Legal News Articles - Accidents
September 3, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Small Plane Crash Kills 3 ]
Redwood City, CA Three people were killed in a plane crash in California, including the 91-year-old founder of an East Palo Alto steel company, Robert Borrmann, of RE Borrmann's Steel Co. The other two people have been identified as the pilot and the pilot's girlfriend.
September 3, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Missouri Car Accident Leaves One Dead, Three Injured ]
Delta, MO A recent Missouri car accident left one young man dead and three injured four miles north of Delta, Missouri, on Route T.
September 2, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Oil Rig Explodes Off Louisiana Coast ]
New Orleans, LA An oil rig exploded this morning in the Gulf of Mexico, roughly 80 miles off the Louisiana coast in Vermillion Bay. All 13 people on board the rig were rescued from the water by a commercial vessel. The latest reports indicate that one of the rig workers was hospitalized with injuries. It is not currently known whether the rig is leaking oil.
August 31, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Medical Helicopter Crash Kills 3 ]
Van Buren County, AK A helicopter crash early Tuesday morning killed three crew members when it went down in the hills of central Arkansas. Reports indicate that the Air Evac Lifeteam helicopter hit the ground just outside a residential home. No one on the ground has been reported injured or killed.
August 27, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Ford Recalls 575,000 Windstar Minivans ]
Washington, DC Ford is recalling 575,000 older model Windstar vans in the United States and Canada (model years 1998 to 2003) due to a rear axle that can fracture over time when exposed to corrosive materials used on roads in cold-weather areas which includes New England, the mid-Atlantic states, the great Lakes region, and Canada.
August 26, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ JetBlue Airbus Crashes On Sacramento Airstrip ]
Sacramento, CA A plane crash involving a JetBlue Airbus A320 took place during landing at Sacramento airport Thursday afternoon. Reports indicate that passengers were told to evacuate via the emergency slides as a fire broke out on the underside of the plane.
August 26, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Medical Tubing Errors Leading to Adverse Events Including Death ]
New York, NY In-hospital mix-ups between feeding tubes and tubes that enter veins are linked to adverse events, including death, in some 16 percent of hospitalized patients, according to a 2006 hospital survey, the New York Times is reporting.
August 26, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Toyota Recalls 1.3 Million Toyota Corollas and Corolla Matrix ]
Torrance, CA Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., has announced that it will conduct a safety recall involving approximately 1.13 million 2005-2008 Model Year Toyota Corolla and Corolla Matrix vehicles sold in the United States to address some Engine Control Modules (ECM) that may have been improperly manufactured. No other Toyota or Lexus vehicles are involved in this recall.
August 24, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Runaway Truck Crushes House, Kills Three ]
Los Angeles, CA: Three people have been killed in an accident involving a truck that flew off California State highway 154 and landed on their house, completely crushing it. The dead, a man, woman and child, were inside their home in Santa Barbara County at the time of the accident.
August 24, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Lawsuits Spring from 2008 Fire Accident in California ]
Vallejo, CA A 2008 fire accident that took the lives of three senior citizens at an elder care facility in California is now becoming a court case after the operators of the facility allegedly failed to maintain a working fire alarm system and allowed one of the residents to indulge in his habit of smoking cigars while in close proximity to medical oxygen.
- American Airlines Could Face $25 Million in Fines By Heidi Turner (Aug-24-10)
- Washington Car Crash Proves Fatal By Gordon Gibb (Aug-20-10)
- Zooper Tango Double Strollers Recalled Due to Injury Reports By Lucy Campbell (Aug-19-10)
- Powertec Recalls Leverage Gyms By Lucy Campbell (Aug-18-10)
- Colombian Plane Crash Kills One By Lucy Campbell (Aug-16-10)
- Eight Dead at California 200 By Heidi Turner (Aug-15-10)
- Car Accident Kills Family of Four in Idaho By Lucy Campbell (Aug-13-10)
- Six Detroit Firefighters Injured in Burning Building Collapse By Lucy Campbell (Aug-13-10)
- BP Oil Spill Lawsuits to be Heard in New Orleans By Lucy Campbell (Aug-11-10)
- Tour Bus Crash Kills 3 By Lucy Campbell (Aug-10-10)
- Three Car Accident Kills Six Students By Lucy Campbell (Aug-10-10)
- 98,000 Dehumidifiers Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Aug-10-10)
- NASA Chief, Former Senator in Fatal Alaska Plane Crash By Lucy Campbell (Aug-10-10)
- Plane Hits House, Kills 2 By Lucy Campbell (Aug-9-10)
- Honda Issues Massive Recalls in US and Canada By Lucy Campbell (Aug-9-10)
- Multi-Vehicle Crash in Missouri Kills 2, Injures 50 By Lucy Campbell (Aug-5-10)
- Congressman Luetkemeyer's Daughter-In-Law Killed in Missouri Car Accident By Lucy Campbell (Aug-4-10)
- Phoenix Plane Crash Kills Pilot By Lucy Campbell (Aug-4-10)
- Three Dead in Anchorage Plane Crash By Lucy Campbell (Aug-2-10)
- Building Explosion Rocks South Los Angeles, Kills 1 By Lucy Campbell (Jul-30-10)
- Teen Charged with Murder after Missouri Car Crash By Charles Benson (Jul-30-10)
- Oil Spill in Kalamazoo River Threatens Lake Michigan By Lucy Campbell (Jul-29-10)
- Cargo Plane Crash on Training Exercise Kills Four US Airmen By Gordon Gibb (Jul-29-10)
- 14-Year Old Pedestrian Dies in Missouri Car Accident By Lucy Campbell (Jul-28-10)
- 152 Killed in Pakistan Plane Crash By Lucy Campbell (Jul-28-10)
- New Oil Leak in Louisiana: Tug Boat Hits Wellhead By Lucy Campbell (Jul-27-10)
- Baby Matters Recalls Nap Nanny Recliners By Lucy Campbell (Jul-26-10)
- Fifteen-Passenger Vans Targeted in Canada By Gordon Gibb (Jul-24-10)
- Teenage Girl Killed in Missouri Accident By Lucy Campbell (Jul-23-10)
- Pilot Who Died in Plane Crash Not Rated to Fly at Night By Gordon Gibb (Jul-23-10)
- Six Dead, 34 Injured in Greyhound Crash By Lucy Campbell (Jul-22-10)
- Near Strangulation Prompts Recall of Roman and Roller Shades By Lucy Campbell (Jul-22-10)
- United Flight Hits Turbulence, 30 Injured By Lucy Campbell (Jul-21-10)
- One Person Killed in Florida Van Crash By Heidi Turner (Jul-18-10)
- Tanker Truck Driver Sues for Horrific Burn Injury By Gordon Gibb (Jul-18-10)
- NTSB Investigation of Denver Plane Crash: Little the Pilot Could Have Done By Gordon Gibb (Jul-18-10)
- Baja Motorsports Recalls Mini Bikes and Go-Carts By Lucy Campbell (Jul-15-10)
- Steel Plant Explosion Injures 15 By Lucy Campbell (Jul-14-10)
- Grandfather and Three Granchildren Killed in Small Plane Crash By Lucy Campbell (Jul-14-10)
- Two Bodies Pulled From Delaware River in Duck Boat Accident By Lucy Campbell (Jul-9-10)