Receiving Reports of Kugel Mesh Problems By Heidi Turner (Nov-16-07)
- Kugel Mesh Patch: "A Terrible Ordeal" By Heidi Turner (Nov-9-07)
- Kugel Mesh Patch: The Psychological Fallout By Gordon Gibb (Oct-31-07)
- Kugel Mesh Patients Not Out of the Woods Yet By Heidi Turner (Sep-20-07)
- Kugel Mesh Patch Lawsuits Consolidated By Heidi Turner (Sep-12-07)
- Kugel Mesh Symptoms Should Not Be Ignored By Heidi Turner (Aug-24-07)
- Kugel Mesh Patch: "Someone Should Be Held Accountable" By Heidi Turner (Aug-14-07)
- Kugel Mesh Lawsuits Building Up By Heidi Turner (Aug-4-07)
- Ohio Lawsuit Claims Death caused by Kugel Mesh Patch By Brenda Frohloff (Jul-19-07)
- Kugel Mesh Recall: What Recall? By Jane Mundy (Jul-18-07)
- Kugel Mesh Risk Widespread: Part 2 By Brenda Frohloff (Jul-13-07)
- Kugel Mesh Risk Widespread: Part 1 By Brenda Frohloff (Jul-11-07)