Legal News Articles - Automotive
July 9, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Truck Accident Shuts Down California Freeway ]
Los Angeles, CA A massive truck accident recently caused the shutdown of the HOV and No. 1 lanes on the freeway just north of Pearblossom Highway in Southern California earlier today.
May 30, 2015. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ “A Truck Crash Is Not a Car Crash,” Says Florida Litigation Lawyer ]
Jacksonville, FL Attorney Joseph Camerlengo rarely let’s a week go by without tapping into Transport Topics, a website Camerlengo describes as “The Wall Street Journal” of the transportation industry. He’s a fastidious reader of trending transport issues because the entire focus of his practice is on an increasing complex area of the law involving personal injury related to trucking accidents.
May 19, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Takata Admits Airbags Defective Recalls 33.8M Vehicles ]
Detroit, MI Takata Corp, the manufacturer of the defective airbags installed in Toyota, Nissan and Honda vehicles, has announced it is recalling about 33.8 million vehicles which have the airbags. The recall is expected to be the largest in US history, affecting nearly one in seven cars on the roads in the US.
May 14, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Honda Recalls 4.89 Million Cars With Takata Airbags ]
Washington, DC Japanese car maker Honda is recalling 4.89 million vehicles equipped with potentially faulty Takata air bags. This recall is in addition to earlier recalls issued by Honda, Toyota and Nissan over defective airbags.
May 8, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Driver Dies from Horrific New Jersey Truck Accident ]
Woodbridge, NJ Lost in the coverage of a horrific tanker truck crash that occurred earlier this week on an exit ramp off the New Jersey Turnpike was the potential for personal injury or loss of life beyond the driver of the tanker truck, who died from massive burns after the truck caught fire. There is also the potential for a design flaw in the exit ramp, which according to news reports features a sharp turn that carries warning signs advising drivers to slow down. The truck accident appears to have happened at that very curve.
April 26, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Plaintiffs Give Up on GM Faulty Ignition Switch Fund, Look to Courts Instead ]
New York, NY A division has formed between plaintiffs trying or having tried to access a compensation fund established by General Motors for victims of faulty GM ignition switches, and those plaintiffs who have either given up on the fund, don’t qualify, or at the end of the day feel they would fare better with the courts. The dividing of the camps adds to the drama over the faulty ignition switches that plaintiffs allege GM knew about and tried to hide. In the end, many plaintiffs are bailing on the GM Faulty Ignition Switch Fund, opting to face the courts on their own.
April 7, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Airbag Investigation Announced ]
Washington, DC Following a year in which airbag recalls and defective airbags have been in the news repeatedly comes an announcement from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) that it is opening an investigation into a Nissan airbag recall. Meanwhile, more airbag lawsuits have been filed concerning the Takata airbag recall, which affected millions of vehicles worldwide.
February 4, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ $11M Awarded in Toyota Camry Sudden Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit ]
Los Angeles, CA An $11 million verdict has been awarded to the plaintiffs in a Toyota sudden acceleration personal injury lawsuit resulting from a defect in a 1996 Camry. The jury ruled that the defect contributed to an accident which left three people dead and two seriously injured.
January 20, 2015. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ Hagens Berman Expands National Takata Airbag Safety Recall Investigation ]
SEATTLE (January 16, 2015) (Press Release) Attorneys at national consumer-rights law firm, Hagens Berman, already representing dozens of plaintiffs with Honda vehicles in class-action lawsuits against Takata, have expanded their national investigation regarding the Takata airbag safety defect affecting millions of vehicles and linked to at least five fatalities, and urge affected consumers to act immediately.
January 15, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Airbag Recall Grows As Lawsuits Are Filed ]
Washington, DC As the number of airbag lawsuits grows, so too does the airbag recall, which includes Ford, Mazda, Chrysler and other carmakers nationwide. Meanwhile, the number of lawsuits filed concerning Takata airbag injuries has grown, with some critics alleging the airbag maker knew about the defective airbags long before the recall was announced.
