LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONAutomotive
Legal News Articles - Automotive
August 5, 2008. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Plane Makes Emergency Landing at JFK Airport ]
New York, NY A plane was forced to make an emergency landing at New York's JFK airport Tuesday, August 5th after one of its engines lost power. The plane made the landing shortly after takeoff from LaGuardia Airport when crew noticed the plane was not flying with full power. Using only one engine, the plane was safely piloted to JFK airport where it successfully landed.
July 31, 2008. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Airplane Crashes: Passengers Have No Control ]
Athens, TX It is enough to make a person want to give up air travel forever. Writing about plane crashes, one sees news daily—hourly, almost—recounting the horrors of various air traffic accidents. From fuselage falling from airplanes to in-air collisions to planes crashing into the sides of mountains, the news is full of tragic stories about air travel gone wrong. Occasionally, people miraculously survive their ordeals, although they almost never emerge unscathed.
July 26, 2008. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Qantas Flight QF-30 ]
Melbourne, AU Three-hundred and forty-six passengers and 19 crew who were aboard the Qantas flight QF-30 from London to Melbourne last Friday, July 25 are still reeling from the terrifying experience. When passengers saw the gaping hole in the plane' s fusilage, they realized how close they came to a plane crash, and how lucky they were to be alive. The Australian Herald reported that when they disembarked, some passengers vomited and looked "really scared".
July 23, 2008. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Plane Crash: What Goes Up… ]
Tacoma, WA We all know the end of that saying. Unfortunately, in the case of aviation, it seems that, with startling frequency, planes are not coming down the manner they were designed to. Rather, they are crashing down, taking with them innocent lives. Plane crashes are in the news far too often; however, many victims, their families and others affected by the accidents are holding those responsible for their plane crashes accountable.
July 22, 2008. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Plane Crashes Preventable ]
Seattle, WA It seems that not a day goes by without news of a tragic plane crash. Most of them involve small planes, carrying fewer than five people, but they also involve family members who are left devastated by the loss of a loved one. Unfortunately, many plane crashes are preventable, making them that much more tragic.
July 18, 2008. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Automotive Motive: Know Your Rights and Act ]
Louisville, OH While a vehicle lawsuit over allegedly defective engines in 2004 Ford F-250 Super-Duty trucks proceeds, owners continue to have problems with the power plant of a supposedly rugged truck that succeeds in costing owners in time, lost productivity and headaches.
May 30, 2008. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Yamaha Rhino Rollovers: Two Die in Two Separate Rollovers on the Same Day ]
Marshall, TX An all-terrain vehicle that may be more familiar to people lying on its side than on all four wheels is the subject of yet another lawsuit alleging a dangerous design, as users of the popular Yamaha Rhino ATV continue to suffer serious injuries, or even death.
March 26, 2008.
Louisville, KY: A Jefferson Circuit Court Jury awarded the Estate of Bernard Mulligan $3.25 million dollars for injuries suffered in a car fire resulting in Mr. Mulligan's death. The jury deliberated for three hours at the conclusion of a four-day trial presided over by Circuit Court Judge Martin McDonald. The jury determined that Don's Auto Clinic, which was an auto repair shop located on Greenwood Road in Louisville Kentucky, and its owner, Samuel Barrett were negligent in diagnosing, repairing, and inspecting Mr. Mulligan's vehicle.Read [ Jefferson Circuit Court Jury Awards $3.25 Million to Estate of Man who died in Car Fire ]
November 3, 2007. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ SUVs Susceptible to Rollovers, Regulations for Roof Integrity Lacking ]
Detroit, MI SUVs and other vehicles in which drivers ordinarily feel safe and secure can become a source for danger and personal injury when a traffic mishap combines with physics which govern a tall, top-heavy vehicle, resulting in a rollover.
November 1, 2007. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Car Crashworthiness: Are Newer Vehicles Designed for Failure? ]
Philadelphia, PA "I want to say to everyone passing me on the highway that you will be dead if your car crashed driving that fast," says racing car driver Brian Watson. "Auto makers aren't doing enough to increase the survivability of high speed accidents." Increasingly, vehicles are designed for fuel efficiency and that means lighter cars. And that spells car crashworthiness failure.
- Judge Upholds $7M Verdict and Adds over $1.5M Pre-judgment and Post-judgment Interest in Tyson Foods Truck Crash By Baum Hedlund (Oct-31-07)
- Faulty Fuel Tanks: Fuelling the Fire By Gordon Gibb (Oct-29-07)
- Car Crashworthiness: Another Airbag Failure By Jane Mundy (Oct-28-07)
- SUV Rollover: A Tragic End for a Young Woman By Jane Mundy (Oct-17-07)
- Car Crashworthiness: When (If Ever) Do Airbags Deploy in Rear-End Collisions? By Jane Mundy (Oct-12-07)
- Ford's Airbags: Another Car Crashworthiness Failure By Jane Mundy (Sep-24-07)
- Car Crashworthiness: Can $54 Million Really Compensate this Little Girl? By Brenda Frohloff (Sep-19-07)
- Car Crashworthiness: Hyundai Tiburon Worthless By Jane Mundy (Sep-17-07)
- Car Crashworthiness: Not All Vehicles Are Completely Safe By Heidi Turner (Sep-7-07)
- Crash-worthiness: New standards woefully inadequate By Gordon Gibb (Sep-7-07)
- Car Crashworthiness Failure: A Family's Agony By Jane Mundy (Aug-31-07)
- Car crashworthiness and Airbag Deployment: Hit or Miss? By Jane Mundy (Aug-27-07)
- Car Crashworthiness: Auto Manufacturers must be held Responsible By Jane Mundy (Aug-20-07)
- Crashworthiness: When Ideals and the Real World Collide on the Road By Gordon Gibb (Aug-13-07)
- Car Accidents: Why Walk Away? By Gordon Gibb (Jun-13-07)
- In Case of Car Accident: A Lawyer Can be Your Best Friend By Gordon Gibb (May-23-07)
- Increased Risks for Motorcyclists: Are Auto Drivers to Blame? By Anne Borden (May-22-07)
- Goodyear Tires should not be on RVs By Heidi Turner (Apr-20-07)
- Car Accidents: A Painful Journey By Heidi Turner (Sep-7-06)
- Trucking Accidents becoming More Severe By Heidi Turner (Aug-25-06)
- Class Action Suit Filed Against Hyundai By Heidi Turner (Aug-8-06)
- More Hyundai Tiburon Trouble By Jane Mundy (May-23-06)
- Hyundai Tiburon: Buyer Beware By Jane Mundy (May-11-06)
- Auto Manufacturers: Is Safety Secondary? By Jane Mundy (Feb-9-06)
- Your Car Could Be Killing You By Jane Mundy (Feb-8-06)
- Ford Explorers: Or is it Ford "Exploders"? By Jane Mundy (Feb-7-06)
- Countless Complaints about Chrysler By Jane Mundy (Feb-7-06)
- General Motors: Manufacturing Defective Vehicles By Jane Mundy (Jan-30-06)
- Ford admission of cruise control fire danger too late By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-06)
- SUVs and Child Safety By Jane Mundy (Jan-3-06)