Talcum Powder Articles
December 12, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Ridgeland, MO: Next year and the year after, St. Louis, Missouri will be the venue for a massive showdown in the courts between Johnson & Johnson and the hundreds of women who have filed lawsuits alleging there is a direct relationship between their ovarian cancer and the use of talcum powder-based products manufactured and sold by Johnson and Johnson.Read [ The Talcum Powder Cases Heading for Massive Trials Next Year ]
November 28, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Pasadena, CA: On November 16, 2017, a jury in Los Angeles Superior Court rejected Tina Herford’s argument that Johnson & Johnson’s Baby Powder and Shower to Shower talc products caused her mesothelioma. Her lawyer remains sanguine: “J&J is still selling contaminated baby powder. It is a matter of time before juries begin holding them to account,” he said of her talcum powder lawsuit. “We just missed on the first one.”Read [ Johnson & Johnson Wins First Mesothelioma Trial ]
November 12, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: Courts have reversed two talcum powder judgements against Johnson & Johnson. The talcum powder lawsuits involve a woman who was awarded $417 million in August and another case was awarded $72. Both women have died from ovarian cancer.Read [ Talcum Powder Judgements for Plaintiffs Reversed, Casting Similar Cases into Doubt ]
October 29, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Los Angeles, CA: No, to answer the question recently posed by a widely-read legal publication, the recent reversal of the $417 million California verdict does not foreshadow doom for talc cases. But last week was undeniably tough for the plaintiffs in Johnson & Johnson lawsuits.Read [ Rumors of Doom for Talcum Powder Lawsuits Greatly Exaggerated ]
October 14, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA: Although some talcum powder lawsuits have linked J&J’s baby powder to ovarian cancer, one recent case had a different outcome. The Court of Appeals of California ruled the plaintiff was not exposed to asbestos from Cashmere Bouquet talc—a different product and a different company but they both used the same talc supplier.Read [ Mesothelioma and Ovarian Cancer Talc Lawsuits Have in Common the Talc Supplier ]
September 30, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Los Angeles, CA: On September 15, 2017, Johnson & Johnson (J&J) filed a Motion for Judgment Notwithstanding the Verdict (JNOV) in the Echeverria talcum powder lawsuit . This is in addition to a motion for a new trial.Read [ J&J Seeks Judgment Notwithstanding the Verdict in Talcum Powder Lawsuit ]
September 19, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: Despite lack of consensus in the scientific community directly associating talcum powder with the risk of ovarian cancer, jurors have sided with plaintiffs rather than Johnson & Johnson in four out of six talcum powder lawsuits that have gone to trial.Read [ Talcum Powder Trials: Sympathy versus Science? ]
August 26, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Los Angeles, CA: The plaintiffs’ bar is literally agog at the $417 million awarded by a Los Angeles jury to a woman who developed ovarian cancer after using Johnson’s Baby Powder for decades. The Johnson & Johnson lawsuit is the first talcum powder lawsuit to go to trial in California. Plaintiffs should certainly feel heartened at the outcome, but there are three major hurdles to be faced in the cases that follow.Read [ Still Too Soon to Take Echeverria to the Bank ]
August 20, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: In the third week of the current talcum powder trial, plaintiff’s doctor Annie Yessaian explained to the Los Angeles jury that talc can increase the risk of cancer. In its defense, J&J called to the stand Alan Andersen, a former FDA scientist and former director of the Cosmetic Ingredient Review, who said that studies showed talc had “unremarkable” effects on human cells.Read [ Talcum Powder Cancer Trial: Who is More Credible? ]
July 29, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: After plaintiff’s expert testified that talc is indeed toxic, defendant Johnson & Johnson is on the offensive in the talcum powder bellwether trial that began this week in California state court.Read [ Toxic Talc Trial Begins in California ]
- Supreme Court Ruling May Affect Talcum Powder Lawsuit Claims By Deb Hipp (Jul-13-17)
- Talcum Powder Cancer Trial Not Boding Well for Johnson & Johnson By Jane Mundy (Jun-20-17)
- More Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Lawsuits Transferred to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Jun-5-17)
- Talcum Powder Timeframe: From Scientific Studies to Safety Concerns to Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (May-23-17)
- $110 Million Talc Verdict Comes Down in Favor of Plaintiff By Brenda Craig (May-10-17)
- Round 5: Talcum Powder Plaintiffs versus Johnson & Johnson By Jane Mundy (May-1-17)
- Missouri Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Could Go to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Apr-11-17)
- Missouri Jury in Talcum Powder Lawsuit sides with J&J By Jane Mundy (Mar-22-17)
- Missouri Jury Finds in Favor of Johnson & Johnson on Talcum Powder Case By Deb Hipp (Mar-10-17)
- Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer Whistleblower By Jane Mundy (Feb-21-17)
- New Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Against Johnson & Johnson Filed By Multiple Plaintiffs By Deb Hipp (Feb-9-17)
- Woman Awarded $70 Million in Talcum Powder Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Oct-28-16)
- Two Talcum Powder Lawsuits Dismissed By Heidi Turner (Sep-10-16)
- $13 Million Asbestos Verdict against Colgate-Palmolive Over Talcum Powder By Gordon Gibb (Sep-23-15)