Ethicon Physiomesh Articles
March 30, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Atlanta, GA: Plaintiff Sharon Smith would be understandably buoyed by news that the surgical mesh lawsuit file currently housed in multi-district litigation in Georgia is moving forward, with the first bellwether trials expected for September of next year. While nearly 500 lawsuits are currently housed in the MDL, a continuing barrage of cases have lead observers to believe that thousands of lawsuits could wind up in the MDL by the time bellwether cases begin in 18 months’ time.Read [ Ethicon Physiomesh Bellwether Trials to Start in September, 2019 ]
February 19, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Raleigh, NC: Daniel complained to his surgeon time and again about pain and swelling from his abdominal surgical mesh used to repair a hernia back in 2015, but he was told it was simply the "healing process" and that "time would heal". But how long does the healing take? In Daniel's case, time was not on his side.Read [ Hernia Mesh a Helluva Mess ]
February 15, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Los Angeles, CA: The Johnson & Johnson Ethicon surgical mesh lawsuits just keep on coming. On January 19, 2018, Sharon Smith filed a new Hernia Mesh lawsuit in the US District Court for the Central District of California.Read [ California Woman Slams J&J, Ethicon with 7-Count Physiomesh Lawsuit ]
January 18, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Atlanta, GA: It’s one thing for a medical device to result in unwanted side effects and adverse events. However, that frustration is further exacerbated when the medical device thought to be at the root of newfound pain and suffering, has failed to do its intended job in the first place. Thus, the original implantation was all for naught. That’s the claim made by a recent surgical mesh lawsuit involving the now-recalled Ethicon Physiomesh filed last week in Idaho.Read [ Ethicon Physiomesh Plaintiff Starts New Year with Hernia Mesh Lawsuit ]
December 18, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Atlanta, GA As the Ethicon Physiomesh hernia patch lawsuits start to go to trial in January 2018, all eyes will be on the fate of two competing arguments. Plaintiffs in the cases centralized as In RE: Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation will argue that the mesh was defectively designed. Defendants, Johnson & Johnson and Ethicon, will argue that patients’ severe organ damage was caused by something else. Early bellwether trials are always important because they give an indication of the strength of the cases and the likelihood and probable size of a settlement offer. The particular future for these surgical mesh lawsuit plaintiffs hangs on which version of reality the court finds more compelling.Read [ Two Arguments to Watch in Physiomesh Bellwether Trials ]
November 16, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
White Plains, NY: In spite of a product recall of the troubled Ethicon Physiomesh last year, lawsuits brought by hernia patients negatively impacted by the failed medical device continue to be filed. To that end, a surgical mesh lawsuit was filed this past September by a plaintiff in US District Court for the Southern District of New York.Read [ Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Alleges Defective Product ]
November 4, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Atlanta, GA: Ethicon Physiomesh may be off the market at the behest of its manufacturer, but that hasn’t stemmed the flood of lawsuits that have been piling up in multidistrict litigation. In this case, the surgical mesh lawsuit has been filed by a plaintiff with the surname Flood.Read [ Texas Plaintiff Joins Flood of Lawsuits Citing Ethicon Physiomesh Problems ]
October 14, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
New Orleans, LA: A recent hernia mesh lawsuit was filed at the end of September in Louisiana by a plaintiff who underwent surgical repair for a hernia a year ago this month, only to experience surgical mesh side effects that necessitated revision surgery just six months later. The Bard Ventralex ST Hernia Mesh, manufactured by C.R. Bard (Bard) and Davol Inc. (Davol), is alleged to have left plaintiff Richard Stipelcovich in “excruciating” abdominal pain.Read [ Is Abdominal Mesh Overused? ]
August 29, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Toronto, ON: Linda has been suffering from debilitating pain since she had routine abdominal mesh surgery. “I was better off before surgery with a little discomfort. Now I find out, too late, that some of the mesh is defective,” she says. “And to make me even angrier, studies show that not all hernias need surgery. I should have sat this one out…Read [ “The More I Find Out about this Hernia Mesh, the Angrier I Get, “ says Surgical Mesh Victim ]
August 12, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Dartmouth, NS: It might be argued that an 86-year-old individual shouldn’t be spending his twilight years suffering debilitating pain and surgical mesh complications from an allegedly defective surgical product. But such is the fate of a Canadian man who alleges that Ethicon Physiomesh, which has been recalled by Health Canada, is responsible for his suffering.Read [ Pain from Surgical Mesh Complications Dropped Physiomesh Patient “To My Knees” ]
- Abdominal Mesh Agony and Advice By Jane Mundy (Jul-26-17)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Withdrawn from Market, Never Formally Recalled By Gordon Gibb (Jul-17-17)
- Canadians Miffed at Failed Physiomesh Approved Under FDA 510(k) Clearance By Gordon Gibb (Jun-29-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Complaints Rise in Canada, MDL Established in the US By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-17)
- Woman Awarded $2.1M in Fourth Pelvic Mesh Trial By Lucy Campbell (Jun-15-17)
- Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Nets $2.16 Million for Pen Argyl Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (May-28-17)
- $20M Verdict Awarded in Third Ethicon TVT Mesh Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (May-15-17)
- Canada Concerned about Abdominal Hernia Mesh—and the 501k Process By Jane Mundy (May-8-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Recipient has More Pain after Hernia Surgery By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-17)
- Two Recent Surgical Mesh Lawsuits Assert Ethicon Physiomesh is Defective By Gordon Gibb (Mar-15-17)
- First Physiomesh Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Slated for Trial – and More Mesh Complications By Jane Mundy (Mar-1-17)
- Hernia Mesh Implants: Risks Outweigh Benefits By Jane Mundy (Feb-5-17)
- Attorney Anticipates Surgical Mesh and Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits Similar in Volume By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Complication Increases with Procedures Performed in Tandem By Gordon Gibb (Dec-9-16)
- New Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Filed By Heidi Turner (Nov-26-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Deaths Reported as Injuries? By Jane Mundy (Nov-25-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Complication No Respecter of Borders By Gordon Gibb (Nov-11-16)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Springs from Medical Device Withdrawl By Gordon Gibb (Nov-2-16)
- Attorney: Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Mesh Withdrawn Due to High Revision Rates By Heidi Turner (Oct-22-16)