November 30, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Google Under Scrutiny by European Commission for Alleged Antitrust Activity ]
BRUSSELS Google, the giant internet search engine, has come under the scrutiny of the European Commission (EC), which has just announced an antitrust investigation amidst allegations Google has abused its dominance in the global online search arena.
March 11, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Antitrust News: Federal Investigators Launch Probe of the Agriculture Industry ]
Washington, DC To prevent the occurrence of financial crimes in the nation's farmlands, federal regulators have announced plans to hold hearings examining the agriculture industry's adherence to antitrust laws.
January 13, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Maine Lobster Dealers May Face Price Fixing Class Action Lawsuit ]
Portland, ME Maine's Attorney General has announced an investigation into the Pine Tree State's lobster industry, sparking a potential price fixing class action lawsuit from local fisherman.
December 4, 2009. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Antitrust News: Is Facebook Monopolizing Social Media? ]
San Jose, CA A new lawsuit may have a group of antitrust lawyers switching back to MySpace for their online interactions. Upstart inter-connectivity company Power.com has filed charges alleging that industry leader Facebook is using shady business practices to monopolize the online social networking market.
November 12, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Intel Antitrust Settlement With Rival AMD Worth $1.25 Billion ]
Sunnyvale, CA An ongoing antitrust dispute between giant computer chip maker Intel and the smaller Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has been settled with Intel's agreement today to pay AMD $1.25 billion to settle various antitrust and patent disputes.
November 6, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ New York Attorney General Launches Antitrust Action Against Intel ]
New York, NY The Attorney General of New York this week hit computer chip giant Intel with an antitrust lawsuit, alleging unfair marketing and business practices in an effort to shut out competitor Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). The lawsuit was launched Wednesday.
November 3, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ CDR Antitrust Update: Nine-Count Indictment Against California Firm ]
Beverly Hills, CA The latest antitrust news involves a federal grand jury indictment against a California-based financial products company accused of allegedly rigging bids for investment and derivatives in return for kickbacks. Antitrust lawyers will most assuredly be involved in the case, although it is not known at this time if the situation will involve a price fixing class action lawsuit.
October 4, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Potential for Antitrust in Huge Proposed Airline Agreement ]
Washington, DC While it hasn't come down to an antitrust class action lawsuit (and it may not ever), today's antitrust news once again includes the airline industry. As reported yesterday by Bloomberg News, the European Union (EU) has forwarded antitrust complaints to American Airlines (AA), British Airways Plc (BA) and Iberia Lineas Aereas de Espana SA with regard to a proposed trans-Atlantic alliance.
September 21, 2009. By Charles Benson.
New York City, NY: An Italian satellite television platform filed an antitrust lawsuit on Wednesday against its competitor, Mediaset SpA.Read [ Murdoch sues Italian Prime Minister over media antitrust ]
September 12, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Antitrust Laws, and 3.79 Million Reasons to Cry Foul ]
Schaumberg, IL A massive antitrust act case that may see payouts to 3.79 million class members was upheld this past Tuesday, assuring that antitrust laws have been brought to bear and antitrust policy is actively defended in this country.
- Hefty Fines for Antitrust Conspirators Fixing Prices of LCD Screens By Gordon Gibb (Sep-3-09)
- Pending Supreme Court Antitrust Ruling Could Impact Professional Sports By Gordon Gibb (Aug-10-09)
- Airlines Fined for Antitrust, US Laws Remain Tough By Gordon Gibb (Jul-6-09)
- When Antitrust Stifles a Move up the Ladder By Gordon Gibb (Jun-5-09)
- Intel Hit With $1.45 Billion Antitrust Fine By Gordon Gibb (May-13-09)
- Is Director Overlap on Google and Apple Boards Antitrust? By Gordon Gibb (May-5-09)
- Antitrust Allegations Hit Healthcare By Gordon Gibb (Apr-6-09)
- Jay Strosberg: The Attorney Behind the Ticketmaster Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Mar-21-09)
- Your Computer Monitor Could be Part of Antitrust Scheme By Gordon Gibb (Mar-3-09)
- Largest Antitrust Case Hits the Big Screen in September By Gordon Gibb (Feb-16-09)
- Lawyer says Millions Owed to Netflix DVD and Wal-Mart DVD Customers By Brenda Craig (Feb-15-09)
- Rail Carriers Target of Antitrust Bill By Gordon Gibb (Jan-11-09)
- Five Executives Answer to Marine Antitrust Charges By Gordon Gibb (Dec-3-08)
- Antitrust Act Violations Could Cost Rail Operators Billions By Gordon Gibb (Nov-21-08)
- Antitrust Grows in Complexity in Lockstep With Technology By Gordon Gibb (Oct-19-08)
- Philadelphia Firm Gets Cracking on Egg Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Oct-1-08)
- Chicago Firm Gears Up for Antitrust Class Action over Automotive Filters By Brenda Craig (Sep-25-08)
- Anti-trust Roundup: Today's Fix on Alleged Price-Fixing By Gordon Gibb (Sep-11-08)
- Massive Cosmetic Giveaway Part of Anti-Trust Settlement By Gordon Gibb (Aug-22-08)
- Antitrust Roundup: Is Unfair Advantage Just Good Business? By Gordon Gibb (Jul-31-08)
- Antitrust: Intel vs. Advanced Micro Devices By Gordon Gibb (Jun-18-08)
- AMD Files Antitrust Suit against Intel By Ginger Gillenwater (May-15-08)
- Antitrust Suit against GlaxoSmithKline Certified Class Action (May-9-08)
- Antitrust Heat Rises on Microsoft Buyout of Yahoo (Feb-4-08)
- Microsoft to Remain Under Court Scrutiny Until 2009 (Feb-1-08)
- Antitrust: Making Violators Cry Uncle By Gordon Gibb (May-17-07)
- Television Price Fixing Could Lead to Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Mar-28-07)
- Thin Screen TV Makers Investigated for Antitrust Violations By Heidi Turner (Feb-16-07)
- Allegations of Price Fixing could cost Airlines over 1.5 billion dollars By Jane Mundy (Jul-4-06)
- Greedy Airline Cargo Carriers By Jane Mundy (May-1-06)