LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONHome Page >> Back and Neck Injuries >> Articles
Back and Neck Injury Articles
May 26, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Memphis, TN: It’s an emerging issue from a relatively new device meant to bring the art, or habit, of smoking into the twenty-first century. The e-cigarette has captured the fancy of millennials having embraced “vaping,” or inhaling vapor as a preferred alternative to actual smoke. While long-term health benefits and risks associated with the e-cigarette are not known, it is generally held that vaping carries less risk than inhaling smoke. Or does it? That’s the question a young man is asking after an e-cigarette exploded in his face this past fall, causing a serious neck injury.Read [ Memphis Man Suffers Broken Neck from Explosion of E-Cigarette ]
April 26, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Tulsa, OK: A Gulf War veteran is seeking neck injury compensation from the City of Tulsa and the Tulsa police officer who shot the veteran in the neck, allegedly without provocation. The victim is seeking a million dollars in neck injury compensation.Read [ Plaintiff Sues Tulsa Police for Shooting Him in the Neck ]
March 15, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Dallas, TX: A back and neck injury lawsuit stemming from a serious bus crash in 2013 has resulted in a $6 million settlement required of Greyhound Bus Lines. While the defendant maintained the driver of the bus lost consciousness from a coughing fit while drinking coffee behind the wheel, plaintiffs maintained the driver suffered from an undiagnosed sleep disorder.Read [ Bus Rollover Causing Back and Neck Injury Settles for $6 Million ]
February 13, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Oklahoma City, OK: The first bellwether lawsuit concerning GM airbags, which involved a postal worker who claimed he suffered serious back and neck injuries when his airbag failed to deploy, has been dismissed, with the postman accused of committing fraud in his case. Although the lawsuit was dismissed, it does not indicate a ruling on the merits of the airbag lawsuit, and more bellwether lawsuits are scheduled.Read [ First GM Airbag Lawsuit Dismissed ]
January 9, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Belleville, IL: It’s a back and neck injury of a different sort, in the form of an injection into the neck during treatment at the hospital. However, subsequent paralysis allegedly stemming from the injection has fostered a disabling injury and a subsequent neck injury compensation claim.Read [ Neck Injury Lawsuit Stems from a Pain in the Neck ]
December 11, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Chicago, IL: The family of Steve Montador, who died earlier in 2015 and reportedly had chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), has filed a lawsuit against the National Hockey League (NHL), putting athletes’ injury risks in the news again. The National Football League (NFL) and NHL have both faced lawsuits linked to various serious injuries, including concussion injuries. Other injuries sustained by athletes can include back and neck injuries.Read [ Sports Injury Lawsuits in the News Again ]
November 2, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Pigeon Forge, TN: Dollywood has responded to a personal injury lawsuit alleging a woman suffered serious brain, back and neck injuries in December 2013 due to negligence on the part of Dollywood staff. The plaintiff, Tedi A. Brown, claimed the ride she was injured on, the Waltzing Swinger, should not have been operated in dangerous conditions, which resulted in her back injury. Dollywood, however, argues that the plaintiff jumped from the ride, rather than falling from it.Read [ Dollywood Responds to Injury Lawsuit ]
October 8, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Miami Couple Sustain Back and Neck Injury in Stairwell Collapse ]
Key West, FL Two days after a young couple were injured after the stairs on which they were walking collapsed beneath them, a back and neck injury lawsuit has been filed against the owner of the building and, potentially, the insurance company involved with insuring the premises.
August 14, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Neck Injury from Allegedly Defective Airbag Blamed for Young Woman’s Death ]
Los Angeles, CA A young woman driving a rented car sustained a serious neck injury when the airbag deployed too forcefully, causing a grievous injury to the left side of the victim’s neck. It is alleged that the neck injury precipitated her death. A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed by her family.
June 20, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Stanley Cup Fever Spurs Back and Neck Injury Lawsuit ]
Los Angeles, CA With the Stanley Cup Playoffs still fresh in our minds and the win by the Chicago Blackhawks of their third championship in six years, here’s a story about a back and neck injury that is alleged to have been caused during a previous playoff series between Chicago and the soon-to-be Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings.
