Home Page >> Januvia >> Articles
November 20, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Trenton, NJ: The FDA warns of fracture risk with Invokana and Invokamet and more recently of a higher risk for foot and leg amputation. The lawsuit chickens have now come home to roost.Read [ Invokana Lawsuits Consolidated into MDL in New Jersey ]
August 22, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Los Angeles, CA: When Janumet (sitagliptin and metformin combined) was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2007, the type 2 diabetes drug was within five years of achieving sales of $1.7 Billion. That year, when Janumet hit blockbuster status by 2012, the parent drug of Janumet – Januvia – earned $4 Billion for manufacturer Merck & Co. Januvia has been associated with Januvia side effects, and has resulted in Januvia cancer lawsuits.Read [ Janumet Patient Felled by Cancer of the Pancreas in 2012 ]
June 24, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Philadelphia, PA Final results from two independent clinical trials indicate the amputation risk for users of the Type 2 Diabetes drug Canagliflozin, marketed as Invokana, Invokamet, Invokamet XR, are much greater than previously understood.Read [ FDA Black Box Warning Adds Fuel to Invokana Lawsuits ]
June 22, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Januvia’s (Almost) Clean Bill of Health Not Ruling Out Januvia Pancreatitis ]
Boston, MA Results of a new study gave Merck’s diabetes drug Januvia a clean bill of health, particularly regarding Januvia heart issues. But there is still some concern about the drug’s link to acute pancreatitis.
April 1, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ “Januvia Killed My Husband” ]
Atlanta, GA If Marti hadn’t researched Januvia after her husband died from pancreatic cancer, she too might also have suffered serious Januvia side effects. “When my doctor prescribed Januvia, I remembered that my husband Don had taken it and there was no way I was going to get Januvia cancer,” says Marti.
February 3, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Januvia “A Killer” ]
Fort Myers, FL Although Claudeth’s father was diabetic, she believes that Januvia killed him. “It wasn’t until after he died that we heard about its link to pancreatitis and Januvia pancreatic cancer. My dad was only 60 years old,” says Claudeth.
January 4, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Pharmacist Warns Patient about Januvia ]
La Crosse, WI Robert believes that he wouldn’t be alive today if not for his pharmacist and wife intervening when he was prescribed Januvia during a hospital stay.
December 2, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Januvia Cancer and Complaints on the Rise ]
San Diego, CA As of November 2014, more than 540 incretin mimetics lawsuits, concerning a class of drugs that includes Januvia, have been filed in the Southern District of California. Claims have been on the rise since the FDA, in March 2013, warned the public that a study had found precancerous changes in the pancreatic cells of Januvia, Byetta and Victoza users.
November 7, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Januvia Damage Done ]
Stouffville, ON After several months of pain, Marcello was diagnosed with pancreatitis, but after he was told to stop taking Januvia. “My doctor never mentioned Januvia pancreatitis but he did tell me to stop taking it,” says Marcello. Needless to say, Marcello changed doctors and he is furious with the Januvia manufacturer.
October 6, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Januvia Lawsuits Moving Forward, Reviews Ongoing ]
New York, NY Product liability claims involving incretin mimetic medications such as Januvia are moving forward in courts nationwide. Plaintiffs allege they developed pancreatic cancer due to their use of these drugs.
- Diabetes Patient and Doctor Suspect Januvia Thyroid Cancer By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-14)
- Januvia Dropped by British Columbia, Added to Litigation By Jane Mundy (Aug-10-14)
- Januvia Heart Failure By Jane Mundy (Jul-9-14)
- Januvia Pancreatic Cancer Lawsuits on the Rise By Jane Mundy (Jun-8-14)
- Januvia Lawsuits Increasing and New Report Links Januvia to Pancreatic Cancer By Jane Mundy (May-21-14)
- Pharmacist to Thank for Januvia Warning By Jane Mundy (Apr-8-14)
- Januvia “a Death Sentence” By Jane Mundy (Mar-26-14)
- Januvia and Pancreatitis: Double Shock By Jane Mundy (Feb-14-14)
- Januvia Pancreatitis Victim Blames Doctor and Merck By Jane Mundy (Jan-28-14)
- Januvia Litigation Busy Year Ahead By Jane Mundy (Dec-27-13)
- Add Another Januvia Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed against Merck By Jane Mundy (Nov-22-13)
- Pancreatitis Patient Qualifies for Januvia Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Oct-3-13)
- Regulators Have Called Off the Dogs, but Concern Over Januvia Lingers By Gordon Gibb (Sep-5-13)
- FDA Not Concerned About Januvia Side Effects, but Consumers Might Be By Heidi Turner (Aug-24-13)
- Proving the Case - Pancreatic Cancer Patients Point Finger at Diabetes Drugs By Brenda Craig (Aug-23-13)
- EMA Decision on Januvia Class Cuts the FDA Some Slack By Gordon Gibb (Aug-13-13)
- Januvia Safety Risks: Mixed Messages from FDA and Researchers By Jane Mundy (Aug-4-13)
- Many a Wary Eye Watching the Potential for Januvia Pancreatic Cancer By Gordon Gibb (Jul-30-13)
- Renewed Concerns about Januvia - Report Damning By Jane Mundy (Jul-16-13)
- Lawsuit Status Update: The Latest on Januvia Lawsuits By Lucy Campbell (Jun-20-13)
- Doctor Knew of Problems with Januvia in 2008 By Lucy Campbell (Jun-5-13)
- Januvia User Says Side Effects Worse Than High Blood Sugar By Jane Mundy (Jun-4-13)
- Things Could Heat Up for Januvia and Cancer This Summer By Gordon Gibb (May-31-13)
- Januvia Sales Slow Down By Heidi Turner (May-22-13)
- Attorney Advises Januvia Pancreatitis Victim By Jane Mundy (May-13-13)
- Januvia Pancreatic Cancer Risk Being Studied by the FDA By Gordon Gibb (Apr-28-13)
- Januvia Attorney: Januvia Lawsuits Moving Ahead By Heidi Turner (Apr-20-13)
- Diabetes Meds Avandia and Januvia Under Renewed Scrutiny by FDA By Lucy Campbell (Apr-17-13)
- Januvia and Byetta Increase Pancreatic and Neuroendocrine Cancer Risk By Lucy Campbell (Apr-1-13)
- FDA Opens Investigation into Januvia and Pancreatitis By Lucy Campbell (Mar-25-13)
- FDA Launches New Evalution into Link Between Type 2 Diabetes Meds and Pancreatitis By Lucy Campbell (Mar-14-13)
- Januvia Studies Link Medication to Serious Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Mar-8-13)
- Pancreatitis Risk Doubles with Januvia and Byetta JAMA Study Shows By Lucy Campbell (Feb-26-13)
- Will Continued Growth for Januvia Translate to Increased Januvia Side Effects? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-19-13)
- New Diabetes Drug May Compete with Januvia By Heidi Turner (Feb-2-13)
- Januvia Patients Face Increased Risk of Pancreatitis By Heidi Turner (Nov-3-12)
- Despite Januvia Side Effects, Sales of Diabetes Drug Increase By Charles Benson (Feb-10-11)
- Could Januvia Side Effects Migrate to Janumet? By Gordon Gibb (Jan-24-11)
- Januvia Patients Should Be Aware of Pancreatitis By Heidi Turner (Jan-14-11)
- Drug Company That Sells Januvia Acquires SmartCells By Charles Benson (Jan-3-11)