Actos Side Effects Articles
December 13, 2016. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: Findings from an updated review by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on the use of type 2 diabetes medicine pioglitazone (Actos, Actoplus Met, Actoplus Met XR, Duetact, Oseni) suggests there may be an increased risk for bladder cancer associated with drug.Read [ Updated FDA Review Suggests Link Between Actos and Bladder Cancer ]
October 17, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Shreveport, LA: It may have been a few years since Actos litigation first got underway, but lawsuits are still being transferred into the Actos multidistrict litigation, and plaintiffs are still filing lawsuits alleging they were harmed by the use of the drug. Meanwhile, allegations from a whistleblower that Takeda Pharmaceuticals paid kickbacks for prescribing Actos have not helped the drugmaker's case.Read [ Patients Allege They Were Harmed by Actos ]
September 17, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Huntsville, AL: As Takeda Pharmaceutical Company prepares to release its Q4 strategy, litigation over Actos bladder cancer continues unabated.Read [ Actos Bladder Cancer Lawsuits Continue in the US and Canada ]
August 3, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Ottawa, ON: The caseload in the Actos bladder cancer multi-district litigation continues to swell as Actos side effects lawsuits such as that filed by plaintiffs Matthew Gasparovic and Sumico Yamana are brought into the fold. In the meantime, we’re just beyond the 5-year anniversary of an investigation into Actos and bladder cancer by the Canadian equivalent of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Health Canada.Read [ Health Canada Knows All About Potential for Actos and Bladder Cancer ]
July 7, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: The risk for Actos bladder cancer as translated through the Takeda Pharmaceuticals Q3 forecast reads like a matter-of-fact risk assessment as a cost of doing business, rather than a reflection of any real concern over the potential for Actos and bladder cancer in association with the type 2 diabetes drug.Read [ Takeda Promotes “Fairness and Honesty” While Lawsuits Climb ]
June 22, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Cleveland, OH: Years after lawsuits concerning the risk of Actos side effects were first filed, new plaintiffs alleging a link between Actos and bladder cancer are still coming forward. The plaintiffs claim they were harmed by the use of Actos and were not adequately warned about the potential risk of serious side effects.Read [ More Actos Lawsuits Filed ]
May 20, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
New Orleans, LA: More plaintiffs are coming forward to file Actos lawsuits alleging they were harmed by Actos side effects. Actos has reportedly been linked to an increased risk of serious side effects. Plaintiffs allege they developed bladder cancer as a result of using Actos to treat their diabetes. Those claims are now seemingly bolstered by a new study in BMJ.Read [ Study Links Actos to Bladder Cancer ]
April 22, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Toronto, ON: The headlines in Canada screaming the potential for Actos bladder cancer were loud and compelling, with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) carrying a report from the Associated Press (AP) that the manufacturer of the best-selling diabetes drug on the planet was facing hundreds of lawsuits over the association of Actos and bladder cancer. Plaintiff Nancy Rios was concerned she would lose her bladder.Read [ Four Class-Action Actos Bladder Cancer Lawsuits Bubbling in Canada ]
March 13, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Boston, MA: A whistleblower lawsuit filed against Takeda Pharmaceuticals alleges the maker of Actos ignored concerns about potential Actos side effects, including Actos and bladder cancer, and actively promoted the use of Actos for treatment of prediabetes. A type 2 diabetes drug, Actos (pioglitazone hydrochloride) was never approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treating prediabetes.Read [ Actos Lawsuit Slams Takeda Pharmaceutical Executives ]
September 9, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Actos Lawsuits: When $2.37 Billion Isn’t Enough ]
New Orleans, LA To the general public, $2.37 billion might seem like the sort of money one would jump at the opportunity to have, but for those people who filed an Actos lawsuit against Takeda Pharmaceuticals, it just might not be enough. The deadline to sign up to be part of an Actos side effects settlement has passed, but because not enough people have joined in, that deadline has reportedly been extended. Meanwhile, more Actos lawsuits have made their way to court, with plaintiffs alleging they were not adequately warned about the link between Actos and bladder cancer.
