LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONHome Page >> Foodborne Illness >> Articles
Foodborne Illness Articles
April 24, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Barrie, ON: Diamond Pet Food and its distributor Costco is now paying out claims to Canadians whose pets required screening for salmonella poisoning or treatment for salmonella infection, or died after consuming certain Diamond Pet Foods in 2011 and 2012.Read [ Salmonella-Tainted Pet Food Payout in Canada—No Bill Required ]
May 24, 2015. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Food Poisoning Lawyer ”Besieged” with Blue Bell Creameries Victims ]
Houston, TX On April 20, 2015, Blue Bell Creameries voluntarily recalled all of the products made at its three plants in the US because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, a potentially deadly foodborne pathogen the company detected in samples of its Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream produced between March 17, 2015 and March 27, 2015.
May 23, 2015. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ ConAgra’s Tainted Peanut Butter Multimillion-Dollar Fine a Warning to Food Manufacturers ]
Seattle, WA Attorney Bill Marler has been a pioneer in the food safety and litigation business for 22 years. He’s represented thousands of food poisoning victims, including more than 100 people sickened by salmonella-tainted Peter Pan peanut butter produced by food manufacturer ConAgra in 2007.
April 11, 2014. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Norovirus Outbreak Suspected on Princess Cruises ]
Los Angeles, CA Over three dozen people who are ill onboard Princess Cruises Crown Princess may have the highly contagious Norovirus. When reports of the outbreak broke, the cruise ship was at the beginning of a seven day California cruise which began in Los Angeles on Saturday and will call into various ports on the California coast before heading home to Los Angeles.
August 3, 2013. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Salad Mix Linked to Stomach Illnesses in Iowa and Nebraska ]
Washington, DC Stomach Illnesses in Iowa and Nebraska have been traced to salad mix from Mexico served in two restaurant chains over the past few months. More than 400 people in 14 other states have reported food poisoning from the cyclospora outbreak but it is not clear that the salad mix is the source in all affected states.
September 28, 2012. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Peanut Butter Recall Expands as Salmonella Infections Increase ]
Los Angeles, CA In light of the recent salmonella outbreak potentially linked to Trader Joe’s Creamy Salted Valencia Peanut Butter, Sunland, the manufacturer of Trader Joe’s (TJ’s) peanut butter, has pulled dozens more peanut and almond products.
September 23, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Trader Joe's Recalls Peanut Butter Due to Salmonella ]
Los Angeles, CA Trader Joe's has issued a peanut butter recall after the store's Creamy Salted Valencia Peanut Butter was linked to 29 cases of salmonella in 18 states. The majority of those who developed salmonella after eating the peanut butter were under the age of 18. No deaths have been linked to the recalled peanut butter, but four people were hospitalized, according to the Centers for Disease Control.
September 22, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ One Little Girl's Nightmare With Food Poisoning ]
Turlock, CA Anyone having any doubt as to the seriousness and severity of foodborne illness and food poisoning, need only look to the Crutcher family of Turlock, California. Cindy and Les Crutcher's daughter, Isabella, required a kidney transplant after being hit with an E. coli bacterial infection, presumably from bad food.
September 19, 2012. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Dangerous Amounts of Arsenic Found in Rice-based Food Products ]
Washington, DC Many popular rice products including organic rice baby cereal, rice breakfast cereals, brown rice, and white rice contain varying levels of carcinogenic arsenic, according to the results of tests to be announced Wednesday by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Consumer Reports.
August 28, 2012. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Mexican Mangoes May be Responsible for Salmonella Outbreak ]
Washington, DC Mangoes from Mexico may be responsible for a possible food poisoning outbreak due to contamination with salmonella, and are the subject of investigations by both Canadian and US governments.
