LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONAutomotive
Legal News Articles - Automotive
September 28, 2015. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Clean Diesel Technology Claim Deceived Millions of VW Owners ]
Corpus Christi, TX When Holly Harris bought her 2012 Jetta TDI two years ago, she, like millions of other VW owners, thought she was paying for “Clean Diesel” technology. She uses her Jetta to travel to school and make regular trips out of town to visit relatives.
September 24, 2015. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ VW Owners File $1 Billion Suit ]
Edmonton, AB Volkswagen owners in Canada are so revved up over the German automaker’s blatantly deceptive and false auto emissions information that they have filed a $1 billion (that’s billion with a “b”) lawsuit against the company.
September 22, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Volkswagen Facing Nationwide Lawsuit Over Environmental Emissions Deception ]
Seattle, WA Further to Volkswagen’s admission that it deliberately skirted environmental regulations in its 2009-2015 model year vehicles, and a subsequent recall demanded by the US government to fix the software issues in these cars, a nationwide class action lawsuit has been filed against the automaker.
September 4, 2015. By The National Trial Lawyers.
Corpus Christi, TX: A young man who was paralyzed in a company vehicle accident recovered a jury verdict of $67.4 million. Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys represented the plaintiff.Read [ Jury Awards $67 Million to Passenger Paralyzed in Chain Reaction Auto Accident ]
July 18, 2015. By The National Trial Lawyers.
The Ninth Circuit revived the wrongful death claims against Chrysler Group that arose from a transmission defect in Chrysler vehicles. The federal court of appeals held that “genuine issues of material fact existed as to whether the “false park” defect in the Grand Caravan” caused the deaths of plaintiffs’ mother and father.”Read [ Chrysler False-Park Wrongful Death Suit Revived by the Ninth Circuit ]
July 9, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Truck Accident Shuts Down California Freeway ]
Los Angeles, CA A massive truck accident recently caused the shutdown of the HOV and No. 1 lanes on the freeway just north of Pearblossom Highway in Southern California earlier today.
May 30, 2015. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ “A Truck Crash Is Not a Car Crash,” Says Florida Litigation Lawyer ]
Jacksonville, FL Attorney Joseph Camerlengo rarely let’s a week go by without tapping into Transport Topics, a website Camerlengo describes as “The Wall Street Journal” of the transportation industry. He’s a fastidious reader of trending transport issues because the entire focus of his practice is on an increasing complex area of the law involving personal injury related to trucking accidents.
May 19, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Takata Admits Airbags Defective Recalls 33.8M Vehicles ]
Detroit, MI Takata Corp, the manufacturer of the defective airbags installed in Toyota, Nissan and Honda vehicles, has announced it is recalling about 33.8 million vehicles which have the airbags. The recall is expected to be the largest in US history, affecting nearly one in seven cars on the roads in the US.
May 14, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Honda Recalls 4.89 Million Cars With Takata Airbags ]
Washington, DC Japanese car maker Honda is recalling 4.89 million vehicles equipped with potentially faulty Takata air bags. This recall is in addition to earlier recalls issued by Honda, Toyota and Nissan over defective airbags.
May 8, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Driver Dies from Horrific New Jersey Truck Accident ]
Woodbridge, NJ Lost in the coverage of a horrific tanker truck crash that occurred earlier this week on an exit ramp off the New Jersey Turnpike was the potential for personal injury or loss of life beyond the driver of the tanker truck, who died from massive burns after the truck caught fire. There is also the potential for a design flaw in the exit ramp, which according to news reports features a sharp turn that carries warning signs advising drivers to slow down. The truck accident appears to have happened at that very curve.