- Back and Neck Injury Claim Headed for US Supreme Court By Gordon Gibb (Apr-8-15)
- Hawaiian Back and Neck Injury Plaintiffs Sue State for Raised Seabed By Gordon Gibb (Feb-9-15)
- Lawsuit Filed against Dollywood Theme Park By Heidi Turner (Jan-13-15)
- Back and Neck Injury Plaintiff Scores Record $7.5 Million Jones Act Settlement By Gordon Gibb (Dec-8-14)
- Paralyzed Worker Awarded $21.7 Million By Heidi Turner (Nov-20-14)
- “Nickel Ride” Results in $490,000 Settlement By Heidi Turner (Oct-9-14)
- Washington Settles Claims following Car Accident By Heidi Turner (Sep-11-14)
- NCAA Settles Head Injury Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Aug-2-14)
- Bronx Man Sues for $100 Million in Back and Neck Injury Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jul-3-14)
- New Lawsuit against NFL Alleges Drugs Used to Cover Neck Injuries By Heidi Turner (Jun-4-14)
- Rider in Chicago Subway Crash Files Back and Neck Injury Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (May-4-14)
- Severe Back and Neck Injuries Alleged in GM Ignition Switch Defect Recall By Heidi Turner (Apr-3-14)
- Children’s Activities Linked to Neck Injuries By Heidi Turner (Mar-16-14)
- Police Officer Dropped His Cell Phone, Resulting in Back and Neck Injury By Gordon Gibb (Feb-14-14)
- Back and Neck Injury Lawsuit Results in Toyota Settlement By Heidi Turner (Jan-5-14)
- Ottawa Theme Park Hit with Back and Neck Injury Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Dec-8-13)
- Lawsuit Filed After Young Athlete Paralyzed By Heidi Turner (Nov-8-13)
- Back and Neck Injury Victim Awarded $665,000 in Total Damages By Gordon Gibb (Oct-24-13)
- Athletes File Injury Claims, Including Back and Neck Injuries By Heidi Turner (Sep-26-13)
- Visually Impaired Man Falls, Sues for Back and Neck Injury By Gordon Gibb (Aug-31-13)
- Rising Trampoline Accident and Injury Rates Raise Alarm Bells By Lucy Campbell (Aug-12-13)
- Plane Crash Results in Spinal Fractures By Heidi Turner (Jul-12-13)
- Neck Injury Victim Awarded $2.8 Million By Gordon Gibb (Jun-21-13)
- Back and Neck Injury: Insist on MRI By Jane Mundy (May-10-13)
- Back and Neck Injury Claims Run the Gamut By Gordon Gibb (Apr-26-13)
- Back and Neck Injuries Result in Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Mar-30-13)
- Back and Neck Injury: First 60 Days Vital By Jane Mundy (Feb-3-13)
- Appellate Court Finds for Plaintiff in Neck Injury Case By Gordon Gibb (Jan-24-13)
- A Trio of Auto Accident Related Back and Neck Injuries By Jane Mundy (Nov-27-12)
- Medtronic Slammed by Infuse Testimony to US Senate Investigators By Gordon Gibb (Oct-31-12)
- Can I Sue My Personal Trainer or the Gym for a Back and Neck Injury Lawsuit? By Jane Mundy (Sep-14-12)
- “My only hope with this Back and Neck Injury is with an Attorney” By Jane Mundy (Aug-24-12)
- Eight Years Later, Neck and Back Injury Compensation By Gordon Gibb (Jul-24-12)
- Fraternity Injury Verdict Staggering $7.2 Million By Jane Mundy (Jul-20-12)
- Woman Thrown In Pool Sues Mascot Over Back and Neck Injuries By Gordon Gibb (Jun-26-12)
- Neck Injury Compensation 10 Years in the Making By Gordon Gibb (May-12-12)
- Contact Sports Celebs with Back and Neck Injuries By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-12)
- California Trucker Seeks $60 Million following Horrific Crash By Gordon Gibb (Mar-16-12)
- Back and Neck Injury Can Be Interconnected By Gordon Gibb (Feb-20-12)
- Make Sure an Experienced Attorney Settles Your Back and Neck Injury Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Jan-3-12)