Asbestos Mesothelioma Articles
“The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney
March 31, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Austin, TX: By now, most everyone following the talcum powder lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson know the company is accused of failure to warn consumers about ovarian cancer risks. What they likely don’t know is that J&J isn’t required to disclose all the ingredients in their talc recipe. Attorney Mark Mueller urges the public to demand transparency…Read [ “The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney ]
March 20, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Trenton, NJ Environmental law has become better at protecting consumers from asbestos exposure in recent decades. But mesothelioma has a very long latency period, sometimes as long as 50 years. The plaintiff’s case in many asbestos mesothelioma lawsuits depends on finding very old samples of the product implicated in exposure. That’s tough, especially when those samples tend to be in the possession of the defendant.Read [ New Evidence Reopens Scotts Turf Builder Mesothelioma Lawsuit ]
February 20, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
New Brunswick, NJ: Jurors at an asbestos lawsuit currently underway in New Jersey have heard that an expert witness for the plaintiff may not have considered all statistical and reported evidence in his analysis which led him to believe that talcum powder manufactured by co-defendant Johnson & Johnson (J&J) does currently, or did at one time contain asbestos.Read [ Asbestos Mesothelioma Lawsuit Currently Underway in New Jersey ]
January 22, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
New Brunswick, NJ Next week the New Jersey Superior Court will hear opening arguments in Lanzo v. Cyprus Amex Minerals Co, the second Johnson & Johnson talcum powder mesothelioma case to go to trial. The first toxic tort lawsuit to allege a link between J&J’s talcum powder products and mesothelioma ended in a win for J&J. Another case involving Colgate-Palmolive’s Cashmere Bouquet talcum powder settled. There’s a lot riding on the outcome of Lanzo .Read [ Lanzo Talcum Powder Mesothelioma Toxic Tort Trial Opens in New Jersey ]
December 25, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Alameda County, CA: An asbestos lawsuit brought by the family of a man who died from asbestos mesothelioma concluded last week on December 11 with a decision worth a combined $22.17 million favoring the plaintiff. The award includes $4.6 million in punitive damages against co-defendants Imerys Talc America Inc. and Vanderbilt Minerals LLC.Read [ Asbestos Mesothelioma Verdict for the Plaintiff worth $22.17 Million ]
December 12, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Ridgeland, MO: Next year and the year after, St. Louis, Missouri will be the venue for a massive showdown in the courts between Johnson & Johnson and the hundreds of women who have filed lawsuits alleging there is a direct relationship between their ovarian cancer and the use of talcum powder-based products manufactured and sold by Johnson and Johnson.Read [ The Talcum Powder Cases Heading for Massive Trials Next Year ]
November 29, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Houston, TX: An asbestos mesothelioma lawsuit that hits close to home for those in the legal profession appeared, earlier this month to be in limbo and caught between a workers’ compensation claim, and whether or not the subject of the asbestos lawsuit was indeed, an employee and thus qualified for worker’s compensation.Read [ Asbestos Mesothelioma Victim Was a Sitting Judge in Texas ]
November 28, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Pasadena, CA: On November 16, 2017, a jury in Los Angeles Superior Court rejected Tina Herford’s argument that Johnson & Johnson’s Baby Powder and Shower to Shower talc products caused her mesothelioma. Her lawyer remains sanguine: “J&J is still selling contaminated baby powder. It is a matter of time before juries begin holding them to account,” he said of her talcum powder lawsuit. “We just missed on the first one.”Read [ Johnson & Johnson Wins First Mesothelioma Trial ]
November 12, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: Courts have reversed two talcum powder judgements against Johnson & Johnson. The talcum powder lawsuits involve a woman who was awarded $417 million in August and another case was awarded $72. Both women have died from ovarian cancer.Read [ Talcum Powder Judgements for Plaintiffs Reversed, Casting Similar Cases into Doubt ]