- Recall to Prevent Listeria Food Poisoning Crosses 36 States By Gordon Gibb (Aug-19-12)
- Cantaloupes Linked to Salmonella By Jane Mundy (Aug-18-12)
- 60 Hospitalized in Denver Homeless Shelter Food Poisoning Outbreak By Lucy Campbell (Jul-23-12)
- Allegedly Bad Chicken Worth $140,000 to Foodborne Illness Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (Jul-21-12)
- Florida Nurse Missed Work From Foodborne Illness By Gordon Gibb (Jun-23-12)
- Australian Girl Left Brain Damaged Allegedly from Chicken Wrap By Gordon Gibb (May-13-12)
- People Sickened by Salmonella Dog Food By Jane Mundy (May-6-12)
- Effects of Foodborne Illness Can Exist Long After Crisis Has Passed By Gordon Gibb (Apr-14-12)
- Will Widened Michael Foods Egg Recall Result in Foodborne Illness? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-11-12)
- Starting a New Year with an Old Problem: Foodborne Illness By Gordon Gibb (Feb-8-12)
- More Cantaloupe Lawsuits Filed By Heidi Turner (Dec-9-11)
- Cantaloupe Listeria Lawsuits Filed By Heidi Turner (Nov-15-11)
- Death Toll in Cantaloupe Recall Rises By Heidi Turner (Nov-5-11)
- Potential Source of Cantaloupe Food Poisoning Identified by FDA Officials By Charles Benson (Oct-24-11)
- Listeria-Contaminated Cantaloupe Illness Increases By Lucy Campbell (Oct-20-11)
- First Cantaloupe Listeria Illness Reported in Pennsylvania By Lucy Campbell (Oct-18-11)
- Cantaloupe Recall Expands As More Deaths Are Reported By Heidi Turner (Oct-14-11)
- Attorney: Cantaloupe Food Poisoning Dangerous for Some By Heidi Turner (Oct-12-11)
- Death Toll from Listeria-Contaminated Cantaloupe Rises By Lucy Campbell (Oct-7-11)
- Cantaloupe Listeria Risk Could Last for Months, CDC Warns By Lucy Campbell (Oct-3-11)
- 36 Million Pounds of Ground Turkey Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Aug-4-11)
- Safeway Hit with Recall Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Mar-1-11)
- Food Poisoning Lawsuit Filed in San Antonio By Charles Benson (Jan-12-11)
- Health Authorities Say 4 Deaths Linked to Listeria at Texas Food Plant By Lucy Campbell (Nov-4-10)
- Veggies Recalled Due to Fear of Glass Fragments By Gordon Gibb (Oct-18-10)
- Salmonella Tainted Eggs Injure Thousands and Thousands By Brenda Craig (Sep-24-10)
- Proposed Bill Would Increase Foodborne Illness Inspections By Charles Benson (Sep-16-10)
- Food Poisoning Postpones Elton John's Arizona Concert By Charles Benson (Jul-28-10)
- "Uh-Oh SpaghettiOs"—Nearly 15 Million Pounds Recalled By Gordon Gibb (Jun-18-10)
- Margarita Mix-Off Leads to Several Cases of Food Poisoning By Charles Benson (Jun-9-10)
- Some Bottled Water Brands Teeming with Bacteria: Canadian Study By Gordon Gibb (May-26-10)
- USDA Inspector General Slams Feds for Chemical Residue in Beef By Gordon Gibb (Apr-14-10)
- Salmonella Flavor Enhancer Recall Could Be Largest in History By Gordon Gibb (Mar-9-10)
- Food Poisoning Victim Wants to Warn the Public By Jane Mundy (Mar-8-10)
- Flavor Additive in Hundreds of Foods Recalled for Salmonella By Gordon Gibb (Mar-8-10)
- Arabic Soldiers Cleared of Food Poisoning Allegations at Fort Jackson By Charles Benson (Mar-4-10)
- Most Cases of Foodborne Illness Go Unreported By Gordon Gibb (Feb-24-10)
- Nationwide Salmonella Outbreak Grows To 225 Illnesses in 44 States By Ron Simon (Feb-15-10)
- Jimsonweed Blamed for Maryland Family's Foodborne Illness By Charles Benson (Feb-12-10)
- Peppered Salami Suspect in Foodborne Illness Outbreak By Gordon Gibb (Jan-30-10)