DePuy Pinnacle Articles
November 16, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Dallas, TX: A $247 million verdict has been awarded against the maker of DePuy’s Pinnacle line of metal-on-metal hip implants, DePuy Orthopaedics Inc, and its parent company Johnson & Johnson (J&J), with $90 million in punitive damages against J&J and $78 million in punitive damages against DePuy. The settlement is the third, consecutive multi-million dollar verdict delivered in this multidistrict litigation.Read [ $247M Verdict for Plaintiffs In DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement Trial ]
February 22, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Bergen, NJ: It was back in 2008 that Hip Replacement Implant Failure caught up with Zimmer, when its Alumina Ceramic Femoral Head component was subject to a Class 2 recall by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). According to the official recall posting, Zimmer stated the reason for the recall: “When used with cobalt/chromium hip stems, the average test values for ceramic head bursting falls below the guidance document limits if the taper is made by casting instead of by forging.”Read [ The FDA Shortcut to a Hip Replacement Lawsuit ]
January 4, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Story of Failed DePuy Hip Replacement Devices “Shocking” says Lawyer ]
New York, NY Truth remains supreme in the courtrooms of America and the facts revealed in the recent litigation against Johnson & Johnson and its subsidiary DePuy Orthopaedics Inc. tell a “shocking” story of “fraud and conspiracy”, says attorney Jayne Conroy from the firm of Simmons Hanly Conroy of New York.
December 8, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Dublin, IRELAND: While the $1 billion-plus DePuy Pinnacle bellwether verdict continues to be the source for much water cooler chatter and speculation regarding the potential outcome of future trials, lost in the conversation is the impact the allegedly defective devices are having on DePuy Pinnacle hip replacement patients.Read [ DePuy Pinnacle Plaintiff Received Hip Replacement at 16, Says “Life Ruined” ]
December 2, 2016. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: A jury in Dallas has awarded $1 billion to six plaintiffs who are suing Johnson & Johnson (J&J) alleging the DePuy Pinnacle hip implant made by the company’s subsidiary, DePuy Orthopaedics Inc., was defective and has caused them adverse health effects and subsequent surgeries to remove the device.Read [ $1B DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Verdict Against J&J ]
April 17, 2015. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ America’s Hip Implant Failure Crisis ]
Pensacola, FL Attorney Ben Gordon, who has more than a decade of experience litigating against defective hip implant manufacturers, has some harsh words for the industry.
August 6, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Thousands of defective hip lawsuits have been settled and thousands more are still pending nationwide against Zimmer (which recently purchased Biomet), DePuy, Stryker, Wright Medical and other medical device companies that sold metal-on-metal hip implants. Many defective hip replacement lawsuits now allege hip failure caused by metal cobalt and chromium damaging tissues in the hip area. There are differing failure rates depending upon the manufacturer. As of early 2014, the Biomet hip replacement appears to have the lowest failure rate, while the DePuy ASR ranks the highest failure rate.Read [ Following Suit: Defective Hip Lawsuit Updates ]
August 13, 2013. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Pinnacle Hip Gone for Good - but It’s Not a DePuy Pinnacle Recall ]
Washington, DC This is the month that DePuy Pinnacle manufacturer Johnson & Johnson (J&J) will be pulling metal-on-metal DePuy Pinnacle hip replacement components and other products based on the same materials from distribution after announcing in May that it’s giving up on the troublesome products.
August 10, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Stryker Rejuvenate and other Hip Implants: Lawsuit Update ]
New York, NY Many people who suffered pain and inflammation from their Stryker Rejuvenate hip device sought legal help, but may have been turned away because it wasn’t a metal-on-metal hip implant. Attorneys are now accepting claims against Stryker.
August 3, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ DePuy Pinnacle Conundrum: Revision Surgery or Lifetime Pain? ]
New York, NY John had a Depuy Pinnacle hip replacement in 2010 and he had problems with it since the get-go. John is in a conundrum: on the one hand, his surgeon advises revision surgery. On the other hand, a new study has found that hip and knee implant patients older than 60 have a higher risk of heart attacks following surgery than those the same age who do not have joint surgery.
- Lawmakers Seek Further Investigation into DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement By Charles Benson (Oct-15-11)
- Metal-on-Metal Devices Such as DePuy Pinnacle Failing at Alarming Rate By Heidi Turner (Sep-27-11)
- DePuy Pinnacle Ultamet Among Metal-On-Metal Hip Devices Under Scrutiny By Heidi Turner (Sep-16-11)
- Complaints Increasing Over DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement By Charles Benson (Sep-3-11)
- DePuy Pinnacle Complaints: Are Metal-on-Metal Devices Too Risky? By Heidi Turner (Aug-24-11)
- DePuy Pinnacle Lawsuits Reportedly Consolidated By Heidi Turner (Aug-14-11)
- Will the DePuy Pinnacle Bring the Next Wave of Lawsuits? By Heidi Turner (Jul-21-11)
- New Wave of DePuy Pinnacle Lawsuits Being Filed across the Country By Charles Benson (Jul-14-11)
- Surgeon: "I Was a DePuy Guy" By Gordon Gibb (Jul-3-11)
- DePuy Pinnacle: New Device Approved By Heidi Turner (Jun-25-11)
- California Man Suffers from DePuy Orthopaedics Hip Implant By Charles Benson (Jun-14-11)
- Woman Suffers the Pinnacle of Pain with DePuy Pinnacle By Gordon Gibb (Jun-2-11)
- DePuy Pinnacle Lawsuits Reportedly Consolidated By Heidi Turner (May-26-11)
- FDA Seeks More Information on DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement By Charles Benson (May-21-11)
- Will the DePuy Pinnacle Go the Way of the DePuy ASR? By Heidi Turner (May-18-11)
- Day of Reckoning Approaching for Pinnacle MDL By Gordon Gibb (May-9-11)
- Pennsylvania Couple Sues Over Failed DePuy Pinnacle By Gordon Gibb (Mar-27-11)
- One Man's Battle with a DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement By Gordon Gibb (Jan-23-11)