Legal News Articles - Accidents
October 29, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Hole Blows Open in Boston-Bound Boeing 757, Forces Emergency Landing ]
Miami, FL Passengers aboard Boston-bound American Airlines Flight 1640 are grateful to be alive, having narrowly avoided a plane crash shortly after take-off at Miami International airport Tuesday night.
October 28, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Nissan Recalls 2.1 Million Vehicles Over Engine Problems ]
Tokyo, Japan And now, it is Nissan. The automaker announced today that it is recalling more than 2.1 million vehicles worldwide over engine problems that could cause an engine to stall, with the possibility that it could not be re-started in extreme cases.
October 27, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ California Plane Crash Kills Three ]
Agua Dulce, CA A plane crash at a horse corral in California recently killed three people and three horses, according to a Los Angeles County coroner's investigator.
October 26, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ GE Recalls 174,000 Dishwashers Due to Fire Hazard ]
Washington, DC GE Appliances & Lighting is recalling about 174,000 GE Profile® and GE Monogram® Dishwashers because the water condensation can drip onto the electronic control board, causing a short circuit and resulting in an overheated connector. This poses a fire hazard to consumers.
October 26, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Man Killed in Springfield Accident After Car Hits Deer ]
Springfield, MO A man was recently killed in a Springfield accident after his vehicle struck a deer near the southwest Missouri city.
October 20, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Reports of Child Deaths Prompt Recalls of Two Million Graco Strollers ]
Washington, DC The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), in cooperation with Graco Children's Products Inc of Atlanta, GA, is recalling about 2 million Graco strollers due to risk of entrapment and strangulation. CPSC and Graco have received four reports of infant strangulations that occurred in these strollers between 2003 and 2005. In addition, CPSC is aware of five reports of infants becoming entrapped, resulting in cuts and bruises, and one report of an infant having difficulty breathing.
October 19, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Wolverine, Spider-Man and Iron Man 2 Projector Flashlights Recalled ]
Washington, DC Dollar Tree Stores Inc and Greenbrier International are recalling about 275,000 Wolverine, Spider-Man and Iron Man 2 Projector Flashlights because the flashlights can cause the batteries and/or bulb to overheat, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.
October 19, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Oil on Road Causes Kansas City Car Accident ]
Kansas City, MO Oil on the road reportedly caused a Kansas City car accident that sent four people to the hospital.
October 19, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Two Motorcyclists Killed In Separate Kansas City Accidents ]
Kansas City, MO Two motorcyclists were recently killed in separate Kansas City accidents.
October 18, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Plane Crash Kills 4 Americans ]
Ensenada, Mexico Four people have been killed in a small plane crash just outside of Ensenada on the Pacific coast of Mexico. Two of the people killed were doctors, the third was a non-medical person, and the fourth was the pilot. They have been identified as Dr. James Thornton, Dr. Graciela Sarmiento, Andrew Theil, a non-medical support staffer, and pilot Roger Lyon.
- Bathtub Toys Recalled Due to Risk of Injury By Lucy Campbell (Oct-18-10)
- When a Plane Crash Isn't a Plane Crash But Could Be By Gordon Gibb (Oct-18-10)
- Excelsior Medical Recalls 5 ml Fill in 6 cc Prefilled Saline Flush Syringes By Lucy Campbell (Oct-15-10)
- Additional Injuries Prompts Reannounce Recall of Spa Factory Aromatherapy Kits By Lucy Campbell (Oct-15-10)
- Ryobi Recalls Cordless Drills By Lucy Campbell (Oct-14-10)
- Bus Accident Kills One, Injures 13 in Pennsylvania By Lucy Campbell (Oct-13-10)
- Proposed Changes to Helicopter Safety Rules By Heidi Turner (Oct-12-10)
- Small Plane Crash Kills Park Rangers By Lucy Campbell (Oct-12-10)
- St. Louis Truck Accident Leaves 18-Wheeler Lodged Under Bridge By Charles Benson (Oct-12-10)
- Georgia Plagued by Small Plane Crashes By Gordon Gibb (Oct-10-10)
- Alexander Designs Drop-Side Cribs Sold Exclusively at JCPenney Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Oct-7-10)
- Tike Tech Recalls Jogging Strollers By Lucy Campbell (Oct-6-10)
- ATV Riders 50 Percent More Likely to Die Following an ATV Accident By Lucy Campbell (Oct-6-10)
- Reports of Property Damage Prompt Recall of Trisonic Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs By Lucy Campbell (Oct-5-10)
- PbTeen Sleep and Study Loft Beds Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Oct-5-10)
- Lack of Fence near Shopping Center Could Result in Further Missouri Accident Injury By Gordon Gibb (Oct-5-10)
- Three Burned in Catalina Plane Crash By Lucy Campbell (Oct-4-10)
- Fisher-Price Recalls 3 Million Infant Toys with Inflatable Balls By Lucy Campbell (Sep-30-10)
- Reports of Injury Prompt Fisher-Price Trike Recall By Lucy Campbell (Sep-30-10)
- Fisher-Price Recalls Little People Wheelies Stand 'n Play Rampway By Lucy Campbell (Sep-30-10)
- Fisher-Price Recalls Healthy Care, Easy Clean and Close to Me High Chairs By Lucy Campbell (Sep-30-10)
- Commuter Bus Crash Kills One, Injures 12 By Lucy Campbell (Sep-29-10)
- Second Child Dies of Overdose At Seattle's Children's Hospital By Lucy Campbell (Sep-29-10)
- Black & Decker Recalls Cordless Electric Lawnmowers By Lucy Campbell (Sep-29-10)
- Deaths prompt CPSC, FDA warning on infant sleep positioners By Lucy Campbell (Sep-29-10)
- Delta Pilot Saves All Passengers and Crew in JFK Emergency Landing By Lucy Campbell (Sep-27-10)
- Segway Millionaire Rides off Cliff and Dies By Lucy Campbell (Sep-27-10)
- Pilot Error, Air Traffic Controller Distraction Resulted in Plane Crash By Heidi Turner (Sep-26-10)
- PG&E Postponed Pipeline Fix in San Bruno By Lucy Campbell (Sep-16-10)
- Sorelle Brand Prescott Fixed-Sided Cribs Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Sep-15-10)
- Chuck E. Cheese Recalls Light-up Rings and Star Glasses By Lucy Campbell (Sep-15-10)
- Explosion in Tennessee Injures 6 By Lucy Campbell (Sep-14-10)
- Plane Crash in Venezuela Kills Two By Lucy Campbell (Sep-13-10)
- San Bruno Fire: Death Toll Unclear By Heidi Turner (Sep-12-10)
- NTSB Again Calling for Airline Simulator Improvements By Gordon Gibb (Sep-11-10)
- Four Dead, 38 Homes Destroyed in San Bruno Gas Explosion By Lucy Campbell (Sep-10-10)
- FAA Proposes Sweeping New Rules to Fight Pilot Fatigue By Lucy Campbell (Sep-10-10)
- San Bruno Gas Explosion By Jane Mundy (Sep-10-10)
- Small Plane Crashes onto Nevada Street, Killing One By Gordon Gibb (Sep-8-10)
- 1 Million Rechargeable Spotlights Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Sep-8-10)