- Consequences of GM Recall Extended As Guilty Plea in Fatal Crash Overturned By Heidi Turner (Dec-25-14)
- Calls for Nationwide Airbag Recall Increase As Some Lawsuits Are Settled By Heidi Turner (Nov-30-14)
- More Damning Revelations in the GM Faulty Ignition Switch Controversy By Gordon Gibb (Nov-21-14)
- NHTSA Wants National Recall of Vehicles with Defective Takata Airbags By Lucy Campbell (Nov-19-14)
- Chrysler Air Bag and Steering Wobble Recalls By Lucy Campbell (Oct-10-14)
- Faulty Airbags Contributed to Deaths of Young Mother and Her Unborn Child By Gordon Gibb (Oct-9-14)
- Airbag Defect Leads to Recall By Heidi Turner (Sep-7-14)
- $28.4M Recovery for Texas Women in Company Car Crash By The National Trial Lawyers (Aug-22-14)
- Airbag Injuries Lawsuit Filed against GM By Heidi Turner (Aug-15-14)
- GM Recall: “I Drove a Rolling Death Trap” By Jane Mundy (Aug-12-14)
- GM’s Plan to Pay $22 Per Car Not Good Enough By Brenda Craig (Jul-25-14)
- Airbag Injury Lawsuits—More to Come? By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-14)
- Following Suit: General Motors Recalls By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-14)
- Widower Alleging Airbag Failure Attempts to Re-Launch Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jun-12-14)
- Melton Family Wants the Truth from GM By Brenda Craig (May-20-14)
- GM Issues Another Recall for 5 Different Defects in 2,7 Million Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (May-15-14)
- Texas Woman Sues Ford, Local Dealership Over Airbag Injuries By Gordon Gibb (May-1-14)
- Inside the GM Faulty Ignition Switch Recall—LawyersandSettlements.com Speaks with Attorney Lance Cooper By LAS Staff Writer (Apr-9-14)
- Were GM Lawyers Involved in Ignition Switch Defect Cover Up? By Lucy Campbell (Apr-8-14)
- GM Issues Third Massive Recall for Alleged Defective Power Steering By Lucy Campbell (Apr-1-14)
- Leading GM Injury Lawyer Speaks out on NHTSA Failures, GM’s Apparent Disregard By Brenda Craig (Mar-22-14)
- GM Failed to Report Ignition Switch Design Change: NHTSA Wants Answers By Gordon Gibb (Mar-20-14)
- Families Suing GM Because Recall Comes Too Late By Lucy Campbell (Mar-12-14)
- Airbag Injury Caused to Passenger When Airbags Deployed without Warning By Gordon Gibb (Feb-13-14)
- Paul Walker Car Accident Investigation Under Way By Lucy Campbell (Dec-4-13)
- Texas Plaintiff Sues Over Airbag Injuries, Other Claims By Gordon Gibb (Dec-3-13)
- Chrysler Agrees to Recall 2.7 Million Jeeps By Lucy Campbell (Jun-18-13)
- Massive Airbag Recalls Due to Defective Airbag Components By Gordon Gibb (Apr-29-13)
- Attorney Investigating Online Car Referrer By Heidi Turner (Feb-20-13)
- How Do Online Car Dealer Kickbacks Work? By Heidi Turner (Jan-29-13)
- Vehicles Recalled Due To Defective Airbags By Heidi Turner (Dec-3-12)
- Airbag Injury Almost Cost Driver His Left Ear By Gordon Gibb (Nov-13-12)
- NHTSA Expands Airbag Injuries Probe By Heidi Turner (Oct-6-12)
- Airbag Injuries Alleged to Have Caused Girl's Blindness By Gordon Gibb (Sep-4-12)
- Hyundai Announces Airbag Recall By Heidi Turner (Aug-10-12)
- Airbag Failure Leaves Canadian Scratching His Head By Gordon Gibb (Jul-12-12)
- Airbag Recall Announced By Heidi Turner (Jun-2-12)
- Airbag Injuries Can Occur Even When They Work By Gordon Gibb (Mar-12-12)
- Attorney: Many People Seriously Injured by Defective Airbags By Heidi Turner (Feb-29-12)
- Honda Expands Defective Airbag Recall By Heidi Turner (Jan-21-12)