Home Page >> Anti-coagulation medications >> Articles
Anit-Coagulation Medicine Articles
January 7, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
New Orleans, LA:With three federal bellwether cases having gone to the defendant and a fourth in state court favoring the plaintiff, the judge heading up the 18,500 consolidated cases in federal court has signaled he is looking for guidance from the various parties involved, with oral arguments on the docket for the end of the month following a status report. The Xarelto Lawsuit MDL is under the guidance and management of US District Judge Eldon Fallon in US District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana.Read [ Xarelto Bellwether Score is 3-1 for the Defendants: MDL to Map out Strategy ]
December 20, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: A verdict in favor of the plaintiff in a bellwether Xarelto lawsuit may be all for naught if the defense team for co-defendants Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Bayer AG are successful in having the verdict tossed.Read [ $27.8 Million Xarelto Plaintiff Verdict Could be Tossed Out ]
December 5, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Philadelphia, PA: A jury has found against units of Johnson & Johnson (J&J) and Bayer AG in the fourth bellwether Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) case being heard as part of a Xarelto mass tort. The award, nearly $28 million, is the first favoring a plaintiff, in this case Lynn Hartman, who alleged she suffered a serious gastrointestinal bleed while using the blood thinning medication. The jury found that the pharmaceutical companies failed to provide adequate warnings regarding the risks for bleeding associated with Xarelto.Read [ $28M Xarelto Verdict Against J&J and Bayer ]
November 18, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Manhattan, NY: A new study that appears to deflect some heat away from Eliquis bleeding risks, combines with a previous court decision by a federal judge back in May to intensify the challenge involved in bringing a successful Eliquis lawsuit.Read [ Is it Getting Just a Bit Harder to Bring an Eliquis Lawsuit? ]
November 17, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: The first trial in the large Xarelto mass tort in Philadelphia is underway, with damning testimony already on the record from a former commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). While three bellwether lawsuits have already been tried in multidistrict litigation in Louisiana, the Xarelto lawsuit brought by plaintiff Lynn Hartman is the first of some 1,500 cases housed in the Philadelphia mass tort to face a jury.Read [ Trial for First Philadelphia Mass Tort Xarelto Lawsuit Finally Underway ]
November 6, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Philadelphia, PA: Allegations of witness tampering have stalled the beginning of the Xarelto litigation. The first Xarelto trail was set to being Monday, November 6, but instead got sidelined by attempts to determine the significance of a meeting between a key witness, Dr. Timothy Aldridge, the plaintiff’s treating physician, and a Janssen sales representative.Read [ First Xarelto Trial Stalled Over Allegations of Witness Tampering ]
October 17, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Manhattan, NY: A new study released earlier this month suggests that blood thinners in the non-vitamin K oral anticoagulant class, or NOACs, could see heightened risk of bleeding when the blood thinners are taken in combination with certain drugs. Amongst the drugs in the so-called NOAC class is Eliquis, a new-age blood thinner that has been the subject of many an Eliquis lawsuit alleging unnecessary bleeding risk.Read [ As Eliquis Lawsuits Fall, New Study Heightens Bleeding Risk in Eliquis Class ]
August 5, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: Towards the end of May plaintiffs embroiled in some 18,000 Xarelto lawsuits consolidated in multidistrict litigation were pushing back against a move by defendants Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Janssen, a division of Johnson & Johnson) and Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Bayer) to escape claims that relied on allegations plaintiffs had previously dropped.Read [ Xarelto Seeking FDA Approval for Lower Dosage While Litigation Posturing Continues ]
July 16, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
