LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONAccidents
Legal News Articles - Accidents
May 1, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Texas Woman Sues Ford, Local Dealership Over Airbag Injuries ]
Pleasanton, TX While all eyes are currently on the GM debacle over ignition switches and airbags, there are other airbag lawsuits looming that accuse other manufacturers of defective products and design, leading to personal injury.
April 17, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Many Questions Remain About Horrific FedEx Bus Crash ]
Orland, CA As far as Accident Articles go, this one is a tough go given the loss of life, and the ferocity of the April 10 collision in California between a FedEx twin trailer and a motor coach carrying a group of prospective university students and their chaperone to a facilities tour at Humboldt State University.
April 8, 2014. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Were GM Lawyers Involved in Ignition Switch Defect Cover Up? ]
Washington, DC In house lawyers at General Motors are under suspicion for their possible role in a cover up of the GM ignition switch design defect and subsequent recall. According to media reports, House and Senate hearings revealed that GM’s legal department apparently played a role in delaying the recall. Further, GM’s lawyers have been settling lawsuits over crashes related to the faulty switch for years, without media attention.
April 1, 2014. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ GM Issues Third Massive Recall for Alleged Defective Power Steering ]
Detroit, MI Further to the massive GM recalls involving alleged defects in air bag deployment and ignition switches, General Motors has now issued a third large recall involving more than 1.3 million vehicles in the US and 145,700 in Canada that may experience a sudden loss of electric power steering assist.
March 12, 2014. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Families Suing GM Because Recall Comes Too Late ]
New York, NY Further to a recent massive General Motors recall involving certain model year 2005-2007 Chevrolet Cobalt, and 2007 Pontiac G5 vehicles, at least one family who lost a child as a result of the defect is suing GM.
February 13, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Airbag Injury Caused to Passenger When Airbags Deployed without Warning ]
Tredworth, UK When airbags were first introduced into automobiles, they were hailed as a safety feature that carried as much significance to driver and passenger safety as the introduction of the seat belt, and later the shoulder belt. Since then airbag design has changed, and there are more of them, with an average car now equipped with driver, passenger, and curtain and side impact airbags. And yet airbag injuries can occur. This happens when they fail to deploy when they should in an accident or when they deploy into the faces of unsuspecting occupants, when they shouldn’t.
February 10, 2014. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Six People Dead in Suspected DUI Collision ]
Los Angeles, CA Six people, including four family members, are dead, killed at the scene of a multi-car collision on the westbound Pomona Freeway in Diamond Bar, CA in which driving under the influence is the suspected cause. According to media reports the two others killed included the sister of the woman driving a Chevy Camaro, who was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and manslaughter.
January 31, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Airbag Injuries: Are Victims Hurt by Reduced Quality? ]
Seattle, WA When consumers purchase vehicles, they often take into consideration issues such as airbags and whether the vehicle in question has side impact airbags and other safety features. What they do not consider - or often know - is who the maker of these safety features is and what the risks of airbag injuries are.
January 9, 2014. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ McDonald's Sued over Hot Coffee Burns ]
Los Angeles, CA McDonald’s Corp is facing a personal injury lawsuit filed by Paullette Carr of Los Angeles. Carr alleges in her “hot coffee” lawsuit that she was burned after the coffee she had ordered spilled on her at one of McDonald’s Los Angeles restaurants.
December 31, 2013. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ North Dakota Town Evacuated After Massive Train Derailment ]
Casselton, ND Residents of Casselton, in North Dakota, are heeding the advice of the North Dakota Department of Health and evacuating their homes after a major train crash occurred Monday just outside town.
