Home Page >> Defective Hip Implant Lawsuits >> Articles
Defective Hip Implant Articles
December 24, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Dallas, TX: In a recent hip replacement trial, plaintiffs’ lawyer showed to the jury records whereby DePuy paid its Pinnacle hip "design surgeons" more than $184 million in royalties that he argued were kickbacks. And jurors watched a video of a 2008 DePuy sales conference themed “Taking Share of Business”. To the lyrics of “Takin’ Care of Business” by the rock group Bachman-Turner Overdrive, DePuy’s former top marketer leads a parade with costumed alligators, a bloodied man with a hatchet and a giant metal hip implant. The plaintiffs won.Read [ DePuy Hip’s Million Dollar Surgeons “Taking Share of Business” ]
November 26, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Boston, MA: With the date for the first bellwether hip replacement implant failure trial involving failed Stryker femoral heads now established for September, 2019 attention has shifted to a compelling questionnaire the Howmedica defense team has issued to plaintiffs as part of the deposition process.Read [ Stryker Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit Plaintiff Survey Deemed ‘Intrusive’ ]
November 21, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA: It’s pretty much a straightforward decision for most of the 700,000 people in the U.S. who experience knee pain yearly: have a knee replacement or live the rest of your life in pain. But for some people implanted with a defective knee such as the DePuy Synthes Attune device, they made the wrong decision and the consequences have been brutal. As a result, they are filing knee replacement lawsuits against DePuy, alleging premature failure of the Attune device.Read [ DePuy Attune Knee Replacement Can Result in Physical, Emotional and Financial Pain ]
November 16, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Dallas, TX: A $247 million verdict has been awarded against the maker of DePuy’s Pinnacle line of metal-on-metal hip implants, DePuy Orthopaedics Inc, and its parent company Johnson & Johnson (J&J), with $90 million in punitive damages against J&J and $78 million in punitive damages against DePuy. The settlement is the third, consecutive multi-million dollar verdict delivered in this multidistrict litigation.Read [ $247M Verdict for Plaintiffs In DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement Trial ]
November 6, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Philadelphia, PA: Allegations of witness tampering have stalled the beginning of the Xarelto litigation. The first Xarelto trail was set to being Monday, November 6, but instead got sidelined by attempts to determine the significance of a meeting between a key witness, Dr. Timothy Aldridge, the plaintiff’s treating physician, and a Janssen sales representative.Read [ First Xarelto Trial Stalled Over Allegations of Witness Tampering ]
October 26, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Philadelphia, PA: Iris has been on a steady diet of Oxycodone for over a year because the pain from her hip replacement has been worsening. And three hip revision surgeries have just exacerbated the problem.Read [ Hip Replacement led to Sleep Deprivation and Oxycodone ]
October 16, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
San Jose, CA: Mike says he’s in worse shape now with his DePuy Synthes Attune knee replacement system than when he was injured after falling off a ladder. And he’s pissed off, to say the least.Read [ Depuy Attune Knee Victim “Pissed off that there’s No Way to Fix this Defect Without Litigation” ]
September 21, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Mobile, AL: An Alabama law firm has announced it has filed the first DePuy Synthes Attune knee lawsuit in the U.S., alleging premature failure of the knee replacement system.Read [ Three Strikes after Depuy Synthes Attune Knee, First Lawsuit is Filed ]
September 9, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
West Chester, PA: Evidence continues to mount that the DePuy Synthes Attune knee replacement device may be a defective product that can harm patients. There are many reasons for hip and knee implant failure, but a major culprit in the malfunction of Attune knees appears to be something rather technically referred to as “tibial baseplate failure,” or “debonding.” In everyday terms that means the artificial knee comes unglued from a patient’s lower leg.Read [ Coming Unglued – DePuy Synthes Attune Buckles at the Knees ]
