LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONAccidents
Legal News Articles - Accidents
May 11, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Questionable Deaths Reported in Florida's Assisted Living Facilities ]
Miami, FL A report by NPR and the Miami Herald has revealed that state regulators in Florida are not adequately protecting residents of assisted living facilities. According to their report, dozens of deaths in Florida state records appear questionable.
May 6, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Dorel Asia Recalls 445,000 Bunk Beds in US and Canada ]
Washington, DC Dorel Asia SRL, is recalling about 445,000 wooden bunk beds in the United States and a further 21,700 in Canada because the wooden side rails that run from the headboard to the footboard and hold the bunk bed’s mattress in place can split and cause the bunk bed to collapse, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
May 5, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Driver Arrested in Springfield Truck Accident ]
Springfield, MO Missouri State Highway Patrol troopers said recently that they have arrested the driver of a pick-up truck that struck an unlicensed go-cart in a Springfield truck accident, killing the driver of the go-cart.
April 28, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Heartland America Recalls Wooden Stools ]
Washington, DC Heartland America is recalling about 5,850 wooden stools because the legs and seat of the stool can crack and break, causing the consumer to fall.
April 27, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Toro Recalls Power Clear Snowblowers and Recycler Mowers ]
Washington, DC The Toro Company is recalling about 18,000 snowblowers sold in the US and a further 5,000 in Canada, as well as roughly 6,000 mowers sold in the US and 200 sold in Canada.
April 25, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Children's Scooters Recalled by Kiddieland ]
Washington, DC Kiddieland Toys Limited is recalling about 16,000 Lights and Sounds Children's Scooters in the US and a further 700 in Canada because a child’s finger can get caught in the hinge mechanism between the steering column and the platform, posing a laceration hazard.
April 24, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Two Injured in Springfield Motorcycle Accident ]
Springfield, MO Two people were injured in a recent Springfield motorcycle accident on Farm Road 94 in Greene County, the Bolivar Herald-Free Press reports.
April 22, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Reports of Injury Prompt Recall of Disney Princess Plastic Trikes ]
Washington, DC Kiddieland Toys Limited is recalling about 9,000 Disney Princess Plastic Racing Trikes in the US and a further 700 in Canada because the plastic castle display and the princess figures protruding from the top of the handle bar pose a laceration hazard if a child falls on it.
April 22, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Aquarium Heaters Recalled by United Pet Group ]
Washington, DC United Pet Group is recalling about 1.2 million Marineland Stealth and Stealth Pro Aquarium Heaters because a wiring problem can cause the aquarium heaters to overheat or break during normal use, damaging the aquarium and posing fire and laceration hazards to consumers. Overheating can cause the heater to shatter or the aquarium glass to break.
April 19, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Lithium-Ion Batteries Used with Bicycle Lights Recalled ]
Washington, DC Datseplots Inc., dba GeoManGear, is recalling about 20,000 Lithium-Ion batteries used with Magicshine bicycle lights because the batteries can overheat, posing a fire hazard to consumers.
- Emporia Man Dies in Kansas City Truck Accident By Charles Benson (Apr-17-11)
- Young Boy Dies in Chicago Amusement Park Accident By Charles Benson (Apr-15-11)
- Dodgers Seek Dismissal of Los Angeles Premises Liability Case By Charles Benson (Apr-14-11)
- Kansas City Man Sentenced to 17 Years for Missouri Car Accident By Charles Benson (Apr-11-11)
- 4 Die in Plant Explosion in Hawaii By Lucy Campbell (Apr-8-11)
- Amusement Park Ride Where Boy Was Killed Had Previous Incidents By Gordon Gibb (Apr-8-11)
- Blue Bird Recalls 3900 School Buses By Lucy Campbell (Apr-8-11)
- Georgia Man Dies in Gas Can Explosion By Charles Benson (Apr-7-11)
- EPA to Investigate Hydraulic Fracking's Effects on Drinking Water By Lucy Campbell (Apr-6-11)
- Williams-Sonoma Recalls Hot Chocolate Pots By Lucy Campbell (Apr-6-11)
- Arm's Reach Concepts Recalls Infant Bed-Side Sleepers By Lucy Campbell (Apr-5-11)
- Kansas City Bears Brunt of Liability for Missouri Traffic Accident By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-11)
- Infantino Recalls Toy Activity Trucks Due to Choking Hazard By Lucy Campbell (Apr-4-11)
- Young Boy Killed at Amusement Park By Jane Mundy (Apr-3-11)
- School Bus Accident Kills 10-Year-Old Girl By Lucy Campbell (Apr-1-11)
- Reports of Injury, Near Death, Prompts Warning for Water Walking Balls By Lucy Campbell (Mar-31-11)
- Young Child Dies in Kansas City Accident By Charles Benson (Mar-31-11)
- US Airways Plane Grounded After Hole Discovered in Fuselage By Gordon Gibb (Mar-29-11)
- Funeral Held for South Carolina Boy Killed in Amusement Park Accident By Charles Benson (Mar-29-11)
- San Diego Boat Accident Kills Two By Lucy Campbell (Mar-28-11)
- Lasko Recalls 4.8 Million Box Fans Due To Fire Hazard By Lucy Campbell (Mar-24-11)
- Four Injured in Springfield Car Accident By Charles Benson (Mar-24-11)
- 103,000 Gerber Gator Combo Axes Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Mar-23-11)
- Six-Year-Old Killed on Miniature Train Ride Accident By Lucy Campbell (Mar-21-11)
- Pogo Sticks Recalled by Bravo Sports By Lucy Campbell (Mar-17-11)
- Expert Witness Claims Driver in St. Louis Truck Crash Was Impaired by Alcohol By Charles Benson (Mar-17-11)
- Suzuki Recalls KingQuad ATVs Due to Fire Hazard By Lucy Campbell (Mar-14-11)
- Chemical Plant Explodes in Middleton, Injures 4 By Lucy Campbell (Mar-14-11)
- Death Toll Now 14 in Bus Crash, Questions Remain By Gordon Gibb (Mar-14-11)
- Thirteen People Dead in Bus Crash By Heidi Turner (Mar-12-11)
- Trench Collapse Could Lead to Need for Los Angeles Construction Accident Lawyer By Charles Benson (Mar-12-11)
- Wall Mount Fireplaces Recalled Due to Fire and Fall Hazards By Lucy Campbell (Mar-10-11)
- Springfield Man Killed in Missouri Motorcycle Accident By Charles Benson (Mar-10-11)
- Missouri Accidents Blamed on Weather Forecast By Heidi Turner (Mar-4-11)
- Mazda Recalls 52,000 Vehicles due to Spiders in the Fuel Tanks By Lucy Campbell (Mar-3-11)
- Exploding Gas Cans Under Investigation By Lucy Campbell (Mar-3-11)
- Dick's Sporting Goods Recalls Resistance Tubing By Lucy Campbell (Mar-2-11)
- Theme Park Injuries Occur at Disney's Magic Kingdom By Charles Benson (Mar-2-11)
- FAB Starpoint Recalls Circo Beaded Door Curtains Due to Risk of Strangulation By Lucy Campbell (Mar-1-11)
- Massive Accident in Lincoln Tunnel Injures 30 By Lucy Campbell (Feb-24-11)