- Plaintiffs Give Up on GM Faulty Ignition Switch Fund, Look to Courts Instead By Gordon Gibb (Apr-26-15)
- Airbag Investigation Announced By Heidi Turner (Apr-7-15)
- $11M Awarded in Toyota Camry Sudden Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (Feb-4-15)
- Hagens Berman Expands National Takata Airbag Safety Recall Investigation By LAS Staff Writer (Jan-20-15)
- Airbag Recall Grows As Lawsuits Are Filed By Heidi Turner (Jan-15-15)
- Consequences of GM Recall Extended As Guilty Plea in Fatal Crash Overturned By Heidi Turner (Dec-25-14)
- Calls for Nationwide Airbag Recall Increase As Some Lawsuits Are Settled By Heidi Turner (Nov-30-14)
- More Damning Revelations in the GM Faulty Ignition Switch Controversy By Gordon Gibb (Nov-21-14)
- NHTSA Wants National Recall of Vehicles with Defective Takata Airbags By Lucy Campbell (Nov-19-14)
- Chrysler Air Bag and Steering Wobble Recalls By Lucy Campbell (Oct-10-14)
- Faulty Airbags Contributed to Deaths of Young Mother and Her Unborn Child By Gordon Gibb (Oct-9-14)
- Airbag Defect Leads to Recall By Heidi Turner (Sep-7-14)
- $28.4M Recovery for Texas Women in Company Car Crash By The National Trial Lawyers (Aug-22-14)
- Airbag Injuries Lawsuit Filed against GM By Heidi Turner (Aug-15-14)
- GM Recall: “I Drove a Rolling Death Trap” By Jane Mundy (Aug-12-14)
- GM’s Plan to Pay $22 Per Car Not Good Enough By Brenda Craig (Jul-25-14)
- Airbag Injury Lawsuits—More to Come? By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-14)
- Following Suit: General Motors Recalls By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-14)
- Widower Alleging Airbag Failure Attempts to Re-Launch Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jun-12-14)
- Melton Family Wants the Truth from GM By Brenda Craig (May-20-14)
- GM Issues Another Recall for 5 Different Defects in 2,7 Million Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (May-15-14)
- Texas Woman Sues Ford, Local Dealership Over Airbag Injuries By Gordon Gibb (May-1-14)
- Inside the GM Faulty Ignition Switch Recall—LawyersandSettlements.com Speaks with Attorney Lance Cooper By LAS Staff Writer (Apr-9-14)
- Were GM Lawyers Involved in Ignition Switch Defect Cover Up? By Lucy Campbell (Apr-8-14)
- GM Issues Third Massive Recall for Alleged Defective Power Steering By Lucy Campbell (Apr-1-14)
- Leading GM Injury Lawyer Speaks out on NHTSA Failures, GM’s Apparent Disregard By Brenda Craig (Mar-22-14)
- GM Failed to Report Ignition Switch Design Change: NHTSA Wants Answers By Gordon Gibb (Mar-20-14)
- Families Suing GM Because Recall Comes Too Late By Lucy Campbell (Mar-12-14)
- Airbag Injury Caused to Passenger When Airbags Deployed without Warning By Gordon Gibb (Feb-13-14)
- Paul Walker Car Accident Investigation Under Way By Lucy Campbell (Dec-4-13)
- Texas Plaintiff Sues Over Airbag Injuries, Other Claims By Gordon Gibb (Dec-3-13)
- Chrysler Agrees to Recall 2.7 Million Jeeps By Lucy Campbell (Jun-18-13)
- Massive Airbag Recalls Due to Defective Airbag Components By Gordon Gibb (Apr-29-13)
- Attorney Investigating Online Car Referrer By Heidi Turner (Feb-20-13)
- How Do Online Car Dealer Kickbacks Work? By Heidi Turner (Jan-29-13)
- Vehicles Recalled Due To Defective Airbags By Heidi Turner (Dec-3-12)
- Airbag Injury Almost Cost Driver His Left Ear By Gordon Gibb (Nov-13-12)
- NHTSA Expands Airbag Injuries Probe By Heidi Turner (Oct-6-12)
- Airbag Injuries Alleged to Have Caused Girl's Blindness By Gordon Gibb (Sep-4-12)
- Hyundai Announces Airbag Recall By Heidi Turner (Aug-10-12)