August 27, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Kansas City, MO: Since Karen’s hip replacement two years ago, she has broken her foot, a toe and a tooth. She blames the broken bones on her Stryker hip implant and not being able to walk correctly.Read [ Stryker Hip Replacement Leads to more Broken Bones ]
- Summary Judgment for DePuy Upheld in Defective Hip Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Aug-17-17)
- Another DePuy Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit Heads to Trial By Anne Wallace (Aug-5-17)
- Hip Replacement and Cobalt Poisoning misdiagnosed as Alzheimer's By Jane Mundy (Aug-1-17)
- Mixed Metals at Core of Stryker LFIT V40 Hip Implants By Brenda Craig (Jul-27-17)
- Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Lawsuit Filed By Lucy Campbell (Jul-5-17)
- Federal Judge Allows Hip Implant Lawsuit to Move Forward By Deb Hipp (Jul-3-17)
- Hip Replacement Patient says Better Off Without By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-17)
- Johnson & Johnson Asks For New Trial in $151 Million Hip Lawsuit Judgment By Deb Hipp (Jun-14-17)
- State-Based Stryker Hip Implant Failure Lawsuits Consolidated in New Jersey By Gordon Gibb (Jun-6-17)
- Defective Hip Implant Makers Busy with Recalls, Lawsuits and Settlements By Jane Mundy (May-31-17)
- Judge Awards $2 Million Verdict in Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit By Deb Hipp (May-21-17)
- Lawsuits Mount for Stryker Over Allegedly Failed Medical Devices By Gordon Gibb (May-7-17)
- Odd Ruling in Hip Implant Failure Lawsuit? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-23-17)
- Stryker Hip Implant Lawsuits Head to Boston Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Apr-15-17)
- Three implants, Two Revisions, One Chance Left By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-17)
- Despite Steep Reduction in Award, Plaintiff’s Defective Hip Implant Verdict Appealed By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-17)
- Hoping for a Hassle-Free Hip Implant a Roll of the Dice By Gordon Gibb (Mar-7-17)
- Defective Hip Implants: Newer Isn’t Always Better By Gordon Gibb (Mar-1-17)
- The FDA Shortcut to a Hip Replacement Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Feb-22-17)
- Appeals: I’ve had a Few, but then Too Few to Mention? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-10-17)
- Smith & Nephew Hip Implant Lawsuits Headed to Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Feb-4-17)
- A Tale of Two Billion-Dollar Settlements By Gordon Gibb (Jan-25-17)
- Johnson & Johnson Faces Another Hip Replacement Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Jan-20-17)
- Seismic Shifts For DePuy MDL in 2017? By Gordon Gibb (Jan-7-17)
- Story of Failed DePuy Hip Replacement Devices “Shocking” says Lawyer By Brenda Craig (Jan-4-17)
- Stryker Hip Settlement Expanded By Heidi Turner (Dec-27-16)
- J&J and DePuy Looking to Have Qui Tam Pinnacle Lawsuit Dismissed By Gordon Gibb (Dec-17-16)
- Johnson & Johnson Ordered to Pay $1 Billion in Hip Replacement Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Dec-13-16)
- DePuy Pinnacle Plaintiff Received Hip Replacement at 16, Says “Life Ruined” By Gordon Gibb (Dec-8-16)
- $1B DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Verdict Against J&J By Lucy Campbell (Dec-2-16)
- Stryker Hip Replacement Lawsuit Can Proceed By Gordon Gibb (Nov-23-16)
- DePuy Bellwether Drags On, While Canada Approves Zimmer Class Action Settlement By Gordon Gibb (Nov-13-16)
- $240 Million Settlement Agreed in Wright Defective Hip Implant MDL By Lucy Campbell (Nov-10-16)
- Health Canada Recalls Certain Stryker Hip Lots By Heidi Turner (Nov-1-16)
- Living with the Pain of Hip Replacement By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-16)
- Attorney: Stryker LFIT V40 Femoral Head "Prone to Catastrophic Dislocation" By Heidi Turner (Oct-13-16)
- Stryker Continues to Sail a Restless Sea, Rejuvenate Lawsuits Continue By Gordon Gibb (Oct-1-16)
- 8,500 Hip Implant Lawsuits Head to Trial this Month as MDL By Jane Mundy (Sep-12-16)
- Failing Medical Devices and Lax Regulations a Perfect Storm By Gordon Gibb (Sep-5-16)
- DePuy Pinnacle $502 Million Appeal Dragging On By Gordon Gibb (Aug-18-16)