Legal News Articles - Accidents
June 27, 2012. By Mark Bello.
No matter how cautious a motorcycle rider may be, sometimes an accident still happens. The more serious the injury, the more likely a lawsuit will be necessary to receive fair compensation. In serious injury or deadly cases, the complexity of the litigation process can delay a verdict or settlement for years. Injured victims and their families may struggle financially during this time as bills pile up, credit cards reach their limits, and cash is runs short. This is where pre-settlement lawsuit funding is a life-saver.Read [ Motorcycle Accidents: Lawsuit Funding May Enhance Recovery ]
June 26, 2012. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Massive Accident on 14 Freeway in California ]
Lancaster, CA (Press Release) Today’s horrific 19-car pileup on the 14 Freeway caused by a big rig carrying at least 25 tons of sand reminds us that the large size and weight of commercial trucks, coupled with their limited maneuverability, makes them a potentially dangerous hazard to other drivers on the road.
June 21, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Amusement Parks Face Personal Injury Lawsuits Linked to Falls ]
Los Angeles, CA With the warmer weather comes increased visits to amusement parks, and news about amusement park accidents. Although theme park injuries and roller coaster accidents are rare, they do happen and the results can be devastating. And even though the incidents that hit the news most frequently report high-adrenaline thrill rides, amusement park guests are at risk of injuries from slip-and-fall or other relatively minor incidents.
June 3, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Brain Injury Lawsuit Settlement Helps Injured Boy ]
Dallas, TX A tragic brain injury that left a young boy with permanent disabilities has resulted in a settlement, although the parties involved are bound by nondisclosure agreements. Nonetheless, the settlement of one brain injury lawsuit serves somewhat as closure for the family of Abdallah Khader.
June 2, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Airbag Recall Announced ]
Detroit, MI In the realm of things that can go wrong, having an airbag recall brought about by defective airbags is probably high on the list of things that consumers want to avoid. After all, airbags are supposed to prevent injuries, not cause them. But airbag injuries have reportedly caused serious harm to passengers in vehicles, resulting in airbag lawsuits against car manufacturers.
June 1, 2012. By Mark Bello.
Accidents are never planned; often, they're unavoidable whether on the roadways, in the workplace, or on personal property. Thousands of people suffer from personal injuries each year--and while you might think a serious injury could never happen to you or someone you love, it can.Read [ How Lawsuit Funding Can Help Victims Avoid Settling for Too Little ]
May 26, 2012. By Mark Bello.
Driver distractions are so much a part of our day, we don‘t give them a second thought. They occur when a driver's attention is diverted away from the principal task of driving by some other, far less important, activity--like texting. Unfortunately, distracted driving accidents can be deadly for their victims--and costly--and many victims find out just how costly a distracted driver accident can be only once litigation begins. It's then that the need for lawsuit funding becomes apparent--and necessary.Read [ Distracted Driving Accidents can Leave Victims in Financial Ruin ]
May 24, 2012. By LAS Staff Writer.
As families and friends come together to celebrate the Memorial Day weekend, it's important to keep safety at the forefront, whether on the road or on the roller coaster. Memorial Day weekend is notoriously one of the highest of the year for accidents resulting in negligence and personal injury lawsuits.Read [ LawyersandSettlements.com Warns of Top Five Memorial Day Accidents and Offers Tips to Stay Safe ]
May 21, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ For Memorial Day Safety, Statistics Aren't on Your Side ]
Santa Cruz, CA The approach of Memorial Day heralds the start of the busy summer season, when families do most of their leisure time and other activity together (as opposed to separately). And yet, as welcome as the onset of Memorial Day is, there is an underlying current of caution…
May 11, 2012. By Abi Kistler.
Read [ Costa Concordia Victims Seek $200M in Lawsuit vs Carnival Cruise Lines ]
New York, NY (Press Release) – Four Hungarian performers on the ill-fated Costa Concordia cruise ship are collectively seeking $200 million in damages in a Federal gross negligence complaint (12CV-3498, filed May 3, 2012) that has been filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York against the ship’s owner and operator.