- Actos Bladder Cancer Settlement Could Cost Takeda $2.7 Billion By Gordon Gibb (May-3-15)
- Actos Cancer Victims Get $2.4B Settlement By Lucy Campbell (Apr-29-15)
- Actos Cancer Victims Could See A $2.2B Settlement By Lucy Campbell (Apr-6-15)
- Takeda Loses Actos Lawsuit, Ordered to Pay More Than $2 Million By Heidi Turner (Mar-16-15)
- Actos Bladder Cancer Expert Witness Paid for Testimony By Gordon Gibb (Feb-6-15)
- Will 2015 Be Another Huge Year in Actos Litigation? By Heidi Turner (Jan-9-15)
- Takeda Fined by Trial Jury for Destruction of Actos Documents By Gordon Gibb (Dec-4-14)
- Damages Cut in Actos Case, Request for New Trial Denied By Heidi Turner (Nov-3-14)
- $9B Actos Bladder Cancer Settlement Gets Reduced to $37 Million By Lucy Campbell (Oct-28-14)
- Philadelphia Plaintiff Awarded $2 Million in Actos Bladder Cancer Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Oct-6-14)
- Damning Actos Lawsuit Testimony Portrays Takeda as Manipulative By Gordon Gibb (Sep-21-14)
- Attempt to Throw Out $9 Billion Actos Award Rejected By Heidi Turner (Sep-9-14)
- $9 Billion Actos Bladder Cancer Verdict to Stand By Lucy Campbell (Aug-29-14)
- Actos Bladder Cancer Plaintiff Loses Kidney, Sues Takeda By Gordon Gibb (Aug-23-14)
- Actos Lawsuit Documents Claim Takeda “Put Countless Lives at Risk” By Heidi Turner (Aug-9-14)
- Following Huge Judgment against It, Takeda Files Motion for New Trial By Heidi Turner (Jul-25-14)
- Judge Keeps Hammering Takeda in Actos Bladder Cancer Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jul-12-14)
- Actos Lawsuit Filed by Insurer By Heidi Turner (Jun-21-14)
- Actos Bladder Cancer Doesn’t Appear to Be Hurting Takeda By Gordon Gibb (Jun-10-14)
- In Spite of Defendant Misconduct, Takeda Wins Case By Gordon Gibb (May-26-14)
- Jury Rules Against Women in Actos Bladder Cancer Trial By Lucy Campbell (May-22-14)
- Actos Attorneys Face Sanctions for Misconduct By Heidi Turner (May-13-14)
- Following Suit: Actos Lawsuit Update By Heidi Turner (May-4-14)
- Actos Bladder Cancer Feud Brewing between Takeda and Eli Lilly By Gordon Gibb (Apr-29-14)
- Plaintiff Awarded $9 Billion in Actos Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Apr-14-14)
- Jury Awards $6B in Damages in Actos Cancer Trials By Lucy Campbell (Apr-8-14)
- Bellwether Actos Bladder Cancer Lawsuit Long on Complexity By Gordon Gibb (Mar-29-14)
- Multibillion-Dollar Actos Lawsuit Underway in Nevada By Heidi Turner (Mar-23-14)
- Actos Side Effects Study Suggests Link to Bladder Cancer By Heidi Turner (Feb-21-14)
- Actos Lawsuit Jury Allowed to Hear Testimony About Missing Actos Files By Gordon Gibb (Feb-8-14)
- First Federal Actos Bladder Cancer Bellwether Trial Underway By Gordon Gibb (Jan-28-14)
- Actos Bladder Cancer Lawsuit Will Go Ahead By Heidi Turner (Jan-13-14)
- Third Actos Bladder Cancer Bellwether Lawsuit Concludes By Gordon Gibb (Dec-29-13)
- Will FDA’s About-Face on Avandia Affect Actos? By Heidi Turner (Dec-13-13)
- FDA Eases Warnings For Avandia By Lucy Campbell (Nov-29-13)
- Should Popping a Pill Cause a Lifetime of Adverse Health? By Gordon Gibb (Nov-22-13)
- Four More Actos Lawsuits Filed By Heidi Turner (Nov-8-13)
- The News Is Not All Bad for Actos Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Oct-23-13)
- Despite a Finding for Negligence, Actos Bladder Cancer Plaintiff Loses Case By Gordon Gibb (Oct-11-13)
- Lawsuit Raises Allegations About Takeda’s Knowledge of Actos Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Sep-25-13)