Birth Injury and Birth Defect Articles
February 27, 2018. By Lucy Campbell.
Washington, DC: Families of patients who allegedly suffered birth defects while taking GlaxoSmithKline’s (GSK) anti-nausea drug Zofran, and who are suing the drug maker in multi-district litigating (MDL) are asking that the drug maker hand over data stored in a drug safety database called “Argus.”Read [ Families Ask GSK to Hand Over Zofran Data ]
January 30, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Not all anti-epileptic drugs (AEDs) are made equal. Some AEDs, including Lyrica, are known to be associated with more birth defects than others. So why are they prescribed to pregnant women and/or women who may get pregnant?Read [ Why Take Lyrica and Other Anticonvulsant Drugs Associated with Birth Defects? ]
December 15, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Studies have shown that some anti-epileptic drugs (AEDs) are safer than others during pregnancy. For instance, Lyrica is classified as Category C while Topamax has Category D status. But both AEDs have been associated with birth defects.Read [ Lyrica and Topamax: Same but Different ]
November 16, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Osseo, MN:When the FDA approved Lyrica in 2007 to treat fibromyalgia, Pfizer’s profits likely skyrocketed as the disease affects about 3 million to 6 million people in the US each year. It took the agency two more years to warn about possible Lyrica birth defects—how many pregnant women suffering from fibromyalgia took the anticonvulsant drug without knowing?Read [ Who should be Prescribed Lyrica? ]
October 10, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Is Lyrica safe? It depends who you ask. Studies indicate the risk of birth defects is high, but Pfizer, the manufacturer, disagrees. And perhaps the benefits outweigh the risks for an epileptic patient. Maybe not so much for women taking the anticonvulsant drug off-label…Read [ Lyrica Birth Defects Cause for Concern ]
September 29, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Greenville, NC: Lyrica is part of a class of medications originally approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treatment and management of elliptic seizures, although in recent years indications have expanded to include symptoms of neuropathy and fibromyalgia, an increasingly common complaint. However, a basket of Lyrica side effects – many of them serious – have many patients considering a defective product lawsuit over the alleged harm the drug may be doing to them long term.Read [ Lyrica not Music to Chiropractor’s Ears ]
September 12, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Houston, TX: Another Zofran lawsuit filed by parents in Texas joins more than 300 suits filed nationwide against the manufacturer. Most all federal cases consolidated into a multidistrict litigation in Massachusetts are making progress and a first trial date is expected soon.Read [ Zofran Litigation Making Progress ]
August 22, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Since the anticonvulsant drug Lyrica was developed at Northwestern University, studies indicate that it is associated with birth defects.Read [ Lyrica Studies Indicate Possible Birth Defects ]
August 10, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Birmingham, AL: Many women who took Zofran during their pregnancy had idea that it is prescribed “off-label”, meaning it wasn’t approved by the FDA to treat morning sickness.Read [ Zofran Complaints Mounting with Increased Awareness of Birth Defects ]
July 7, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Hattiesburg, MS: “Getting money from the Zofran class-action lawsuit isn’t as important to me as getting the word out to the public about how dangerous this drug is,” says Lucy. Her daughter was born with clubfoot, a birth defect associated with Zofran.Read [ Mothers Regret Taking Zofran ]
- Zofran Studies: Link or No Link to Birth Defects? By Jane Mundy (Jun-15-16)
- New Study Suggests No Link between Zofran and Birth Defects By Heidi Turner (May-30-16)
- Another Zofran Hypospadias Complaint By Jane Mundy (May-19-16)
- Zofran Lawsuits Filed in Canada By Heidi Turner (Apr-29-16)
- Zofran Label Discrepancy—Depends Where You Live By Jane Mundy (Apr-21-16)
- GlaxoSmithKline Faces Zofran Birth Defect Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Mar-30-16)
- More Zofran Lawsuits Filed and GSK’s Unlawful Marketing By Jane Mundy (Mar-9-16)
- Judge Denies GlaxoSmithKline’s Motion to Dismiss, Mothers Allege Birth Defects Linked to Zofran By Heidi Turner (Feb-26-16)
- Zofran Judge Favors Plaintiffs, Denies GSK Motion to Dismiss By Jane Mundy (Feb-9-16)
- Judge Denies GlaxoSmithKline Motion to Dismiss Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Jan-27-16)
- Pregnant Women Who Took Zofran Join Birth Defect Statistics By Jane Mundy (Jan-9-16)
- 200 Zofran Lawsuits Included in MDL By Heidi Turner (Dec-26-15)
- Mother Wishes Doctors Stop Prescribing Zofran By Jane Mundy (Dec-15-15)
- Zofran MDL Grows in First Months By Heidi Turner (Nov-26-15)
- GSK Had Zofran “In the Bag” By Jane Mundy (Nov-16-15)
- More Zofran Lawsuits Filed As MDL Confirmed By Heidi Turner (Oct-31-15)
- Zofran Lawsuits Consolidated, Victory for Plaintiffs By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-15)
- No Word on Zofran MDL, but Lawsuits Still Being Filed By Heidi Turner (Sep-27-15)
- Zofran Could Achieve MDL Status October 1 By Gordon Gibb (Sep-17-15)
- Mother “Channeling Anger into a Zofran Lawsuit” By Jane Mundy (Sep-7-15)
- Courts Consider Zofran Lawsuit Consolidation As More Lawsuits Are Filed By Heidi Turner (Aug-28-15)
- Zofran Birth Defects Lawsuits Gaining Momentum, GSK Comments Sickening By Jane Mundy (Aug-18-15)
- Zofran Lawsuit Accuses GSK of Treating Unborn Children As “Guinea Pigs” By Gordon Gibb (Aug-8-15)
- From Anger to Guilt, Mother Suffers from Zofran Mixed Emotions By Jane Mundy (Jul-29-15)
- Zofran Birth Defects Led to Pregnancy Termination, Lawsuit Alleges By Gordon Gibb (Jul-21-15)
- Depakote Settlement Increased with Punitive Damages By Jane Mundy (Jul-10-15)
- GlaxoSmithKline Files for Consolidation of Zofran Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Jul-10-15)
- Zofran Linked to Hypospadias Birth Defect, Mother Furious By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-15)
- Zofran Faces More Birth Defects Claims By Heidi Turner (Jun-18-15)
- Pfizer Report Could Change Outcome of Zoloft Birth Defects Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (Jun-9-15)
- For Some, Zofran Birth Defects Hit Even Closer to Home By Gordon Gibb (Jun-9-15)
- Zofran Lawsuit Alleges Birth Defects Linked to Nausea Medication By Heidi Turner (May-31-15)
- $23 Million Verdict Awarded in First Depakote Birth Defects Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (May-29-15)
- Plaintiff Claims Zofran Maker Uses Expectant Mothers and Unborn Children as Human Guinea Pigs By Jane Mundy (May-24-15)
- Depakote a Bitter Pill After Recent Verdict for Abbott By Jane Mundy (May-22-15)
- New Allegations in Zofran Lawsuit Hurled at Manufacturer By Gordon Gibb (May-14-15)
- Morning Sickness Drug Sued for Alleged Birth Defects By Jane Mundy (May-1-15)
- Zofran Birth Defects Lawsuit No April Fools Prank By Gordon Gibb (Apr-15-15)
- Zofran Lawsuit Alleges Drugmaker Knew About Risks By Heidi Turner (Apr-1-15)
- Is Zofran Manufacturer GSK Talking from Both Sides of Its Mouth? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-27-15)