Legal News Articles - Automotive
July 15, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Baja Motorsports Recalls Mini Bikes and Go-Carts ]
Washington, DC About 308,000 Baja Motorsports Mini Bikes and Go-Carts are being recalled because the gas cap can leak or detach from the fuel tank on the recalled mini bikes and go-carts, posing a fire and burn hazard to consumers. In addition, the throttle can stick due to an improperly positioned fuel line and throttle cable, posing a sudden acceleration hazard to consumers.
July 9, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Family Launches Wrongful Death Suit after Recent Texas Car Crash ]
Midland, TX The family of a Texas woman killed in a head-on Texas car crash on the first day of summer has hired a lawyer to bring a wrongful death suit on her behalf. Marina Lisa Robles and her passenger Joe Luis Ramon, both 47, were killed when the car they were driving was struck by a business vehicle driven by a man with a "history of alcohol and / or drug offences," according to the Robles family's attorney.
July 7, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Two Infants Injured in Missouri Car Accident ]
Springfield, MO A car accident in McDonald County has left six people injured, two of them infants, according to the Missouri Highway Patrol reports.
July 2, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Woman Sent Hurtling From Car in Jefferson Car Accident ]
Jefferson, MO A 64-year old woman was ejected from her vehicle, sustaining serious injuries as a result, during a Missouri car accident Thursday.
July 1, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Toyota to Recall 17,000 2010 HS250h Lexus Vehicles ]
Washington, DC Toyota announced that it will recall certain model year 2010 HS250h Lexus vehicles for failing to comply with the requirements of federal motor vehicle safety standards No. 301, "Fuel system integrity." When the vehicle was rotated following a crash test as required, the amount of fuel leakage exceeded the allowable limits. Potentially, 17,000 vehicles could be affected.
June 30, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Six Fire Fighters Injured In Rollover Accident ]
Farmington, MO A vehicle rollover accident involving a fire truck has left six volunteer firefighters injured. The fire truck rolled over as a result of trying to miss another motorist.
June 16, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Three Injured in Pleasant Hope Car Accident ]
Pleasant Hope, MO A tragic car accident that occurred Tuesday in Pleasant Hope MO, has sent three people to hospital with injuries.
June 11, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ North Carolina Train Wreck Involves Tractor Trailer ]
Cleveland, NC A tractor trailer was at the center of a recent train accident that took place early Monday morning and left one man in serious condition at a local hospital.
June 9, 2010. By Jane Mundy.
On June 8 General Motors (GM) announced it was recalling 1.5 million cars and trucks worldwide from the 2006 to 2009 model years worldwide to repair problems with a heated windshield washer-fluid system that could short circuit and cause a fire. GM said it had received reports of five fires. The recall includes several crossovers, sport utility vehicles, pickups and passenger cars.Read [ Fire Hazard Forces General Motors Recall ]
June 7, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Chrysler Recalls 600,000 Vehicles ]
Detroit, MI Chrysler is recalling approximately 600,000 vehicles because of brake or wiring problems that could cause safety issues. The recall, which affects minivans and Jeep Wranglers, was announced on June 6, 2010.
- Ottawa Officials Call to Ban Big Rigs from Downtown By Gordon Gibb (Jun-6-10)
- Toyota Was Reluctant to Affect Defective Product Repairs By Gordon Gibb (Jun-2-10)
- Three-Year Old Dies in Missouri Car Accident By Lucy Campbell (May-26-10)
- Firemen Respond to Near Fatal Columbia Car Accident By Lucy Campbell (May-25-10)
- Missouri Accident: Negligence and a Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (May-24-10)
- Ford Minivan Moms Beware By Brenda Craig (May-22-10)
- Two Dead in Crossover Missouri Car Accident By Lucy Campbell (May-21-10)
- Head-on Crash Kills One By Lucy Campbell (May-19-10)
- School Bus Hits Utility Pole in Missouri Accident By Heidi Turner (May-17-10)
- One Dead, Two Injured in Missouri Car Accident By Lucy Campbell (May-12-10)
- Missouri Car Crash Claims Life of Promising Track Star By Gordon Gibb (May-11-10)
- 13-Year Old Driver Loses Control of Car By Lucy Campbell (May-7-10)
- Toyota Accelerator Recall Repairs by the Numbers By Gordon Gibb (May-6-10)
- Spring Brings Robins and ATV Accidents By Gordon Gibb (May-4-10)
- Toyota Sudden Acceleration Litigation: 320 Lawsuits Filed By Gordon Gibb (May-3-10)
- Toyota Announces Voluntary Recall on 2003 Model-Year Sequoia By Lucy Campbell (Apr-28-10)
- SUV Crashes into House off Kansas Expressway By Lucy Campbell (Apr-27-10)
- Toyota Stalls Customer By Jane Mundy (Apr-22-10)
- Toyota Recalls 2010 Lexus GX 460 SUV Vehicles By Gordon Gibb (Apr-21-10)
- Toyota Recall Prompts $16.4 Million in US Fines By Charles Benson (Apr-21-10)
- Side by Side Car Crash Injures Three By Lucy Campbell (Apr-20-10)
- Toyota Recalls 870,000 Sienna Minivans in North America By Lucy Campbell (Apr-16-10)
- Boy Killed in Car Crash, Mother Goes to Court By Lucy Campbell (Apr-16-10)
- Four Car Accident in Seneca By Lucy Campbell (Apr-14-10)
- Toyota Halts Sales of Lexus GX460 By Lucy Campbell (Apr-14-10)
- Toyota Stops Selling Lexus SUV Pending Further Rollover Tests By Gordon Gibb (Apr-14-10)
- Toyota 2010 Lexus GX 460 SUV Cited for Rollover Hazard By Gordon Gibb (Apr-13-10)
- Alcohol May Have Led to Fatal Missouri Car Accident By Gordon Gibb (Apr-13-10)
- Potential Penalties against Toyota Could Hit $49.2 Million By Gordon Gibb (Apr-11-10)
- California Driver Sentenced to Four Years in Prison for Texting While Driving By Gordon Gibb (Apr-11-10)
- Fatal Car Accident Leaves One Dead in Memphis, Missouri By Hana Silverstein (Apr-10-10)
- One Dead, Six Injured in Missouri Car Crash By Lucy Campbell (Apr-9-10)
- Attorney John Page Speaks about Missouri Accidents By Heidi Turner (Apr-7-10)
- Imprisoned Toyota Driver Seeks New Trial By Gordon Gibb (Apr-2-10)
- Sticky Pedals? Toyota Adjusted Settings in Throttle Electronics in 2002 By Gordon Gibb (Mar-29-10)
- Toyota Shareholders Sue By Brenda Craig (Mar-26-10)
- Car Crashworthiness Integral To Redesigned Police Cruisers By Charles Benson (Mar-22-10)
- New York State Couple Blames Toyota for Death of Son By Gordon Gibb (Mar-19-10)
- More Braking News: Now It's Honda By Jane Mundy (Mar-19-10)
- Accelerator Victim Giving Toyota a "Long Leash" For Now By Jane Mundy (Mar-18-10)