October 31, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Boston, MA: Veteran attorney Andrew Wainwright and the Thornton Law Firm in Boston, Massachusetts have been handling mesothelioma lawsuits on behalf of individuals with asbestos-related illnesses since 1978. He knows the issues well. Although the use of asbestos has been curtailed Wainwright says victims of its deadly effects and cases of mesothelioma continue to come forward.Read [ Mesothelioma Victims and Their Families Win Lawsuits against Insulation Supplier ]
- Rumors of Doom for Talcum Powder Lawsuits Greatly Exaggerated By Anne Wallace (Oct-29-17)
- Mesothelioma and Ovarian Cancer Talc Lawsuits Have in Common the Talc Supplier By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-17)
- J&J Seeks Judgment Notwithstanding the Verdict in Talcum Powder Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Sep-30-17)
- Mesothelioma Lawsuit Jury Verdict Goes to Plaintiff for $12.9 Million By Gordon Gibb (Sep-30-17)
- Talcum Powder Trials: Sympathy versus Science? By Jane Mundy (Sep-19-17)
- Michigan Widow Files Asbestos Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Aug-31-17)
- Still Too Soon to Take Echeverria to the Bank By Anne Wallace (Aug-26-17)
- Talcum Powder Cancer Trial: Who is More Credible? By Jane Mundy (Aug-20-17)
- Toxic Talc Trial Begins in California By Jane Mundy (Jul-29-17)
- Supreme Court Ruling May Affect Talcum Powder Lawsuit Claims By Deb Hipp (Jul-13-17)
- Mesothelioma Lawsuit Revived in California By Gordon Gibb (Jul-10-17)
- Legal Wrangling Over Cost of Asbestos Settlement Continues Long After Victim Dies By Gordon Gibb (Jul-1-17)
- Talcum Powder Cancer Trial Not Boding Well for Johnson & Johnson By Jane Mundy (Jun-20-17)
- More Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Lawsuits Transferred to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Jun-5-17)
- Talcum Powder Timeframe: From Scientific Studies to Safety Concerns to Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (May-23-17)
- $4 Million Mesothelioma Plaintiff Verdict Upheld on Appeal By Gordon Gibb (May-13-17)
- $110 Million Talc Verdict Comes Down in Favor of Plaintiff By Brenda Craig (May-10-17)
- Round 5: Talcum Powder Plaintiffs versus Johnson & Johnson By Jane Mundy (May-1-17)
- Missouri Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Could Go to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Apr-11-17)
- The Story of Libby Montana and Asbestosis By Brenda Craig (Apr-9-17)
- Missouri Jury in Talcum Powder Lawsuit sides with J&J By Jane Mundy (Mar-22-17)
- Evidence in Asbestosis Claim Failed to Meet California Minimums for Plausibility By Gordon Gibb (Mar-14-17)
- Missouri Jury Finds in Favor of Johnson & Johnson on Talcum Powder Case By Deb Hipp (Mar-10-17)
- Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer Whistleblower By Jane Mundy (Feb-21-17)
- Mesothelioma Victim Washed Late Husband’s Work Clothes By Gordon Gibb (Feb-13-17)
- New Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Against Johnson & Johnson Filed By Multiple Plaintiffs By Deb Hipp (Feb-9-17)
- Asbestosis Risk has been known since Roman Times By Gordon Gibb (Jan-11-17)
- Salvage Owner Jailed for Asbestos Violations By Gordon Gibb (Dec-6-16)
- Asbestosis Lawsuit Plaintiff Hopes for a New Day with New Trial By Gordon Gibb (Nov-12-16)
- Woman Awarded $70 Million in Talcum Powder Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Oct-28-16)
- Mesothelioma Plaintiff Suffers Setback, But Receives New Trial By Gordon Gibb (Oct-6-16)
- Mother and Son Launch Asbestosis Lawsuit Over Death of Husband and Father By Gordon Gibb (Sep-24-16)
- Two Talcum Powder Lawsuits Dismissed By Heidi Turner (Sep-10-16)
- Mesothelioma Victim Awarded $8.75 Million Has Only Months to Live By Gordon Gibb (Aug-21-16)
- Report: Number of Asbestos Claims Dropped in 2015 By Heidi Turner (Jul-17-16)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma: Italian Study Uncovers a New Wrinkle By Gordon Gibb (Jun-25-16)
- Massachusetts Firms Settle Allegations of Improper Asbestos Removal By Gordon Gibb (May-6-16)
- Death Rates for Asbestosis and Mesothelioma Higher in Charleston By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-16)
- Asbestosis Class-Action Lawsuit Promises Many Twists and Turns By Gordon Gibb (Mar-27-16)
- Ford Motor Co. to Face Asbestos Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Mar-9-16)