New York, NY: Raymond Warme, according to a recent Eliquis lawsuit, was prescribed the new-age blood thinner apixaban for atrial fibrillation. That was in April, 2014. Litigation brought on his behalf by his daughter and partner claim that Warme began to experience gastrointestinal bleeding within two months of starting on the drug. He would not survive.Read [ Eliquis Lawsuit Alleges Wrongful Death, Product Misrepresentation ]
July 8, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
New Orleans, LA: The second bellwether Xarelto lawsuit in multidistrict litigation over allegations of Xarelto bleedout in association with the new age blood thinner has gone, like the first, to the defendant. While this may prove disappointing to litigants alleging the anticoagulant is unsafe, there are still two more bellwether trials to roll out later this year, with some 15,000 cases in the federal multidistrict litigation pipeline housed in New Orleans. Additional cases are percolating at the state level in Philadelphia.Read [ Second Bellwether Xarelto Lawsuit Goes to Defendant, All Eyes on Third ]
- Trio of Eliquis Blood Thinner Lawsuits Allege Defective Product By Gordon Gibb (Jun-19-17)
- Forecasting the Xarelto Bellwether Trials By Gordon Gibb (Jun-12-17)
- Merger Deal between Device Manufacturers Reveals Device Shortcomings By Gordon Gibb (Jun-6-17)
- Claims against Xarelto Due to Be Tested in Court Again By Brenda Craig (May-28-17)
- Eliquis Lawsuit Reveals Manufacturers Face Restrictions on Label Changes By Gordon Gibb (May-17-17)
- First Xarelto Bellwether Trial Goes to the Defense By Gordon Gibb (May-12-17)
- INRatio Proposed Class Action Settled Before Alere Lawsuit Could Proceed By Gordon Gibb (May-1-17)
- Federal Eliquis Blood Thinner Lawsuits Assigned to New York, State Suits Pending By Gordon Gibb (Apr-17-17)
- Defendants on Philadelphia Xarelto Mass Tort Seek Disclosure of Third-Party Funding By Gordon Gibb (Apr-11-17)
- Makers of Eliquis Ask the Court to Stop Sale of Generic Version By Deb Hipp (Apr-9-17)
- Plaintiff Asserts Eliquis Side Effects Left her with Permanent Injuries By Gordon Gibb (Mar-27-17)
- Alere Pushes for Dismissal of Home Blood Test Kits Class Action By Deb Hipp (Mar-19-17)
- Failed INRatio Device Fast-Tracked to Market By Gordon Gibb (Mar-10-17)
- Plaintiffs Looking for a Slam Dunk in First Xarelto Bellwether Trial This Month By Gordon Gibb (Mar-1-17)
- Eliquis Lawsuits Moving Forward in MDL, Venue Still to be Determined By Gordon Gibb (Feb-27-17)
- Alere INRatio Plaintiffs Petition Court to Keep Lawsuit Alive By Gordon Gibb (Feb-17-17)
- INRatio Class Action Headed for Trial By Brenda Craig (Feb-7-17)
- Xarelto Bellwether Pushed Back by NBA All-Star Game By Gordon Gibb (Feb-3-17)
- Adverse Events for Patients Using Alere INRatio System By Heidi Turner (Jan-21-17)
- First Xarelto Bellwether Trial Due in March, Others to Follow in 2017 By Gordon Gibb (Jan-6-17)
- Pradaxa Lawsuits Allege Pradaxa Bleeding Risk, Insufficient Warnings By Gordon Gibb (Jan-4-17)
- Alere Inc. In Tough over Recalled INRatio, Abbott Merger in Jeopardy By Gordon Gibb (Jan-3-17)
- Three Points for Alere INRatio Device By Jane Mundy (Dec-21-16)
- FDA Assurances Likely Not Enough to Satisfy Xarelto Litigants By Gordon Gibb (Dec-5-16)
- Pradaxa Bleeding Risk Increased With Certain Statins: Study By Gordon Gibb (Dec-4-16)
- FDA Weighs in Alere Recall and Potential for Skewed Results By Gordon Gibb (Dec-3-16)
- Manufacturer Attempts to Escape Federal Pradaxa Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Nov-4-16)
- Xarelto Mass Tort and MDL Grows By Jane Mundy (Nov-2-16)
- Janssen Knew About Issues With Alere INRatio Device By Heidi Turner (Oct-6-16)
- Pradaxa Lawsuits Keep Coming By Gordon Gibb (Oct-3-16)
- Xarelto MDL Judge Orders Redacted Personnel Files of Two Bayer Doctors By Gordon Gibb (Oct-2-16)
- Alere Inaccuracies may lead to Legal Action By Jane Mundy (Sep-24-16)
- Xarelto Lawsuits on the Rise By Jane Mundy (Sep-22-16)
- Pradaxa Bleeding Event Lawsuits Continue to Flow Unabated By Gordon Gibb (Sep-1-16)
- Xarelto Lawsuits Closing in on 7,000 By Gordon Gibb (Aug-14-16)
- Almost 6,000 Lawsuits Consolidated in Xarelto Litigation By Heidi Turner (Jul-14-16)
- Xarelto Lawsuits Continue Unabated, Now Over 5,000 and Growing in Number By Gordon Gibb (Jun-16-16)
- Thousands of Xarelto Lawsuits Filed Alleging Injury, Death By Heidi Turner (May-12-16)
- More Than 4,500 Xarelto Lawsuits Consolidated By Heidi Turner (Apr-27-16)
- Canadian Xarelto Lawsuits Continue to Emerge By Gordon Gibb (Apr-12-16)