- Navy Jet Crash Sets Fire to Apartments By Jane Mundy (Apr-6-12)
- Airbag Injuries Can Occur Even When They Work By Gordon Gibb (Mar-12-12)
- Attorney: Many People Seriously Injured by Defective Airbags By Heidi Turner (Feb-29-12)
- Honda Expands Defective Airbag Recall By Heidi Turner (Jan-21-12)
- Ski Accident Highlights Dangers By Heidi Turner (Jan-20-12)
- Three Dead in Cruise Ship Accident By Heidi Turner (Jan-14-12)
- Car Accident Victim Awarded $1.4 Million Settlement By Gordon Gibb (Jan-1-12)
- Back and Neck Injury: Win, Loss and "Wild Card" By Jane Mundy (Nov-4-11)
- New Generation of "Advanced" Airbags—Better or Worse? By Jane Mundy (Nov-2-11)
- Death Toll Rises in Reno Plane Crash By Heidi Turner (Sep-18-11)
- California Car Crash Driver Sent to Prison By Heidi Turner (Sep-17-11)
- Horrific Plane Crash Kills Three By Heidi Turner (Sep-17-11)
- Two Men Injured at California Amusement Park By Lucy Campbell (Aug-31-11)
- Chlorine Spill at Cal Expo in Sacramento Causes Hospitalizations By Lucy Campbell (Aug-16-11)
- Five Killed at Indiana State Fair By Jane Mundy (Aug-14-11)
- Bus Accident Injures 21 Passengers By Jane Mundy (Aug-13-11)
- Planes Collide Over Alaska leaving Four Dead By Jane Mundy (Jul-31-11)
- Study Links Brain Injury to Stroke By Jane Mundy (Jul-30-11)
- Boy, 6, Drowns in Amusement Park Accident By Gordon Gibb (Jul-24-11)
- Woman Killed in Missouri Car Crash over Independence Day Weekend By Charles Benson (Jul-6-11)
- One American Dead In Mexican Tour Boat Accident By Lucy Campbell (Jul-4-11)
- Six Dead in Amtrak Collision By Heidi Turner (Jun-26-11)
- Police Say Drag Racing Led to St. Louis Car Accident By Charles Benson (Jun-25-11)
- New Jersey Girl Dies in Amusement Park Accident By Charles Benson (Jun-17-11)
- Chemical Plant Explosion Rocks Neighborhood, Sends 4 to Hospital By Lucy Campbell (Jun-14-11)
- Children Injured in Inflatable Bounce House By Jane Mundy (Jun-5-11)
- Missouri Traffic Accidents Injure Several People over Memorial Day Weekend By Charles Benson (Jun-5-11)
- Girl Fell to her Death from Ferris Wheel By Jane Mundy (Jun-4-11)
- Bus Crash That Killed Four Allegedly Caused by Sleepy Driver By Gordon Gibb (Jun-1-11)
- Cell Phones Possibly Cancerous, Expert Panel Says By Lucy Campbell (May-31-11)
- Virginia Bus Accident Kills 4, Injures Dozens By Lucy Campbell (May-31-11)
- New Jersey Man Awarded $10 Million in Car Accident Compensation By Charles Benson (May-30-11)
- Woman Dies in Missouri Motorcycle Accident By Charles Benson (May-21-11)
- Families of West Virginia Truck Accident Victims Awarded $2.69 Million By Charles Benson (May-17-11)
- Three Injured in New Jersey Amusement Park Accident By Charles Benson (May-17-11)
- New Jersey Man Dies in Bike Accident By Charles Benson (May-16-11)
- Eight People Injured in Boat Accident in Virginia By Charles Benson (May-15-11)
- Maclaren Recalls 1 Million Strollers due to Reports of Injury By Lucy Campbell (May-13-11)
- Worker Dies in Oil Drilling Accident By Charles Benson (May-12-11)
- Questionable Deaths Reported in Florida's Assisted Living Facilities By Lucy Campbell (May-11-11)