- Wal-Mart to Pay $25M in Blitz Exploding Gas Can Settlement By Lucy Campbell (Dec-12-13)
- Paul Walker Car Accident Investigation Under Way By Lucy Campbell (Dec-4-13)
- Texas Plaintiff Sues Over Airbag Injuries, Other Claims By Gordon Gibb (Dec-3-13)
- Four Dead in New York Train Derailment By Heidi Turner (Dec-1-13)
- 40-Year Old Cyclist Killed By Motorist on Cell Phone By Lucy Campbell (Nov-5-13)
- Florida Amusement Parks Accidents Reported on Harry Potter and Magic Kingdom Rides By Lucy Campbell (Oct-25-13)
- Shimano Disc Brake Calipers Recalled in US and Canada By Lucy Campbell (Sep-27-13)
- Bus Accident in Ohio Injures Dozens By Heidi Turner (Sep-14-13)
- Rising Trampoline Accident and Injury Rates Raise Alarm Bells By Lucy Campbell (Aug-12-13)
- Fatal Fall at Texas Giant Roller Coaster By Jane Mundy (Jul-20-13)
- San Francisco Plane Crash – Airport Also Under Investigation (Jul-7-13)
- 4000 Children A Year Suffer Amusement Park Injuries, New Study Shows By Lucy Campbell (May-1-13)
- Massive Airbag Recalls Due to Defective Airbag Components By Gordon Gibb (Apr-29-13)
- Plaintiff Receives Much-Needed Surgery with the Help of Pre-Settlement Funding By Mark Bello (Jan-24-13)
- Parents of Tot Killed in Skiing Accident Launch Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jan-18-13)
- Plaintiffs Needing Cash Seek Out Lawsuit Funding By Mark Bello (Jan-17-13)
- Airbag MailBag: Airbag Injuries, Airbag Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Jan-13-13)
- When Winter Weather Causes Auto Accidents, Lawsuit Funding Can Provide Financial Relief By Mark Bello (Jan-11-13)
- How Can Litigation Funding Help A Pending Lawsuit? By Mark Bello (Jan-4-13)
- An Illustration of How Lawsuit Funding Can Help Auto Accident Victims By Mark Bello (Dec-16-12)
- Brain Injury Victim Learning from Scratch By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-12)
- Vehicles Recalled Due To Defective Airbags By Heidi Turner (Dec-3-12)
- A Trio of Auto Accident Related Back and Neck Injuries By Jane Mundy (Nov-27-12)
- The Vrdolyak Law Group Uncovers New Evidence, Recovers $775,000 for At-fault Elderly Driver By Abi Kistler (Nov-21-12)
- Woman's Face Disfigured in Horrific Amusement Park Accident By Gordon Gibb (Nov-17-12)
- Airbag Injury Almost Cost Driver His Left Ear By Gordon Gibb (Nov-13-12)
- What to do When Your Lawsuit is Delayed, but the Bills Need to be Paid By Mark Bello (Nov-10-12)
- Auto Accident Lawsuit Funding When You Need It Most By Mark Bello (Nov-1-12)
- How Lawsuit Funding Can Make an Auto Accident Lawsuit Stronger By Mark Bello (Oct-26-12)
- Lawsuit Funding Helps Car Accident Victim Get a Better Settlement By Mark Bello (Oct-22-12)
- Are Amusement Park Owners Responsible for All Injuries? By Heidi Turner (Oct-14-12)
- An Auto Accident "To Do" List By Mark Bello (Sep-18-12)
- Airbag Injuries Alleged to Have Caused Girl's Blindness By Gordon Gibb (Sep-4-12)
- Three Year Old's Death Highlights Theme Park Dangers By Heidi Turner (Sep-3-12)
- Decision to Text and Drive May Have Life Altering Consequences By Mark Bello (Aug-17-12)
- Hyundai Announces Airbag Recall By Heidi Turner (Aug-10-12)
- Plaintiffs’ Attorney Discusses $31 Million California Car Accident Verdict By Jane Mundy (Jul-27-12)
- New Jersey Amusement Park Accident Results in Hospitalizations By Heidi Turner (Jul-26-12)
- Lawsuit Funding Helps Auto Accident Victims Avoid Debt By Mark Bello (Jul-21-12)
- Jury Returns a Record $31.5 Million Verdict Finding a Dangerous Condition on State Route 138 By Abi Kistler (Jul-20-12)